• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Ryuko's Abilities and Separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning of Series Base: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma

Life Fiber Synchronize: Same as before, along with Regenerationn (High-Mid), Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Shapeshifting (With Senketsu only), Flight, Sound Redirectio, Afterimage Creation, Berserk Mode when she turns extremely angry (Though this form has more disadvantages than advantages), Willpower Manipulation (Can create shockwaves with her willpower alone), Life Fiber Absorption, Gains significant boosts to her Attack Potency and Durability the closer she is to dying, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation, Can generate high speed air slashes, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside dow

True Life Fiber Synchronize: Same as before

Kisaragi: Same as before along with ability to survive the vacuum of space and Mind Control via absorbing Ragyo's Absolute Domination (This ability only works on Life Fibers however)

End of Series Base: Same as before, but loses Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Life Fiber Absorption, Sound Redirection and Berserk Mode.

This would be my suggestion. Not sure if others are fine with it though.

How It'd Look

</p>
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Swordswoma | Same as before, along with Regenerationn (High-Mid), Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Shapeshifting (With Senketsu only), Flight, Sound Redirectio, Afterimage Creation, Berserk Mode when she turns extremely angry (Though this form has more disadvantages than advantages), Willpower Manipulation (Can create shockwaves with her willpower alone), Life Fiber Absorption, Gains significant boosts to her Attack Potency and Durability the closer she is to dying, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation and Morality Manipulation, Can generate high speed air slashes, Can run up platforms at 90 degree angles or upside down | Same as before | Same as before along with ability to survive the vacuum of space and Mind Control via absorbing Ragyo's Absolute Domination (This ability only works on Life Fibers however) | Same as before, but loses Reactive Evolution, Cloth Manipulation, Life Fiber Absorption, Sound Redirection and Berserk Mode.

Aren't we going with Base Ryuko for the first couple episodes before meeting Senketsu not being aware of or possessing her powers?

Of course Base Ryuko at different points of the series may have some of these powers. But the 9-B key is for that very small area at first.

Again, Not knowing about =/= Not possessing, especially concerning passive powers like this. If it were powers that she actually had to utilize herself then i would agree but regen and a resistance arent active abilities.

Base Ryuko is someone with loads of potential, but who is literally taking her first steps in developing it to reach her full power. Considering Ryuko was originally Memory Manipulated by Ragyo for sometime to the point where she even kissed Nui, I'm with Ryu on leaving her resistance out of her base form in the start of series.

@Weekly I'm not sure if we should give Ryuko at her absolute weakest, before she really has anything the same attributes she only shows while vastly superior and actually starting to become empowered. Though if you and the others insist then sure.

@Fate Ragyo's Memory Manipulation initially working on Ryuko is irrelevent when she's eventually able to resist and negate it. It's called resistance, not immunity.

Hmm I disagree as that would imply for people who've not involved themselves into the series to think it was Lifer Fiber Synchronize to be what gave her her regen.

For example...if somehow Ryuko got her arm cut off BEFORE she had even joined Honnoji Academy, due to her physiology being changed due to Ragyo's experiments, it would regenerate back to normal. The context of the show shows her regen is inate to her character and completely passive. Though it was retroactively confirmed, the context of HOW her regen works is whats important. Its simply that up until Ragyo, Ryuko herself had NEVER dealt with any scenario where her high mid regen was made apparent to her.

It'd be one thing if the regen was controlled by her and she had to KNOW of it for it to work, but its passive and thus since she never had an injury that would make the regenerative properites of her physiology immediately obvious, it should be something that in a hypothetical battle scenario if an opponent cut her in half, she'd be shocked and freaking out but would realize "Wait I'm still alive, and I can still beat you!"

@Aqua Well now that you mention it, Ryuko had no idea she could regenerate, yet was still doing so when Ragyo ripped out her heart. So I guess at that point she had the ability but didn't know she did.

I just said it was passive, though I'm guessing you didnt read my post cause both of our posts were psoted very close to one another.

@Radical Nui ripping her heart our happened halfway through the series, and Ryuko regenerated several times without even realizing it

@Ryu Well, I was trying to make a point that, to a way more powerful Ryuko, it still took some effort to deal with said manip, so I don't know if her Start of series form would have it. I'm pretty neutral in regards to where those resistances go, really.

Only the regen was made obvious.

@Aqua It doesn't work fast enough to be relevant in combat. She couldn't recover from a barrage of punches fast enough, so she definitely wouldn't recover fast enough from something like being divided in half.

She....literally got herself bisected by Ragyo to trick her to giver time to get to the Primodial Life Fiber's Core.

It doesnt matter, her regen was always there. its a passive inate abilitty of her being a life fiber hybrid.

I'll give you an ultimatum to settle this, then.

Show me ONE instance of her regen working while in base, at the start of the series. Otherwise, she can't use it.

I cant because...do you understand if the show had shown her having regen that would be super random given we'd have no contexrt to WHY she has it? Obviously she would probably ask Senketsu if he was responisble an he might be able to realize that since it wasnt him, it had to be from her.

She doesnt show it at the BoS cause that would BREAK THE PLOT!

@Fate Base Ryuko without Senketsu exists for less than half an episode, during which the only injury she sustained was a few punches from Takahara (Which i will point out she did in fact heal extremely, extremely quickly). And Like Aqua said, revealing that Ryuko had Life Fiber powers would ruin the entire plot.

She got beaten up by Takahara badly.

Couldn't deal with the wounds for the duration of the whole battle to the point where she tried to counter him and could barely even brandish the blade (he even mocked her at the attempt to fight back).

Had to run away.

After that, was still shown covered in bruises and lamenting her lack of strength in the rain long after she made her escape.

Pretty sure that isn't anywhere close to combat applicable High-Mid Regen.

Saying that she's weaker than him isnt proof that she doesnt have regen. And no, when she got to the destroyed remains of her father's house she had no injuries whatsoever, only a few scuff marks.

She couldn't even walk properly and was wounded by the time she stopped holding herself with the scissor blade. Even the wounds she had dealed with got reopened when she fell down to where Senketsu was.

This is really burden of proof as rather than you proving that she had the regen, it's me proving that she didn't over and over despite everything pointing otherwise.

Also, why would she have more obvious wounds like bleeding cuts and such when the damage she took was all from blunt attacks? Her condition and the events that happened are more than enough proof.

That was due to to PLOT!

it was plot induced event....now I would amidt a nice bit of foreshadowing would be her realizing "Hey my wounds are already kinda feeling better, and she might say attribute that to Senketsu offhandedly.

BUT! the plot demanded that we the audience know jackshit about her being a life fiber hybrid until episode 16!

I legit don't understand why there is such a ruckus about the Ryuko from half of the first episode being the only one who doesn't get the regen based on her showings. Even the first synchronized form of hers will get it.

Besides, Senketsu and Ryuko together were the ultimate plan of Isshin. It would stand to reason that she properly awakened to her powers when she first synchronized with it.

properly....that is one hell of an assumption about how her abilities work. At no point is that shown to be implied or stated anywhere in the show. There is no awakening powers, its just them becoming bonded with each other and learning how to better use the abilities that they have.

Senketsu by his design can redirect sound, enable him and Ryuko flight, and able to generate spikes and hit invisible opponents with a huge AoE attack. These were all shit that happened after he realized from watching intially Gamagori evolve and adapt his Goku Uniform and since they are basically worse versions of himself he should be able to do the same. But he was always able to do it, he just wasnt aware of it due his memory being hazy as for most of the series he had forgotten what his own creator had really looked like.

Here with Ryuko though is even more than that since unlike Senketsu's innate abilties that need to be known to inact, her regen is completely passive and will work regardless she knew about it or not otherwise Ryuko's freaking heart being ripped out would've been her end since she didnt know about herr regen till.......ater it happened, specifically her heart blooping back into her chest.

The point is it affects her 9-B key and could easily be the difference in a vs thread whether she wins or loses in a number of battles.

The point is that Ryuko's regen in that key would at best work overtime.

If Takarada took her out with blunt force, any character with comparable AP, enough to go through her Dura would be able to accomplish the same if given the chance. Her regen didn't kick in said fight to be a factor, therefore it wouldn't kick in against anyone else.

Using the "because plot" as an argument just brings the whole point of other characters using abilities of their higher keys or BOS Ryuko actually regenerating as fast as she was regenerating against Ragyo in their final battle all over again.

Maybe the key can be taken off all together if everyone is so mixed on how to handle it? It's not a very notable form that only existed for like 2-3 episodes. And it wasn't always on the profile.

Fate can you please repost videos detailing Ragyo's talk of Ryuko's affiinity for Life Fibers? the videos you posted are...not working.

Regen1
This. There's also the thing with Nui and Ryuko having higher affinity with Life Fibers than Satsuki due to the way they were born. Though really, I feel like Ryu's suggestion is the best one. If it's about Ryuko losing due to a lack of abilities, keep in mind that her BOS key lacks ANY of her signature powers and abilities as a character, so it would probably be for the best if it was removed.
Regen2

Regen3

I think this ha more to do with Ryuko from birth being able to survive the experiments, Satsuki had no affinity while Ryuko did.

Ryuko's affinity did not really grow at all, its just the absurd amount she gained from Honnoji Academy's enhanced uniforms, counting Mako and the Elite Fours' which ha gone through multiple upgrades by then that enhanced Ryuo and Senketsu's abilities.

But since there is no way to quantify how much each individual Banshi thread increased her regen or anything, we have to assume it was negligble. The only real increases we saw were from True Life Fiber Synchronize, which was Ryuko and Senketsu bonding closer than before and Kisaragi mode and that was them taking on Junketsu, and the entire student bodies's goku uniforms.

There is simply nothing to say as there is no proof one or another what level her regen would be at BoS since all she got at that point was mild blunt force. She never gets cut or sliced before getting Senketsu and once she dons him we've offically switched over to the second key and dont really see base Ryuko till her "fight" with Mako in Ep7.

...I feel like I could stay here and make as many replies and explanations as possible and still we wouldn't agree on this so honestly, I give up. You and the others can decide.

Just pointing out that someone (Mako's family I think) actually commented on how fast Ryuko heals from her fights, even when not weaing sychronising with Senketsu well before her hybrid nature was revealed. There is evidence and foreshadowing that her Regenerationn is there throughout the entire show, which would make sense seeing as it is the result of her biology, not some new ability she unlocks. And it would always be high-mid, seeing as, again, that is how the Life fiber Regenerationn actually works.

I recognised that the speed of the regen would change and be nowhere near the "bisected then comes back seconds later" or "stabbed hundreds of times from all angles and instantly regenerates" of the later episodes, but she definitely has the regen.

>> Let it be known, however, that I didn't get ONE proof or showing of said regen for BoS Ryuuko. Instead, burden of proof was used throughout a good part of the discussion without actual proof to counter why she didn't regen at all against Takarada or fast enough pre-Senketsu.

If despite that, you say that "No, she has Regen anyways." I honestly have no arguments whatsoever.

That's all.

Oh shit...

this what happens when I dont buy thsoe damn last two blu rays copies I forget to binge watch and forgot those little details, thanks Monarch.

honestly all life fiber have high mid regen. she is human imbued with them so therefore she has high mid.

also you're the one who made the initial claim thus the burden of proof lies on you. Prove that her regen in base is not combat applicable. as Monarch just stated above, she does indeed heal faster than normal.

No, the burden of proof is on the one who claims a character to have the ability.

If you say the burden of proof is on me when it comes to her BoS Regen, then I can say any character has any power they never demonstrated and it's on you to prove that they can't do that.

Also even if it was on me, I would already have proved that it's not combat applicable. Fight against Takarada. Who I mentioned so many times already. Without getting any proof against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back