• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite Human

I actually don't understand why it wouldn't be a valid reason. It serves as a bench mark for general human feats that can be used as reference and the rules say what they say, but exceptions still exist. Why exactly do we need to follow the rules so ardently we can't keep him around for the sake of fun and popularity? Call it hipocrisy for not doing so with other similar composite profiles, but I don't understand why that should even matter. What bad does it do?

If it isn't allowed, then it isn't allowed. We can't just make exceptions and bend the rules just because something is popular. That would be like allowing a fanfic character, or a joke profile, just because people like it. It doesn't matter if people think its fun or popular (specially because that's extremely subjective), we can't allow a profile that breaks the rules.

Rules are made for people, not people for rules.

If people agree that CH should stay, it stays. Rules CAN be bent if they stop being useful, or start being harmful. I personally disagree with the thread. CH is fun is a terrible argument, but there's a reason people said it. At the end of the day, we're here to have fun, to entertain ourselves, each in his own way. CH is interesting, popular, is used even in other VS debating websites, and, most importantly, it doesn't bring any harm to the wiki.

If the only reason for why CH cannot be allowed is because "it breaks the rules", then the rules can go to hell. They're needed to create order in the wiki, but now they're only causing problems. Especially for such a small rule, which is an exception of an another small rule. Come on guys...

This wiki was made for entertainment, but it still has standards and rules that must be followed (that's why there are such huge discussions about whether or not the Real Life Composites should be allowed, or whether or not YouTube characters should be allowed, or about internet characters, etc), we can't just ignore it whenever we feel like it just to allow a page that clearly should not be allowed.

Basically, no, rules can't go to hell just because we want a Real-Person Fic OC to have a page.

Triforce explains my meaning well. It does literally nothing to the Wiki, and as Moritzva brought up very well, any issues with Composite Human are issues already inherent in our system that need ironing out. Getting rid of him literally solves nothing and only adhers to a rule.

I really don't care for lash back because he's popular or whatever, I just like the idea of the profile and the reference to normal human potential that can be drawn from its "feats", There's literally no harm done to the wiki and exceptions are not a nonexistent concept.

"The problem with Real Life Composite profiles is simple: There's way too many of them, and they have no real criteria of standard of analysis. They are all build by mish-mashing the characteristics of multiple beings of a species, or of multiple species which are broadly linked under a single definition, with no real analysis put into it, and no standard of what is acceptable or not.

Characteristics are just merged together with no regard for what is contradictory or mutually exclusive, and what you end up left with isn't a Composite, but rather a bizarre chimera that fuses every single strength of a species or multiple species to the point of being nearly unrecognizable.

Some have argued that they should be allowed, as Fictional Character Composites are allowed, but the comparison is flawed and naive at best. Not only do we have limits and regulations for Fictional Composites, but they are also far easier to handle, as each character is bound to a specific setting with clearly defined feats and scaling. Meanwhile not only is Real Life not a clearly-defined setting, but there are absolutely no regulations to what is or isn't allowed, leading to absolutely ludicrous profiles that are more in-line with what is found in JokeBattlesWiki, like the Composite Tree.

Real Life Composites could only be compared to Fictional Composites if the later had no regulations, and were built under the idea that outliers don't exist. If I made A Composite Krillin profile, and used bullshit scaling and logic to make him 3-A or 2-C, that wouldn't be accepted. The way Real Life Composites are made have no such thing."

The reason for the rulings, from the original thread

Could you link the original thread?

Also, why don't we simply... create proper criteria?

Honestly, in the moment you have to bend or flat out ignore rules in order for it to be accepted on the wiki, it only really proves that it shouldn't be on the wiki at all.

Yeah, CH is also a really good reference for physical and intelligence feats for humans.

Is that not a reason for him to stay?

YungManzi said:
Yeah, CH is also a really good reference for physical and intelligence feats for humans.
Is that not a reason for him to stay?
that's stuff for a feat blog post, not a profile

The issue with bending rules for popularity is ultimately that it sets a bad precedent for any sort of profile making or really anything involving the rules. If you feel the rules don't adequately address the entire situation, you change them and don't bend them

Really, regardless of what happens, you aren't going to be able to get this through because "the rules don't work well here" without changing the rules simply because of the way this wiki works. That would have to go on another thread though.

That's why its called an exception. There's no bad precedent to set if it's made clear this is a one off case with no repeats and that there's entirely personal reasons why the rules are being bent in this case that won't be viable for any other case. Call it hipocrisy if you like, I really don't think anyone would care. We aren't literal robots.

Moritzva said:
Also, why don't we simply... create proper criteria?
I really think this should be the first step, before we definitively decide on this issue.

After all, imagine deleting CH, revising the rules, resulting in him coming back except with all the matches removed...

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That's why its called an exception. There's no bad precedent to set if it's made clear this is a one off case with no repeats and that there's entirely personal reasons why the rules are being bent in this case that won't be viable for any other case. Call it hipocrisy if you like, I really don't think anyone would care. We aren't literal robots.
The issue here is that the examples and reasons used have been proven multiple times to not be one off or exclusive to CH. CH has nothing unique about it, so even if that was a legitimate reason it wouldn't work in this case either.

I really think this should be the first step, before we definitively decide on this issue.

After all, imagine deleting CH, revising the rules, resulting in him coming back except with all the matches removed...

he'd lose all his matches anyway if he's revised

People are acting as if just because the wiki is an entertainment website, this means we can just throw away the standard whenever we feel like it. That's not how it works.

If you want the rules changed, go make your own thread, but this thread isn't about that, this thread is about deciding whether or not Composite Human fits the rules and standards required to have a page on this wiki, and we have decided that he doesn't, so the page should be deleted, that's it. The rules aren't going to be thrown out just because of a Real-Person Fic OC you guys really like.

I know no one that ever assumed that at any point or said that was the case, don't even Paulo. I merely said exceptions do exist, and there's no reason we can't do one. I know what the rules are and that's why I am calling it an exception, not changing the rules which is not the point of this.

"No one ever assumed this was an entertainment website" is what I meant. I don't remember anyone thinking that CH isn't a breach of the rules we do have.

It is an entertainment website, it just happens that people are using that as an excuse to bend the rules just so CH would stay, when there's no reason to. Heck, there are people literally saying that "the rules can go to hell" and "just change the rules".

Back