• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite Human

I think he should stay. They work as a good benchmark for comparing characters to what we could call "the peak of real life humanity." We are not allowed to have real life people participate in these VS battles, but we can use CH as a stand in for it.

Honestly, what's happening right now is that CH does not belong in this wiki, and everybody agrees that CH does not belong on this wiki, but people are asking him to stay anyway just because they like him.

There really isn't any good reason to make an exception for CH, and people can't just say "the rules can go to hell" and ignore them whenever they want, so I'm still agreeing with deletion.

And again saying whenever we want, but like when has this happened before? Or been accepted? This would be an once and done exception that wouldn't be repeated. It doesn't even cause any issues.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And again saying whenever we want, but like when has this happened before? Or been accepted? This would be an once and done exception that wouldn't be repeated. It doesn't even cause any issues.
No one knows what you mean by this. You should rephrase

Is there any reason you want an exception other than you wanting CH to stay? No, there isn't, therefore, it is "whenever you want". The amount of times doesn't matter, what matters is that the only reason is that you want CH to stay, that's what "whenever you want" means, it doesn't matter if you want it one time or a hundred thousand times.

Also, complaining about the specific term I used (the term in this case being "whenever you want") would be arguing semantics and missing the actual point of the comment, the point being that you can't make exceptions for a character just because you like him or because he's popular.

Yobo Blue said:
No one knows what you mean by this. You should rephrase
I didn't see you reply above, that's my bad. Have we ever seen any cases of this bad precedent of bending rules like the case of CH happening elsewhere because of his existence?

we totally bend the rules when we want. we don't bow down to the rules. the rules are in place to make everything work and nothing is broken by CH being here so he should stay.

I like how LSirLancelotDuLacl complained that I said "Whenever you want" and made a huge deal out of the fact that it would only happen this once, and then Yellowpig10 just appears and says "Yeah, we bend the rules whenever we want."

This comment is not an argument, I'm just pointing it out because I thought it was funny.

i mean it probably is just one off thing and i don't think this'll ever happen again either but if something like this were to happen i'd be willing to argue this point again

But, yeah, there really isn't any good reason to make an exception for CH, and people can't just say "the rules can go to hell" and ignore them whenever they want, so I'm still agreeing with deletion.

• "Built by mish-mashing the characteristics of multiple beings of a species which are broadly linked under a single definition: Check.
  • Characteristics are just merged together with no regard for what is contradictory or mutually exclusive: Check.
  • Not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling: Check.
  • Has no actual verse or canon: Check.
  • Imaginary thought experiment at best and Real-Person Fic at worst: Check"

If we delete CH. Then we have to delete all the other fictional composites we have because they can be at fault with the same arguments. Let's look at Link for example

1.He is a mishmash of all Links in Legend of Zelda even though each Link is different with the power and feats vary.

2. Same for link, all of Links feats are mashed together even though some of them aren't mutually exclusive.

3. Link is a fictional composite, so there is no real comeback because this is for real life. But really, the real world is the feats we get for humanity.

4. Composite Link has no real canon, sure his feats come from legend of zelda. But we never had a canon game that had a 3-A composite link with all his massive Hax all in 1 profile

5. Just another thought experiment at best and power thread fanfiction at worst

Cutting CH means we have to cut all other Composites like this. If they are allowed even though they share the same flaws. Why can't we have CH?

Real Life Composites are not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling, that's why they were all deleted, except for Composite Human, who was only allowed to stay due to being popular.

If you want to argue the rules do so on a different thread. This is specifically about CH breaking the current rules. If you feel the current rules aren't adequate, than you change them. It's as simple as that.

The real world is also the setting of Composite Tree, Composite Fish, Composite Primate, Composite Plant, Composite Bat, Composite Ant, Composite Virus, etc. All deleted, so, it is clearly not accepted as an actual setting.

GojiBoyForever said:
I'm Blue daba dee daba die makes a good point.
said immediately after response is pointed out to be objectively false ovo But yeah, Paulo is right, it's not actually a defined setting nor does the character exist in any meaningful capacity.

It seems like every point that can be made to defend CH could also be made (and was made) to defend the other Composites, however, all of the other Composites were deemed to not fit the wiki and were deleted, so why should CH not be deleted when the arguments for him are the exact same?

He is no different from the other Real Life Composites, so he should be deleted for the same reasons they were. The reasons they were deleted have been listed previously (Built by mish-mashing the characteristics of multiple beings of a species which are broadly linked under a single definition, Characteristics are just merged together with no regard for what is contradictory or mutually exclusive, Not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling, etc.).

The other composites don't work because some of them were too silly for this wiki at all (composite Tree). The rest were far too broad and mash in hundreds of different subspecies which have all different traits.

There is only 1 human species. Sure some may be different but they share many common basic traits that make them 1 species and no other subspecies.There are hundreds of lizards, canids, cats, primates, etc. That's why CH isn't the same as other composites who deserve to be deleted

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
The other composites don't work because some of them were too silly for this wiki at all (composite Tree). The rest were far too broad and mash in hundreds of different subspecies which have all different traits.
Silly is a unbelievably subjective quality that has never been and will never be used to justify deletion or creation of profiles. Period.

CH fits the bill for almost all the reasonings used for the Real Life Composites to have been removed (mish-mashing the characteristics, merged together with no regard, no actual verse or canon, not comparable to Fictional Composites, etc.); they weren't deleted just because of subspecies, there were many reasons.

Yeah, I will be making a thread talking about why the real world should count as a verse and why this should only apply to CH (to reassure the people who will try to say "But this will bring back composite tree and the others!"

Only problem is that it will detract from this thread but my thread is because of this thread

Yeah, but they're fictional. Real Life Composites and Fictional Composites are not comparable, since Real Life isn't an actual defined setting.

Composite human built a lot of fans on this wiki for this thread to be so long, huh.

Honestly, it seems like the only chance CH has of staying would be if an exception was made for him, as he clearly does not fit the rules, however, I've already given my stance on this topic and I do not believe an exception should be made, as there is no good reason for doing so other than people just wanting.

I mean they are kinda fictional, he is an idea after all. His setting is kinda bogus though. I have a thought though, why not make a specific setting for him for the purposes of this wiki? Is that too taboo an idea?

Messaged Antvasima about making my own 'why the real world should count as a verse" thread. Hasn't responded yet.

Let's not reach conclusions until we get things properly discussed

I wasn't aware of it's existence until this thread, seems like a joke gone too far. Would've been better to just truly combine every human

It's not even that the Real World can't count as a verse, it can, for things that actually exist, such as animals or weapons, but in the way it is used for CH (or for any Real Life Composite), it doesn't count as a setting, because they're not actually part of reality.

Muchacho mrm said:
I wasn't aware of it's existence until this thread, seems like a joke gone too far. Would've been better to just truly combine every Human
That sounds even worse. It assumes that every human to ever live has the power level of a CH even though many of them have diseases which make it hard for them to punch hard or even have no arms. Plus, we don't do that scaling on this wiki

Back