• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the SCP Canon

The COtBG are an integral part of the verse as a whole and its been shown that they exist in alternate universes

Yal isnt part of the COtBG btw

Yal has also made appearances in stuff that isnt linked in the Sarkiscm hub

So, you're confusing me. Are you for or against the proposed rules? It seems you're both arguing with the rules in mind.

The Church of the Broken God and the Sarkics are both parts of the same storyline. The literal writer said so.

@Dargoo

I'm against your heavily restrictive suggestions, but I'm also against letting everything pass through and ignoring the elephant in the room.

@Kep Yeah, and theyre part of the 'prime' universe as its described

But they exist in other universes and both Mekhane and Yal have demonstrated influence on alternate universes

You initially supported my suggestions, is there anything you'd have in mind that I should update?

You do realize that both the CoBG and the Sarkics are still one narrative? The entire storyline is based off Yaldabaoth and Mekhane creating mankind and worrying about mankind drifting away from what they gave them. They then battled and endangered the multiverse. It's, by default, utterly impossible for these storylines to take place in different narratives.

This has been discussed before.

Its not though, Djoric has multiple stories with Mekhane and Yaldabaoth included that arent part of the COTBG or Sarkicism hubs

There are actually a few authors who have stories like that

Its not one narrative

Yaldabaoth having influence on alternate universes is obvious enough, and it means nothing considering these universes are inside the exact same narrative

Considering Yaldabaoth is stated to be able to destroy all dimensions and realities and we have concluded with heavy support that it doesn't mean narratives, it's literally impossible for her to have influence on more than one narrative.

Your argument goes against the definition and the consensus, and ignores the previous discussion about the subject.

Kepekley23 said:
Also, by actual statements, only Swann scales to 3812.
Why doesn't Mary scale?

Pretty sure Mary's request for omnipotence was left vague on purpose, but perhaps she would, too.

Kepekley23 said:
Pretty sure Mary's request for omnipotence was left vague on purpose, but perhaps she would, too.
It was left vague, but then in a later tale it was shown she sees reality as a simulation.

Maybe the event she was trying to deal with in that tale would also give an indication of her being above 3812, but I'm not familiar enough with the hub that tale's from.

EDIT: This is getting a bit off track, where does all the staff stand on the "extended canon" key? Should zero characters get it, a select few, all where the extended canon contributes a lot to their character, or all where the extended canon is noteworthy?

Doesn't 3812, by its very nature, view lower narratives as fiction and is indefinitely ascending to higher planes of existence? I'm not sure if it's considered part of the multiverse, since that kinda seems against its reason for existing, which was a big experiment.

She'd likely scale, although only within a single narrative unless it was shown that she transcends all of them like 3812

Stuff like 682 as the Leviathan of the Fourth and 076 as Hevel-Ab-Leshal should receive Extended Canon keys, since they are intricate, deeply branched and interesting storylines.

I feel like we got off the wrong foot.

I am fine with those. I am fine with different canonical keys.

I'm against composite keys.

Copying from my editpost earlier.

This is getting a bit off track, where does all the staff stand on the "extended canon" key? Should zero characters get it, a select few (like the eight Dargoo listed on his blog), all where the extended canon contributes a lot to their character (god-tiers, Hevel-Ab-Leshal, others with storylines told only over extended canon), or all where the extended canon is noteworthy (more than just a single ability or slight tier change)?

Yeah, that's basically my gripe.

I'm totally fine with 682 receiving an extended canon key. What I'm absolutely not fine with is 682 in his Extended Key scaling to something that's literally completely unrelated to his storyline.

There is nothing wrong with extended canon composite keys, we have them for Star Wars, and basically everything for Skyrim would be composite

Alright, that seems fine to me.

Different key is something I Support and have not stopped supporting.

I'll update soon to include extended canon.

Also, how would you guys feel about File canons scaling, but not extended?

What would the file canons scale to? It seems to make more sense for extended canon to scale.

File canons woulda scale to each other, I mean. 682 and 076 can scale since CainPathos had them fight, but 076/682 wouldn't get any feats from tales not written by the author, which would be from extended.

Extended canon would scale by definition.

Dargoo Faust said:
File canons woulda scale to each other, I mean. 682 and 076 can scale since CainPathos had them fight, but 076/682 wouldn't get any feats from tales not written by the author, which would be from extended.

Extended canon would scale by definition.
Yes but CainPathos isn't the author of 682.

You said earlier "Also, how would you guys feel about File canons scaling, but not extended?" implying no extended canon scaling.

Sorry, I meant Files not scaling to extended.

Fair enough. Just wanted an opinion.

Back