• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red like whip cracks (ruby rose vs Johnny Test) 7-0-1

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and Johnny has none of his sisters inventions, both are in character and both are 7-C (Base johnny Test vs vol 8-9 Ruby rose)

Ruby rose: 7

Johnny Test:

Icon: 1
20210811_232607.png

Last edited:
Johnny is: 50.3 kilotons

Ruby is: 15.66 Kilotons

That's a 3.19 times gap in power

This is a tough one.

Johnny holds a 3.19 times AP advantage at the start, but that gap starts to close when Ruby starts to use her Gravity Dust. Add on Ruby's Aura and range advantage and that makes her a hard opponent for Johnny to take down.

But, Ruby's range comes from a Sniper Rifle, so Johnny could find a way to dodge it (if he can), and get a good hit on Ruby, since he's technically a better hand-to-hand fighter than Ruby (which is kind of funny). Plus his Teleportation should help him get up close and personal with Ruby, despite the massive disadvantage he has in Range. This would play well in Johnny's favor, since Ruby's weakness is hand-to-hand combat.

Johnny also has better regen, and with that AP gap he has, he would also be hard to take down. He should also resist Ruby's Fire and Ice elements as well.

Ruby has her lightning dust, which would paralyze Johnny and would likely giver her the win. But I'm not sure if she uses that right off the bat or in character.

Johnny has Intangibility, but that gets countered by Ruby's Intangibility.

Johnny's Causality Manip would give him the win, but he doesn't use that in character.

Until someone can make me lean towards one of them, I'm going Incon. They both have too many counters for each other. Unless if I'm analyzing this wrong. Until then, my votes for Incon.

If she is in a tight spot she will indeed use it also after getting disarmed she started useing her semblance to seek behind pepole and punch them

Well he would need to get rid of her scythe as her skill with it would probably counter his hand to hand combat

If she is in a tight spot she will indeed use it also after getting disarmed she started useing her semblance to seek behind pepole and punch them
Hmm...

I don't know if Johnny would be able to take down Ruby before she uses her lightning. Though, if Johnny realizes he's at a disadvantage, he could use his Intangibility to avoid getting by the lightning. But the moment he gets with that lightning its GG.

Ruby using that would catch Johnny off guard at first, but he should be able to adapt to it. Johnny's definitely not a genius, and he is reckless, but he's a quick thinker and has outsmarted geniuses on a handful of occasions. So he can find a way to counter that.

Last edited:
Well he would need to get rid of her scythe as her skill with it would probably counter his hand to hand combat
Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Unless Johnny can think of a plan to get rid of the Scythe, Ruby ethers Johnny in LS. There's no way he's physically removing the Scythe from Ruby unless she doesn't see it coming.

Last edited:
Ruby is more than experienced in using close range gunfire from her sniper rifle, which is semi-automatic from how she uses it, and she is more than capable of using her smblance in close quarters to catch opponnts off guard (see her fight with Harriet)

Ruby is more than experienced in using close range gunfire from her sniper rifle, which is semi-automatic from how she uses it, and she is more than capable of using her smblance in close quarters to catch opponnts off guard (see her fight with Harriet)
I know she's capable of using her Semblance and Rifle in close quarters, but Johnny should be able to avoid the Rifle with his speed, acrobatics, and teleportation. Ruby's Semblance would be a challenge, but I feel like Johnny should be able to adapt to it, or, at least, think of a plan to counter it.

This match is basically a game of Ping Pong until they both use their strongest attacks on each other and see who wins.

then how is 'he avoids the rifle in cqc with his speed' an argument?

acrobatics is very iffy considering the monsters and people ruby has faced trought the entire series almost all having absurd acrobatic feats

then how is 'he avoids the rifle in cqc with his speed' an argument?

acrobatics is very iffy considering the monsters and people ruby has faced trought the entire series almost all having absurd acrobatic feats
1. Speed is equal.

2. Yeah. Acrobatics is iffy.

i dont recall johnny ever using teleportation in combat seeing as he's been captured in traps a **** ton of times, but yeah speed's equalized means that ruby's bullet's will be moving as fast as everything ls meaning johnny has basiscally no chance of dodging her shots if she gets into cqc. that coupled with her gravity dust having a higher muzzle volatility than her normal bullts, all of her Dust ammo having AoE, and volume 8 ruby consistently using her smblance to blitz around her opponent and get into blind spots or trip them up, 'johnny dodges' isn't a viable argumnt here

I don't know. This is such a hard decision.

One of them's going to be down bad sooner or later in the fight, and they'll have to rely on their strongest attacks to win.

Johnny's Intangibility and Causality Manip are pretty OP, but he won't use them until he knows that's his only good chance at victory. Once he uses them, it's GG. Johnny coming up with a plan doesn't seem out of the picture, though.

I think I'm still leaning towards Incon. Despite not using TP in combat, he should be smart enough to use it when he has to.

You make a good point, but my vote's for Incon.

does ruby have to rely on her strongst attacks tho? ruby uses bladed and pircing weapons so if they're close in stats she has a good chance of killing him just by landing a clean shot, the gap is just 3.19 times so ruby would definitely be able to down him with a solid shot to a vital organ.

His Regen is not saving him from decapitation or bisction a good hit or body shot would down him beyond his ability to regn. and the funny thing is Ruby would be mor than likely to use that kind of force on johnny as she would be expcting him to have an Aura

3.19 times is a pretty good AP gap. Her Gravity Dust closes the gap.. Not sure if a gun shot or piercing weapons would.

Johnny's reckless by nature. He tends to not hold back either in a fight.

3.19 times is a pretty good AP gap. Her Gravity Dust closes the gap.. Not sure if a gun shot or piercing weapons would.

Johnny's reckless by nature. He tends to not hold back either in a fight.
I could see him being reckless and getting himself killed eventually

Also can he tuck in his head from a blind spot? reacting against an opponent who is moving faster than he can perceive?

In the very beginning of the fight, Johnny has the advantage.

When Ruby uses her semblance and dust is when she has the upper hand.

Then Johnny uses his most powerful hax to win or Ruby uses her lightning dust to secure the win.

This can literally go either way. Which is why I go for Incon.

Back