• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Ryuko's Abilities and Separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want proof that she has regen?

Here is your proof. Little pieces of evidence, that when put together, make it clear that she has the regen, even if an actual feat is not shown.

Life Fibers and life fiber hybrids have High-Mid Regenerationn. Exhibit A) Senketsu and Exhibit B) Ragyo and Nue

Ryuko's biology is that of a life-fiber hybrid. It has been that since birth.

Ryuko has had her fast healing commented on.

Ryuko's biology never changes throughout the series, and the only change in regen as she increases in power is how fast it works, not the level it works at.

Therefore, by common sense, she has the regen

The reason why it isnt shown in earlier episodes have been covered above.

She never displayed the regen despite being hit time and again hard by Takarada. She didn't show any signs of regen in a lot of her fights until later on in the series, or at least nowhere close to high-mid.

Going by that whole "It's in her nature" could be used to give SO MANY characters so many abilities of their higher keys that it's not even funny.

Her Regenerationn gets faster. We can see that throughout the series as a whole or is BoS Ryuko regenerating as fast as Kisaragi Ryuko?

Also if it's combat applicable, why was she utterly destroyed against Takarada without healing anything mid-battle? Why did she run away? Why was she still hurt long after she had run away? Why did the wounds she had treated reopen when she fell down, allowing the blood to reach Senketsu?

BoS Ryuko having High-Mid regen is so contradictory against everything that was shown, I'm almost amused that this debate is happening.

@Aizen At this point, I'm almost saying that BoS Ryuko could be given True-Godly Regen and I would be ok with it, honestly.

So what do you want then, Fate?

"Regenerationn (High-Mid. Although not combat applicable during this point, since she heals very slowly around this time)"?

I'm fine with this, not including the regen for that key or simply removing the key. Since it's a pretty brief, unimportant form that honestly didn't need to be added. Whichever of these I'm good with.

Could be any of those.

Something like Regenerationn (High-Mid overtime, not combat applicable)

Or simply have the key removed altogether if you think that is for the best. Honestly, if VS Matches would be a concern for Ryuko without regen, not having that Key would probably be for the best since she doesn't have any of her signature techniques prior to meeting Senketsu.

I mean, for all I know, she can only swing the Scissor Blade around.

I don't care about VS matches.

I'm only saying since perhaps we don't need a key for a pretty unimportant non-form she has for just 2 episodes. Especially if people can't decide on how to handle her.

However I'm also fine with specifying that for her regen in the first key. As well as separating the powers by key to avoid confusion.

what no you made the claim of her NOT having combat applicable regen.

and the Takarada fight, Ryuko was shown to flee and then falls into the basement of her old home. Honestly, if she had better skill at the time of facing agianst Takarada, her regen would've kicked in, but since she sucked at that time, she risked getting her scissorblade confiscated. While I do see her regen as nowhere near the level its at by EoS, she should still have it to some degree and it should still be high mid.

The show's plot could not have given too many hints here and there otherwise it would risk spoiling her character trait that was pivotal to the story. Monarch states above the most get in terms of hints about her regen before episode 18

The show just doesnt show US anything about it, because thats not meant to be info known to the audience.

But given her being a life fiber human hybrid and that ALL other life fiber beings have high mid regen, it should be assumed even in base she does as well. Life Fibers as an organism possess a regenerative factor and in some cases (predominantly in complex organisms composed fully of or enhanced with Life Fibers) will reform into a whole even after being cut all the way through

You are falling under "Absence of evidence is evidence of absence"

There is no evidence I can show that Ryuko's regen in BoS is combat applicable so you treat that as if it simply isn't. We were never given a chance to even see what level of regen she even possesses really.

I'm personally leaning towards "She always had Regenerationn but in the brief little 2-3 episode period before she met Senketsu it sucked." And wouldn't mind getting rid of the key if there's this much inconclusiveness over a completely unimportant key.

Though I'm open to what Weekly and others have to say as well.

It's a Tier that she has for about half an episode before getting Senketsu. It's like having a tier for Iron Man without his armour.

If we want to get rid of the 9-B tier, I am fine with that.

>There is no evidence I can show that Ryuko's regen in BoS is combat applicable so you treat that as if it simply isn't.

....Of course? Burden of proof is on you and you have none.

Meanwhile Fate has shown proof that it isnt combat worthy and you just ignore it for your own headcanon (That the story wanted to hide her regen)

He made the inital claim though, he has to proof it inst combat appicable, I cant show it is and he cant show it isnt.

Dude.

>Also if it's combat applicable, why was she utterly destroyed against Takarada without healing anything mid-battle? Why did she run away? Why was she still hurt long after she had run away? Why did the wounds she had treated reopen when she fell down, allowing the blood to reach Senketsu?

I quoted that from fate. Thats proof. Notice how everyone has moved on from this topic and are now discussing whether to delete the key or note it is very slow regen that is not applicable for combat

I guess she'd either lose the arm or take far too long to grow it back.

Either way it seems multiple people are fine with getting rid of the key. And that seems to be a better compromise so this doesn't keep going in circles.

Though I'll let Weekly give his input as well.

She'd regenerate it over the course of a day or three assuming she held the stump next to her arm the whole time.

Not combat applicable

Hmm actually i do think her base key should stay just simply for indexing her base without any assist from Senketsu.

Joseph619 said:
If it's not combat applicable, just put it in a bracket (not applicable for combat, as it takes a lot of time).
maybe put at least low as Mako's family stated she could heal faster than was expected.

If Iron Man doesn't get a Tony Stark key or Hulk get a Bruce Banner, I don't see why it's too necessary to have a BoS like Monarch said. Except Tony and Bruce are vastly more prevalent and relevent to those characters than BoS is to Ryuko.

However I'm open with what others want.

Im only open to it cause I like to see the growth/progression of BoS compared to EoS. that 9-B all the way to 6-B

but whatever.

Alright. Well I'll still try to get some input from Weekly regarding this.

If all else, then just put the non-combat applicable note for regen in that form.

I heavily agree with Fate on separating the powers by key as well.

It's just personal preference by their fans, theres no guidelines afterall.

Granted Ichigo doesnt have a BoS key either

I know you were just joking, but let's not derail this thread with irrelevent, unproductive "Which Anime Character is Better?" discussion please.

Okay that's 3 staff members, all of which quite knowledgable on this series, plus a few regular users fine with removing the key. I guess I'll do so then.

Okay I removed BoS Base Ryuko and separated her powers by key. I believe this is concluded. I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back