• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu's Planet bust was recalculated

Reimu gets muuuch stronger after the first game tho. Previously she couldn't hurt demons without the Yin-Yang orb, but now she just spams the Amulets and it works as good as the Yin-Yang orb.

Well that's without scaling, I just kind went like "oh she blew up some part of the city, iz mcb naow".

You want an argument for scaling Mima? Sure, you can't scale the durability off of Shinki's attacks, but you can scale Mima's attack potency to the absolute minimum level that can actually damage a being such as Shinki. She did destroy her wings. Although, I fully admit that there isn't much to go off of there either.

I mean, I do agree scaling Mima to Reimu and Shinki, the profile was just created without scaling.

You're missing the point. If Shinki is durable enough, no sane number of hits is reasonably going to do the job unless it's of a certain AP.

Yeah but her normal shots should be on par with her yin yang naow. Also the feat was most probably just a bomb

Yamatohime said:
Ying Yang orbs are powerful items left by Dragon God himself, as far as I remember.
I don't know about PC98 explanation, if there is any. But IT(there is only one) is a Go-shintai, containing the spirit a god inside of it.

There is no Dragon God in PC-98, and as I said, that attack was just a bomb, and Mima tanks it.

I would be hesitant on scaling Mima to Reimu and immediately calling her multi solar system level. However even without scaling off of that, Mima should be at least a little bit behnind Reimu on tier. After all if she constantly fights her, it would make sense that Reimu used enough power against her. Not enough to kill her it seems, but still an impressive amount. Basic attacks or not the accumulated damage is enough to defeat or at least make Shinki surrender and break her wings. We can argue that those are only a fraction of Shinki's power but that's still an impressive amount even if we say Shinki isn't Tier 2 and only Tier 4.

And there is no Cirno in PC-98, but is Mima really... weaker than Cirno?

Also been curious why is the bad ending feat non-canon? It shows a display of a potential feat, something she can do. Sure it's not how things are supposed to go but it shows that can happen. Or is that the exact same reason why it can't be called canon? Just curious.

The difference in strength in the higher tiers like MSS is asburdly high, it would makes no sense to say that Mima is so weaker than Reimu.

@COB IIRC It is only non-canon because PC-98, screw PC-98.

I don't particularly see much reason why Mima wouldn't be at a minimum of somewhere around 4C. And that's assuming a 4B Shinki. That level of power should be just enough to damage a solar system level being with sustained barages of damage, I would imagine. Normally, I would agree about the holding back argument, but Shinki was visibly damaged by the encounter.

Mima will haunt you if you keep insulting PC-98 :p in all seriousness I always thought it was more of an alternate canon seeing as the characters do reference PC-98 events like Alice remembering Reimu and Marisa in the PCB game

And kinda agreeing on Drac here. Cause I reaaaally don't think Mima is lower than Cirno, even if she did canonically won against a Marisa

Well I mean, we cannot really directly scales Mima from Cirno, but she can easily be scaled from other sources.

Drac32Drac said:
Normally, I would agree about the holding back argument, but Shinki was visibly damaged by the encounter.
She probably was more damaged by her own wings. After all they managed to inflict massive damage to Makai.

Well even with all that, it is a possibilty that Shink is a Glass Canon.

...Why are we talking about this tho? This thread is about Reimu being SS now and Mimia taking attacks from Reimu (Including her bombs)

Well, Shinki is probably less combat able than her own creations. That's why those crazy wings.

Actually no bombs since it automatic failure for pro players.

Where are you getting this..? We have no proof of Shinki being less skilled in battle or something. And why the focus on her wings? The protag survived Shinki's attacks (Even if they "die" when they get hit, they still survives in the bad endings)

She can still takes her bombs tho, even if it result in bad ending.

I, uh, don't see why. Even ZUN himself said that Reimu and Co had to try a lot of time to get the endings done, so they do get some game over.

Not all games though. IN are not about try again next time. But you can retry actually without real dillema if you fast enough.

Calc wise nothing suprising. Blowing up planet + moon = planet level, blowing up planet + sun = solar system level. Makes sense.

Now what should be discussed is if we take moon or star interpretation.

Given that we don't really know I would think planet level is the safe bet.

About scaling: Wasn't that caused by the ying yang orb blowing up? In that case I would be reluctant using it for scaling, given that Reimu doesn't have all too much of those lying around...

Well I think Planet to SS would be good, since both are valid.

Also, wasn't this a bomb? I know we never say anything about what the heck happened there, but it looks like to be the power build up and then release that the lore talked about, which seems to be what bombs are in game.

A bomb? That is an interesting theory, but I wouldn't count on it.

We should also not forget that the true power of the orb is clearly to turn Reimu into a cat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, planet level possibly solar system level sounds ok.

Back