• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Battle doesn't look good for Hades.

Qin's Valkyrie special ability is something to do with defense apparently.

apparently to Zeus and Hermes Qin is stronger, but Hades is faster and has more experience. With Qin's air blows hard to flow/predict.

They fight, with Qin kicking Hades' arm and taking a large chunk of flesh, all the way to the muscle fibers.

Beezl is making a monster, monster breaks loose. Tries to attack Beelz but its arm gets cut too fast for it to see or even for the readers to see.

Monster tries to run away, but gets stopped by iron man type character.

the person is Adamas (Forth brother of zeus, poseidon and hades). He is kept alive as a cyborg under Hades permission. They watch fight

Adamas asks if Beezl goal is still to make strong monsters, which he replies with that his goal is always been the same, to make something strong enough to kill him.

Hades is going to bring out more moves, cuts his chest and uses the blood as gel, just like poseidon did in his fight with kojiro.
Belzeebub strongest character????

Finally found and read chapter 61 and despite Beelzebub’s prediction what I saw enforces my belief that QSH will lose his rematch against death. I definitely am rooting for him as an amazing character who could not be more different from a certain other QSH so I hope I’m wrong and it goes without saying that I want to see how they use his search for immortality in this story along with seeing Hades’ backstory in general.

Up to this point QSH’s been portrayed as someone who’s a king for the sake of others so maybe he saw the kingdom’s destabilizing after his death and sought to prevent it? It’s the height of desperation or arrogance to seek something that many heroes who have performed many impossible tasks have failed to find so I doubt it was just a whim.

If you guys don't know, the spoilers for 62/63 were out long ago:

Japanese: ハイ!そこまで ! 結果出ました~!反復横跳び、1億3千42回 !
English: Ok ! At this point ! I got the results-! Poseidon's repeated side steps, 100,003,042 times!

Stopwatch shows that less than 1 second passed.
Damm!(I mean would it really be that bad to include the feat? Like isn’t this supposed to be a bonus of sone kind?)

I'll be honest and this may be an unpopular opinion but the quality of writing has dropped a lot since the early fights. The series also is severely lacking in meaningful female representation. It can be somewhat excused for most others but why is Persephone not a big part of Hades' backstory. Dude names his attacks after her ffs.

I'll be honest and this may be an unpopular opinion but the quality of writing has dropped a lot since the early fights. The series also is severely lacking in meaningful female representation. It can be somewhat excused for most others but why is Persephone not a big part of Hades' backstory.
Lack of female presentation isn't unpopular take if you ask me
Also more Aphrodite screentime pls

The few things that kinda have made RoR die down for me is:

1- Diversity. Its just well know gods mostly of Greek and Nordic, which is cool but could of been ore diverse. AS some have mentioned, even female fighters. Aphrodite seemingly a strong goddess, would be cool to see her fight someone like Tomoe Gozen or maybe Jeanne De Arc...

2- Predictable Format. Characters enter -> they fight -> one reveals something and get upper hand with their backstory shown -> others backstory and their own special something to level the field -> final fight -> winner.

While it is entertaining, ever fight is a hard fight. I've been reading this new manga (can't remember the name) but its a tournament battle, with the first two fights being good hard brawls, but then the third fight comes in and its a complete stomp. First two fights being around 5-7 chapters, while fight 3 is 3 only. Its refreshing, it quick, it showcases that this character is strong and special.

3- Backgrounds. Jack and Heracles had the best background, the city of London. A lot could have been down with that fight and it did. While the rest are in a bland arena, even Kojiro's was meh. The same aforementioned manga also does this right as so far each fight had been in complete different settings.

So yeah, still a fair few fights, but I hope some things start happening.

I can definitely agree with the Greek gods. It’s either punch hard or stab faster. At least the Nords are only a third of the divine roster while having one big strong dude and two guys who have actual hax. Greeks have taken half the roster and it’s just not that interesting beyond Hades backstory. Humans actually show interesting abilities and are where basically all of the variety comes from.

Also is it just me or is the destructive power of the series severely lacking.like sure we have sone good statements but the best thing we have gotten is Lu bud and Thor’s clash. Hell even Hercules’s Cerberus thing was ass dispute being hyped up by Zeus. Plus most of the gods don’t rarely use any of there canonical abilities(with the expectation of Thor and Buddha I guess). Like posdein just parts the water for his entrance an that’s it. Zeus is never shown even chuking a lighting bolt even in flashbacks and hades litterly just uses his bident and that’s it. Hopefully Odin and Loki well show more interesting abilities

Hades win, pretty predictable.
Agreed, QSH has fought death and lost before and the narrative implications of this are all too obvious.
I can definitely agree with the Greek gods. It’s either punch hard or stab faster. At least the Nords are only a third of the divine roster while having one big strong dude and two guys who have actual hax. Greeks have taken half the roster and it’s just not that interesting beyond Hades backstory. Humans actually show interesting abilities and are where basically all of the variety comes from.
Isn't that the point though? The gods haven't had reasons to develop new powers for thousands of years so they're relatively boring compared to the humans that grow.
Plus most of the gods don’t rarely use any of there canonical abilities(with the expectation of Thor and Buddha I guess). Like posdein just parts the water for his entrance an that’s it. Zeus is never shown even chuking a lighting bolt even in flashbacks and hades litterly just uses his bident and that’s it. Hopefully Odin and Loki well show more interesting abilities
Yeah it's interesting to see RoR's additions to known people but it's an understandable complaint when oh so little of the original is left. Heracles especially has basically nothing in common with his mythological self while both Sasaki and Jack were practically in the roster just so they could make an OC.

Isn't that the point though? The gods haven't had reasons to develop new powers for thousands of years so they're relatively boring compared to the humans that grow.
Gods being stagnant af is one thing but all these guys know how to do is hit harder or faster. Zeus didn’t use lightning and instead used time manip just to punch fast, Heracles has a weapon that just lets him hit in different ways, Poseidon just stabbed faster and faster, Shiva didn’t use a bunch of Divine Weapons and lit himself on fire by dancing, Hades just slams whatever is in front of him.

Thor gets a pass for (being the strongest) doing all the main stuff he has, while Buddha (has Enlightenment) and Zero’s weapons are dependent on their emotional state, and Hajun had body control stuff for some variety.

Forgot to mention a couple of days ago, Qin wins.
Where did you get that information? I just read the chapter about Hades as a brother so I assumed that what you were spoiling came from there but it seems I was wrong. Actually why do y’all always seem to have access to one more month of stuff than I can find?

Isreal.
Oh, it's not actually available yet. Well that explains a lot but in that case may @PowerToScale please mention next time that they're spoiling raw scans instead of the most recent chapter?

Oh, it's not actually available yet. Well that explains a lot but in that case may @PowerToScale please mention next time that they're spoiling raw scans instead of the most recent chapter?
Its pretty much common sense that a spoiler would be for the raws or content not out. I mean, why would I put a spoiler for a latest translated chapter that has been out for almost a month.

Its pretty much common sense that a spoiler would be for the raws or content not out. I mean, why would I put a spoiler for a latest translated chapter that has been out for almost a month.
Because it’s only been out for a few days? It’s really not “common sense” to assume a spoiler is about a chapter you’re unable to read when the most recent chapter was only just available for me to read and by extension only just read by me. Quite the opposite in fact.

You know I just realized something, since Buddha decided to fight for humanity and zero fought for the gods. Wouldn’t that mean we get an extra round since Buddha ****** with the rounds or whatever?
That makes more sense than what I was thinking (one of the humans just not getting to fight) but that begs the question of “who’s the new god?” because Zerofuku (as Bishamonten) was already in the list and Buddha was replaced by Hades leaving the teams at 14 for the humans and 13 for the gods. If it’s someone who’s already shown up I hope Ares gets added to the roster (because funny) but I doubt that’ll happen.

Found this cool looking fanart

lac5izap8a471.jpg

Icarus vs. Huītzilōpōchtli by AlexWizzard!!!​

Because it’s only been out for a few days? It’s really not “common sense” to assume a spoiler is about a chapter you’re unable to read when the most recent chapter was only just available for me to read and by extension only just read by me. Quite the opposite in fact.
I mean kinda is, that's how its been since the making of this discussion thread, spoiler generally = unreleased chapters/raws. Not trying to be a dick, but that seems like a you issue. I'm not going to put a spoiler around content relating to released chapters that everyone is up to date when you may not be.

Back