• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Not when it does nothing for him. He was always freakishly strong with nothing he does actually stressing him in terms of strength. Even in that scene to develop Sky Eater, he swings 10s of thousands of times with no sign of fatigue. It’s a city level guy doing normal human callisthenics.
Fair enough, I guess? If he was already City level then I don't understand why he'd need to develop a new technique to be City level lol, it makes it seem like if he wanted to he could've just jumped and punched the sky and Sky Eater wouldn't have made a difference.

Fair enough, I guess? If he was already City level then I don't understand why he'd need to develop a new technique to be City level lol, it makes it seem like if he wanted to he could've just jumped and punched the sky and Sky Eater wouldn't have made a difference.
Because he fought a dude who told him he would only find a challenge in heaven and got to practicing a super move

Right so uh … I’m goddamn feasting rn after those chapters. Straight up went and got Chinese takeout to celebrate 😂

High key hoping for another intermission situation like after Kojiro’s match where we see stuff outside of the arena since that was a quarter way through Ragnarok and we are now at the halfway point of the tournament. Also lines up with another top tier Greek god catching an L to get the gods fuming again. Calling it now, Match 10/11 is gonna have Apollo losing.

Speaking of Kojiro … he somehow wasn’t able to precog Qin’s final move 😭 Qin’s big brain play > scanning all of creation???

Slapped on spoilers just in case people haven’t read the chapters yet.

Honestly I wish there were more fights with Gods that weren't greek lol.

So far we've only had Japanese and Indian Gods fight as well as one Norse, but the rest has just been Greek.

Agreed, QSH has fought death and lost before and the narrative implications of this are all too obvious.
Finally found and read chapter 61 and despite Beelzebub’s prediction what I saw enforces my belief that QSH will lose his rematch against death. I definitely am rooting for him as an amazing character who could not be more different from a certain other QSH so I hope I’m wrong and it goes without saying that I want to see how they use his search for immortality in this story along with seeing Hades’ backstory in general.

Up to this point QSH’s been portrayed as someone who’s a king for the sake of others so maybe he saw the kingdom’s destabilizing after his death and sought to prevent it? It’s the height of desperation or arrogance to seek something that many heroes who have performed many impossible tasks have failed to find so I doubt it was just a whim.
I’m rooting for Qin in this rematch against death because (even with this cast) it is the same as me rooting for all of humanity to win this. That very reason is why I don’t think he’ll win because it’d subvert the truth about death but I can’t not root for someone who my brain is (maybe exaggeratedly) telling me is the embodiment of “real superpowers”.
There are legends about how QSH has fought death and lost. Given Hades' position this is clearly a rematch and while I think that he'll win this time I'm not sure. I have absolute confidence it will be clear once we get more backstory stuff from him and Hades though.
I wonder how they cover the legend of his attempt to become immortal and if my prior deductions were accurate. Maybe he chose to die a human instead of becoming a god when presented with those choices? I certainly doubt it’s going to be as lame as the historically accurate “he ate mercury thinking it would prolong his life and died.”
Wow, they really passed that up huh? As if it's not worth mentioning at all.

What kind of line ups would y’all have picked for the gods and their main gimmick ability like Enlightenment or Hades’ Ichor? Cuz we all annoyed with the Greeks existing just to lose and not even being interesting.
I would've given Hades some ******* awesome Underworld abilities like fire manipulation or necromancy or something like that cause for the love of Valhalla he was so LAME

Again, Shiva vs Raiden is the most random fight ever in this series, like God of Destruction vs.....a f***ing Man in dopping that his muscles got a tumor
At least every fight we seen has that thematic theme, except Shiva vs Raiden

Pretty much, yeah. Half of the humans are like that tho. Jack could just see emotions ever since he was a kid, Lu Bu was just monstrously strong for no reason to the point of killing giant boars and bears as a child, Alcides survived the ambrosia even though it was supposed to kill humans.

Yeah idk why the Gods looked down on humans so much Pre-Ragnarok when so many of them are absolutely jacked lol

Alcides survived the ambrosia even though it was supposed to kill humans.
The ambrosia didn't specifically kill humans. It only doesn't kill you when your a hero or some shit, and apparently Alcides was enough of a hero to become a demi-god or ******* whatever lmao.

The ambrosia didn't specifically kill humans. It only doesn't kill you when your a hero or some shit, and apparently Alcides was enough of a hero to become a demi-god or ******* whatever lmao.
Except Ares implies that was a lie when he says a human can’t drink the blood of gods unscathed.

Except Ares implies that was a lie when he says a human can’t drink the blood of gods unscathed.
That probably was just a lack of faith.
Lmfao.

Raiden was just jacked because 'yes'
The reason he couldn’t stand was retroactively changed to him being too muscular when his parents prayed for him to have the strength to stand /hj
Also Zeus only won against Adam because Adam had a stamina issue 🗿
*Especially draining power

Back