• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red like whip cracks (ruby rose vs Johnny Test) 7-0-1

Also
Ruby has been training in combat since childhood and was personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters in the world to wield what Ozpin, a man who has been around for millennia and over the course of his life has personally overseen the training of hundreds of armies worth of huntsmen and huntresses all of whom had their own personal unique weapons, described as one of the most dangerous weapons ever created. Even at Signal Academy, the combat school she attended before Beacon, her training from Qrow put her far beyond her peers, a level of skill which led Ozpin to accept her into Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat colleges in the world, two years before the usual age of admittance. While at Beacon, Ruby developed skills as a decisive leader, being able to formulate and execute plans with others in order to take down tougher foes, such as the giant Nevermore the team encountered during initiation, and later in coordinated attacks against Roman in an Atlesian Paladin-290. Ruby's fighting capitalizes on her creative uses of and methods for achieving momentum, using a combination of her Semblance and Crescent Rose's recoil to allow her to achieve massive impact force, then speeding away to avoid counterattacks and prepare her next strike, maintaining an edge over her opponent and keeping them constantly off balance.
I've already said that Ruby holds the skill advantage.

Season 4, Episode 55 "Johnny Test in 3D"
Time Stamp: 14:20. I don't know if the episodes come individually or in segments. But I used the Time Stamp for when it's in segments (I.e. Episode 55A, Episode 55B)

Also
Ruby has been training in combat since childhood and was personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters in the world to wield what Ozpin, a man who has been around for millennia and over the course of his life has personally overseen the training of hundreds of armies worth of huntsmen and huntresses all of whom had their own personal unique weapons, described as one of the most dangerous weapons ever created. Even at Signal Academy, the combat school she attended before Beacon, her training from Qrow put her far beyond her peers, a level of skill which led Ozpin to accept her into Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat colleges in the world, two years before the usual age of admittance. While at Beacon, Ruby developed skills as a decisive leader, being able to formulate and execute plans with others in order to take down tougher foes, such as the giant Nevermore the team encountered during initiation, and later in coordinated attacks against Roman in an Atlesian Paladin-290. Ruby's fighting capitalizes on her creative uses of and methods for achieving momentum, using a combination of her Semblance and Crescent Rose's recoil to allow her to achieve massive impact force, then speeding away to avoid counterattacks and prepare her next strike, maintaining an edge over her opponent and keeping them constantly off balance.

As for Ruby's skill again.
Since volume 8 Ruby has the added skill of being personally trained by and then outskilling the Ace Ops. For reference, Atlas Academy's vetting process is canonically more strict than Beacon's due to it being a military school on top of a Huntsman academy, so they only accept the best of the best. All of the members of the Ace Ops graduated top of their class from Atlas Academy, meaning that they are quite literally the best of the best of the best. Ruby not only outmatched Harriet Bree, but scales to the rest of her team in skill who also outmatched members of the Ace ops, Elm in particular is canonically the most skilled person out of all the ace ops, with Clover being the only member ranked above her in combat solely due to his semblance rather than outright skill and Yang outmatched her in skill.

Ruby at this point also scales to people who can beat match Velvet Scarlatina in a cqc fight, with Velvet being able to copy and perfectly utilize any fighting style she sees and utilize any weapons people she sees use with identical proficiency.

She Has has freezing and lightning aoe bullets to help her win and her semblance makes her intangible and faster

I know
but jhonny is also really smart,and he can get close to her with tp

he is better at h2h combat+tp+regen,i think jhonny takes this
Ruby has battled hand to hand fighters more skilled with her weapon and her at least class K lifting strength will let her keep her weapon on hand so he can't get rid of her weapon. Her semblance basically just counters his attacks and TP via turning into molecules to fly and become intangible and his Regen is just "High-Low, can quickly recover from critically damaged body parts. He has been seen wearing a cast" I don't see how that can help him from getting frozen to death or getting hit by lightning aoe attacks from her dust bullets also he can't live getting cut in half as the AP different is just 3 times and that's not enough for a stomp

Ruby has battled hand to hand fighters more skilled with her weapon and her at least class K lifting strength will let her keep her weapon on hand so he can't get rid of her weapon. Her semblance basically just counters his attacks and TP via turning into molecules to fly and become intangible and his Regen is just "High-Low, can quickly recover from critically damaged body parts. He has been seen wearing a cast" I don't see how that can help him from getting frozen to death or getting hit by lightning aoe attacks from her dust bullets also he can't live getting cut in half as the AP different is just 3 times and that's not enough for a stomp
well then i change my vote then

ruby fra

Stealth Mastery, Acrobatics, and TP gives Johnny enough mobility to keep up with Ruby. Johnny can think of a plan to get rid if the Scythe. He's more than smart enough to do that. I do agree his High-low regen needs better justification, but it's still there. Reattaching lost limbs is a part of High-low regen. That's good enough to survive Ruby's attacks. Johnny's not getting sliced in half anytime soon.

I won't be able to respond quick enough, as I'm at school right now. So don't be shocked if it takes me forever to respond.

This is a tough one.

Johnny holds a 3.19 times AP advantage at the start, but that gap starts to close when Ruby starts to use her Gravity Dust. Add on Ruby's Aura and range advantage and that makes her a hard opponent for Johnny to take down.

But, Ruby's range comes from a Sniper Rifle, so Johnny could find a way to dodge it (if he can), and get a good hit on Ruby, since he's technically a better hand-to-hand fighter than Ruby (which is kind of funny). Plus his Teleportation should help him get up close and personal with Ruby, despite the massive disadvantage he has in Range. This would play well in Johnny's favor, since Ruby's weakness is hand-to-hand combat.

Johnny also has better regen, and with that AP gap he has, he would also be hard to take down. He should also resist Ruby's Fire and Ice elements as well.

Ruby has her lightning dust, which would paralyze Johnny and would likely giver her the win. But I'm not sure if she uses that right off the bat or in character.

Johnny has Intangibility, but that gets countered by Ruby's Intangibility.

Johnny's Causality Manip would give him the win, but he doesn't use that in character.

Until someone can make me lean towards one of them, I'm going Incon. They both have too many counters for each other. Unless if I'm analyzing this wrong. Until then, my votes for Incon.
Hmm...

I don't know if Johnny would be able to take down Ruby before she uses her lightning. Though, if Johnny realizes he's at a disadvantage, he could use his Intangibility to avoid getting by the lightning. But the moment he gets with that lightning its GG.

Ruby using that would catch Johnny off guard at first, but he should be able to adapt to it. Johnny's definitely not a genius, and he is reckless, but he's a quick thinker and has outsmarted geniuses on a handful of occasions. So he can find a way to counter that.
In the very beginning of the fight, Johnny has the advantage.

When Ruby uses her semblance and dust is when she has the upper hand.

Then Johnny uses his most powerful hax to win or Ruby uses her lightning dust to secure the win.

This can literally go either way. Which is why I go for Incon.

He has outsmarted literal geniuses on a handful of occasions. Him being "dumb" stems from his laziness and hatred for school.

It's been shown many times throughout the show that when Johnny actually puts effort into things and actually thinks, he can be pretty smart when he wants to.
These are the points I've made.

Johnny will realize he's at a disadvantage when Ruby's using her Semblance and Dust, and he'll start using his most powerful hax to try and take the W. Johnny seeing that he has no other counter for Ruby's increase in power and Sniper Rifle will start using his most powerful hax. Either that, or Ruby uses Lightning Dust to finish him off.

That's why I said Incon. Ruby can either use her Lightning Dust to finish the job, or Johnny, realizing he's at a disadvantage, will use Intangibility or Causality Manip to take the W.

Back