• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red like whip cracks (ruby rose vs Johnny Test) 7-0-1

Remember test isn't very smart and is kinda dumb

So if he isn't going to be 100% serious at the start he may die all though I'm pretty sure seeing a 5'4 girl with a sniper rifle scythe may make him serious

Remember test isn't very smart and is kinda dumb
He has outsmarted literal geniuses on a handful of occasions. Him being "dumb" stems from his laziness and hatred for school.

It's been shown many times throughout the show that when Johnny actually puts effort into things and actually thinks, he can be pretty smart when he wants to.

Hmm fair enough but bling bling boy has like zero weapon skills, instead just useing his inventions to beat people or his Ironman suit that he used to fire energy blasts instead of useing any weapon's, especially a weapon that is super hard to learn like a scythe

Also I would see Ruby useing her electrical dust earlier then test pulling out a last resort move

I'm specifically talking about the times where Johnny has outsmarted Susan and Mary, who're arguably the smartest characters in the show.

If he can outsmart his sisters, he shouldn't have much of a problem outsmarting Ruby, as she is nowhere near as smart as Susan and Mary.

That may be true but his sisters aren't combat smart, just smart in terms of inventions

Those are two different smarts. Like how Goku is a combat genius but is stupid at everything else

Also Ruby devised a plan to beat James Ironwood and it actually worked had it not been for unknown factors

Ironwood outmatched Arthur Watts in a 1v1 fight with Watts being a genius who designed most of the sci-fi level technology used in the series

The logic is a bit weird but if we're using it then Ruby has outsmarted people who can outmatched geniuses in combat

That may be true but his sisters aren't combat smart, just smart in terms of inventions

Those are two different smarts. Like how Goku is a combat genius but is stupid at everything else
I see your point. But Johnny still shouldn't have much of an issue outsmarting Ruby. If Johnny's smart enough combat and strategy wise to outsmart people who can literally create things that are considered Scientifically impossible, he shouldn't have much of an issue with Ruby.

Isn't most of the time his sisters are emotional or just off guard and that's how he "outsmarts them"

Also Ruby devised a plan to beat James Ironwood and it actually worked had it not been for unknown factors

Ironwood outmatched Arthur Watts in a 1v1 fight with Watts being a genius who designed most of the sci-fi level technology used in the series

The logic is a bit weird but if we're using it then Ruby has outsmarted people who can outmatched geniuses in combat
Wdym by "had it not been for unknown factors?" Just asking.

Outmatch and outsmart are two different things. Johnny has outsmarted and outmatched geniuses. Ironwood only outmatched a genius.

Wdym by "had it not been for unknown factors?" Just asking.

Outmatch and outsmart are two different things. Johnny has outsmarted and outmatched geniuses. Ironwood only outmatched a genius.
Like neo takeing the relic to cinder and her useing a all knowing being to know what ruby is doing

I really doubt that base Johnny without his equipment can beat Ruby's skill advantage vs Johnny's "outsmarting his sisters" thing

Because again combat genius vs building things genius

Exactly. They are the only reason why the evacuation plan and making penny human plan didn't work... Well makeing penny human plan did work just she died because cinder

I really doubt that base Johnny without his equipment can beat Ruby's skill advantage vs Johnny's "outsmarting his sisters" thing

Because again combat genius vs building things genius
The skill department is kinda 50/50.

Ruby is very skilled with her Scythe, however, Johnny's the better hand-to-hand combatant. It's been stated that Johnny (and his family) have Ninja DNA. Skill might actually be even.

Do you want me to show you examples of Johnny outsmarting his sisters?

As for Ruby's skill again.
Since volume 8 Ruby has the added skill of being personally trained by and then outskilling the Ace Ops. For reference, Atlas Academy's vetting process is canonically more strict than Beacon's due to it being a military school on top of a Huntsman academy, so they only accept the best of the best. All of the members of the Ace Ops graduated top of their class from Atlas Academy, meaning that they are quite literally the best of the best of the best. Ruby not only outmatched Harriet Bree, but scales to the rest of her team in skill who also outmatched members of the Ace ops, Elm in particular is canonically the most skilled person out of all the ace ops, with Clover being the only member ranked above her in combat solely due to his semblance rather than outright skill and Yang outmatched her in skill.

Ruby at this point also scales to people who can beat match Velvet Scarlatina in a cqc fight, with Velvet being able to copy and perfectly utilize any fighting style she sees and utilize any weapons people she sees use with identical proficiency.

I'll give the skill advantage to Ruby, but she's certainly at a disadvantage when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, especially against someone who has Ninja DNA.

It seems that the video was blocked in my country too...

Also, it's one thing to trick a genius with a plan, another is combat skill.

I'll give the skill advantage to Ruby, but she's certainly at a disadvantage when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, especially against someone who has Ninja DNA.
That doesn't matter because she has better lifting strength and can hold on to her weapon and she has battled hand to hand fighters before with her weapon

It seems that the video was blocked in my country too...

Also, it's one thing to trick a genius with a plan, another is combat skill.
You are definitely able to come up with a plan in combat to outsmart someone. I was just showing examples of how Johnny can outsmart people leagues above him in terms of intelligence. He has shown more times to come up with plans to save the city and even the planet than outsmarting geniuses.

Both Johnny and Ruby and basically any character who's smart enough can think of a plan to outsmart someone or have the upper hand in a fight.

Also I would see Ruby useing her electrical dust earlier then test pulling out a last resort move
In the very beginning of the fight, Johnny has the advantage.

When Ruby uses her semblance and dust is when she has the upper hand.

Then Johnny uses his most powerful hax to win or Ruby uses her lightning dust to secure the win.

This can literally go either way. Which is why I go for Incon.
Johnny will realize he's at a disadvantage when Ruby's using her Semblance and Dust, and he'll start using his most powerful hax to try and take the W. Johnny seeing that he has no other counter for Ruby's increase in power and Sniper Rifle will start using his most powerful hax. Either that, or Ruby uses Lightning Dust to finish him off.

That's why I said Incon. Ruby can either use her Lightning Dust to finish the job, or Johnny, realizing he's at a disadvantage, will use Intangibility or Causality Manip to take the W.

I honestly ruby would use her lightning dust to snipe him because test has no idea they are special aoe bullets

The video doesn't work for me... And I would like a written explanation
Get ready for an essay, y'all.

This link explicitly states that the Test family share Ninja DNA. The plot of the episode was that Johnny doesn't have the best personality, so his sisters searched deep into his DNA to find a new personality, and apparently, the family shares Ninja DNA. Hopefully that's a good enough explanation.

This one's a little difficult to explain. I'll try my best, though. The plan was that while the family was eating dinner, Dukey sneaks into the lab 30 minutes before the time Johnny got paralyzed. Dukey then grabbed the Teahouse and brought it back 30 minutes before dinner to pick up Johnny. The plan is very confusing and hard to understand, but that's the best explanation I got. This was Johnny's plan and his sisters and Dukey all complimented him for coming up with a very clever plan.

I kind of explained this one already, but I'll elaborate on it. Johnny's plan was to basically stink all day so he can trick his family into building him a water park for Dukey's birthday. He basically tricked his entire family into giving Dukey a birthday present.

I honestly ruby would use her lightning dust to snipe him because test has no idea they are special aoe bullets
Wouldn't she use her Ice and Fire Dust first in character? I don't think it's in character for her to paralyze someone off the bat, especially an 11 year old boy.

Well SBA assume they are willing to win even if it's OOC

Also he has been frozen before multiple times and he only broke free via Johnny X or someone else helping him

Also
Ruby has been training in combat since childhood and was personally trained by one of the most skilled fighters in the world to wield what Ozpin, a man who has been around for millennia and over the course of his life has personally overseen the training of hundreds of armies worth of huntsmen and huntresses all of whom had their own personal unique weapons, described as one of the most dangerous weapons ever created. Even at Signal Academy, the combat school she attended before Beacon, her training from Qrow put her far beyond her peers, a level of skill which led Ozpin to accept her into Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat colleges in the world, two years before the usual age of admittance. While at Beacon, Ruby developed skills as a decisive leader, being able to formulate and execute plans with others in order to take down tougher foes, such as the giant Nevermore the team encountered during initiation, and later in coordinated attacks against Roman in an Atlesian Paladin-290. Ruby's fighting capitalizes on her creative uses of and methods for achieving momentum, using a combination of her Semblance and Crescent Rose's recoil to allow her to achieve massive impact force, then speeding away to avoid counterattacks and prepare her next strike, maintaining an edge over her opponent and keeping them constantly off balance.

Well SBA assume they are willing to win even if it's OOC

Also he has been frozen before multiple times and he only broke free via Johnny X or someone else helping him
"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't."

Ruby's in character, but willing to kill. I'm pretty sure she won't try to paralyze Johnny at the beginning of the fight (because he's an 11 year old boy), but she would later in the fight, which further supports my point of this being Incon.

I would show you a link of Johnny possibly resisting being frozen, but you wouldn't be able to see it because it's blocked where you live.

I mean I can watch the episode on Netflix, just give me the episode name and time stamp

Back