• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Beelzebub protecting Buddha from Odin
FB_IMG_17034772555406201.jpg

Do we need a CTR for this

Kojirō is already listed at wall level during his living life and that very feat is used as a justification, that's an old calc for it but its unlinked to his profile despite being approved

Do we need a CTR for this

Kojirō is already listed at wall level during his living life and that very feat is used as a justification, that's an old calc for it but its unlinked to his profile despite being approved
Not for the time being. Let's just focus on the Sparkive crt.

We will only decide the next one after that.

Otherwise we will have what we have now, several small and large death crts.

Not for the time being. Let's just focus on the Sparkive crt.

We will only decide the next one after that.

Otherwise we will have what we have now, several small and large death crts.
I mean I found since I was looking through the Record of Ragnarok tag (We have a ******* Chun Yan profile, not an Ares one though despite how important he is to our current scaling). I was wondering that because I had taken notice of it

I can do a CTR for little things in Record of Ragnarok, overall clean-up.

I mean I found since I was looking through the Record of Ragnarok tag (We have a ******* Chun Yan profile, not an Ares one though despite how important he is to our current scaling). I was wondering that because I had taken notice of it

I can do a CTR for little things in Record of Ragnarok, overall clean-up.
You don't need a crt to make profiles.

This crt reminds me of something. As I remember, in the original Japanese, it says that lubu cut the atmosphere.

Could we use the 100km or would we have to go by the looks like we do? (which is 8 km I think)

Guys, I think we can improve on Lubu's feat of dividing the sky.

In translation it says this.

And we have this accepted crt of the atmosphere being 100km high.

And I THINK I received a "could be useful" from a GM who participated in this crt.

Is anyone interested in recalculating?
Also, the current justification uses 5 seconds I think. And I think we can use the anime's deadline, which I think is less. I am not sure.

Furthermore, the good thing about recalculating is that the current calculation is not even accepted and we could not be using it. 💀
In regards to the atmosphere, it's a bit iffy since we see clouds above the storm not being split. Atmosphere/sky can both be interchanged in this context which is Lu Bu splitting the storm clouds.

As for the timeframe, someone found it was 2 seconds in the anime, although they're math on the cloud and what not seemed to be wrong. Even then you can just make an updated one of the currently used calc and apply 2 seconds to it. I thing its in the Mountain/Large Mountain ranges, nice little buff.

Sasaki's technique has a stated speed of 200kmh, it's called a supremely fast/ godly speed attack, Ares is surpised by how fast it is and it even outspeeds a casual Poseidon's swing.

It's Poseidover for the speed scaling guys

Sasaki's technique has a stated speed of 200kmh, it's called a supremely fast/ godly speed attack, Ares is surpised by how fast it is and it even outspeeds a casual Poseidon's swing.

I wanna see that 40 Day Flood calc, but instead of using the calc stacking from the Adam feat, its using 200 kmh measurement

I thought you already knew that.

DMUA commented calc stacking under this, so...

Hiding Calculations​

Hiding calculations is the practice of trying to avoid calculating a feat in order to be able to use the result in another calculation. In other words it is the practice of trying to fool people into not noticing that calc stacking is being used.
The time period has nothing like that, since it comes from the manga itself and not from the result of some calculation.

I'm thinking of downgrading everyone's speed to just scaling from their own feats once my current speed thread is done, so if anyone can find speed feats for each round it would be appreceated. So far i have:
Shiva creating afterimages (Subsonic)
Sasaki's upward slash (Subsonic)
Jack catching a bullet (Subsonic+ - Transonic)
Tesla breaking the sound barrier (Supersonic)
LuBu moves alongside lightning (Massively Hypersonic+)
40 Days Of Flood (FTL assuming it's not calcstacking i might make calc group thread on that)

I'm thinking of downgrading everyone's speed to just scaling from their own feats once my current speed thread is done, so if anyone can find speed feats for each round it would be appreceated. So far i have:
40 Days Of Flood (FTL assuming it's not calcstacking i might make calc group thread on that)
Doesn't feel right for Shiva to be this slow to be honest

Everyone scales from Ares' perception speed, which wouldn't translate to their combat/reaction speed being Rel -FTL, especially since Ares's considers Sasaki's 200kmh technique really fast
The sasaki thing could simply be an inconsistency mainly due to the fact that it left poseidon worried/looking serious because of how close the attack hit him, poseidon that would be ftl.

Furthermore, Ares is surprised by several guys, like Tesla and Qin, who would make them have speeds close to the limit of calculation.

Furthermore, as the Ragnarok gods are the most powerful in the heavens, they would at least have perception speeds similar to Ares. And in every fight, at some point the god is surprised by the attack speed of the opposing human, which would make the humans escalate to calculation.

The sasaki thing could simply be an inconsistency mainly due to the fact that it left poseidon worried/looking serious because of how close the attack hit him, poseidon that would be ftl.
Also, of course, it can just be a general speed reference.

Because Sasaki used this “200km/h” technique when he was a “normal” human, and this version of him is his peak after a hundred years of training and having the volund's stats amplification.

Poseidon was ultra casual at that point, like perception blitz levels below his full speed
Furthermore, Ares is surprised by several guys, like Tesla and Qin, who would make them have speeds close to the limit of calculation.

Furthermore, as the Ragnarok gods are the most powerful in the heavens, they would at least have perception speeds similar to Ares. And in every fight, at some point the god is surprised by the attack speed of the opposing human, which would make the humans escalate to calculation.
Being surprised by something =/= getting perception blitzed by something. So far the only characters that have moved faster than Ares' perception have been Poseidon, Apollo and Zeus/Adam with TFTST
Also, of course, it can just be a general speed reference.

Because Sasaki used this “200km/h” technique when he was a “normal” human, and this version of him is his peak after a hundred years of training and having the volund's stats amplification.
I think it'd be weird for the speed statement to not apply to current Kojiro, otherwise why mention it while he is performing it if he is a million times faster at that point

Last edited:
I'll collect some feats from the first three rounds plus the Jack the Ripper spin-off

Thor swings his hammer faster than the eye can see
Screen20Shot202024-01-0520at203.png

Lü Bu's Sky Eater calc comes with a calculation of how fast his shockwave is

Kojirō cuts a swallow mid flight
ac721453-450f-41af-b82e-2c1370d82203.png

d33b66ab-eddc-449c-b99c-3f99f6f5e4e6.png

Poseidon doges the Tsubame Gaeshi
e3560d29-804c-497e-b91d-187ef4a2dc36.png

Every fighter should scale above Ares who thought nothing of Zeus's near-light speed jabs

778c1cbc-0e1d-4eaa-b4a4-58d1434c6c2c.png

718eeb94-6249-4917-af3e-b88198a27306.png

55ac4e9d-c2c1-482e-84bb-a5d947019a17.png

Jack the Ripper skips really fast
490f1a57-d5ed-429e-acd9-321dc7e6051a.png

2b007a50-209e-4e3f-84c1-16d207710c83.png

Jack dodges sniper shots
1a65bf92-7a80-4279-9232-57f8d6514247.png

35a2007f-00b5-442b-bd05-7ec36c13812f.png

a31f715d-22dc-4acb-8e2a-56bfaa2d7648.png

Last edited:
Every fighter should scale above Ares who thought nothing of Zeus's near-light speed jabs

778c1cbc-0e1d-4eaa-b4a4-58d1434c6c2c.png
Thanks tho i will mention this initial jab that Ares makes light of isnt actually near light speed, thats just Heimdall being excaggeretory. We are given a timeframe of 0.01 seconds for it which would put it at around subsonic+, its still a good baseline for characters that surprise Ares with their speed

Thanks tho i will mention this initial jab that Ares makes light of isnt actually near light speed, thats just Heimdall being excaggeretory. We are given a timeframe of 0.01 seconds for it which would put it at around subsonic+, its still a good baseline for characters that surprise Ares with their speed
Ares can still keep track of and remains unfazed by Adam dodging the rest of Zeus's attacks, up till Divine Axe

kojiro’s 200km thing isn't the same as his against Poseidon. Ragnarok fighters are physically stronger and faster than their regular selves due to volund. Trying to say Kojiro attacks poseidon with a 200km move is disingenuous. It simple talking about his abilities as a regular human.

Was kojiro’s 200km thing stated to be faster actually?
Can you elaborate on what you mean
Ares can still keep track of and remains unfazed by Adam dodging the rest of Zeus's attacks, up till Divine Axe
As i've already said Ares having relativistic perception speed doesnt automatically give him or any of the fighters rel combat or reaction speed, since someones perception speed can and almost always is far greater than their other forms of speed. The only characters that scale to his perception are Poseidon and Apollo
kojiro’s 200km thing isn't the same as his against Poseidon. Ragnarok fighters are physically stronger and faster than their regular selves due to volund. Trying to say Kojiro attacks poseidon with a 200km move is disingenuous. It simple talking about his abilities as a regular human.
In the same page that the 200kmh value is mentioned it describes the technique as a strike of godly quickness. Its pretty clearly trying to hype up that level of speed as impressive. Also again why would the 200 kmh be mentioned when talking about present Kojiro if he is several million times faster than it at this point

Back