• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard vs The Dunwich Horror (Smurfs with 1-A abilities). Hopefully Not a Stomp Addition

No, he has a win condition, he just won't use it. That's not a stomp. It's why Medaka and Gil have so many losses, because they have win con they won't use

Giving The Dunwich Horror the time to open the portals before the fight makes this spite.

Please close this.

I just want to point out that rein has never been shown to use stigmata in combat so idk if it's even possible

I'm also pretty sure he just has to kill them for them to be sucked into gladsheim I don't think he has to use the stigmata first

Warren Valion said:
Giving The Dunwich Horror the time to open the portals before the fight makes this spite.
Please close this.
Rein has enough attack power to kill most of the known great old ones, and a few of the elder gods. He is also more than capable of winning by using a Stigma before nuking the horror, although he wouldn't in character. That is Rein's win condition, thus it is not a stomp

Overlord775 said:
Isn't yog the only one that would care enought to protect the eldirch horror ?
I don't think Yog would care enough tbh. The Great Old ones would reap destruction even if they wouldn't block attacks for it or anything like that

What Great Old Ones can Reinhard kill? Cthulu?

If the draw on who is being summoned is random, then the outcome of the battle is inapplicable, and this thread should be closed.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
He does not need to reach his essence if he uses a stigma before he nukes it. Then he has a copy of the dunwich horror in his legion and can summon Gods of his own. Killing it may not incapacitate it, but it works well enough to bring it into his legion. Those are his win conditions, but Rein would not use them in character
Why is a Stigmata needed again? Because going by Reins profile killing it with the spear is enough.

This btw still wont change the fact this fight is a massive stomp if the Horror actually can summon Elder gods (that makes still no sense in context of the mythos but thats not your fault i guess). Most Elder gods would not even bother to help, even if they were summoned.

In fact, what guarantee do we have that a single Elder god dosnt wipe out both of them? Yog sure as hell woudnt care if his spawn gets yeeted. Like, i would be pretty pissed if the son of a dude that i am in war with (at least going by EU, because Outer Gods are evil amirite) randomly summons me and expect me to fight for him.

To summarize: Great Old Ones are a non factor, they get yeeted off with the top tiers as a exception (And only if they are compareable to Hypnos). They might actually aid the Horror because they fear Yoggy as they know what the food chain is. Elder Gods not so much. I dont see Nodens or Bastet aiding the Horror at all. Outer Gods are the only ones who are an actual winning condition for the Horror. They might actually help the Horror and are actually high enough to do the job

Overlord775 said:
Are we even sure that true self Dunwich isn't weaker level 80 takyou hadou gods ?
It exists in the realms beyond the gates, which doesnt really matter about power. It's several times higher than a qualitative difference above even the likes of Hajun

Warren Valion said:
What Great Old Ones can Reinhard kill? Cthulu?
If the draw on who is being summoned is random, then the outcome of the battle is inapplicable, and this thread should be closed.
Most of them actually, but he also summons the elder gods and outer gods

By the way it works, he summons most if not all of them. It's more a question of which ones will help him out and which ones won't. Someone like Nodens wont but the vast majority will.

It exists in the realms beyond the gates, which doesnt really matter about power. It's several times higher than a qualitative difference above even the likes of Hajun
IRCC last time I checked Hajun was considered comparable to high end gates

Most of them actually, but he also summons the elder gods and outer gods

By the 'way' it works, he summons most if not all of them. It's more a question of which ones will help him out and which ones won't. Someone like Nodens wont but the vast majority will.
"If the draw on who is being summoned is random, then the outcome of the battle is inapplicable, and this thread should be closed."

Anyway, the stigma works by manipulating the soul of the target

And considering the true self Dunwich if far beyond what Reinhard can affect it won't work

And even if it did it would work he would get splatted by one of the outer gods before he can summon his own

@First Witch

Killing its lower form is no issue. The type 9 is. Its essence even after being killed still exists in the land beyond the gates

Not really. He just needs to stigma the horror before he nukes him so he joins his legion. That's his win condition and it stops it from being a stomp

Actually, in the book it was stated that the things he summoned would indeed help him in wiping out humanity. Either way, I blood lusted some of them if you read the OP. Also, the family of the horror including itself were going to be allowed to walk.free at least for a time while humanity died, so the horror itself is at least safe long enough for him to win

Remember that I bloodlusted some of them. Read the OP. Hence the ones that would make it a stomp may not give a crap, but the ones who make it fair are.bloodlusted. and don't forget, it isnt a stomp because they both have win conditions

Overlord775 said:
Anyway, the stigma works by manipulating the soul of the target
And considering the true self Dunwich if far beyond what Reinhard can affect it won't work

And even if it did it would work he would get splatted by one of the outer gods before he can summon his own
He doesnt need the higher form, he just needs the lower form. It's the lower form that does the summoning, not the essence that exists beyond the gates

His type 8 saves him at least long enough to summon. Either way, it is a win con

Eh, killing it with the Lance is enough tho, at least going by Reins Profile.

Edit: So apperently the Stigma is only needed if Rein kills it with everything else. Killing it with the spear drags its soul directly to Valhalla.

This entire fight is based on probability and possibility.

There no way to know which gods get summoned, which gods are bloodlusted, which gods Reinhard can beat, et cetera.

There are too many unknowns, this answer to this battle is inapplicable and this thread should be closed.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
>Tier 0 summoning
F639bda06b
ZacharyGrossman273, I was holding it in! It would be a literal GOD STOMP if it happened, no offense to anyone!

> Stigmata is something Reinhard doesn't use it in battle

> Was gonna use it on Kei during their fight only to get interrupted by Ren

K

He doesnt need the higher form, he just needs the lower form. It's the lower form that does the summoning, not the essence that exists beyond the gates

His type 8 saves him at least long enough to summon. Either way, it is a win con
The lower form doesn't have a soul and Reinhard needs to interact with your soul to turn you in to one of his legion

And even if it worked:

1. Reinhard would not get the knowlage on how to use the summoning powers of the dunwich

2. The gods he summons would turn against him

3. The outer gods that would teoretically care about Dunwich would erase Reinhard to a level his type 8 can't bring him back the moment the match starts

@Overlord

He can just make his Horror copy do the whole summoning.

But your other points stand. Im not sold on this theoretical Lovecraftrok that is striclty benelovent towards the Horror, but lets just roll with it. The gods would most definitly not help Reinhard and his fake copy.

Nah. His normal thing is who is slain, which is technically different in this case from getting killed. The stigma will allow it to be taken in, his normal Briah would not. Maybe the phrasing is off or something, but the difference is important. Then again that may just be the profile and not the source material, but if that is the case it should be changed

Also doesn't reinhard have ways to BFR or seal anyway?

No. Yakou doesn't have BFR or Seal

Holy shit where does this misinformation comes from?

Warren Valion said:
This entire fight is based on probability and possibility.
There no way to know which gods get summoned, which gods are bloodlusted, which gods Reinhard can beat, et cetera.

There are too many unknowns, this answer to this battle is inapplicable and this thread should be closed.
It's not random. Where did you get that from?

It is known. Do they exceed what his lance can kill? It's that simple

That would be inconclusive, so it wouldnt need to be closed anyway

ALRF said:
> Stigmata is something Reinhard doesn't use it in battle
> Was gonna use it on Kei during their fight only to get interrupted by Ren

K
Good so that makes it an even better match. I was told he doesn't. How many other times has he used it?

ALRF said:
"Sealing Techniques: Using paper talismans, Onmyouji are capable of bringing diverse effects by positioning these charms in certain patterns."

Overlord775 said:
The lower form doesn't have a soul and Reinhard needs to interact with your soul to turn you in to one of his legion

And even if it worked:

1. Reinhard would not get the knowlage on how to use the summoning powers of the dunwich

2. The gods he summons would turn against him

3. The outer gods that would teoretically care about Dunwich would erase Reinhard to a level his type 8 can't bring him back the moment the match starts
That is an unknown. The birds of dunwich which consume souls still gathered when it was going to die, although they started to die (likely from attempting to eat its soul among other things)

1. Just because he wouldnt think to do it doesn't mean he cant. All he needs to do is open the gates

2. Not necessarily. The summoned Gods destroy but seem to not destroy their summoner since the whatleys would have been safe

3. Speed is equalised so he also gets an opening move at the same time. The stigma is will based at least from the profile, and his spear is instant

ALRF said:
I was talking with some friends and he mentioned an interview talked about it. That was a question, not a claim

One. Nothing there mentions sealing others. Sealing techniques, specifically the seal, means the paper talismans

Second. The power is immediatly followed by what he had shown to do with it in the entire novel:

• ÕóâþòîÕì░Úææ (Boundary Seal): Yakou creates a barrier that halts incoming attacks. It's powerful enough to protect Yakou and his allies from hundreds of Tsuchigumo.
  • þÀèþ©ø (Kinbaku): A technique used to seal Distortions, it was created to supress the catastrophic destruction wrought by star of bad fortune held inside Sakuya's body. Due to her high Distortion value (10), Yakou needed to amplify the effects of this technique by knitting together the fibers of a sacred tree that was more than 1,000 years old and the hair of hundreds of woman in their last month of pregnancy with bloody runes. This multi-layered seal is powerful enough to completely isolate Sakuya from all external dangers.
So yes. No sealing

Dunno where BFR comes from

Back