• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars: The End

Edwellken

RP Elder
The battle was a fearsome one. Our heroes... YOU were struggling against a powerful foe, but... who was it again? What happened? In fact... where is this place?

An empty void surrounds you. Darkness even to Darkness itself. You are nowhere. You are everywhere. You have nothing. Nothing has you. All your pain is gone. All of your suffering, your worries, gone. It's nice. It's awful. It doesn't matter. Nothing matters.

"Hello?" A voice calls out from... well, the 'where' doesn't quite matter. You ARE everywhere after all.

"Can you- any of you hear me? If so, please don't forget what you were fighting for! Don't forget yourself!"

This meddlesome cry wants to tear pieces of you away and return you to your suffering. Why would you want that? As you are now you feel no pain nor do you want for anything. You are complete, if not for such boisterous interruptions, but they too will soon subside. It won't be long before this trespasser becomes another part of the whole. You are almost complete.

Previous thread.
Meta thread.

Existence seemed like such a faint memory to Stranger, or as he remembered last, Bill. What was he? Was he faking it? Was it all real? Was it an experiment? What was going on?

"..."

Fighting ? What there is to fight ? For what purpose ? ... something feels missing .... what ... who ... where ... am i ?

Fighting? Why… why would I be fighting? Shouldn’t I be… shouldn’t I be resting?
Resting? Why… why would I be resting? Since when… when have I ever rested? I never rest… do I?
I? Who… who am I? What is “I”? There never was an “I”… was there? There’s always been… never been… nothing.
Nothing? Why “nothing”? If… if there is “no thing” what is a “thing”?
Is “I” a “thing”? Then… why… why was… is… will there be nothing?
What was… is… will be…missing?

Is it me?

Don't forget myself? I was fighting for something?

I strain with all of my existence to remember.

What did I want so badly that I would fight for it?

[Hey y'all, scott here, coming in to take over on Griffin since Monarch dropped out and I can't stand to see such a beautiful science man go down without fanfare]

No information... How blissful. There can be no falsehoods when there's nothing to lie about, after all... no deaths to prevent, no curiosity to be had...

... No. This... Something is wrong.

And so he reached out into the darkness, towards his own self. The concept that made him, with one thought in mind.

Execute Reboot Code. Something has gone awry.

(jezuz how long ago lmfao)

Seeing the darkness I also see a scenery long ago. Flashes of war go through my mind but...who was i?? What was drowning my existence....ah...

"You cannot forget...because even forgetting...will be your sin. So rise my host. Rise ■■■"

Static and fire burn into my head. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. My name long forgotten, my existence being eaten as well as a person mocking me without end.

"I..."

With all my being...

"I will ■■■, ■■■■■■"

My head splits as my consious starts to strain with words I cannot hear being spoken.

A reason to fight? What was I fighting, and what for?

What am I supposed to remember, what did I forget? Do I have a name to remember, a title maybe?

"Don't let your self be taken! You haven't lost yet! It isn't over!"

That voice from before... it's Kura's! But... who is Kura to you? In any case, this is great (bad?)! All you need to do is wait a little longer and she'll be assimilated! Then everything will be at peace (lost?)!

Stranger, Griffin, and Genesis regain their sense of identity but they feel immense pain as they do. Every part of their being screams at them not to pursue this course of action, to forget themselves and return to nothing. Having remembered themselves, the three can make out their location as well as those around them. They appear to be submerged in an endless sea of Darkness, but they're not alone. Kura is "nearby" but somehow "outside" of the sea. It feels like she's reaching out to you.

"This... was not a possibility I had forseen."

A smirk crosses Griffin's face, in spite of the pain that strikes him for his rebellion.

Of course, perhaps it was obvious enough that his omniscience would not be able to pierce through the true enemy, the supreme darkness, but to have it confirmed as such, he feels invigoration, as his mind rushes with plans to execute once again to combat this situation... But, as he sorts through them, he starts with the simplest, and most likely to work. He raises his voice through the darkness, empowering it with his personal concept to grant the knowledge his friends had lost.

"OUR EXPERIMENT ISN'T OVER YET, FRIENDS! THIS IS A BATTLE, NOT A SLEEPOVER!"

As that was being processed, he mentally secured his powers and defensive measures to deal with whatever attacks come next... They're in enemy territory, and surely they won't take trying to save everyone so lightly.

Need to focus ... need to remember ... need to FIGHT BACK THE DARKNESS !

Nothing becomes something, unity becomes duality, form is imposed.

A flaming will to reject oblivion erupts fiercely !

That's right, a fight never ends until someone taps out, and I know I'd never do that.

I'm a fighter, a champion.

Regaining a bit of himself, he continues to try and pull himself together, to bring his light back

Griffin?

As I hear his voice, memories start coming back to me.

That's right. I fight so that others don't have to. I need to get back into action!

I flare up my concept reinforced aura in an attempt to metaphorically evaporate the sea of darkness around me.

I start to remember who I am but it hurts yet with all my being

"Shut up...shut up shut up! I'm not ■■■! "

Yes I'm no longer that person from long ago. I'm now Genesis, that's all I can ever be

"Hahahaha! As expected of my host now show me your fire and fight to this end. The others are waiting but I wonder if you can handle the meggido."

"Zip it. I'm using you and nothing more you parasite" With the megiddo that has increased in its purity envelops the darkness around me as I burn it to regain the light around me

“Oh, son of a *****!” He said, feeling pissed off. He was slowly remade from himself but felt extremely pissed off. He didn’t want to be here, nor did he want to bother any more. He had been bullied, pushed around, and messed up. When would it end? However, his anger turned into hope, as he reformed, an iron will and lust for ending the fight came through. “Preach about your darkness, act like you’re a big deal. I’ll open up a can on you and pack you in!”

Everyone who tried to resist finds themselves floating to the surface of a mud-like "black ocean" which, once surfaced could be walked on like normal ground. It was here they would be greeted by Kura and their other peers. Though they had emerged from their imprisonment, their surroundings remained an empty black.

You can sense that many of your allies have yet to emerge.

"You made it!" Kura says, relieved, "There are many of you who have yet to arrive, but there's nothing more we can do for them. They have to regain their sense of self of their own volition. With hope, they can join us later, but for now, we must continue to fight. I'm sure some of you might be able to guess where we are?"

Jake creates a barrier around himself, empowered by his concept, which is surrounded by fiery frost-data flames.

"A-Are we inside the Supreme Darkness ?"

The dragon asks.

Last edited:
“I’m not sure here, but all I know is that I’m not sure what to do any more.” He said, feeling something trippy was about to happen.

It's jarring, but at least they're on solid ground for now.

"... I suppose I never was one for pep talks... But, yes, the Supreme Darkness seems like the most reasonable deduction."

Griffin props up his glasses. It looks way less cool than you'd think, but he's rolling with it.

I’m missing… but that’s not it. There should be more…
There is nothing, what else could there be?

I hear faint voices, but can’t make them out.

There should be a man endlessly searching for knowledge.
But there is no knowledge. The search is complete.
There should be a man sleeping away his life.
But when all there is is rest, why would there be sleep?
There should be a lizard acting like a house pet starving for attention.
But there’s no one, no need for the validation of others.
There should be a strange man, fighting with his own mind.
But there’s nothing here, just the peace of mind.
There should be a robot who’s a bit brash, sometimes too much for his own good.
But with no decisions, there is no recklessness.
There should be a calm man who occasionally displays a righteous fury to defend.
But with just the void, there’s nothing to protect.
There should be a cold traveler, who recently started opening up.
But there’s no here or there, nowhere to come from.
There should be a skillful man, who shifts from quiet to uncontrolled outbursts.
But everything’s quiet, everything’s controlled.
There should be a boy who does his best to support his friends, even if he makes terrible mistakes doing so.
But that wasn’t a mistake, it has brought you to peace.
There should be a guide who helped us come together and move forward.
But there is no forward, no backward, just the now.
There should be all of those, and so much more.
But without the world is more calm with nothing.
There should be chaos and chance, that’s what gives us the chance to grow.
But why would you need to grow when you could find your peace?
There should be things that make us happy or bring out our wonder.
But when there is happiness, sadness is just around the corner.
There should be passions that we can dedicate all our time and effort in.
But why force yourself through the suffering and struggle? What could be worth all that?
There should be swords.
But tools of violence are unnecessary in a worldof tranquility.
There should be swords.
฿ut they’v̷e a̸lwa̷ys put man thro̸ugh s̷ufferin̶g strug̶g̶le, pai̶n.
There should be swords.
A̶re t̷he̷y so̷ nec̶essary? ₩hy d̷o you̷ ca̸re s̸o m̶u̷ch?
There should be swords.
₱ メɆ メメɆ
メ Ⱡ メ ₴メ
メ ₳

There should be swords.
- メ - ₱
- ₮メ
- メ Ø

I try to force my self, my mind, back to reality.
I break into the black ocean a bit after the others.

“Sorry, am I late?”

“Speaking of just on time, I think I need to say something now that we’re here...” He said, feeling scared.

“Alright, I’ll say it.” Before he could say it, a white portal appeared, but he stopped it. “Wait for a second, Jimmy.” He then cleared his throat, as he felt kind of sad. “I can’t do this any longer. I’ve been doing nothing but mentally degrading for the last...” He then looked at the calendar, doing math. “4 years or so. I don’t think I can handle much abuse any longer, especially with this. I’m sorry but... I‘m leaving. Call me lazy all you want, but this isn’t even for me, it’s for a guy who’s higher than I am.” He felt like crying, but decided to hide it.

"I... Well that's a complication."

To just force them into this conflict regardless would be ill advised... They already nearly feel at their full willpower. If the stranger felt too broken to fight, he probably can't continue even if he really wished it.

He then saw the portal widen open, feeling it was time for him to leave, for his own higher power had decided he deserved a rest. “If anyone needs to say anything, make it quick and simple.“

So he has to go? It doesn’t look like he has a choice.
“It’s been a pleasure, Stranger. I hope things work out wherever you end up.”

“Might as well just leave.” He then walked through the portal. “Later, folks. The show was fun.” He then jumped into the white portal, not sure what had awaited him. He knew, however, that it was safe.

As I see the others also arrive I felt my senses come back

"Gah I don't need another mental hellscape"

There are still many more that havent arrived but they have to fight on their own.

"So what now? Do we start the fireworks?" I asked the others

Bye Stranger

"Probably a good idea."

Jake replies to Genesis, himself also struggling to keep his individuality, but not showing.

"That's right," Kura said. "We're inside of the Supreme Darkness. Though we were able to win our recent skirmish, the enemy quickly snatched everything that was left while we were preoccupied. Likely due to efforts led by Chaos. We're all that's left... aside from what little my master was able to save."

"So we are the last line of defence ... though, what's the thing your master menage to save ? is it something that could help us turn the tide ?"

"It seems he was able to protect those among us who weren't able to protect themselves from the Darkness, though..." Kura looks a bit concerned. She seemed hesitant to reveal what was bothering her, but she shook her head. Now wasn't the time to be hesitant.

"Under normal circumstances, a single fragment of my master would have trouble fighting off the entirety of the Supreme Darkness- if the being focused its efforts that is. I don't know how he's holding it back, but we should hurry and regroup. Can you all sense his location?"

If you focus, you can indeed find a "hole" elsewhere in the Darkness. The last of the Emissary, (appearing in the body of a child), surrounded by others. [Basically every NPC from before. If you can't remember any of them they aren't worth mentioning.]

“I think… Yeah, I can feel him… ”
There’s so little left… we have to do everything we can.
I start heading towards the hole, reinforcing my legs with my concept to move through the mud of darkness.

"I can sense his presence too, there's no time to waste."
It's the best chance they have.

Using his concept-empowered flames, Jake begins tearing his way through the darkness and to the hole.

"Armegeddon all over again huh...what's next? Angels are gonna kick our asses? Anyway let's see"

Sensing that "hole" I felt the emissary's being incomplete as hell. Then Nacht had to comment on my gut feeling

"I can feel it getting close. How nostalgic host. Prepare yourself and purge this fraud. Let them know the worthlessness of their existence"

I walk towards it with Nacht's fire surrounding me...is it just me or am I felt more connected to whatever Nacht is. I shake my thoughts as I draw to that "hole" and move towards the destination with the others

"May very well be underestimating us... Well, we could use some leverage for our second wind, considering the circumstances!"

Upon pinpointing the child, Griffin swiftly creates a wormhole to arrive at their location.

When you all make it to the bubble, The Emissary greets you.

"You finally made it... that's good," he says, wearily.

"As much as I'd like to catch up, I'll cut to the chase. Everything I've ever fought for, my entire purpose for existing has led up to this moment. It all gets decided here. No matter how this ends, it is The End for me... But it doesn't have to be for the rest of you. If you want to save this reality, restoring creation to its proper state, take my power. Find Chaos, defeat him and claim the rest of me from his grasp. With that, you should be able to match the Supreme Darkness on your own..." He pauses.

"There are, of course, other options available to you. I've resigned myself to accept whatever choice you all decide to make, as part of my arrangement with the ferret."

As if on cue, Alpha manifests on the Emissary's shoulder. If you want to make it to Chaos, or anything else for that matter, Alpha will bring you there. Now also seems like a good time to ask any important questions you might have.

"But if no matter what it will bring your end, and we are shards of you, wouldn't that mean it will be the end of us as swell ?"

Jake asks the Emissary, as they are pieces of him pretty much.

Back