• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Winter Schnee vs Johnny Test

7-C versions will be used (Non-Maiden Winter vs Johnny X)

Speed is equalized

No equipment for Johnny

Fight takes place in Mantle

Winter:

Johnny: 3 (Knifeman29, NomsNoms, Schnee_One)

Incon:

Last edited:
Winter is More skilled, has her summons, time glyphs and will take the fight more serious than Johnny plus she has a lifting strength advantage. but Johnny can fly on his own, has better regen, Higher AP, much higher Range, and Higher stamina.

I think if Johnny just spams hurricanes from a far and keeps on blasting her and her summons back he should win.

Last edited:
BTW Knifeman, the Hurricanes are city-sized, it doesn't push you kilometers away, the Hurricanes are city-sized, and so are the explosions from Johnny's power poots.

Johnny holds a 3.2x AP gap. The only thing that might close the gap is Winter's Gravity Dust. Even then, Johnny has better regen, so it's not like it matters.

Isnt Johny's regen only High-Low? Thats really not that useful seeing as it wont save him from any actually lethal damage

1. High-Low has the potential to recover from lost limbs, and from minor organ damage. It's certainly useful, especially in a fight like this, which brings me to my second point.

2. I don't see Winter lethally damaging Johnny anytime soon, especially in the beginning of the fight, where the difference is 3,2x. Besides, Johnny has other ways of avoiding Winter's attacks other than just regen.

1. It only allows for limbs to be reattached, it doest allow full limbs to be regrown. Johnny has suffered broken bones and concussions before and Winter is pretty consistently shown to go for killing blows on people (Her introductory fight against Qrow had her lead with going for multiple face and throat stabs and continuing to do so all the way up to her finishing move which was another stab to the throat).

2. I mean that gap closes pretty quickly given that Winter uses a bladed weapon, she's physically weaker but a blade balances that out and would allow her to harm him pretty easily even without the use of Dust. And Winter has several ways to keep Johnny in place, gravity glyphs, summons, ice dust, etc.
Is your vote for Winter, Weekly?
I'd like to hear some more stuff about Johnny first

Fought 6 hours against Bling-Bling Boy before getting tired, fought crime as Johnny X for 3 days before getting tired, jumped on a bed for 6 hours and did not get tired, and waited 4 days for a package to come (though, I'm not sure the last two are combat applicable).

Winter's stamina is Above Average, while Johnny's is Very High, so Johnny should hold a good stamina advantage against Winter.

I see no stamina feats for Winter, but I've already mentioned a few for Johnny. So from what I've seen, Johnny should have the stamina advantage by a pretty good margin.

I see no stamina feats for Winter, but I've already mentioned a few for Johnny. So from what I've seen, Johnny should have the stamina advantage by a pretty good margin.
Winter scales above the Volume 1 cast who were able to fight nonstop for a full day before getting tired

So basically stamina is kinda moot as its not really in character for either one of them to try to outlast opponents and neither of them are going to get exhausted enough short-term for it to make a difference

Oh, okay then. The stamina argument is moot then.

I don't see Winter going for throat and face stabs against a 11 year old boy, and even if she does, Johnny can easily avoid that, or just use one of his attacks (that are city-sized, might I add) to counter. Winter's going to have a hard time getting up close to Johnny and deliver a killing blow when he can just clap city-wide Hurricanes and fart city-sized explosions. Johnny also has Teleportation, so that can be a factor (but so does Winter, so eh). Also, speed is equalized, so assuming Winter can just stab Johnny is not a good argument. Plus, he's only a 11 year old boy. I don't see Winter doing that.

Also to top it off the boys best friend is a talking dog. Do you know how cool it would be to have a talking dog? Johnny 9.99/10 via having a talking dog.

And iirc she tries attacking up close then starts to use her semblance more as the fight goes on.

Ignoring what you said before (because wtf), Winter will most likely start using her Gravity Dust to close the gap between her and Johnny, and she'll starting using her more ranged attacks since she's going to have a hard time getting up close to Johnny (plus, I don't see Winter stabbing a 11 year old boy).

Question is, will Winter be able to use her semblance and Gravity Dust before Johnny finishes her off? And, if she does use them, would she have the advantage?

I mean once Winter figures out that he is actively trying to kill her i dont think she'll have any reservations about doing the same, she's disciplined not stupid and OP children are more common than you'd think in RWBY. Also theres the factor of her not knowing that he has no Aura. A big thing about RWBY characters is that since everyone has Aura they tend to go all out with bladed weapons against everyone because everyone has a full-body forcefield that stops them from being cut so killing blows dont tend to be lethal until late into the fight. Rewatching her fights with Cinder and Ironwood she also went for head and neck cuts the majority of the time so theres a very good chance that she'll do the same here assuming he doesnt have Aura and land a fatal blow by mistake that way. This is even more likely given that she'd likely assume he has some form of magic since his powers as Johnny X are all powers that are associated with Magic users and Maidens in-verse, even shapeshifting.

Has Johnny ever actually used his teleportation in combat before? Its been a while since ive seen Johnny Test but i dont recall him spam-teleporting Scorpion Style around his opponents in a fight.

Winter tends to lead with getting into CQC as soon as possible, usually by speed-amping with her movement glyphs (not the time dilation glyphs, her normal white glyphs amp her running speed) and sometimes using a flock of Nevermore summons to distract her opponent. If she does manage to get into CQC with Johnny he's basically toast, Johnny X is more about just nuking his opponent with whatever he feels like using rather than actual skill and precision (such as the time the ripoff Jedi tried to train him to use a lightsaber and he just didnt care or the times the military recruited him because he was just good at blowing stuff up rather than making accurate shots). Her range isnt as good as Johnny's but she has a few options, and her Gravity Glyphs will be extremely useful here both as a means of keeping herself grounded to counter his hurricane hands and to keep him grounded so he cant fly away.

Why would Johnny be trying to kill her? I am 99% sure he never goes for the kill. Also while Johnny is lazy he isn't a complete moron and would more than likely just tp out of the gravity glyph if he saw someone with a sword charging at him, he was willing to show it off for fun so I see no reason for him not to use it to save his life when nothing else is working. also for her fights with cinder and ironwood their both are characters she sees as evil, I don't think she'll fight what seems to be an 11 year old boy the same way she fights murderers. As for using gravity dust to hold herself down, she still gonna get hit by an attack 3 times her durability, and considering how aura works it shouldn't take too many hits for Johnny to break hers and after that her glyphs are gone. I am not too knowledgeable on RWBY so tell me if anything is wrong with what I've said

Also winter doesn't have a talking dog Johnny does so gg I win.

Johnny has used Teleportation for combat. He used it quite often in the Season 3 finale "Johnny X: A New Beginning," and "Johnny X: The Final Ending." He used it the moment he got the powers, and it's used the most (other than his Power Poots) throughout the 2 episodes.

Also, Johnny never goes straight for the kill in the start of the battle. He is reckless, and is quite aggressive, but never really goes for the kill unless he has to. So if Winter activates her Gravity Dust to close the AP gap, Johnny will most likely get serious and realize he has to finish Winter off. Also, while Winter is significantly smarter than Johnny, Johnny has many times outsmarted Super geniuses like his sisters, Bling-Bling Boy, and Brain Freezer, and I have watched enough RWBY to know that Winter has a short temper and little self-control (i.e. her fight with Qrow when she got irritated and started to charge at him first), and Johnny's sisters are for sure smarter than Winter, so it shouldn't be too hard for Johnny to get on Winter's nerves (as that's what he does throughout the entire show) and find a way to outsmart her.

I would say more, but Knifeman pretty much said what I was going to say.

I'll make a full response when I get home but can you post a clip of him teleporting in combat? Like I said it's been a while since I've watched Johnny Tset so I might be misremembering but I dont recall him teleporting in fights even when it would have given him a massive advantage over his opponent, like the iced coffee guy would have been effectively useless if Johnny could just teleport out of being frozen all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back