• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Cell being a Solar System buster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Micah, GTGoku: Cool.

@Antvasima: Hmm...I wonder though, adding a note specifically to Buu's page might be way too localized for visitors, and they might be confused by the stat discrepancy of other characters compared to their Cell saga stats.

Perhaps we should add the 4-A explanation note to the Verse page instead?

Perhaps, although my experience is that people will ask questions about these kind of things unless the answer is featured in the specific page that they visit at the time.

Meaning: It does not hurt to add the end note to the Verse page, but it probably helps even more to feature it in the Buu, Gohan, Goku, Gotenks, and Vegeta pages as well.

In addition, we later also need to remove or modify the previous end section notes for the Db Movies and DBGT character pages.

@Faisal No, Buu's galaxy destruction has not been shown in a Super flashback, but I have heard that other elements from Kai have been referenced, and regardless, it is the most recent canon.

I have now inserted the following footnote into the Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Buu, Gotenks, and Dragon Ball (Verse) pages:

"Please note that we are aware of the massive power difference between the Cell Saga and the Buu Saga. The profiles go by the most recent canon, which includes Dragon Ball Kai, in which Kid Buu was visually shown to have destroyed a galaxy over time. In order to do this, he would need to be 4-A, thus leading to the sudden power discrepancy."

Antvasima said:
@Faisal No, Buu's galaxy destruction has not been shown in a Super flashback, but I have heard that other elements from Kai have been referenced, and regardless, it is the most recent canon.
no big deal, gregory is in DBS and gregory is non canon. and by introducing the gods they have already retconned the power level of eoz. so whatever the case, DBS is not direct canon from the manga

btw, can you please tell me what other element from kai was mentioned in DBS?

Only Gregory that I remember being mentioned to me, but it is possible that there are other elements that I forgot. Regardless, DBZ Kai is the most recent canon, and the power levels shown within it are more compatible with DB Super, so it makes more sense to use it.

Regardless. Have we come to a full conclusion on upgrades in this thread? Because if we have I don't see why discussion needs to continue.

Well, it might be good to keep the thread open for a while longer, in case people have something important to add.

For example, I don't think that we have anything to gauge Goten's and Kid Trunks' individual scale of power by, so it might be best to place their tiers as "Unknown".

Right. I forgot that they fought Android 18.

Antvasima said:
Right. I forgot that they fought Android 18.
well.. she wasnt having any real trouble, she was just baffled that a suppposedly normal fighter could stand up like that to her in a fight, she never expected a superhuman+ opponent

tbh if she was serious, she would have oneshot them like she wrecked ssj vegeta

or at least one shot them with effort

I know it's not a thread related to speed, but let's not forget one thing when we will start the speed in the android saga. Before we even saw an android Vegeta was already training at 400 G.

Jeune fou said:
I know it's not a thread related to speed, but let's not forget one thing when we will start the speed in the android saga. Before we even saw an android Vegeta was already training at 400 G.
The gravity formula or calculating speed soley based on gravity cannot be used

Welp, Since things are now updated. Better watch out what people from other vs forums say about this and might always talk badly about us or trying to came trolling here.

Undylan said:
Welp, Since things are now updated. Better watch out what people from other vs forums say about this and might always talk badly about us or trying to came trolling here.
Just show them this picture, there is nothing they can do to downplay it

Piccolo blast speed (1)

In my opinion,Goten/Trunks > Piccolo,When Vegeta dies,Piccolo tells Krillin that Goten and Trunks as the only warriors left that can save everyone and this is before he learn about fusion,Daizenshuu also stated SSJ Goten to have a power not much inferior than SSJ Gohan,SSJ Trunks also was able to spar with SSJ Vegeta and actually landed a single hit and theres also the fact that Trunks didnt get any major injuries when Vegeta angrily punch him when Trunks hitted him.

FanofRPGs said:
Undylan said:
Just show them this picture, there is nothing they can do to downplay it
Piccolo blast speed (1)
I Would meant Cell and other characters powerful then him being updated to 4-A

Antvasima said:
Well, given that DBZ Kai is referenced in Dragon Ball Super, this seems to be the current canon that we should work from. Since Buu destroyed a galaxy in this series, I have no problems whatsoever seeing Cell as a solar system buster and scaling other characters from that.
Buu destroyed a galaxy over time. And just because DBZ Kai is referenced that doesn't make what was originally filler canon.

can anybody please tell me what else other than Gregory was mentioned in DBS that makes Kai canon over the manga? I know Kai is recent material but I saw that Bleach movie was not accepted canon despite Ichigo referring to a place which was never shown in the manga

Isn't Kai the same as that bleach movie?

Well, Mister Satan's helpers were apparently also the same in Kai and Super, and unlike single movies that are hard to fit into continuity, Kai is an entire coherent canon, in which the power levels (and storyline) are much more compatible with Dragon Ball Super. My current impression is that they are intended to be a single coherent canon.

Antvasima said:
Well, Mister Satan's helpers were apparently also the same in Kai and Super, and unlike single movies that are hard to fit into continuity, Kai is an entire coherent canon, in which the power levels (and storyline) are much more compatible with Dragon Ball Super. My current impression is that they are intended to be a single coherent canon.
Are those small elements enough to justify for canonification of Kai over the manga? Especially since the galaxy busting scene itself was not shown in DBS. I have read the Bleach thread and it was almost exactly the same scenario. We're accepting small things from Kai but not from movies. The fillers of Kai are still non-canon to manga. The person who made the Bleach thread also said that Bleach movie was supervised by Kubo. You see how these two threads parallel right? I have no problem with Kai, just making sure Bleach doesn't get injustice.

Well, as I said, the difference is that the Bleach movie is a single occurrence that is hard to fit into continuity, much like the Dragon Ball movies, and that the power levels shown in Dragon Ball Super come out of nowhere othervise. DBZ Kai and DB Super seem to fit together more or less seamlessly in comparison, whereas the Dragon Ball movies or Bleach movies do not.

Also, you are looking for absolute consistency when no such thing exists here or elsewhere. We just try to evaluate on a case by case basis.

Anyway, since this thread is done and starting to diverge off-topic, I am closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back