• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

I can see?
Here

I mean the scale, who scales from whom? Are they Baseline Planetary or is there one that scales above or below that?
Baseline.

The main thing comes from Thor.

Why is it escalating to everyone these days? That's what LoK said. Heracles was considered to have the strength of Zeus, and Ares was able to compare to him (in the flashback), and like all the gods of Ragnarok > Ares, all planetary.

There are some who get rid of this scale. Zeus that climbs directly from Thor, maybe Shiva consider themselves as something not flowery (I don't know how they currently consider it) and maybe there's something else.

Here

Baseline.

The main thing comes from Thor.

Why is it escalating to everyone these days? That's what LoK said. Heracles was considered to have the strength of Zeus, and Ares was able to compare to him (in the flashback), and like all the gods of Ragnarok > Ares, all planetary.

There are some who get rid of this scale. Zeus that climbs directly from Thor, maybe Shiva consider themselves as something not flowery (I don't know how they currently consider it) and maybe there's something else.
My problem is: Heracles who "had the strength of Zeus" became stronger after that his battle with Ares and still there is no mention of him surpassing Zeus, besides that Zeus was able to parry the final blow of the Ares vs. Heracles, on top of this, Zeus also has direct scaling with Shiva, so it seems weird to me to assume that scaling Ares = scaling Zeus strength

My problem is: Heracles who "had the strength of Zeus" became stronger after that his battle with Ares and still there is no mention of him surpassing Zeus, besides that Zeus was able to parry the final blow of the Ares vs. Heracles, on top of this, Zeus also has direct scaling with Shiva, so it seems weird to me to assume that scaling Ares = scaling Zeus strength
Well, I didn't make that scale, so bleh.

From my point of view, it's safer to say that he has a strength close to Zeus, but considering that they chose Thor (That the mentions of his power is Baseline 5-B) over Ares... I think Ares and Heracles Ambrosia should scaling to "At most 5-C+", everyone who scales above Ares is 5-B and then those who have direct scaling of some other god of Ragnarok exceed Baseline 5-B
It's one of the things that I'll put in my CTR (although I'm rereading the manga first), but I want to ask right now, QSH without Volunt scales above Ares (possible), right? The profile says effortlessly hurled, and I'm not sure if that makes it scale to Ares or above Ares

The thing is that most of the fighters don’t scale to the 5-B. As the strongest Norse, non of Thor’s own Pantheon scale to him, people argue base Zeus does but there isn’t any evidence for that and any vague attestations of power would only apply to him in general which we tend to lowball to their highest forms (so Adamas in this case), Shiva only has 5-B with Tandava Karma so Zeus forcing his base to the ground is a dead end etc.

The OG roster = top 13 gods so the fact that the stronger ones or amped forms are all that scale to baseline, most down scale to 5-C+. Only Thor, Adamas, Tandava Karma, Beelzebub’s vibrations, a bunch of the PPP moves, and Zero Buddha should scale.

Qin scaling to Ares should be valid imo. He’s already shown to be able to kill gods so him bullying Ares no diff seems fair to scale him above.

Edit: Adamas Zeus is a maybe and I somehow forgot Lu Bu scales straight up.

Last edited:
The thing is that most of the fighters don’t scale to the 5-B. As the strongest Norse, non of Thor’s own Pantheon scale to him, people argue base Zeus does but there isn’t any evidence for that and any vague attestations of power would only apply to him in general which we tend to lowball to their highest forms (so Adamas in this case), Shiva only has 5-B with Tandava Karma so Zeus forcing his base to the ground is a dead end etc.

The OG roster = top 13 gods so the fact that the stronger ones or amped forms are all that scale to baseline, most down scale to 5-C+. Only Thor, Adamas, Tandava Karma, Beelzebub’s vibrations, a bunch of the PPP moves, and Zero Buddha should scale.

Qin scaling to Ares should be valid imo. He’s already shown to be able to kill gods so him bullying Ares no diff seems fair to scale him above.
ok i'll have to check that out
Why is the whole verse escalating to a planetary level in VSBW then?

For the moment I would say continue little by little, fix the profiles (P&A, links, references, stats of human versions of the characters without direct scaling to anyone) and minor changes to the scaling at most...
Once we've done that, we can have a big discussion about the actual scaling of the characters (plus, by that time we'll probably be done/very far along with the King Leonidas vs. Apollo fight).

Shiva definitely wasn’t scared considering he was more than willing to throw down with Zeus before deciding it wasn’t worth it but him being weaker is pretty clear cut.
Yeah, not saying he's stronger or anything, I think it's just wrong to say he was scared. He just stood down because he knew Zeus wouldn't relent.

I know. Just figured I’d be really blatant with my words just in case since a lot of people think those two things go hand in hand depending on their agenda. Zeus/Adam stans insist Shiva was shook af for some reason (we all know why) while Shiva wankers huff cope and to put him > Zeus just cuz he is willing to fight.

Well Hades isn’t a Chief God (which is a fan grouping I think) since that refers to the ones who are the leaders of their pantheon but what exactly are you wondering about cuz I stg I thought I knew a few mins ago but am lost now lol

Well Hades isn’t a Chief God (which is a fan grouping I think) since that refers to the ones who are the leaders of their pantheon but what exactly are you wondering about cuz I stg I thought I knew a few mins ago but am lost now lol
Oh, I'm just wondering about how the chief gods scale to eachother, mainly Odin. Though, I guess since Thor isn't in that group, then those 3 would just be 5-C+ right? (Minus Adamas form and Tandava Karma)

I just want to say one thing.

Some justifications in the profiles are laughable.

Hades
I don't know how to create pages, so thanks to the guy who made the pages for them to change in the future. But seriously, I just find stuff like that really weird.

Jack has a similar thing about manipulating fear, which I'll most likely trade for social influence or simply dismiss.

Oh, I'm just wondering about how the chief gods scale to eachother, mainly Odin. Though, I guess since Thor isn't in that group, then those 3 would just be 5-C+ right? (Minus Adamas form and Tandava Karma)
Narratively, I (and probably everyone else) get the feeling that Odin will be ~ Zeus = 5-B but rn all we can really say is Odin > Loki who thinks he can run Post-Poseidon Kojiro’s fade, and Odin > Seven Lucky Gods. There is an argument to be made for Odin > Six Realms Buddha since Buddha wanted to fight, harps on about how no one can make him do shit but him and yet Buddha buckles under his aura and backs off like everyone else when Odin gets mad. But best case that just makes him 5-C+ going by the Ares = base Herc scaling from above.

Personally, I don’t think most even back scale to 5-C+ since Herc gets stronger since his fight with Ares and the rest who don’t already scale to 5-B all have no scaling besides > Ares.

Being able to break Divine Weapons in a hit is like … the only good way to measure across the fighters and half don’t even accomplish it.

Also would Adam, Lu Bu, and Raiden be the only 5-B humans if some of the other gods get downscaled to 5-C+?
Tesla too but pretty much yeah.
But why not 5-B? They all have Volunds and have power to hurt the gods.

Shouldn't they be 5-b (at least on offense) simply for having strong weapons to hurt a god?
The gods don’t have 5-B dura outside of the ones who have 5-B statements, Zeus who is > Shiva and Beel whose vibrations scale to Mjölnir. The rest have nothing that puts them on that level.

The gods don’t have 5-B dura outside of the ones who have 5-B statements, Zeus who is > Shiva and Beel whose vibrations scale to Mjölnir. The rest have nothing that puts them on that level.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the Volunds' ability to "hurt any god".

Even knives when they were transformed into divine weapons managed to hurt Heracles who despite things is still a top tier god.

Even blood turned into a divine weapon managed to hurt Heracles.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the Volunds' ability to "hurt any god".

Even knives when they were transformed into divine weapons managed to hurt Heracles who despite things is still a top tier god.

Even blood turned into a divine weapon managed to hurt Heracles.
Volundrs aren’t there to give the Einherjar the ability to harm gods but weapons that can survive contact with divine weapons.

When they talk about Jack’s gloves, it’s a generalisation since the point of it all is to emphasise that anything he touches is a viable weapon, not that it can actually harm any god since Thor causes the strongest divine weapon to snap in his hand unless the strongest defense nerfs him. Jack’s arms would break if he tried to use Dear God on the likes of Thor.

Back