• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars, Part 3

"Sit upon the frozen heavens, Hyorinmaru." I release my Shikai and clouds begin to gather in the area causing snow. I run at the humanoid monsters, cutting up them up before freezing the pieces so they don't regenerate.

Those near the survivors notice a large group of about 20-30 people. Families with children are among them. They cower in fear but seem relieved to have gotten some help. Among them is one huntsman who is gravely injured. He's already lost consciousness and doesn't have much time left.

"Silas! Be more careful, do you want these people to freeze to death?" I yell at the guy who just created a snow storm in the middle of a group of refugees.

"So, uhh, what can I do? I think everything even remotely resembleing a threat has been killed then had their dead bodies mutilated by Jackson."

I see the unconcious huntsman.

"Uhh, was anybody a doctor in their past life by any chance? Or at least had CPR training or something? I don't know what to do here, both of my past lives were killer robots!"

I convert some Magoi into a stream of water, which I pour into a large stone jar which I also made from Magoi. I hand it round.

I go over to the injured huntsman, and use my new spell to lock down his space-time. He won't die before we get a better look at him now at least.

Jackson begins to hold his head all his past memories causing him a headach he walks over to stump a sits.

Having cooled off Jacksons asks "Hey is there anything I could help with, it may take my mind off that' Jackson says gesturing towards the demons.

I think "Uhh, I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks..."

"By the way, did any children see that? If they did, needless to say, try to forget it and never think about... that."

[Heading off for a bit. If someone comes up with a solution I'll undo the spell and let the heal the guy. Otherwise I suck them all into Kamui (away from the other nasties I sucked in) until we get somewhere safe]

I notice more and more hostiles begin to dissapear around us

Even if they have the numbers, they still severely lack in capability when it comes to our group. I don't think one of us has sustained any real injury. I still make it a point to remain as uninvolved as possible.

I see Jackson resting against a nearby stump not too far away. As he's just recovered from whatever pain he was previously in, I notice one of the huntsmen clearly corrupted by the shadow carrying a broadsword stealthily approaching him, somehow avoiding our initial onslaught. He picks up his pace, still remaining largely unnoticed. I have to intervene.

**** me, he's out of range of Killer Queen. I take into sprint, trying to warn him before the huntsmen can do anything, shouting "HEY! HEY YOU! GET DOWN!", though it sounds a lot less coherent than what I expect it to be.

"Hmm" Jackson turns to look at the shopkeeper whats he doing Jackson thinks to himself ignoring the danger warnings from his haki.

Suddenly, the Huntsman is knocked out on the ground.

"Remember when you were saying all of us were going to be unessasary? That was funny, wasn't it?"

The Smashor said:
"Alright. You guys are locals, right? Does anybody know where I can get medical supplies and food and such?"
[Roll charisma]

The ones calmed down enough to respond shake their heads. An old man speaks up.

"Any- any town or city nearby.... is already in ruins. We were headed to a refugee camp up North... they probably have something there-"

The man starts coughing profusely.

[Tfw I'm wondering if any of you have healing only to remember my guy has some really impressive stuff himself.]

Realm tells Griffin he can heal the injured huntsman.

Diaraha

The huntsman's injuries fade away, as his health restores to full. He's still unconcious, but his life is saved.

I look at the old man.

"Well, thanks."

I look back at Manuelo.

"I'll get back to you later."

I walk to the man.

"Do you know if any of this universe's major heroes are still alive and uncorrupted?"

I finally catch up to them, angry at Jackson for not noticing. "******* idiot." I murmer.

My attention is drawn to the old man, I caught the tail-end of the gist of things. "There's a camp up north? Of what purpose is it to us though? I'm sorry if I offend, but we're looking for the thing responsible for this madness. If we don't find the root of the problem, more than just your world will be destroyed." I say, breaking down what hope he might have from virtue of being realistic.

I turn to Manuelo.

"Come on! They said they were heading there! We should help them! We're heroes last I checked! If we don't help them to the refugee camp, we'd just be leaving them to die!"

I pause, and turn around in shock. "Heroes? We're the heroes? Last I checked we were pooled together mercenaries trying to defeat the 'Supreme Darkness.' There's nothing heroic about us, we were given a job, if the village serves no purpose to us then we cannot waste time dealing with it." I rant.

I turn to the shopkeeper "Yes but this village could serve as base of opperations while were here" Jackson says while making sure hes at least 3 meters away.

"I get the feeling you all aren't from around here... I'm sorry. We don't know much ourselves."

A woman speaks up from among the crowd.

"A few weeks ago, everything was normal. Then suddenly, the grimm started behaving strangely. Well, moreso than usual. It wasn't long before whatever was affecting them started affecting people too. Those who we thought were protecting us, started murdering us in cold blood! Then, to make it all worse, strange creatures nobody had ever seen before started appearing and killing whatever was left. You speak of heroes, but anything even resembling that title left this world long ago. All that's left, are survivors."

"I think fighting supreme darkness makes you a hero by default. If you have a problem with that, then, well..."

I begin charging a green ball of energy in my hand, where my eyes would be glowing red-orange.

"Then I'll take out a little pent-up frustration. You've been dissing us since the beginning, saying we're useless, unessasary, robots don't hold grudges. Unfortunatly for you, I'm a robot only in soul, not in body or mind!"

I frown at the simpleton trying to challenge me. "Griffon was it? You keep the peace, no? Take care of this piece of shit for me before I decide that he's a threat." I scoff condescendingly at the challenger.

I Kamui away the ball of energy in The's hand.

"Let's not fight amongst ourselves when there's a group of peasants to save shall we?"

I turn to them.

"Where is the refugee camp, how far away, what direction"

"No! He must be put in his place! Everyone, take the villagers to the northern camp."

I turn back to Manuelo.

"You don't need to be corrupted to be evil. This team dosn't have room for people who only think of themselves. Manuelo, we are fighting the supreme darkness. That implies that we are the supreme light! We are the only hope left for existance as we know it!"

Monarch Laciel said:
I Kamui away the ball of energy in The's hand.
"Let's not fight amongst ourselves when there's a group of peasants to save shall we?"

I turn to them.

"Where is the refugee camp, how far away, what direction"
The old mean speaks up.

"It's supposedly somewhere on the Northern coast of the continent. This huntsman was the one leading us there, but only he knows the exact location."

Edit: He then gets cut off by The's exclamation.

"Ok, both of you, time out"

I glare at both of them.

And they get sucked into Kamui. Different parts of it. Away from the monsters that I sucked in.

Back