• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

So, would you guys want to downgrade the entire verse from everyone being planet level cause most of scaling relies entirely on this statement. Which doesn't make too much sense as this would mean Ares who stalemated Heracles also has the strength of Zeus, that Heracles after training is stronger than Zeus, and base Zeus, who stopped Heracles and Ares's attacks, has strength that surpasses Zeus's
gBEqcJS.png

So, would you guys want to downgrade the entire verse from everyone being planet level cause most of scaling relies entirely on this statement. Which doesn't make too much sense as this would mean Ares who stalemated Heracles also has the strength of Zeus, that Heracles after training is stronger than Zeus, and base Zeus, who stopped Heracles and Ares's attacks, has strength that surpasses Zeus's
gBEqcJS.png
I think it was discussed on downgrading most of the contesting gods to low 5-B(+) with downscaling, with only the top tier gods (Zeus, Shiva, Thor, and Beelzebub with vibrations) as 5-B

I think it was discussed on downgrading most of the contesting gods to low 5-B(+) with downscaling, with only the top tier gods (Zeus, Shiva, Thor, and Beelzebub with vibrations) as 5-B
Right but low 5-B relies on this statement as well, does it not.

Personally, I'd scale them to their own feats and statements unless the series shows otherwise (Like with Zeus and Shiva)

The profiles should be fixed first. Mainly Leonidas and Apollo, which are very bad.

But seriously, before going into that, the crts already in progress should be finished.

Like, we have the speed one. We had one from Sparkive that changed some things + an LS calculation from Zero.

And other crts that died over time.

In Sparkive's own crt, the downscaling thing died to be postponed for later.

The profiles should be fixed first. Mainly Leonidas and Apollo, which are very bad.

But seriously, before going into that, the crts already in progress should be finished.

Like, we have the speed one. We had one from Sparkive that changed some things + an LS calculation from Zero.

Every profile is a mess, Beelzebub a resistance to fear manipulation because he's not scared of Odin, bro's just suicidal

gBEqcJS.png
There was a downgrade for this but because of the verse works in its nature and writing it was rejected. Essentially the story showcases the characters and relation of characters over feats, that's why 90% of the fights and feats outside of the tournament aren't shown, it isn't the focus. This is the same other series like Tales of Destruction, Majo Taisen that pride themselves on their statements. All the series take place in a arena yet all of them have characters with direct statements of being able to destroy the planet or threaten the cosmos or some other high tier feat for them, yet the best shown is cracking the ground in their fights in a small arena. The statements are there to give us an indication of how strong they are in relation to others, then other sources outside the manga act as more references to their strengths. The other aspect is also if they do just go all out on the destruction they would just kill everyone in the area and stands.

Its a sad truth about tournament manga's essentially the statements are the primary source for their strengths.

There was a downgrade for this but because of the verse works in its nature and writing it was rejected. Essentially the story showcases the characters and relation of characters over feats, that's why 90% of the fights and feats outside of the tournament aren't shown, it isn't the focus. This is the same other series like Tales of Destruction, Majo Taisen that pride themselves on their statements. All the series take place in a arena yet all of them have characters with direct statements of being able to destroy the planet or threaten the cosmos or some other high tier feat for them, yet the best shown is cracking the ground in their fights in a small arena. The statements are there to give us an indication of how strong they are in relation to others, then other sources outside the manga act as more references to their strengths. The other aspect is also if they do just go all out on the destruction they would just kill everyone in the area and stands.

Its a sad truth about tournament manga's essentially the statements are the primary source for their strengths.
Most of Record of Ragnarok's statements are bullshit. Heimdall says that "Jack the Ripper" was responsible for the prostitute murders and that Apollo killed Python. Hermes claims that Apollo's arrow are the fastest strike in heaven, Zeus says that anyone other than Beelzebub would've been in serious trouble if they attacked with Plasma Pulse Punch Cross (Bro, that attack is so ******* ass. Shit was called an undefendable pincer attack and then that shit got deflected without an explanation), and Hades states that Petra Realm, Thousand-Armed Avalokitesvara: Warscythe of Salakaya can kill an opponent in a single blow...Only for Pāpīyas to block with with his arm while Buddha is using Karmanirodha Samsara.

For me rating who is most trusted with their statements goes something like this: Narrators > Brünnhilde > Specific Audience Members (Chen Gong, Shiva's pantheon, Tesla's science friend, etc) >Loki > Hermes analytics > Hermes, Zeus, and Ares trying to gas ************* up > Heimdall

For me rating who is most trusted with their statements goes something like this: Narrators > Brünnhilde > Specific Audience Members (Chen Gong, Shiva's pantheon, Tesla's science friend, etc) >Loki > Hermes analytics > Hermes, Zeus, and Ares trying to gas ************* up > Heimdall
Heimdall shouldn't even be there.

And I think that Hermes' analysis should be on the same level as Brünnhilde.

Downcaling was not rejected.

It was left for later, as it was a big topic, and it would be difficult to discuss it in a crt with other things.

gBEqcJS.png
Adamas Zeus > Cerberus Herc > Labors Herc > base Herc > Ares = backstory Herc = base Zeus > tired backstory Herc

And now it all works out lol

Adamas Zeus > Cerberus Herc > Labors Herc > base Herc > Ares = backstory Herc = base Zeus > tired backstory Herc

And now it all works out lol
Do we even use Base Zeus when we discuss him? Outside of pushing Shiva down that one time, we basically only consider his muscular form when comparing him to other charaters

I consider

Adamas > Muscular = Prime > Base

Not sure if he got weaker in his old age, probably not. But its clear that Zeus requires his muscles whenever he's going to do a feat of strength (Ripping off the dragon's head, crushing the floor beneath him with his arm or legs). He only uses his base form to stop an attack from Ares and a divine Alcides who are incredibly weak and Shiva who he caught off guard (Shiva is able to stand up after Zeus pushes him down, removing his arm from him in doing so. While Shiva seemed worried about fighting Zeus, this doesn't necessarily mean base Zeus, as it doesn't take much time for Zeus to go from skinny to ripped)

On a side note, maybe its cause I'm a Shiva fan but I kind don't interpret that scene as Shiva being scarred of Zeus. Shiva is a chill dude overall, so him threatening to fight Zeus over it and backing down when Zeus remained adamant about going next could just be him realizing its stupid for the two of them to fight over something as trivial as that (Not only that, if both of them fight now, they'll be exhausted before round 2 and the round after that). Shiva tries to act tough because of his position among the hindu pantheon but my dude is sweet heart, all he wanted to do was dance (He just so happened to be an amazing fighter)

On a side note, maybe its cause I'm a Shiva fan but I kind don't interpret that scene as Shiva being scarred of Zeus. Shiva is a chill dude overall, so him threatening to fight Zeus over it and backing down when Zeus remained adamant about going next could just be him realizing its stupid for the two of them to fight over something as trivial as that (Not only that, if both of them fight now, they'll be exhausted before round 2 and the round after that). Shiva tries to act tough because of his position among the hindu pantheon but my dude is sweet heart, all he wanted to do was dance (He just so happened to be an amazing fighter)
For me it was never the fact that Shiva backed down, but the fact that Shiva was overpowered despite being angry and clearly on guard that imo puts Zues > Shiva

For me it was never the fact that Shiva backed down, but the fact that Shiva was overpowered despite being angry and clearly on guard that imo puts Zues > Shiva
Zeus > Shiva

But I'd still say he was caught off guard, I don't think he was expecting Zeus to do anything at the moment (The "So that how it is" and the confused look of surprise indicate that to me). We actually talked about this when discussing if Zeus should scale to Shiva's lifting strength.
DIIBWwW.png

5YANAsc.png

MUok2x7.png

Not sure if he got weaker in his old age, probably not.
He complained about the bone thing, but I don't think so either.

Since the Adamas form doesn't seem to be simulating his strength when he was young or anything like that. So the bone thing could just be a consequence of the technique.
-
-
-
An interesting thing is that in the fight for the strongest in the Universe (Titanomachy), Zeus didn't take a single blow until the fight against Chronos.

But in Gigantomachy he received several cuts.

I just don't know if the giants were as strong as Chronos or if Zeus simply changed his battle strategy, since even in the battle against Adam he doesn't even seem to care about defending himself or dodging the blows.

The interesting thing is that Poseidon took a single cut during the gigantomachy, and unlike Zeus, he is the type who doesn't even let a fly get close. I wanted to know which of those random giants managed to do this.

By the way...bump
(this too)

At this point, I think it's best to ask it to close and redo the crt.

Start by talking about the two LS calculations and for those who scale.

Then make a crt of the lubu's ability change, etc. that you had placed.
The discussion mostly comes down to whether we believe Shiva is getting a boost from the hopes of 1116 other gods or if its just him going all out

Do we consider the "drinking the blood of chronos" thing as something like god Adamas = Chronos?

Because that's not said in Japanese and I don't have the slightest desire to do a crt just to fix something like that.

Kinda regreting making that speed CRT. The scaling chain can get really confusing with who scales to FTL and what the rest even scale to. It honestly needed more time in the oven

Kinda regreting making that speed CRT. The scaling chain can get really confusing with who scales to FTL and what the rest even scale to. It honestly needed more time in the oven
We consider how we have several crts who simply die.

Yes, I should have waited.
-
-
-

Actually, your crt is good and I don't know why you apparently abandoned it.

In Japanese, Heindall calls Zeus' attacks sub-light, which is in line with his proposition that the other characters are relativistic (apart from the ftl calculation that Ares saw).

Who scales makes sense, and Sasaki's proposal also makes sense.
You actually reminded me of something. Base Jack has Average human speed but the sandbox for his update CRT had him at Transonic, and iirc it was accepted so what's up with that?
We should remove this "Base"

And have only "In life | In Ragnarok"

And we have bigger problems ahead. Like LS calculations, the speed thing, etc.

-
-
-

Actually, your crt is good and I don't know why you apparently abandoned it.

In Japanese, Heindall calls Zeus' attacks sub-light, which is in line with his proposition that the other characters are relativistic (apart from the ftl calculation that Ares saw).

Who scales makes sense, and Sasaki's proposal also makes sense.
Mild inconvinience with the scaling + being busy irl is good way to lose interest in a CRT. I am gonna get back to it though since it's very important and after it i'm gonna go fix some profiles

Speed feats:

Tesla, Shiva, Apollo, and Poseidon move fast enough to create several after images (Pretty sure this goes under afterimage creation)
Thor swinges his hammer faster than the eye can see
Jack the Ripper catches a bullet with piano wire
Jack the Ripper dodges sniper shots
Lü Bu creates a shockwave
Leonidas deflects Apollo's arrow
Zeus's near light-speed jabs
Moonlight of Artemis's arrows move at the speed of light
Adam dodges Zeus's attacks
The Fist that Stopped Time

Downcaling was not rejected.

It was left for later, as it was a big topic, and it would be difficult to discuss it in a crt with other things.
I'm not talking about downscaling, I'm talking about the planetary and above statements as being disregarded as hyperbolic/not real/inconsistent because "no destruction" and only being statements has be rejected in a previous CRT. I'm fine with downscaling.

Wasn’t there a feat for Hermes turning it from day to night or something?
Couple of things, one we don't know if he was the one who did that, how his power works, or how Valhalla works. Two, Hermes can't be scaled above by the Ragnarok participants because the reason he isn't participating in Ragnarok isn't because he's weak, but because he doesn't have the desire to throw his life away in battle like everyone else.

Back