• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulus Corneas (Re:Zero) vs Hit (Dragon Ball Super)

Durability: Unknow (His authority makes interfering with him difficult as his body is cut off from the flow of time)

i assume that would make things a bit difficult,

^ Hit would have to kill his all 50 of Regulus's wives to be able to officially one-shot. That is, if he is able to figure out Regulus's authority

He can also cut objects off from time. So, let's say he throws a rock and cuts it off from the flow of time. It will not accelerate nor deccelerate in speed due to it not being acted upon by friction. So, when it gets to its target or interacts with another object it will act as if it were going through air instead of the object itself, in this case Hit. Essentially, ignoring durability. That's my best explanation of it.

her profile here is shadowcat. although double checking it i dont think its quite the same, but bottom line: they both phase stuff and they both bypass durability.

I don't believe it would apply in this case only because anybody else with Time Manipulation or Time Manipulation that interferes with his Authority would absolutely crush Regulus. Without his authority he is only a mere human.

Unless Hit's Time Manipulation has something to do with him being able to interact with Regulus despite him being cut off from time, I don't believe so. Hit's time skip is basically the same as stopping time, correct? Time-Skip: Hit's signature technique, which allows him to skip time for a fraction of a second, moving freely while others cannot act at all, allowing him to easily strike them down without giving them a chance to retaliate, though he can choose to leave those he isn't targeting unaffected. While this is explicitly skipping time and not quite stopping it, it is functionally the same thing. Originally, the amount of time Hit could skip was only a tenth of a second, still enough for him to line up lethal strikes to an opponent's vital points. However, during his battle with Goku, Hit rapidly improved, increasing its duration to half a second, and eventually even longer. I don't think stopping time would make him be able to interact with Regulus who is cut off from the flow of time itself, or am I missing something?

This is a terrible match, it's gonna be a stomp either way.

Regulus is cut off from the flow of time thus he basically isn't affect by anything, and whatever he touches or even his breath has the same effect, thus basically physics doesn't act on whatever he does his attacks ignore anything in the path of his attacks and will continue going in that direction unless he removes the effect.

To fight Regulus you need some sort of time piercing ability to pierce through time or something.

Really? I believed that Regulus's personality would interfere with him just immediately trying to kill Hit. If Hit is able to figure out Regulus's authority and kill his 50 wives, he wins. If he isn't able to, Regulus wins... I feel like this is more concerning Hit's intelligence rather than his ability to pierce through Regulus's authority.

I guess, but unless Hit nukes the area thus unknowingly killing his wives Regulus isn't gonna blabber about the weakness of his ability.

Only reason anyone found out is due to Subaru's knowledge of astronomy.

Regulus will blabber on about his rights, but as soon as Hit does anything to infringe on his rights which he very much will be trying to fight him, Regulus will wave his hand cutting through space with an invisible attack that ignores durability.

Only way Hit wins if he instantly nukes the area.

I guess to make the match a bit more fair then we'd have to say that Hit was specifically assigned to kill all of Regulus's 50 wives? How will that change the pace of this battle then? Sorry, I've been trying to figure out what would be a good and fair match between Regulus and "Anybody." Hit is the closest I've gotten to that, but maybe I haven't thought about it hard enough.

i hate to be that guy, but cant hit just destroy the planet? (unlikely he will, but he can, it is an option.)

Assuming he is able to survive long enough and if he is willing to resort to that, you may be right. Regulus authority may allow him to easily kill Hit, but I believe Hit even if speed is equalized would be able to dodge some of Regulus's attacks. Regulus has very little combat experience and Hit has tons and has his race trait which allows him to adapt. Hit's reflexes and time skip would allow him to survive for quite a while. Besides, Hit isn't one to underestimate his opponents.

now question, what about the Time Dimension? Could Regulus touch Hit if he continually goes back and forth from there?

If it's spatial intangibility then I don't believe Regulus can hit him even with his authority. How many times can Hit utilize that ability?

AYEstein said:
If it's spatial intangibility then I don't believe Regulus can hit him even with his authority. How many times can Hit utilize that ability?
Here's what we have on our page:

Tides of Time: Hit stores all the time he's skipped throughout his lifespan in a pocket dimension, which he can phase into to render himself intangible, even as he remains visible in the physical world.

There's no telling how many times or how long he can do it for but if he can do that to prevent himself from getting affected then I vote Incon as neither would be able to hit each other.

So, that's 1 for Incon. I feel if that's the case though it might turn the tide in Hit's favor. Because eventually, he will either figure Regulus's authority out and kill his wives or kill them due to collateral... On the other hand may i suggest the possibility of Regulus being able to move within Hit's stopped time because he himself is cut off from the flow of time. Stopping it won't affect somebody who's cut off from it, right?

Likely true, when Reinhard threw him into his own attack it had no effect on him. That's because Regulus and his attack have their time stopped at different points and thus can't interact.

He's an Assassin. Information is one of an Assassin's most important weapons in addition to actual weaponry; withdrawing for a little to gain info from any of his dealers would suffice or heck just trial and error until he gets it. It's not like he spams his Dimension ability right? ;P

The only one who knows how Regulus ability works is Regulus and he won't tell ppl it's weakness, even when Subaru pointed it out, he denied it.

And his wives don't know that if they die, Regulus will be weakened.

So really there is no info to gather. The only reason anyone found about his ability is cause Subaru had knowledge of Earth's astronomy combined with past experience with other archbishops.

Hits only win condition here would be to blow up the planet, but idk if that's IC.

Since they're both in character it depends on Hit's personality, at least from what I've seen, I don't believe he is the type to Frieza somebody if ya know what I mean. Regulus would also have a very hard time trying to deal with Hit due to the Tides of Time. Unless we are to believe that Hit would eventually resort to that sort of thing, then I think this would mean IC. Regulus isn't the most intelligent individual, so he probably would get more agitated as the battle goes on and on, meaning he wouldn't really be thinking about how to counter Hit's ability. Hit on the other hand might realize that there's a trick behind it, but since he has no idea what it is, it's sort of unlikely that he'd risk blowing up a planet? Although, Hit is an assassin, but he seems to have his own sense of morals besides we haven't really seen him blow up a planet yet, have we?

Even if I already made my vote, I still think Hit still has one more move in his aresenal of time related moves, the time bind, remember, as long as Hit has landed a single blow on the opponent, he can trap them in place inside of a time bind made of his skipped time, it shifts back and fourth making time powers slightly irrelevant against it. If he isn't strong enough to break out like Jiren was, Hit could then simply finish the job by delivering a fatal blow to the heart like he did with SSJB Goku. Either way that is a fact unless he can somehow counter, then I keep my vote for inconclusive. Just also note I can explain what it really is... Remember when Hit became intangible? When Goku couldn't hit him? First off his attack isn't time stop. He is only skipping it and he can use the time he skipped to become intangible or invisible which means Hit can use the 0.5 sec he skipped to become intangible or invisible and not stop time. This explains why Goku was able to predict his movement in the U6 tournament in only base form because Goku can still move in the time skip which means nobody is frozen in his time skip, Hit only appears invisible to them because he hopped to another dimension and it appeared to others like he froze time which he didn't.

If his time bind allows him to interact with Regulis who is cut off from the flow of time then Hit OS. Which is why I'm mainly unsure, I understand that time powers are slightly irrelevant against it, but if Regulus is cut off from the flow of time wouldn't that include Hit's skipped time as well? Furthermore, I must address something that may have gone unnoticed. Like stated before, Regulus can cut off objects from the flow of time this includes air, and even his breath. Which makes it an invisible attack. Meaning, would Hit have the precog to dodge it? Does KI allow somebody to sense an attack or intent? If not, there's a very likely case that Hit would be caught unaware. Especially, since Regulus can do it with his breath making it difficult to perceive an attack from him. Regulus may be very upfront about his hostility but he doesn't openly announce his attacks.

Back