• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

From what I remember correctly, Aphrodite also was an original member for the gods, which makes sense with her presence and that one time where she got angry and was looked like she was about to fight and Bishamonten was supposed to be the traitor and not buddha as he wasn't part of the list originally.

Anyways my prediction is that Siegfried will be given the option to be set free by the gods but to fight for them and the a very not so obvious outcome of having him fight against Brunhilde either through Brunhilde going next without realizing its Siegfried or her saying she's the only one who can fight him because he's her lover.

So to reiterate what's been discussed before, only Thor, Beelz's vibrations, Adamas Zeus, Tandava Shiva, Lu Bu, Raiden, Adam, and Tesla will be 5-B, while the rest of the fighting cast will be downgraded to Low 5-B+?

From what I remember correctly, Aphrodite also was an original member for the gods, which makes sense with her presence and that one time where she got angry and was looked like she was about to fight and Bishamonten was supposed to be the traitor and not buddha as he wasn't part of the list originally.
Aphrodite was originally going to fight Nobutsuna Kamiizumi, the fight would be replaced with Poseidon vs Kojirō

Leonidas is most likely going to win, looking at this from a narrative perspective
I can sort of see it from a narrative perspective but do you really think humanity is gonna get another dub and make the gods keep playing catch-up? Gods haven’t had a streak since the start which really makes em seem like they ain’t a threat.

I feel like Apollo wins but he takes a personal loss by not living up to his own self-imposed limits rather than Leo getting a tainted win.
Apollo is a really fun character
Ong. Dude is such an arrogant asshole but the type you can’t help but like. His flexing is insane 😂

Also, I take this opportunity to say:
We should change the name of the verse
Record of Ragnarok is a name for the main manga and represents only the main manga; however, the actual title of the franchise is Shūmatsu no Valkyrie (or so I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, I take this opportunity to say:
We should change the name of the verse
Record of Ragnarok is a name for the main manga and represents only the main manga; however, the actual title of the franchise is Shūmatsu no Valkyrie (or so I think, correct me if I'm wrong).
SnV is just the Japanese title, Record of Ragnarok is the title use in most English speaking territories.

Record of Ragnarok encompasses

Record of Ragnarok
The Legend of Lü Bu "The Flying General
Trash Jack the Ripper Case Files
And possibly Chiruran: Shinsengumi Requiem

That’s the case with all of the spin offs? Shinsengumi Requiem and Case Files have no bearing on RoR either lol. The whole point of Flying General and Case Files is to show bits of Jack and Lu Bu’s lives.

The Lü Bu spin-off in great. They really show how much of an absolute menace that ************ was. It gave Lü Bu some spotlight after he got ****** over by round 1, even going more in depth into Lü Bu's life

Jack's spin-off is hot trash, actively takes away from the character

The Lü Bu spin-off in great. They really show how much of an absolute menace that ************ was. It gave Lü Bu some spotlight after he got ****** over by round 1, even going more in depth into Lü Bu's life

Jack's spin-off is hot trash, actively takes away from the character
Fans give little care about Lu Bu; he gets an enjoyable story

Fans love Jack; he gets hot trash for a story

Flying General is honestly great. The very first “arc” took place from Chen Gong’s POV and it sets the stage for exactly what we can expect. Just like him and the rest of Lu Bu’s army, we don’t really get a look into Lu Bu’s head but just follow along with the story cuz he is a complete badass. The whole spin off is always viewed from a bunch of other perspectives to provides exposition and even when the peanut gallery are missing, the narrator swoops in to tell the story and explain things instead which really makes it understandable why so many people followed him in life.

For the next spin-off, I’m rooting Herc going through his 12 Labors. I’d want Thor but he is too similar to Lu Bu personality wise which just results in him steamrolling everything since their entire theme is uber strong guy who has no challenge. Other possible options I’d like are Shiva and Hades. The former could do with going over a bit more of his life (we have a gauntlet of 1,000 gods, rizz ing up 3 wives and having at least 1 kid to account for dammit) while the latter can be an overview of all the stuff the Greeks went through with Hades providing commentary.

For the next spin-off, I’m rooting Herc going through his 12 Labors. I’d want Thor but he is too similar to Lu Bu personality wise which just results in him steamrolling everything since their entire theme is uber strong guy who has no challenge. Other possible options I’d like are Shiva and Hades. The former could do with going over a bit more of his life (we have a gauntlet of 1,000 gods, rizz ing up 3 wives and having at least 1 kid to account for dammit) while the latter can be an overview of all the stuff the Greeks went through with Hades providing commentary.
Okay, but Thor is a wedding dress

Back