• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Ryuko's Abilities and Separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention that Ryuko's powers are not properly separated throughout her keys.

This particular lack of borders leads to assumptions such as that even Base/Start of Series Ryuko has all the abilities she has displayed throughout the series - which includes the main point of this thread, her Regen.

Recently on this thread, I was debating on this exact point, because Ryuko has never demonstrated any sort of Regenerationn until much later in the series.

Not against Takaharu, not against Omiko Hakodate, not against Satsuki and not against the Elite Four. Case in point, she was born with Regen but how fast said Regen works developed as she got stronger and only started being a factor in her battles once Ragyo ripped out her heart, telling her the truth, that's because, as Ragyo herself explained, she developed a higher and higher afinitty with the life fibers . Her regen was a complete non-factor until the events where Satsuki betrayed their mother. It could have been there but at best, worked overtime and was not combat applicable AT ALL. She didn't regen even the smallest of wounds mid-battle - though she had a few showings of negating wounds once she transformed with Senketsu and only at this moment, as seen here in her transformation .

Same goes for her reactive evolution and other abilities. They kept developing their potential as the series progressed (which Ryuko makes a point about by the end of her match against Ragyo ).

Saying that base Ryuko has both her Regen and abilities that she didn't demonstrate until much later in the series is flawed logic and burden of proof falacy - therefore her powers should be separated with borders according to what she demonstrated on the series, otherwise we get other characters using powers of higher keys by the same logic OR Ryuko herself being assumed as having abilities of Kisaragi while in base.

Ryuko has regen in all of her forms, its a power she has due to her nature as a Life Fiber Hybrid. I agree though that her Senketsu-exclusive abilities should probably be seperated into a second key to avoid confusion.

So as it goes it should be separated something like this:

Beginning of Series Base >> Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside dow

Life Fiber Synchronize >> Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Shapeshifting (With Senketsu only), Flight, Can generate high speed air slashes, Sound Redirectio, Afterimage Creation, Regenerationn (High-Mid overtime), Immortality (Type 3), Berserk Mode when she turns extremely angry (Though this form has more disadvantages than advantages), Willpower Manipulation (Can create shockwaves with her willpower alone), Life Fiber Absorption, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation (Resisted Ragyo's Mental Refitting on multiple occasions),

Her memory resistance on this key is questionable considering Mind Control didn't work but when Ragyo messed with her memories she was controlled to the point where she actually kissed Nui, who she hated with a passion. Could be argued, however.

True Life Fiber Synchronize >> Stronger Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation, Regenerationn (High-Mid), Gains significant boosts to her Attack Potency and Durability the closer she is to dying (don't know if this one would apply to LF Synchronize as well), Can survive the vacuum of space,

Kisaragi >> (Not sure if the surviving the vacuum of space should go here instead),
Mind Control via absorbing Ragyo's Absolute Domination (This ability only works on Life Fibers however)

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryuko has regen in all of her forms, its a power she has due to her nature as a Life Fiber Hybrid. I agree though that her Senketsu-exclusive abilities should probably be seperated into a second key to avoid confusion.
She got beaten up badly time and again without displaying any signs of regen (other than when she merged with Senketsu). It developed to become faster as she got stronger. She could have the regen at the beginning, but it worked overtime. Otherwise she would have had a much easier time against the opponents she had at start of series up to actually developing that power.

What makes it uncertain is that at a certain point in the series she would be High-Mid even at Life-Fiber Synchronize - post Elite Four battles. But definitely not in base.

BoS has Martial Arts/Weapon Expertise and maybe Regenerationn. Nothing else.

LFS, and TLFS has every single abilitiy listed minus Mind Control.

Kisaragi has every single ability.

EoS lost Reactive Evolution, Berserk Mode, Sound Manipulation and absorption.

Not sure how to go about separating these though. Maybe Weekly can handle it.

@Ryu While I agree with 90% of what you said, where did she display anything close to high-mid regen other than when transforming during LFS, Ryu?

I said maybe Regenerationn due to Weekly and Aqua's insistence she has so, making me think I may've forgotten something. But I'm fine with BoS not having the power listed.

No it would go more like:

Beginning of Series Base Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma, Regenerationn (High-Mid), Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation

Life Fiber Synchronize Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Shapeshifting (With Senketsu only), Flight, Sound Redirectio, Afterimage Creation, Berserk Mode when she turns extremely angry (Though this form has more disadvantages than advantages), Willpower Manipulation (Can create shockwaves with her willpower alone), Life Fiber Absorption, Gains significant boosts to her Attack Potency and Durability the closer she is to dying, Can generate high speed air slashes, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside down

True Life Fiber Synchronize All previous powers but stronger

Kisaragi All previous power but stronger plus Can survive the vacuum of space, Mind Control via absorbing Ragyo's Absolute Domination (This ability only works on Life Fibers however)

EoS Loses all powers minus Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma, Regenerationn (High-Mid), Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation, Can generate high speed air slashes, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside down, and possibly Flight

Regenerationn is not some power that she gained from Senketsu or that she randomly got over the course of the series, its a power she has due to the fact that shes a life fiber hybrid.

@Weekly That seems good. How about simply "Same as before, but loses Reactive Evolution, Berserk Mode, Sound Manipulation, and Absorption"?

Also I know she naturally has that ability due to her nature. But wasn't she originally unaware and unable to use it back when she thought she was still a human?

She never displayed regen despite being beaten up by even low tier members of the student council such as the boxing one where she got utterly destroyed. I can agree with most of that separation, but BOS Ryuko having combat applicable High-Mid Regen makes no sense whatsoever unless someone actually shows her Regenerating from ANYTHING at all in a battle.

It could be there, but was not working or at least it was working slowly, overtime.

I could even argue that against people like the Elite Four, I didn't see anything remotely close to a reliable High-Mid regen.

By that logic, any character could have abilities from their higher keys used going by "Yeah, their nature gives them this power" despite never showing said ability when they should have naturally activated until much later in the series.

I just added it

Yeah she was unaware of it, she didnt even know she was a hybrid until Nui pulled out her heart, but that doesnt mean she didnt have it.

@Fate I agree. Pops is naturally a character who can bust universes, grow to stellar sizes, resist existence erasure and plot manipulation, etc. But for the majority of the series he had no idea of these powers nor was able to access them. So it wouldn't make sense to apply these attributes to his 9-B key.

Same for Ryuko.

@Weekly Are you sure about that?

Hmm...i see what you mean...perhaps just Low-Mid for BoS base form seeing as she recovered from the beating she took from Tahakara in a pretty short period of time? Its hard to tell seeing as we only see her BoS base form for the first half of the first episode and thats all...

The thing is Ryuko's regen is a passive ability, whereas Pop's universe level stuff is a voluntary ability. he has to use them. Ryuko's rregen happens no matter what. Hell even some other chracter with regen be it higher or lower level, some of them have to actively MAKE it happen. hers...not so much. its completely passive and involuntary.

@Weekly I think that'd just be healing. Like said KLK's Regenerationn doesn't increase in potency, it just increases in speed. So it's not like Ryuko had lesser Regenerationn rather doesn't have he Regenerationn yet.

/\ This. She could even have the regen, it just wasn't combat-applicable in base at all, working overtime. So it wasn't even noticed.

@Aqua No. Pops got weakened and lost memory of his powers. So he went his whole life thinking he was a weakling and actually being a weakling. Therefore he didn't have these powers until he later became aware of his nature and gained the abilitiy to reaccess them.

Same with Ryuko. She didn't know how to access her full Life Fiber potential, nor did she have any idea she even had Life Fiber potential. Therefore, at least at that point in her life, she didn't have Regenerationn.

But before Ragyo and Nui, Ryuko had never come across any sort of damage where her Regen would make itself known in such an easy to see event like having your heart ripped out. All she'd ever gotten before then were bruises and stuff, stuff that if you're not paying attention would heal quickly due to regen.

I guess maybe she only had dealt with blunt damage at the time, and not stuff that she'd need to grow back from like limbs, etc. being cut off. Though I'm not sure.

Basically the only bladed weapon she faced up until Nui was Satsuki's, and even then that was her LFS Mode, not her base, her base literally just got punched a few times by Takahara.

So maybe she'd still have Regenerationn but not demonstrate it yet? Are you sure?

If she had reliable High-Mid regen in Base, Takarada wouldn't have put her down with as much ease as he did just via blunt attacks since she has at least a matching durability.

Even against people like Sanageyama, Nonon, and many others, her regen didn't work nearly as fast as it started working later on (compare the gap to Kisaragi, for example, which was regenerating as soon as she was damaged by Ragyo, BADLY).

@Fate Why do you think that?

And yeah, that was a weaker form of Ryuko with slower regen, her regen gets faster as her forms get stronger

Well yeah the 9-B key is episode 1 2 and I guess some of 3...after that we dont really see BASE Ryuko outside of episoe 7.agains Mako....everything BASE Ryuko deals with is simple blunt force that only bruises her, nothing she couldnt deal with even without subtle regen quickening the healing process.

Blunt damage is damage via any kind of impact which ultimately causes wounds internal or external on the target. I don't see what's preventing any regen from regenerating that within their own limits.

Low-Mid regen can already remake limbs and heal fatal wounds. It should be perfectly able to deal with blunt force trauma, as it's already remaking skin, bones and everything else

If I get hit with over the head with a baseball bat, I don't see what I'd need to regenerate.

Also,

>Implying most series acknowledge internal damage of blunt force trauma

I dunno if you're kidding in the first one and that's very concerning. lol

As for the second one, indeed.

I'm probably looking at this in a very simplified way, but as long as my skull isn't shattered, I don't see what I even can regenerate from.

For example, you could repair the blood vessels. The damage done to them is what causes the loss of consciousness, because blood struggles reaching the brain.

Damage to blood vessels, organs, muscles, bones, nerves, tendons, bursae and ligaments could be regenerated due to blunt trauma anywhere.

@Ever

regenerating damaged cells, skin tissue, muscle fibers, all in all Regenerationn at its most basic defintion is jjust the healing process multiplied to super levels. its just that a lot of series tend to ignore when a character with high level regen takes blunt force trauma since usually it really doesnt matter to them overall.

Basically regen is simply the natural healing process ramped to ridiculous degrees. or even supernatural levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back