• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok: Lu Bu's Attack Potency

There have been three calculations created for Lu Bu's "sky splitter" feat, however, from what I've seen there hasn't been an accepted calc for Lu Bu's feat. I would like to use this thread to discuss which of the three calculations is most acceptable, or any other calculations that may be acceptable for the feat.

The three calculations come from the users:

Xulrev- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Xulrev/Lu_Bu_Splits_The_Sky

DMUA- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DMUA/Record_of_Ragnarok:_Lu_Bu_uses_his_weapon_properly

Mr. Bambu- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/Record_of_Ragnarok:_The_Mighty_Lu_Bu

The first version seems to be using the horizon, while also not using the horizon cap of 20 KM

Bambu treats it like a half cylinder, even though it's a triangular prism, if anything

DMUA said:
The first version seems to be using the horizon, while also not using the horizon cap of 20 KM
Bambu treats it like a half cylinder, even though it's a triangular prism, if anything
Thank you for your input

Mine did indeed utilize the wrong number for the horizon, as DMUA notes. I never updated the calc because I simply believed it would go nowhere unfortunately.

I think Bambu or DMUA's calcs ought be used as such

Xulrev said:
Mine did indeed utilize the wrong number for the horizon, as DMUA notes. I never updated the calc because I simply believed it would go nowhere unfortunately.
I think Bambu or DMUA's calcs ought be used as such
Thank you for you input

Due to Xulrev's calc not being applicable, this leaves for either DMUA's calc or Mr. Bambu's calc to be accepted. However, it seems that Mr. Bambu's calc uses the wrong shape its calculation as said by DMUA. Unless Mr. Bambu or anyone else disagrees, I would say to proceed with using DMUA's calc.

If DMUA wants his used, use his

/discussion

someone go summon an unrelated calc group member to eval stuff

Lub Bu is called the humankind strongest, I wouldn't scale to others, meawhile he is an one-man army with supernatural strength the others are "strong" by different reasons (combat mimicry, de swordmanship and scanning, trickster).

Antoniofer said:
Lub Bu is called the humankind strongest, I wouldn't scale to others, meawhile he is an one-man army with supernatural strength the others are "strong" by different reasons (combat mimicry, de swordmanship and scanning, trickster).
Tbf, to be able to throw a knife hard enough to pierce Herc is pretty impressive, even though it had god-piercing properties

Unless Heracles has some kind of dermal armor, exoskeleton or force armor is not necessary impressive, Brunhilde already said that no human can damage the gods without the use of these weapons (not counting Adam for obvious reasons).

Not so sure on him being the literal strongest. But I think what we can do is scale off some gods off of Thor, who 'tanked' Lu Bu's strongest attack. Possibly of course

Not quite tanked it, just parried it, do not confuse the terms; as far we known, Lu Bu could oneshot Thor in a direct strike with the spear.

Parry an attack isn't the same as tank it, is more a crash of lifting strength and, although one need similar LF to not being launched to the other side, is something that scale to the weapon. For example is clearly that a direct attack from either character would oneshot the other, as Thor LF is superior to Lu Bu's, even when blocking the attack the impact broke his legs.

He was stated in history by his men. Who wouldn't really know anything before or after their time. Then Lu Bu is stated to be the strongest during the three kingdoms saga. So Lu Bu was the strongest during his time.

Lu Bu was basically bullying pre-awakened hammer Thor. An impressive feat is that he destroyed Thor's gauntlets. These gauntlets were there to protect the hammer from Thor's strength until it awoke.

Awakened hammer is Multi-continental to planet level. So you could argue that Thor's natural strength is Multi-continental to planet level, since it need to be that strong to handle Thor without the gloves. the gauntlets could handle it all, where as Lu Bu broke them.

Lu Bu only really got two shot by Thor's strongest attack. He had his legs broken by the first time, then had his entire body torn apart by the second one.

Technically, it was the spear that destroyed the gauntlets, they have the supernatural ability to break defenses. Don't think there's enough proof for the continental feat for the Mjornir.

Thor was stated to be able to be able to tear apart the land and seas, then later his hammer is stated to be able to shatter earth.

You can ask some calc group members to comment here regarding which calculation that should be used. Maybe DontTalkDT as well.

Back