• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding our Standards for Multipliers

Percentages could just be names for forms, and not 100% perfectly accurate descriptors of the difference in power.

Although the way Izuku described the difference in power between 5% and 8% suggests that his power was actually multiplied by 1.6 times.

"Obviously small" could mean anything from a 1.1x power increase to a 4x power increase. We can't read their mind, so we shouldn't assume higher than we have to.

The difference between 5 and 8 is obviously 1.6, not 1.1, unless Izuku doesn't know math or something.

I'm fairly sure the author only said he used 1,000,000% to hype himself up, rather than all percentages being like that. [1]

Anyway, in his fight with bakugo it's said to be many levels above his 5% in terms of speed, but Deku confirms it's usually a minor increase after realising that it surpassed his usual 8%.

It's usually described and implied to be small, with a few exceptions like when he lifter the girder.

The difference between 5 and 8 is obviously 1.6, but the difference between a "five percent form" and "eight percent form" isn't necessarily 1.6, even if it is small.

His power could go exponentially as the percentage increases, or logarithmically, we can't assume it's linear, or that the percentage even accurately represents how much "energy" or whatever goes into that form.

EDIT: And if it has problems like "usually being small but sometimes not" on top of already not being explicit, I really don't want to take those percentages at face value.

Izuku's 5% and 8% form are just the same form but with different power, but I guess we still need more information about the percentages and how they increase his power.

MHA is still relatively new in the grand scheme of a battle shonen. Deku's percentage are only going to increase and give more insight in how they work. Perhaps wait till we get a much clearer understanding of the percentages?

I think it depends on series, if a character gets a form and it stated that his power is increase x time then we should use it for upgrading his strength and speed(only if it didn't sound like a massive outlier)

I think the approach should be straightforward. If the multiplier is stated in canon and does not contradict anything, we have no reason not to use them.

If the multiplier is not canon, or if a character states that he is 27,000 times stronger but his feats contradict it, then it's more than likely that he was just boasting. In that case, we should not use them.

We should accumulate all forms of Multipliers as possible and find a solution for them individually at first. Some multipliers in my eyes are so absurd in my eyes that even if we would individually look at them I would not be in agreement with it.

One example is: A character has some form of limiter put under him or is stated / states himself that whatever feat he has done was only a specific percentage of his power.

Now we have a calculated result from a feat and we have an apparent percentage about his remaining power.

Technically we now could have abuse that and upscale the calced result because it falls technically under a multiplier rule.

However that would be a crazy thing to do, given we dont know in which way his remaining percentages of power unfold.

-

As such: What form of Multipliers are you guys aware of. I would like to ask you to maybe @ me and list them - I would then propose a list of how to approach them.

I could give an example of a large multiplier if you wish and you can judge it here. Saves me time anyway.

Yeha sure, this thread way long overdue in my mind. The more people look at it the better. And the more separate forms of multipliers are introduced to a specific rule page regarding them the better for all the people who rely on these pages. Might be an effort but stops confusion in the long run.

Yeah like as said above, multipliers being used should be allowed but each multiplier should be looked at for if it fits logically.

DontTalkDT has told me that he can help out with writing a multipliers page after we have reached a conclusion here.

Once I get to a desktop I will write the examples in detail. But I like for us to actually have examples for this stuff. At least a list of accepted multipliers. That way people at least have an idea of what they need to do.

I am very exhausted, so I am not of much help with evaluating this. Sorry.

So in Ben 10, a character named Aggregor stated that Osmosians can only absorb 1/10th of a being's abilities. Kevin 11's abilities were stated to be 1/10th as strong as the originals very early in the series. This would make Way Big 10x stronger than Ultimate Kevin, and it would be consistent with his own feats.

Is this an acceptable multiplier?

@Dragon

That's acceptable imo.

Actually, yes and no. Right now we are listing possible example that can be used for the Multipliers thread.

Thanks for these two examples. I dont think this thread is meant to evaluate specific instances of multipliers for series to upgrade or downgrade. They are more meant to showcase the several different kind of multipliers out there, how they sometimes are accompanied by evidence, supporting events during the series and that sometimes these things are not present.

For example the Digimon upgrade strikes me not as just a multiplier, but is in actuality a plot driven unfolding which fits into an actual narrative. It has a different weight on the story and as such should be treated differently than for example mere upgrade multipliers which have no further explanation.

That is one form of multiplier we can maybe put our finger on: Story driven and in-detail explained multipliers who get supported by later feats to underline the credibility.

Whether we accept them is still a case by case situation but its at least something where we are handed something to work with.

Deku's percentages are actually extremely consistent.

5% scales from a 0.80 tons feat

8% should be 1.28 tons and scales from being a bit less than 1.81 tons.

100% should be 16 tons and scales from being superior to 12.24 tons.

1000000% was stated by the author to just be 100% on adrenaline rush, so that doesn't count.

This could be a good example for multipliers supported by feats.

How about these for our 5 basic types of multipliers

• Multipliers that are just random numbers thrown around without any weight, context or consistency behind it. (Insert example here. These are likely the ones that result in a big no)
  • Multipliers that are stated, but are contradicted by feats. (Insert example here. Also not accepted ones)
  • Multipliers which are very simple and to the point that are also logically sound. (Nanatsu no Taizai and MHA. The One and One for All multipliers)
  • Multipliers that are reasonably displayed through feats (The God of High School Jin Mo-Ri multiplier and Ben 10 multiplier)
  • Multipliers that are not only consistent with feats, but show importance to the overall plot, lore, etc (File Island to Folder Continent Digimon multiplier)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How about these for our 5 basic types of multipliers
  • Multipliers that are just random numbers thrown around without any weight, context or consistency behind it. (Insert example here. These are likely the ones that result in a big no)
  • Multipliers that are stated, but are contradicted by feats. (Insert example here. Also not accepted ones)
  • Multipliers which are very simple and to the point that are also logically sound. (Nanatsu no Taizai and MHA. The One and One for All multipliers)
  • Multipliers that are reasonably displayed through feats (The God of High School Jin Mo-Ri multiplier and Ben 10 multiplier)
  • Multipliers that are not only consistent with feats, but show importance to the overall plot, lore, etc (File Island to Folder Continent Digimon multiplier)
I like the approach. We can use that initial suggestion to build a case for it. Good job.

@Dragonmasterxyz

I think that seems like a good suggestion.

Of course the wording may have to be fixed here and there, but this allows us to have a base for our Multipliers page.

@Dragonmasterxyz

You can ask DontTalkDT if he has further suggestions to add to your intended structure.

Perhaps we can talk about specific verses after the multipliers page is made.

Question if this is Legit:

• A Bunny girl in her Super Form is "ten thousand of times" more powerful than a Crystal who have created a Galaxy (the main vilain said it and two chapter later, he throw easily a galaxy...)
If i understand correctly, if this statelmate isn't contradicted, it's good?

I already know how the multipliers would affect the dbz profiles, the controversy is not the ap but can be found in the speed, but i'm neutral about it.

The Causality said:
Question if this is Legit:
  • A Bunny girl in her Super Form is "ten thousand of times" more powerful than a Crystal who have created a Galaxy (the main vilain said it and two chapter later, he throw easily a galaxy...)
If i understand correctly, if this statelmate isn't contradicted, it's good?
Unless suported by feats or plot, I don't think statement alone is enough

Back