• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Narakus tier / the Shikon Jewels tier

RavenSupreme

VS Battles
Retired
As some of you know i am recently trying to re-evaluate the InuYasha profiles (albeit very slowly). As such some changes on Sesshoumarus and Narakus profiles have already been made.

Recently I stumbled upon these two threads.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1306299

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1013361

which tackle the situation how to Tier a character who exists outside the regular defined boundaries of space and time. Usually characters who qualify are tiered between 3A up to - very rarely - 1A.

-

A device in the InuYasha Verse was confirmed to transcent both space and time on panel

and its very first feat on panel was, while existing in the present time, causing a demon from 500 years in the past to ressurect and regenerate by just being in its general vicinity and allowing it to travel in time , dragging another person with it.

It also is able to erase such time traveling devices and trap people between the past, the now and the future inside the jewel itself

Additionally it created a paradoxon/acausal event, where a man-eating mask could exist for centuries with a shikon fragment implanted in it despite the original Shikon Jewel was still complete and inside Kagomes body .Yet both, the shattered fragment inside the demon as well as the complete unshattered Jewel existed parallel to each other, occupying the same space in time.

It later erases itself out of existance , despite itself actually existing outside space and time to begin with.

-

Naraku near EOS has bound his consciousness, his will, his soul, his heart and his very being to the device, when he merged with it

-

Neithe the device nor Naraku have showcases any flashy destruction which would warrant Tierscalings in the 2-1 range under regular circumstances, since that usually is attributed with a clear Attack Potency like a punch or blast.

However the feats and events i linked are often found in the tiers 1-2 as well, seeing as its not only whether one can destroy something with a flashy attack but potency also stems from being able to either withstand or affect something on such a magnitude / existing on such a level at all.

-

So my questions are the following:

1. How do we treat this in terms of Tierscaling?

2. Would Naraku, who has completely merged himself with the Jewel benefit from the Tier we assign it with? Naraku as of now Merged with the Jewel simply has "likely much higher" as his second key.

3. Should the Device (Shikon Jewel) get its own page?

-

Anyone having some input?

Edit: i am not asking to randomly assign tier 2 to naraku or the device, that would be nonsensical. i want to know how characters are tiered who do not qualify for a certain tiering in their raw power but share exotic traits and forms of existance with characters who do so.

It doesn't say it transcends space in time, just that it has time travel stuff and time manipulation. Even if it was stated to transcend space and time that doesn't mean much without feats supporting something in Tier 2, which it doesn't have.

Promestein said:
It doesn't say it transcends space in time, just that it has time travel stuff and time manipulation. Even if it was stated to transcend space and time that doesn't mean much without feats supporting something in Tier 2, which it doesn't have.
I added some feats. Mainly the time paradoxon/acausal one.

bumping this. and to make it more clear, i am not asking to randomly assign tier 2 to naraku or the device, that would be nonsensical. i want to know how characters are tiered who do not qualify for a certain tiering in their raw power but share exotic traits and forms of existance with characters who does so.

Back