• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Human roster is cool. God roster is vanilla.
Really the reason it's cool is because they have several people not much is known about so they can make the cast their own characters. I think that's impressive and generally a good idea but it most certainly could be considered a good or bad thing.

What even funnier is that none of those gods are going to participate in the tourney, heck even majority of Greek Gods never display any of their power outside Zeus and his brothers

Simo Hayha is overrated
images

Simo Hayha is overrated
If you mean IRL then I partially agree. On one hand he only fought in a war next to
nobody in the US knows about (the winter war) but on the other hand he pretty much embodies why Finland didn’t just lose it and also would have been in WWII (among others) if he didn’t have to deal with his wound from losing half his face thanks to a high power bullet in the jaw.

There’s also the feats of having gotten well over two hundred confirmed kills with hundreds more unconfirmed in less than one hundred days and as a sniper in weather so bad that most people couldn’t see a thing. But of course he grew up in that weather so that’s more of a boon than a bane.

Really the part I agree about that is the fact that he could have done more but instead was around for a single war before getting shot and having to live until the ripe old age of 96. It’s actually ironic now that I think about it, and sad in a way.

Don't forget that man was the OG 360 No Scoper. No seriously, guy used a sniper without a scope because he didn't want the glint to give his position away. Didn't affect his aim one bit. The Russian army were so terrified of him they resorted to using artillery to carpet bombard the mountains rather than send soldiers after him since he would just pick them off.

Last edited:
The true identity of the doggo is Fenrir, bane of Odin and the prophesised killer of Odin during Ragnarok. Odin is only briefly able to register this before goodest boy tears off his head, killing the last god combatant and ending the Ragnarok tournament with a victory for humanity.
Ok this is both ridiculous, hilarious, and, something I can imagine and I have no idea how. While Odin certainly could not be expected to lose to anything less than his prophesied killer the idea of him being alongside the most “ordinary” of the combatants is bathe kind of thing that I can hardly believe anyone could think of… which is exactly why I can see it happening if the writers agree. 😆

Don't forget that man was the OG 360 No Scoper. No seriously, guy used a sniper without a scope because he didn't want the glint to give his position away. Didn't affect his aim one bit.
If I remember correct it was also to avoid it being fogged by the cold weather… and curse you for making me imagine him turning 360 degrees at a crouch then shooting someone, just because he can.

Then there’s him having a bitingly cold tongue because he didn’t want the fog of his breath giving him away.

If you mean IRL then I partially agree. On one hand he only fought in a war next to
nobody in the US knows about (the winter war) but on the other hand he pretty much embodies why Finland didn’t just lose it and also would have been in WWII (among others) if he didn’t have to deal with his wound from losing half his face thanks to a high power bullet in the jaw.

There’s also the feats of having gotten well over two hundred confirmed kills with hundreds more unconfirmed in less than one hundred days and as a sniper in weather so bad that most people couldn’t see a thing. But of course he grew up in that weather so that’s more of a boon than a bane.

Really the part I agree about that is the fact that he could have done more but instead was around for a single war before getting shot and having to live until the ripe old age of 96. It’s actually ironic now that I think about it, and sad in a way.
Don't forget that man was the OG 360 No Scoper. No seriously, guy used a sniper without a scope because he didn't want the glint to give his position away. Didn't affect his aim one bit. The Russian army were so terrified of him they resorted to using artillery to carpet bombard the mountains rather than send soldiers after him since he would just pick them off.
If I remember correct it was also to avoid it being fogged by the cold weather… and curse you for making me imagine him turning 360 degrees at a crouch then shooting someone, just because he can.

Then there’s him having a bitingly cold tongue because he didn’t want the fog of his breath giving him away.

Is the twist gonna be he's not even human?

None of them are human. Every single one of them displays superhuman or supernatural abilities. That's another issue I have with the writing. Makes it harder to root for anyone since it just feels like some godlike beings vs some gods. There should have been at least someone who gets victory via working through their human limitations and weaknesses.

That would be a lame twist considering how he is a human IRL and actually accomplished those deeds.
None of them are human. Every single one of them displays superhuman or supernatural abilities. That's another issue I have with the writing. Makes it harder to root for anyone since it just feels like some godlike beings vs some gods. There should have been at least someone who gets victory via working through their human limitations and weaknesses.
You underestimate the power of exaggeration and have a weird definition of human. At least Jack and QSH have abilities outright based on real life conditions and the abilities of Adam make perfect sense with what he is, to say nothing of those with superpowers “from training”. I already have mixed feelings about QSH having superhuman mirror touch synesthesia when it’s a variation of how I believe Jack’s eye came to be. Meanwhile Adam is portrayed as superhuman because of how he was built from clay with a godly spark. Then there’s the fact that I’m pretty sure Sasaki’s “scanning” was gained from him observing the world and his unique approach to training until it became that advanced. Lastly Lu Bu’s whole thing is just him training too hard to like his position as “the strongest.”

I have nothing to say about Raiden though.

Him swinging a halberd a bunch of times would involve him training his strength though lol. You can't do an exercise thousands of times and expect not to get stronger. He'd be getting stronger by default even if he was making a new technique.

Developed a new technique is still counted as training, no?
Shush you. Lu Bu was brought up in the context of being the strongest.
Him swinging a halberd a bunch of times would involve him training his strength though lol. You can't do an exercise thousands of times and expect not to get stronger. He'd be getting stronger by default even if he was making a new technique.
Not when it does nothing for him. He was always freakishly strong with nothing he does actually stressing him in terms of strength. Even in that scene to develop Sky Eater, he swings 10s of thousands of times with no sign of fatigue. It’s a city level guy doing normal human callisthenics.

Back