• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Cell being a Solar System buster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked to see Fat Buu at 4A when u wrote it lol

...I blame it on SwiftKey's auto-correct algorithm.

@Kav

Fixed it because I don't know if Everlasting is still online. Fat Buu | Kid Buu | Super Buu | Buuhan is now High 4-B | 4-A | 4-A | High 4-A.

I'm still online, but I question what we consider High 4-B and High 4-A. I usually just use "At least" instead.

High 4-B is the power to destroy one solar system many, many times over, but not enough to destroy two at the same time.

High 4-A is simply the power to destroy a loooooot of solar systems, at once.

@ Azathoth & TE: Current Buu ratings are fine.

@ TE: Gap between 4-B and 4-A is ~25k times, between 4-A and 3-C, even more so. High 4-B and High 4-A are to highlight that distinction between characters of the same tier.

Hmm...I want to hear Imago's opinion on the recent stat changes.

Did you guys use this scan for Buu's upgrade or something else? This is from the sub version of Kai, the same as the manga. I know the dub said Buu destroyed galaxy, but sub says only several hundred planets

12096015 873448516109909 5903834093188649444 n

The very fact that they show a galaxy being destroyed in the background is more than enough proof.

Also, "several hundred planets" is only one of the possible translations of the word Hoshi (Which is the Japanese catch-all term for celestial bodies/planets and stars), so it could have also been referring to stars.

^not saying it isn't , but just posting what the sub says. i have no problem with the upgrade. u might want to add a little note for buu that the feat is based on visual destruction, not statement. that would prevent confusion for many

Because both the manga and sub directly says several hundred planets and it's contradictory to the visual representation. Buu destroyed a lot more than just a few hundred stars (or planets, whatever the real translation may be).. dbz threads create lots of chaos and I thought it would be good to be specific,Just a suggestio nothing more

Well...personally I don't see Cell being close to Solar System at all, not to mention Buu's supposed galaxy busting feat taking place over hundreds of years, or maybe even more. Even then, it can be considered an outlier.

But...I doubt I'll make a change in this argument. It's just that I find the recent Dragon Ball upgrades kind of wanking.

Buu's galaxy busting feat did NOT take place over several centuries, Buu was only free for a few years, nothing more.

Also, why don't you see Cell being close to Solar System level at all?

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Well...personally I don't see Cell being close to Solar System at all, not to mention Buu's supposed galaxy busting feat taking place over hundreds of years, or maybe even more. Even then, it can be considered an outlier.

But...I doubt I'll make a change in this argument. It's just that I find the recent Dragon Ball upgrades kind of wanking.
Is there any particular reason you feel that way?

1. I disagreed with Cell's statement, and made a calc to debunk it. The calc's premise was invalidated in Super, hence I must conform to the secondary canon material, as it is no longer contradictory to the primary material.

2. Even if Buu's feat took centuries, that still makes him 4-A.

Alright, alright. I am not an expert on DBZ, or have any interest whatsoever in it. That was just my thoughts- nothing that'll matter.

This is why I didn't want to go into this thread.

Then why did you come or bother trying to present an argument if your knowledge on the material is lacking and you have no interst in the franchise? Kinda strange honestly.

Micah007123 said:
Then why did you come or bother trying to present an argument if your knowledge on the material is lacking and you have no interst in the franchise? Kinda strange honestly.
Because Kav told me to.

ImagoDesattrolante said:
Alright, alright. I am not an expert on DBZ, or have any interest whatsoever in it. That was just my thoughts- nothing that'll matter.
Why state your opinion then list off the reasons why it isn't credible?

Vegehan said:
ImagoDesattrolante said:
Why state your opinion then list off the reasons why it isn't credible?
Look at the above reply.

@Micah, GTGoku & Vegehan: I specifically asked for Imago to lend an opinion. I trust that's not a problem with any of you?

Lord Kavpeny said:
@Micah, GTGoku & Vegehan: I specifically asked for Imago to lend an opinion. I trust that's not a problem with any of you?
Now that I know the full context it's no problem at all. Just seemed strange at first that he would comment if he has no interest in the series.

If, as I think Faisal Shourov said, the animation and what is mentioned about Buu contradict each other, I agree that it would probably be best to state that this is based on the animation of Buu destroying a galaxy in the footnotes. It would also be good if somebody could find the video clip. Thank you.

Antvasima said:
If, as I think Faisal Shourov said, the animation and what is mentioned about Buu contradict each other, I agree that it would probably be best to state that this is based on the animation of Buu destroying a galaxy in the footnotes. It would also be good if somebody could find the video clip. Thank you.
The video clip is here, starting at 9:45. same as the manga

http://*********.tv/dragon-ball-kai-2014-episode-9

Hmm, there is some glitch preventing me from playing the video. Is there a Youtube version available?

Antvasima said:
Hmm, there is some glitch preventing me from playing the video. Is there a Youtube version available?
Dragon Ball Kai 2014 Episode 9 EngSub
Dragon Ball Kai 2014 Episode 9 EngSub

move to 5:46
btw, was the galaxy busting actually shown in super flashback?

Okay. We can clearly see the galaxy being destroyed in that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back