• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn Page Missing Type Clarification on Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I agree with low godly but i dont agree with the Yama cant erace him logic. If yama was to release his bankai im pretty sure aizen wouldnt be the only one that would be getting eraced since Yama doesnt like to use it since it effects everything around

IN other words i believe they didnt want him to use his bankai

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Dragon, referring to us as an army of aggressive stoners isn't helping the situation. You yourself tend to start issues in Bleach threads but baiting the fans.
I rarely talk on Bleach threads tho....>.>

@Knight, I'm unfollowing this thread and going to avoid Bleach threads as well, but still, the excessive profanity and insults are not tolerable. We can all agree to disagree, that is fine by me. But please, no hostile behavior. Period.

Lmfao i think Dragon calling you guys agressive stoners is probably the funniest comment ive ever seen on VSBW lmao we need emojis so i can express my feelings

Onracol said:
so were scrapping the upgrade all together? That doesn't seem right.

No, the upgrades will still go through. If Matt disagrees he can attempt to debunk it later. But for now the majority seem to be on board with the upgrades.

So for now, until Matt gathers debunking evidence, we agreed on Mid-Godly since Aizen got erased, correct?

What should the justification of the regen be? "Regenerated from being erased by Yama" sounds pretty barebones. Any more detail that can be added?

"Regenerated after having his Soul destroyed by Ichigo, the Soul Society couldn't kill him despite having various methods to do so." should work.

I would just like to point out that the 5 scans posted here on this thread do not debunk me in the slightest. They just say the Shinigami are souls.

Which doesn't change the fact that souls and the afterlife appear to work in Bleach like they work in Norse Mythology more than Christianity. The Afterlife is more a continuation of the type of life that occurs in the Living World, rather than something completely differently.

Don't bring religion into this. And yes you've literally been getting debunked left and right, Shinigami and Hollows are Souls. Unless if want 5-B to come back since saying Bleach souls aren't souls go's against the entire point of The Soul King maintaining the Balance of Souls.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also looking at the evidence provided in the previous thread, I only see half of Aizen being disintegrated, not all of him.

He's all gone look at the scan again. Half his body gets destroyed as soon as it hits him, the Mugetsu later on engulfs him and disappears. Again you clearly haven't read Bleach so take the advice everyone is telling you.

I'm not bringing up Religion, I'm bringing up cosmologies where souls and the afterlife work very differently.

You don't fight and get drunk in the Christian Afterlife. In the Norse Afterlife, you do, and said Afterlife is a place you can just go towards, too.

And again you are missing my point. They are souls. Said souls don't work like they do in the vast majority of understandings of souls. Souls don't bleed, sweat, have DNA, or age in any other work of fiction that I know of.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Knight

This isn't off-topic religion, it is the interpretation of metaphysicality as a whole as commonly represented by those two mentioned religions.

That's the thing. There is no religion we can apply to this case in order to understand it better. It makes little to no sense and is extremely controversial.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also looking at the evidence provided in the previous thread, I only see half of Aizen being disintegrated, not all of him.
Please read the chapter. Chapter 421 shows that both halves were removed.

Aizen-BothHalves

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm not bringing up Religion, I'm bringing up cosmologies where souls and the afterlife work very differently.

You don't fight and get drunk in the Christian Afterlife. In the Norse Afterlife, you do, and said Afterlife is a place you can just go towards, too.

And again you are missing my point. They are souls. Said souls don't work like they do in the vast majority of understandings of souls. Souls don't bleed, sweat, have DNA, or age in any other work of fiction that I know of. </div

Also, as more evidence. Literal boars are a thing that exist in Soul Society. And these don't appear to be any different than normal animals we have in the real world.

Also souls can be be seen raising crops in Rukongai, and we've seen characters from Soul Society eating and drinking. Activities that further suggest souls being biological and physical in their own way in Bleach.0

@Knight

"That's the thing. There is no religion we can apply to this case in order to understand it better. It makes little to no sense and is extremely controversial."

Hence why I'm working with analogies. And in that case, yes there is. There are mythologies where the Afterlife is simply a continuation of the already existing life. The Egyptian Afterlife is one such example. Farmers literally keep farming crops in the afterlife, except they now do so on the Fields of Osiris.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, as more evidence. Literal boars are a thing that exist in Soul Society. And these don't appear to be any different than normal animals we have in the real world.

Also souls can be be seen raising crops in Rukongai, and we've seen characters from Soul Society eating and drinking. Activities that further suggest souls being biological and physical in their own way in Bleach.0

1: This point literally has nothing to do with the case at hand. An animal living in the Soul Society doesn't debunk them being souls.

2: Read above. This in no way disproves them being souls. At this point your just grasping on irrelevant things to try to stop yourself looking like you don't know anything. It's doing the opposite

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Knight

"That's the thing. There is no religion we can apply to this case in order to understand it better. It makes little to no sense and is extremely controversial."

Hence why I'm working with analogies. And in that case, yes there is. There are mythologies where the Afterlife is simply a continuation of the already existing life. The Egyptian Afterlife is one such example. Farmers literally keep farming crops in the afterlife, except they now do so on the Fields of Osiris.

Said religions don't pertain to bleach. Souls work differently from religion to religion. Your point is rendered moot. Again this is you grasping as a last resort. Really take the advice Dragon gave you instead of running your reputation on being "knowledgeable" about Bleach

@Frantzy12

Is he tho?

First page shows half of Aizen disintegrating. Second scan doesn't show Aizen at all, but also doesn't show the attack from such a close perspective either.

In either case, I noticed something very interesting:

Yes, Aizen is visibly disintegrating. But that by itself is at best cellular-level destruction. We need further proof, such as statements, that he is being destroyed on the Reishi equivalent of atomic or sub-atomic destruction.

Monarch Laciel said:
Isn't Aizen entirely a spiritual being? Made of spiritual particles only anyway?

Yes. That's the point we're driving into Matthew's head but he refuses or understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back