• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding our Standards for Multipliers

YungManzi said:
This is an important issue.
Especially for me and Litentric working on the KHR revisions.

The verse has consistent multipliers and up-scailing which would upgrade a lot of them from 7-A to at least High 7-A and the god tier would be 6-C.
Well that is basically proving my previous worry and point .

I would assume the calcs are what would be multiplied. Either way I am neutral overall. Although wouldn't calc stacking come into play?

I think we had a different thread for calc stacking some day ago. But thats also something we should really take a new approach on, yeha.

MHA and NNT multipliers seems harmless. For Yu Yu Hakusho i remember a thread that said that the Top-God Tiers should be High 6-B-High 6-A from the difference to Sensui to Prime Raizen, but it was rejected.

Another controversial multipliers are the transformations [Look and Frieza and Aizen for example as char. with many transformations] boost and the oneshot boost [I have seen cases of characters that oneshots a character after he transformed and said i get stronger by every minutes like with Ganos and Roshi].

For the getting stronger every minute, unless we knew exactly how much stronger he got each minute I don't know how we would qualify that.

Yes and fortunately with the new revision the range from High 4-C to 4-B got increased, so their current tier is fine.

I personally think that multipliers said by the character themselves in order to boast themselves shouldn't be accepted.

"Normal" multipliers (like rise of power level or statement from WoG or knowledgeable characters) should only be accepted if they have feats (scaled or not) that can at least come close to their supposed power level. I'm neutral about giving it if it doesn't contradict anything but it's also supported by nothing.

Multipliers that come from logical conclusions should be generally accepted. Let's assume a character divided himself in two parts, each with equal power. If one of these two characters has a 1 Petaton feat, we can reasonably assume that the original character is 2 Petatons. Obviously we need to be sure that the two halves have equal power, but as long as it's not inconsistent, it should be accepted.

I mean there is still ZERO reason not to accept the multipliers that are in a guide book in which Toriyama says the writers know more about the series than him.

I do believe consistent multiplier should be accepted. To me, multiplier said by another character, a knowledgeable one, is more reliable than the one said by the character themselves.

You know if this got accepted, Madoka and other few characters could jumps tier from 5-B to 4-A at the lowest lowball.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
You know if this got accepted, Madoka and other few characters could jumps tier from 5-B to 4-A at the lowest lowball.
99% Sure they wouldn't if it is

Actually thinking people who use the strikethrough for thousands of reasons can understand one

Not really derailing since you brought up a multiplier.

I'm actually curious since that would be consistent

Well, I'm not the best one to explain this, but Madoka did consistently getting stronger each times Homura travels back in time due the whole Karmic Destiny thing. (it also has been stated by Incubator who are pretty knowledgeable about MM verse).

Madoka went from 7-C (Her very first atttack stats) to 7-B then went from 7-B to 6-C, then went from 6-C to 5-C for one shotting Wal. There are also the unexplored 96 resets too.

While her getting stronger is consistent, the multiplier number keeps getting bigger from each reset.

That really isn't relevant here, as there are no actual multipliers stated or anything.

So it basically all comes down to a case by case basis.

I guess we should just write that if a verse has multipliers it must be evaluated first since different verses don't treat multipliers the same as each other and if it would cause any inconsistency in the verse itself.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So, how about this?
"For multipliers that grant incredibly large boosts from hundred to even thousands, there must be a significant amount of evidence showing the consistency of these multipliers for them to be accepted"

Wording could use some work, but eh.
Could I have an opinion on this?

I know, but that's important for verses like GoHS which has a whopping 250,000x multiplier. lol

In my opinion for small multipliers it should be enough if the character has clear implications of being superior to his previous self, example stomping a character he was previously on par with.

What happens with character like Izuku who use percentages? He described the difference in power between 5% to 8% as obviously small, so it should be fine to use the percentages of One For All as multipliers? For example 8% being 1.6 times stronger than 5%, or 20% being 2.5 times stronger than 8%.

As long as he has implications of being stronger, IE overpowers characters who were comparable/equal to his 5% then yea it should be fine IMO.

Bleach regularly uses multipliers of 5-10 several times throughout the series for different aspects of characters, would this mean we could further look into the potential usage of most of them given how small the numbers are?

@Therefir

Iirc the mangaka for My Hero said that the percentages were just Deku hyping himself up.

He would'nt actually be fighting at 1 millon percent power.

I think you misinterpreted what he said, but Deku was only using the 100% plus the adrenaline, which according to Izuku's doctor increased his power by 25%, also there is a clear difference in power between 5% and 8%.

Back