• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

rounds-ranked-by-how-much-gexual-tension-there-was-v0-pc914hxebt0c1.png

i attempted to rank the fighters based on Skill, Power, and Speed

Skill (Kojirō, Qin, and Lü Bu have all perfected their fighting styles. While Sumo Wrestling may not seem too impressive as a fighting style, Raiden's dedication to the fighting style allowed him to keep up with Shiva, even as he went all out. Shiva himself is an incredible fighter, completely natural at it, even managing to be even with Rudra in terms of skill despite him constantly training. Apollo has mastered both archery and boxing, among many other things. Zeus loves to fight and has perfected many punches, even managing to do one that can stop time. Jack the Ripper should be called Jack of All Trades with the amount of weapons he's able to use to kill proficiently, anything in his hands can be a weapon, he can learn new shit on the fly, and he's probably the best strategist in the series. Beelzebub marched straight into hell to fight demons in order to kill himself, he got his with Tesla Warp once and called it out for being ass, highlighting nearly all of it weaknesses. Leonidas is a fighter with a lot of experience and can fight with a variety of different styles. Buddha also has a ton of weapons that he can fight with. Hades is probably the oldest ************ here, his fight with Qin showed a that he was a skillful powerhouse, attempting many different ways to get past Qin's Heavenly Hands of Defense and Tortoise Ripples. Not much to talk about for Heracles, fist or mace, he'll **** you up either way. Pāpīyas is fine with any sort of tool for slaughter, but is mostly a dumb brute. Not a dumb brute, but still not a good fighter, Nikola Tesla has a lot of good ideas but there execution doesn't turn out the best, whiffed a ton of punches early into the fight. Thor is probably meant to be a skilled fighter doesn't really come off as one despite his understanding of centripetal force. Poseidon knows one ******* attack, bro. Zerofuku is probably the least experienced fighter here despite being a god, unless he also gained the experience and memories from the Gods of Fortune; Cataxstrophe is an incredibly versatile and powerful weapon, but Zero mostly wildly swings it due to being overcome with rage. Adam, if his opponent is divine, will just copy whatever move is thrown at him, he's apparently a master of raw unarmed combat but I'm not putting him above Raiden because of a statement from Heimdall)
my-image_1.png

Raw Strength (There no denying that Thor and Lü Bu are physically the strongest ************* in the series. Zeus overpowered Shiva in base form and Adam could keep up with him, the series makes it very clear why Zeus has the position he has. Raiden and Shiva come in third basically, with Raiden being the stronger of the two, the two could sound sound with an attack and destroy a mountain's peak over time, with the strongest muscles out there these two are the peaks of there respective communities. Hades, can perform strikes so powerful that it straight up just ignores a counter, held off an entire army of Titans on his own, the power behind his thrusts created air currents strong enough to cut Qin. Pāpīyas may be the least favourite character for a lot of people, but no one can deny that he's strong as hell, bro smashed through several divine weapons and was too powerful for his original body. Leonidas decimated the arena he was fighting in with several attacks and destroyed a large statue with a single punch. Heracles could destroy several off brand divine weapons and smash buildings with his attacks, is well known for his strength despite being a demi-god. Buddha, not much for being up here other than that he could keep up with Pāpīyas in combat, threatened him with several of his attack and did manage to kill him upon getting the ultimate völundr. Qin, threw around Ares, though the Heavenly Hands of Defense are more skill than strength, killed a demon god with his bare hands through unknown means. Poseidon one shot Adamas and Kojirō could parry attacks from him, even at his strongest. Apollo, fast on his feet but his physical blow were far from enough to put Leonidas down, even with his strongest punch, required Artemis to finish him off even if he was beating Leonidas's ass for most of the fight. Zerofuku, swung around that massive axe like nobodies business, strong enough to make Buddha bring out his shield and gets stronger over time. Tesla was able to carve into the arena with his whiffed attacks but failed to killed Beelzebub with a direct hit, managed to crushed Beelzebub's fingers with his final move. Jack is a strong ass human when dealing with average criminals and sometimes above average ones, was able to pick up a man with one hands and tear a hole through a man by throwing a cannonball through him. Beelzebub relies entirely on his vibrations to fight, was one shot by an attack from a Hades who was holding back)
my-image.png

Speed, the hardest to rank (S tier be zooming, no need to explain much. Tesla's Telsa Steps make his average speed actually impressive with his ability to make quick turns with slowing down. Apollo is an out-boxer to his core, weaves through onslaught of attacks like it is nothing and can even dodge close range blows at the last second, once he brings out that bow he becomes the third fastest but he sticks to his fists for the most part. Shiva can perform Tandava where his predictable dance can feel like a thousand men railing on you at once, wish I could have that happen to me. Buddha is a quick fighter with and without the future sight, Pāpīyas could keep up with him. Despite being overwhelmed by Tandava, Raiden was still able to hit Shiva while he was using it, muscle control allows him to get quick bursts of speed. Jack the Ripper dodged a ton of attacks from from Heracles, caught a bullet with piano wire, dodge sniper shots, and skipped through an entire city block in a few seconds. Qin was able to dodge a few attacks from Hades, even reacting to some of his surprise attacks. Hades isn't anywhere near as fast as his brothers, but his speed is still impressive, blitzed Beelzebub in their first encounter. Beelzebub managed to dodge all of Tesla's opening attacks, but turtled when Tesla brought out his faster attack. Lü Bu was able to keep up with the greatest horse in all of China in a foot race and performed strikes so fast his opponents couldn't react to them. Much slower than Apollo but still performed a few quick attacks during his fight, Leonidas's final charge against Apollo came off as fast to me. Heracles, nothing too impressive to note about his speed, deflected a few knives thrown at him by Jack the Ripper and managed to land a few blows on him despite all odds. So, Thor is probably meant to be a really fast fighter because of his killing that one jötunn with swing so fast that nobody saw it, but man did he not come off as fast at all in Round 1, bros attacks are heavy as hell but have one hell of a wind-up. Zero, but man handled by Buddha, didn't really get to show off much in terms of speed due to Buddha's future sight. )
my-image.png

There no denying that Thor and Lü Bu are physically the strongest ************* in the series.
Debatable. Since the only thing that mentions the strength of Thor being > all the gods is just a promotional page from the comic Zenon for the Lubu spin off.

And the feats in the arena are usually much inferior to what the characters are (They are 5-B with no talents in 5-B screen)

i attempted to rank the fighters based on Skill, Power, and Speed

Skill (Kojirō, Qin, and Lü Bu have all perfected their fighting styles. While Sumo Wrestling may not seem too impressive as a fighting style, Raiden's dedication to the fighting style allowed him to keep up with Shiva, even as he went all out. Shiva himself is an incredible fighter, completely natural at it, even managing to be even with Rudra in terms of skill despite him constantly training. Apollo has mastered both archery and boxing, among many other things. Zeus loves to fight and has perfected many punches, even managing to do one that can stop time. Jack the Ripper should be called Jack of All Trades with the amount of weapons he's able to use to kill proficiently, anything in his hands can be a weapon, he can learn new shit on the fly, and he's probably the best strategist in the series. Beelzebub marched straight into hell to fight demons in order to kill himself, he got his with Tesla Warp once and called it out for being ass, highlighting nearly all of it weaknesses. Leonidas is a fighter with a lot of experience and can fight with a variety of different styles. Buddha also has a ton of weapons that he can fight with. Hades is probably the oldest ************ here, his fight with Qin showed a that he was a skillful powerhouse, attempting many different ways to get past Qin's Heavenly Hands of Defense and Tortoise Ripples. Not much to talk about for Heracles, fist or mace, he'll ** you up either way. Pāpīyas is fine with any sort of tool for slaughter, but is mostly a dumb brute. Not a dumb brute, but still not a good fighter, Nikola Tesla has a lot of good ideas but there execution doesn't turn out the best, whiffed a ton of punches early into the fight. Thor is probably meant to be a skilled fighter doesn't really come off as one despite his understanding of centripetal force. Poseidon knows one ***** attack, bro. Zerofuku is probably the least experienced fighter here despite being a god, unless he also gained the experience and memories from the Gods of Fortune; Cataxstrophe is an incredibly versatile and powerful weapon, but Zero mostly wildly swings it due to being overcome with rage. Adam, if his opponent is divine, will just copy whatever move is thrown at him, he's apparently a master of raw unarmed combat but I'm not putting him above Raiden because of a statement from Heimdall)
my-image_1.png

Raw Strength (There no denying that Thor and Lü Bu are physically the strongest ************* in the series. Zeus overpowered Shiva in base form and Adam could keep up with him, the series makes it very clear why Zeus has the position he has. Raiden and Shiva come in third basically, with Raiden being the stronger of the two, the two could sound sound with an attack and destroy a mountain's peak over time, with the strongest muscles out there these two are the peaks of there respective communities. Hades, can perform strikes so powerful that it straight up just ignores a counter, held off an entire army of Titans on his own, the power behind his thrusts created air currents strong enough to cut Qin. Pāpīyas may be the least favourite character for a lot of people, but no one can deny that he's strong as hell, bro smashed through several divine weapons and was too powerful for his original body. Leonidas decimated the arena he was fighting in with several attacks and destroyed a large statue with a single punch. Heracles could destroy several off brand divine weapons and smash buildings with his attacks, is well known for his strength despite being a demi-god. Buddha, not much for being up here other than that he could keep up with Pāpīyas in combat, threatened him with several of his attack and did manage to kill him upon getting the ultimate völundr. Qin, threw around Ares, though the Heavenly Hands of Defense are more skill than strength, killed a demon god with his bare hands through unknown means. Poseidon one shot Adamas and Kojirō could parry attacks from him, even at his strongest. Apollo, fast on his feet but his physical blow were far from enough to put Leonidas down, even with his strongest punch, required Artemis to finish him off even if he was beating Leonidas's ass for most of the fight. Zerofuku, swung around that massive axe like nobodies business, strong enough to make Buddha bring out his shield and gets stronger over time. Tesla was able to carve into the arena with his whiffed attacks but failed to killed Beelzebub with a direct hit, managed to crushed Beelzebub's fingers with his final move. Jack is a strong ass human when dealing with average criminals and sometimes above average ones, was able to pick up a man with one hands and tear a hole through a man by throwing a cannonball through him. Beelzebub relies entirely on his vibrations to fight, was one shot by an attack from a Hades who was holding back)
my-image.png

Speed, the hardest to rank (S tier be zooming, no need to explain much. Tesla's Telsa Steps make his average speed actually impressive with his ability to make quick turns with slowing down. Apollo is an out-boxer to his core, weaves through onslaught of attacks like it is nothing and can even dodge close range blows at the last second, once he brings out that bow he becomes the third fastest but he sticks to his fists for the most part. Shiva can perform Tandava where his predictable dance can feel like a thousand men railing on you at once, wish I could have that happen to me. Buddha is a quick fighter with and without the future sight, Pāpīyas could keep up with him. Despite being overwhelmed by Tandava, Raiden was still able to hit Shiva while he was using it, muscle control allows him to get quick bursts of speed. Jack the Ripper dodged a ton of attacks from from Heracles, caught a bullet with piano wire, dodge sniper shots, and skipped through an entire city block in a few seconds. Qin was able to dodge a few attacks from Hades, even reacting to some of his surprise attacks. Hades isn't anywhere near as fast as his brothers, but his speed is still impressive, blitzed Beelzebub in their first encounter. Beelzebub managed to dodge all of Tesla's opening attacks, but turtled when Tesla brought out his faster attack. Lü Bu was able to keep up with the greatest horse in all of China in a foot race and performed strikes so fast his opponents couldn't react to them. Much slower than Apollo but still performed a few quick attacks during his fight, Leonidas's final charge against Apollo came off as fast to me. Heracles, nothing too impressive to note about his speed, deflected a few knives thrown at him by Jack the Ripper and managed to land a few blows on him despite all odds. So, Thor is probably meant to be a really fast fighter because of his killing that one jötunn with swing so fast that nobody saw it, but man did he not come off as fast at all in Round 1, bros attacks are heavy as hell but have one hell of a wind-up. Zero, but man handled by Buddha, didn't really get to show off much in terms of speed due to Buddha's future sight. )
my-image.png
They really had to get Lu Bu out of there first round huh

If you guys were to swap around the fight order, how does it go? All matchups remain the same.
1. Zeus vs Adam
2. Shiva vs Raiden Tameemon
3.Thor vs Lü Bu
4. Poseidon vs Kojirō Sasaki
5. Apollo vs Leonidas
6. Susanoo-no-Mikoto vs Okita Souji
7. Hades vs Qin Shi Huang
8. Beelzebub vs Nikola Tesla
9. Heracles vs Jack the Ripper
10. Zerofuku vs Buddha

Bro has the gods off to an absolutely dominating start. 3-0 followed by 4-1? Madness. I will say I do like that humanity never even ties the score with this line up though.

Lu Bu vs Thor probably becomes R13 though since they seem to stick their beatsticks first and last. Basic switcheroo of their canon lineup.

He still has a better kit than say … Leo. Leo is simply just stronger I guess via scaling > Grips or whatever his name was.

But it’s good to see people finally translating the last arc of Flying General into English after so long.

You know ive been thinking, is it ever stated or implied in the series that volund increases stats or is it simething we came up with?

We should probably creation völundr page as terminology for Record of Ragnarok , make it its own thing so that we don't have to keep adding "Limited Weapon Creation, Fusionism, Soul Manipulation and Multiple Selves" to every einherjar's page. You can just link the völundr page in their powers and abilities list

We should probably creation völundr page as terminology for Record of Ragnarok , make it its own thing so that we don't have to keep adding "Limited Weapon Creation, Fusionism, Soul Manipulation and Multiple Selves" to every einherjar's page. You can just link the völundr page in their powers and abilities list
Also explaining its mechanics

Also explaining its mechanics
Well well well

its a little outdated since I got busy but I can get just get back into it. I also think I tried to make a thread for it a long while back

Round 10: Two slayers that were abondonded by their sisters, while Susanoo eventually made up with his, Okita would find a new family in Shinsengumi. Both value their family above all else and do anything for them, with what they're best at being killing. They pick up the blade with only one intention, to kill

To differentiate these two fighters from Kojirō, Okita and Susanoo will have different fighting styles. Susanoo will be fast and strong; his swings like lightning, and his strikes like thunder. Okita will be like Kojirō in a way, a fast fighter who can't take a hit too well, though Okita is different in that unlike Kojirō, who is defensive in his fighting, Okita will be offensive, never relenting in his attacks.

While Kojirō wields his blade in a methodical way, with honor and the dedication that humanity has spent practicing and perfecting the blade, Okita will wield the blade in its truest form, to cause bloodshed, the exact same way Susanoo wields his.

(This is just speculation from me)

Round 10: Two slayers that were abondonded by their sisters, while Susanoo eventually made up with his, Okita would find a new family in Shinsengumi. Both value their family above all else and do anything for them, with what they're best at being killing. They pick up the blade with only one intention, to kill

To differentiate these two fighters from Kojirō, Okita and Susanoo will have different fighting styles. Susanoo will be fast and strong; his swings like lightning, and his strikes like thunder. Okita will be like Kojirō in a way, a fast fighter who can't take a hit too well, though Okita is different in that unlike Kojirō, who is defensive in his fighting, Okita will be offensive, never relenting in his attacks.

While Kojirō wields his blade in a methodical way, with honor and the dedication that humanity has spent practicing and perfecting the blade, Okita will wield the blade in its truest form, to cause bloodshed, the exact same way Susanoo wields his.

(This is just speculation from me)
Isn't Okita supposed to be a super special prodigy thought with a super special sword style

Yes, he's no doubt a prodigy. Bro has been fighting since he was child (In the Shinsengumi manga he killed a dude when he first picked up the blade). Okita led the first Shinsengumi squad despite being one of its youngest members
You know it's gonna be crazy if in the seats there's other Shinengumi members like Hijikata or Hajime, since some of the members have living decendants and relatives today that could reasonably read the series.

Get em to translate the fanbook :devilish:

this is a joke, actually tell them they have done an amazing job on their work
But also do get them to translate the fan book tbh 😂
In fact, this was already happening.

Anne is working with a YouTuber (who also translates RoR) to translate this.

They were scanning and translating.

I don't know what it's like now.

Back