• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite Human

The main argument against CH was that it's against the rules.

That's it.

Granted, the rules are very flimsy; just about nobody, as I've seen, actually explained why/what the problem is/why the rule exists and how CH violates those reasons.

Technically, the only rule that Composite Human breaks is that he is a fictional character that is placed in the Real World verse, which is unacceptable by Editing Rules. I'd agree with ThePerpetual's reasons for Composite Human's notability, so the problem would be what verse would CH take.

Well, that and CH is also an incomplete character. Yes, he has feats. Yes, he has capabilities. Yes, he has knowledge. But his behaviour is unknown. We know how he can fight others, but that is because of our own knowledge (fictional knowledge excluded for the sake of fairness). We don't know what attributes characters him as a persona, other than intellectual.

Skalt711 said:
Technically, the only rule that Composite Human breaks is that he is a fictional character that is placed in the Real World verse, which is unacceptable by Editing Rules. I'd agree with ThePerpetual's reasons for Composite Human's notability, so the problem would be what verse would CH take.
Well, that and CH is also an incomplete character. Yes, he has feats. Yes, he has capabilities. Yes, he has knowledge. But his behaviour is unknown. We know how he can fight others, but that is because of our own knowledge (fictional knowledge excluded for the sake of fairness). We don't know what attributes characters him as a persona, other than intellectual.
Then we just moved the resolution from "CUT HIM ALL TOGETHER FOREVER AND LET HIM TO DIE IN THE LAND OF MEMES!!!!" (sorry if I overexxagrated don't take offense), to "We need to put him in a new verse", which basically means he is able to be in this wiki but just needs to be in a new verse

The whole how he fights in battle can be resolved, but it still means we can just fix the issue and revise him instead of cutting him

I agree with removing Composite Human and moving them back to Joke Battles Wiki.

we've already talked about how he doesn't belong there. it's either here, OC/FC or non-existence and i don't think OC/FC want him

Putting CH into FC/OC is like putting an NFL Player in a womans fashion magazine. He just doesn't belong on FC/OC. He won't get wasted like Joke Battles but he will stick out.

Best option if CH needs to get removed is CH gets put in a blog post. GoJoboi Fan already has one

Not actually gonna be able to get to this tonight. Maybe like 2 days max though

Also, as far as him not having an in-character standard behavioral mindset is concerned. A lot of RPG characters are the exact same in that regard.

The Wright Way said:
Tell me, why do you go on VS Battles Wiki in the first place? To have fun. I get why we should take ourselves seriously, but at the end of the day we are a website where Thomas the Tank Engine can have a fair fight with Superman. Seriously. If we can't even have one exception to the rule for the sake of fun, what is even the point? It's not a career, it's a hobby. Why should we take ourselves this seriously?
Whatever, I'm out. Do what you will.
I disagree deleting CH because of this reason. He's not as notorious as Composite Tree and not a meme either. Blue also made good reasons too

Moritzva said:
The main argument against CH was that it's against the rules.

That's it.

Granted, the rules are very flimsy; just about nobody, as I've seen, actually explained why/what the problem is/why the rule exists and how CH violates those reasons.
The rules are just a consequence of the site's focus, which is fictional stories. Yes the real world is an exception and mythology blurs the lines, but even they are able to be treated in the same way as a story when it comes to indexing. Stories have canon to them, continuity, internal logic, a setting where everything is contained and the real world will have concepts analogous to those, which from a indexing perspective will allow it to function similarly, myths also function similarly to fictional stories from a purely power indexing perspective, whether or not people believe in them.

Thought experiments on the other hand are completely different, they are concepts detached from any fictional setting and without anything like a canon, they are neither what the wiki is meant for nor something functionally similar to what the wiki is meant for, to allow them the foundation of the site itself would have to be altered and good luck to you if you're willing to attempt that, but as it stands things like these simply don't belong here

Technically a thought experiment's canon is the combined derivation of its subjects' canons.

I don't think "it's fun" is a good excuse for keeping CH, specially when you take into account that what is or isn't fun is very subjective. I don't see CH as fun, at all, quite the opposite in fact, I hate this page.

The reason I hate it and the reason I want it gone are the same reason: it isn't an actual character from a verse, its just a thing we made up, but that's not really the point of the comment you're responsing to either way.

The main point of that last comment was a response to peope saying "we should bend the rules for CH because its fun". No, it being fun is not a good reason, because fun is subjective. Bending the rules and making exceptions for that reason would make no sense.

Yellowpig10 said:
sounds like you just want him gone because you hate the page and you're using this as an excuse
Appeal to motive much? Even if that's his reason, his argument still holds water

Yeah, "it's fun" is a terrible argument here

Don't get me wrong, I do think our nature as an entertainment site means something when it comes to allowing different characters, but it should not be used as an excuse to just handwave our standards away when it's convenient. The only time I've relied on a similar argument is when the jokey nature of certain characters were being used as a reason for deletion, it was legitimately relevant that our site is fun oriented in that scenario, the problem of CH being a double standard, being outside the scope of the wiki and using popularity as the primary reason for staying is absolutely not solved by "but the wiki is meant to be fun"

Users: "CH does nothing wrong, generates a ton of matches, and none of the reasons behind the rules against him really apply to him.

Others: "But the rules!"

He is not "otherwise relatively fine" when everything else originating from the same concept got deleted and he literally doesn't fulfill basic requirements like having an actual verse or canon. What one minor rule are you even referring to?

CH is no different from any of the other composite profiles that were deleted, all of the reasons for their deletion also apply to him; the only reason he was kept was due to being popular.

• Built by mish-mashing the characteristics of multiple beings of a species which are broadly linked under a single definition: Check.
  • Characteristics are just merged together with no regard for what is contradictory or mutually exclusive: Check.
  • Not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling: Check.
  • Has no actual verse or canon: Check.
  • Imaginary thought experiment at best and Real-Person Fic at worst: Check.
  • The main purpose of profiles for The Real World is scaling to other verses and providing benchmarks, which can't be done with these characters who do not exist: Check.
CH is not different from the other Composites, he is not "relatively fine", he is not "doubtlessly a special case", CH is simply a profile that breaks this wiki's rules, but has been allowed to stay for no other reason than "he is popular".

I do agree with the deletion because a profile being popular is not a valid reason for it to exist when it breaks many wiki's rules.

"Built by mish-mashing the characteristics of multiple beings of a species which are broadly linked under a single definition"

I'm a bit confused on this point. Isn't this what we do with animal profiles?

"Characteristics are just merged together with no regard for what is contradictory or mutually exclusive"

It's a composite, this is to be expected.

"Not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling"

Though it doesn't necessarily have a defined setting, the feats and scaling that composes it is completely fine.

"Has no actual verse or canon"

The verse and canon comes from the humans who have experienced and done the feats.

"Imaginary thought experiment at best and Real-Person Fic at worst"

With valid feats, a coherent structure, reliable info, and popularity.

"The main purpose of profiles for The Real World is scaling to other verses and providing benchmarks, which can't be done with these characters who do not exist"

This profile provides a basis on what humans can do at their maximum potential. Second point stands strong though.

If nothing else CH should stay up as a benchmark on what humans can do and have matches banned.

• Isn't this what we do with animal profiles?
No, animal profiles only have characteristics that most or all members of that species have. CH has things such as thick bones or immunity to pain, which are extremely rare and are only the case for specific members of the species. If CH was like the animal profiles, he would just be a normal human without any powers, and instead of "Composite Human", he would just be called "Human".

• It's a composite, this is to be expected.
Real Life Composites are not comparable to Fictional Composites due to having no specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling, which is one of the reasons they all got deleted.

• Though it doesn't necessarily have a defined setting, the feats and scaling that composes it is completely fine.
Other Real Life Composites were the exact same, and were deleted.

• The verse and canon comes from the humans who have experienced and done the feats.
Doesnt matter, the other Real Life Composites were the exact same, and were deleted.

• With valid feats, a coherent structure, reliable info, and popularity.
Popularity is irrelevant. All the other points also apply to other Real Life Composites; all deleted.

• This profile provides a basis on what humans can do at their maximum potential. Second point stands strong though.
Other Real Life Composites were the exact same, and were deleted.

Basically, CH is no different from any of the other Real Life Composites; almost everything that can be brought up to defend him was also the case for the other Composites, all of which were decided not to be acceptable and were deleted. An exception shouldn't have been made for CH, he should have been deleted along with the others.

People here should really stop arguing that CH "is a special case" or "it doesn't apply to him"; he is on the same boat as all the other Real Life Composites, there is no difference between him and the others.

Back