• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 4

"Heh, well that's fine then" Crunkledunk turns himself to a height 1 metre taller than Fujin. "By the way, we have important things to discuss- small one. To do with the new president"

I heave a sigh, getting up from the bed where I lay.

"Ah ... how much I hate this place," I mutter, then leave the building.

"Megalith ... today you'll do something you've never done in ten thousand years ... drink alcohol," I exclaim, heading to the nearest bar.

"Of course, anytime." Kyouka responds to Fujin before turning to Crunkledunk

"If you are talking about him sending people to eliminate us due to him being controlled by an entity similar to the one that empowers us, then I am already aware."

Fujin just listens. She doesnt really know that much about he whole situation as she was taking pictures of Beach King and his gang most of the time.

"Then considering our main priority from the beginning is realising this mystery I say we have to investigate him- I've also been looking at my surveillance and one of the super powered ones is with him currently. Even Nicholas wasn't able to keep an idea of what he is, so we have to wait for his move. Remember when we were given more powers? Remember how we were given them so as to prepare us for dangers in the future? Remember how we were given them just are pins the time a new temporary president was selected? Of course it could always be correlation not causation, but we should really keep an eye on this elusive fellow. That why I should do this" Crunkledunk adds Kyouka and Marggart to the telepathic link. " Oh by the way, did you see the new thing I did?"

"Yeah I guess investigating or keeping an eye on him would be for the best all things considered. Which new thing are you referring to by the way?"

Kyouka looks to Fujin

"I'm sorry you must be confused, after the last president was assassinated a new one was given the position. The new president happens to have powers as well and is controlled by an entity that wants to eliminate the people who use their powers for selfish reasons which includes a few of us." She explains to the bird

"Oh you haven't heard? Well let me put on the news" Crunkledunk proceeds with the aforementioned action

Tago238 said:
All around the world news coverage on the world's new "richest person" has been widespread.According to public statements new factories and enterprises are being built for this enigmatic creature. The assets will apparently be used for technology manufacture and distribution, apparently for the purposes of mass production for the puclics sake. Other sources have also said that in countries where it is legal, technology with the purpose of combat is being produced. However, this is not the only thing strange about this case. Locals have provided statements that other projects appear to be in progress, despite the fact that according to official statememts "no projects have yet to be forwarded". This unusual case is frightening people all over the globe. According to the officials responsible for the current development it appears that these new enterprises has now a released name "Crunkle industries""

"Make yourself more obvious why don't you." Nicholas thinks to himself as one of the armors witness this announcement.

"It is rather unfortunate, some of the people who are being targeted have left the building so they might end up in danger. I don't believe you or the other beach kings were on the list of targets however." Kyouka informs Fujin

"Oh, that's what you were referring to, that's certainly an interesting character development for you, I guess staying out of the public eye wasn't on your list of priorities." She says to Crunkledunk

Alexander directs the drug trade in order to make as much money as possible from Detroit. After setting up a few things, he is poised to make large amounts of money profiting from what he's taken so far. However, suddenly a odd looking woman appears.

"You've done pretty well for yourself here, haven't you?"

Alexander raises an eyebrow.

"Who are you? Something tells me you aren't just somebody looking for a quick fix of drugs."

"Well, I'm here to congratulate you on a job well done. You've taken so much for yourself in so little time, and I can respect that. It's too bad there are people who definitely don't like you doing what you believe in."

Alexander gets up from his chair and starts pacing

"What do you mean by that? You wouldn't happen to be saying someone is after me, would you?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying. The President himself is after you specifically."

Alexander stops pacing.

"And what if I say I don't trust you?"

"You and I both know trust is a fool's solace. Either way I can't let someone like you slip out of my grasp."

Before he can react, the woman takes out a knife and stabs him, causing him to disappear.

"You're under my protection now."

The woman proceeds to disappear without a trace.

One of Nicholas' armors is looking through his systems, both observation and tracking for various purposes.

Suddenly, an alert appears on his screen.

"So, one down, huh." He thinks to himself, replaying the events that occurred leading to Alexander disappearing.

He looks through his systems to check if any other anomalous activity has occurred anywhere in the world.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I made a small shadow chair and sit on it.

"Well, I met this girl and we got married. Then she got killed by this golem organization. We didn't spend a lot of time together but I really did care for her."
"I'm... sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say. I'm sure she was great."

how'd he get married that quick though...

"Well, it seems one of the people summoned here has vanished and another user of the same "blue" power has shown themselves." He explains.

I look down.

"Yeah..."

She wouldn't want me to be wallowing in sadness like this.

I shake my head and get up.

"So, how has your day been?"

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Well, it seems one of the people summoned here has vanished and another user of the same "blue" power has shown themselves." He explains.
"Should we be worried about that?"

DragonEmperor23 said:
I look down.

"Yeah..."

She wouldn't want me to be wallowing in sadness like this.

I shake my head and get up.

"So, how has your day been?"
"Well, it hasn't been as eventful as yours. I guess it's nice for anyone to have someone to talk to though."

@Drite

Ruby orders one of the same drinks as the ones Dilma had took

She then nods at the white mage.

"I guess it's now my turn now ..."

The firemancer breathes in, then starts.

'Backstory (Heavy)'
"It all started when i was around 11, maybe 12, i don't remember clearly, it was a night like any other, mom was at work, while i was at home having dinner with dad, when suddently some bursted in ..."
"Before either of us could do anything, there was a lound "bang" ... as my father fell on the ground ... a bullet hole in-between his eyes ..."

"... I still remember clearly the shock on his face."

Ruby then drink the cocktail, which had just arrived, in one gulp.

"This ... this then leads to me being kidnapped ... and being trasported to the Lab."

"The only word i can use to describe that place is "dread", everything there being either a shade of grey or black, with the the man that trapped me there being even more dreadfull, to not talk of his robotic guards."

Ruby then suddenly stops stalking for a second, but then resumes.

"I wasn't the only person there, the scientist had kidnapped several other children alongside me, branding us all with a mark for reasons that i still don't understand."

The fire magician says, while pointing at the red mark on her shoulder.

"He holded us in cages, berelly around three meters in size, feeding us what i can only assume was dog food."

"and just when i tought it couldn't get worse, it did, the experiments started."

"Seemingly at random time intervals, we were one-by-one bringer out of the cages and forcefully injected chemical substance, which had effects on me that varied between warping my vision and allucinations to immense pain and blood vomiting."

Ruby takes a brathe, also orders another drink.

"This went on for i don't even know how long, but luckily for me, it seems i was the lab rat for the less intense stuff, only suffering minor stuff like change of hair color to pink or mood changes, while many of the others died or worse."

"Now you may be wondering, "How did you menage to escape ?", and the responce is that the scientist didn't realize the effects of what how was doing, with some of the more deformed test subjects growing strong enought to break free from the restrained he had put on them ..."

"Once that happened, he was a dead man ... blood spraining everywhere as he got his guts eaten alive before his robot could do anything to save him."

"Then, in the insuing chaos of the conflict between the metallic guards and the mutated subjects, i and a couple others that were remained relativelly normal menaged to sneak away from the complex."

The second cocktail arrives, which Ruby take in her hand, but doesn't drink it, just kinda look at it.

"Once out, we each went different ways, as we had vastly different idea on what to do."

"I myself just searched help, which i lead me to an horfanage, that followed several years of people tring and very miserably failing to "fix" me, at which point i left and started aimlesly wondering around, desperatly tring to find a way to return my life to normality, which wasn't going well."
Ruby finishes telling her story at Dilma, as she then turns towards her.

"The time i've spent with you sure was a lot better than i could have ever hoped to get"

The pink haired girl says with a warm smile on, but with clear to see sadness in her eyes.

I sigh.

"Of all the places there were, just that?", I murmur, seeing both Ruby and Dilma inside the bar thanks to my X-ray vision.

I take a deep breath and then open the door and enter.

I walk towards the counter, ignoring the two and sitting down.

"Bartender ... the strongest liquor you have ... and give me the bottle, without ... questions", I say.

The man gives me a strange look and then shrugs and puts a glass together with a bottle of vodka.

I pour into the glass and drink all in one breath.

"Bha, horrid", I whisper.

The support, that previous had a smile in her face, looked at the Pyromancer with a sad face and quickly hugged her

"I'm sorry that you had to remember that Ruby. I didn't know that you lived such a nightmare before all of this"

[By the way @Exodus, it's a shame you aren't on Discord, but it'd be nice if you could explain Out of Character exactly what you intend to do with First Folio, because I'm not sure and Nicholas would know]

DragonEmperor23 said:
Well, it's good to know that not everyone had a bad day.

"Right. So, did you hear anything from the other Beach King?"
"Nope. But wow, now that I think about it, a lot happened today."

"Yeah, we were dropped in here all of a sudden with these incredible powers. There's so many things I can do that I'm not sure what to do. Well, that was what I was thinking before I met you and the other guy. Now, I have a goal. Protect the beaches and the people in them. I've found that it has been a great help at keeping me stable."

"You're not wrong. Being able to so easily change the lives of the people around on you on such a massive scale...it's kind of terrifying."

Back