• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regular human vs honey badger

This has been on my mind for a while, could a regular average human with zero weapons defeat a honey badger. Fight takes place in a empty field with no rocks or trees.

A289C593-048B-44D8-A9DA-0CC4CA9271D0
Hi, I'm Bob.

442778A3-9DD0-4725-9442-65B8308890C5
Honey badgers don't give a shit

• Average joe: 7
  • Badger 4

So here's the thing.

The only way Honey Badger wins is by biting the human's neck or by dealing enough damage for him to bleed out.

Now Mr Average guy can casually do this:

HumanVsSmallAnimal
I'm not gonna say the Honey Badger dies right away, but... A honey badger weighs like 35 lb at most. I just imagine this to be a terrible stomp the moment the human grabs the damn thing. Also I image this kind of shit:

HumanThrowsSmallAnimal
HumanCooksSmallAnimal

I hate to say this because I condemn animal cruelty but Average Joe FRA. Using CH just makes this a barbaric stomp

KLOL506 said:
I hate to say this because I condemn animal cruelty but Average Joe FRA. Using CH just makes this a barbaric stomp
Read the top; this is an average human (fun and games board)

The average american joe today freaks out and gets mauled, infected and dies. Posting anime and loki gifs is pretty cringe by the way, considering a lot of modern males can't even throw 30lbs (or lift it)

Moment the average guy gets his hands close to it, it'd probably slit his wrists. Honey badges are probably just as durable as the average western male nowadays lol. Honey badger actually takes this and fairly easily

GreyFang82 said:
So here's the thing.

The only way Honey Badger wins is by biting the human's neck or by dealing enough damage for him to bleed out.

Now Mr Average guy can casually do this:
This is the average western guy. 30 year old skinnyfat dude with no fighting training or muscles whatsoever that can't scare a cat away. Most humans nowadays are pathetic to the definition of the word dude.

Actually it's probably a guy from China or India because that would be the average person on earth, but I don't think that changes anything.

The western world has a higher population than China/India combined, just by a small margin. At least that's what I remember. Indians are on average much shorter/smaller though, so are Chinese just to a lesser extent. The image seems to show an average western guy.

I chose that image because it was literally called mister average, also doesn't China and India make up 2 of the 7.5 billion people on earth, I would assume that's the average person but I guess not.

That 'mr average' doesn't match the majority of India/China's population at all. There's also the rest of the nearly 8 billion people of earth. Africa is going to be higher in population than China or India in a few years btw

Ok I just Edit the op to say this is a western person because earths population is in a pretty weird spot right now and I really don't want to find another picture.

India 164.7 cm (5 ft 5 in) 151.9 cm (5 ft 0 in) 1.08 20―49 (N= m:69,245 f:118,796) 69.8% Measured 2005―2006 [76]

China ― Rural 166.3 cm (5 ft 5 1Ôüä2 in) 157.0 cm (5 ft 2 in) 1.06 17 N/A Measured 2002

Keeweed said:
Ok I just Edit the op to say this is a western person because earths population is in a pretty weird spot right now and I really don't want to find another picture.
Yeah that's fine. Still Honey Badger probably takes it after some minutes of mauling

"The average american joe today freaks out and gets mauled, infected and dies."

But in the versus wiki both "characters" are willing to kill, and unless there's a study that the vast majority of everyone runs like a wuss, this is non factor.

"Posting anime and loki gifs is pretty cringe by the way"

Ok, so you're roasting me for exaggerating something, on the Fun and Games Board?

"considering a lot of modern males can't even throw 30lbs (or lift it)"

You got a source for that? You just kinda pulled that out of your butt. According the the wiki, the average person can pick up the dang thing no problem.

Throwing off the Avg. Joe as inexperienced in combat might be misleading as well. Everyone has had a fistfight they've won or lost.

I wouldn't do it to a badger either.

I live in Bangladesh, a pretty f'd-up place to live.

IKR

If you've read the news, Bangladesh is one of the most f**ked-up countries you can ever possibly go to, and being from this country saddens me. It's rife with political issues, people killing each other with molotovs, and of course, horrific traffic accidents (it caused quite a stir on the internet this year), and if you try reporting crimes, the next place you end up is usually either in jail or with a bullet in yer head, but most of the times, the crimes go unsolved thanks to bribery. Same goes for making memes about our corrupted politicians.

Sad little story for a poor man like me.

An "average man" is a 30-40 year old in China.

Yes, he still beats the badger. The badger may get a good bite in, but without stopping power the badger can't win. To deal damage the badger must get close, and that lets the man grab it, slam it to the ground (probably dealing huge damage thanks to the weight difference), and either choke it out or stomp on it, either one of which will kill it.

The only chance the badger has if the human just becomes too scared and lets himself get totally mauled. There are very few non-venomous animals that can bridge a nearly 4x weight difference against a human.

Assaltwaffle said:
An "average man" is a 30-40 year old in China.
Yes, he still beats the badger. The badger may get a good bite in, but without stopping power the badger can't win. To deal damage the badger must get close, and that lets the man grab it, slam it to the ground (probably dealing huge damage thanks to the weight difference), and either choke it out or stomp on it, either one of which will kill it.

The only chance the badger has if the human just becomes too scared and lets himself get totally mauled. There are very few non-venomous animals that can bridge a nearly 4x weight difference against a human.
The Ratel is know to be one of them, and he's gonna have to ignore a lot of pain to legitimately choke out the badger.

It has long sharp badger claws made to cut deep, sharp teeth for.... something else badgers do, stretchy/baggy skin on the back of their necks and bodies to keep from being grabbed and held by the jaws and claws of predators, etc.

Not the first time the Avg. Joe has dealt with this. Old people have killed bears with pocket knives and lions with spears before. One man even killed a jaguar by ripping out its tongue while having his hand being in the jaguar's jaws, completely ignoring the pain even.

The stretchy skin is so that the claws and jaws don't puncture skin. The human isn't trying to break skin, they are trying to choking it out so that point is moot.

If you grab a creature by it's neck and it is not a snake they cant reverse triple spin themselves and bite you.

KLOL506 said:
Not the first time the Avg. Joe has dealt with this. Old people have killed bears with pocket knives and lions with spears before. One man even killed a jaguar by ripping out its tongue while having his hand being in the jaguar's jaws, completely ignoring the pain even.
Average joe? In an empty field with no weapons wouldn't be a bloodbath, more of a blood drizzle. he could win, but it all depends on who he is.

BTW can you send me that story, sounds interesting OwO

The leopard was already defeated and dying, it was later hacked to death to end its suffering.

So all in all, it really depends on whether the Avg. Joe has done his research right and has watched enough movies to enhance his combat experience.

Adrenaline is a crazy thing. Even a normal human can resist s lot of pain when in a threatening situation. Also the man doesn't need to watch movies or know martial arts to know "grab and crush". That offensive method doesn't require you to study or learn.

Assaltwaffle said:
Adrenaline is a crazy thing. Even a normal human can resist s lot of pain when in a threatening situation. Also the man doesn't need to watch movies or know martial arts to know "grab and crush". That offensive method doesn't require you to study or learn.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Assaltwaffle said:
Not really. Have you ever been in an adrenaline rush? It just makes you freaked out, while the HB is mauling him.

KLOL506 said:
IKR

If you've read the news, Bangladesh is one of the most f**ked-up countries you can ever possibly go to, and being from this country saddens me. It's rife with political issues, people killing each other with molotovs, and of course, horrific traffic accidents (it caused quite a stir on the internet this year), and if you try reporting crimes, the next place you end up is usually either in jail or with a bullet in yer head, but most of the times, the crimes go unsolved thanks to bribery. Same goes for making memes about our corrupted politicians.

Sad little story for a poor man like me.
I am from South Africa, a country filled with poverty and a gargantuan murder rate outshining all of Asia and most of the Americas while also being a country where people live off a couple hundred dollars a year. It is not a contest. I have seen honey badgers irl and they're awful to deal with in any way - no wonder a westerner doesn't know anything about them lol

Back