• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

I really like Qin, he's my favorite so far but im like 99% he's doomed.

I really doubt both of Zeus's brothers are gonna die.

Also my theory is that Humanity is gonna loose, but the God's let them survive just because of the amount of fun they had fighting and the amount of respect Humanity earned from the God's.
At this point i am not sure the tournment will even conclude, like odin might be planning something and hermes is pretty sus as well

1. Zero Buddha (precogs everyone below him, has the current strongest weapon so he can harm everyone else with ease)
  2. Thor (strongest god, strongest weapon (at the time), strongest defense that blocks everything else in Heaven)
  3. Lu Bu (reached the limit of human potential (in regards to stats) and strongest human, fought the strongest god (at the time) and was the only dude Thor considered a rival)
  4. Zeus (outlasted Adam)
  5. Adam (time punch and Eyes of the Lord means he bops Kojiro)
  6. Kojiro (beat Poseidon)
  7. Poseidon (comparisons to Zeus should make relative to base Zeus even if he is weaker and thus > Shiva)
  8. Shiva (planet/universe buster)
  9. Raiden (better statements than Herc cuz that strength of Zeus is cap)
  10. Hercules (gave the fight to Jack)
  11. Jack
Zero, Hajun and Bishamonten exist in a vacuum. Maybe they go above Herc since Herc is vaguely above Ares, Bishamonten is also > Ares, and Zero and Hajun are both massively above Bishamonten.

I honestly found Hades cooler when he wasn’t fighting, he seems kinda meh rn. QSH definitely the best human fighter. Dude doesn’t take any shit from people and just does what he wants like a force of nature. Super enjoyable to read.

I honestly found Hades cooler when he wasn’t fighting, he seems kinda meh rn. QSH definitely the best human fighter. Dude doesn’t take any shit from people and just does what he wants like a force of nature. Super enjoyable to read.
If by 'human fighters' we mean people who fought for humanity's side and not just humans, Buddha is definitely my pick for the best not even gonna lie. But if we just mean strictly humans, then yeah, QSH is my favorite right next to Adam.

If by 'human fighters' we mean people who fought for humanity's side and not just humans, Buddha is definitely my pick for the best not even gonna lie. But if we just mean strictly humans, then yeah, QSH is my favorite right next to Adam.
I 100% agree. Their attitude just screams "awesome" to me.

Although... Is it too much to ask for some background on how Buddha went from just a really wise person to a god? This version of him has the whole gimmick of "it doesn't take fighting a war with yourself to achieve enlightenment" but that makes it strange for him to become a freaking god that way.

I 100% agree. Their attitude just screams "awesome" to me.

Although... Is it too much to ask for some background on how Buddha went from just a really wise person to a god? This version of him has the whole gimmick of "it doesn't take fighting a war with yourself to achieve enlightenment" but that makes it strange for him to become a freaking god that way.
There's no need for background. He was just such a giga-chad that he ascended to godhood. That is all the context you need.

May someone please give me reason to believe that the gods fear Poseidon for a reason other than the fact he flaunts his strength more than the other gods his level? I personally subscribe to the belief that just how Sasaki never fought someone who he could beat Poseidon never fought someone who could beat him. Provided that they're both far stronger than you who would you fear more; someone who killed his own brother for trying to get his help or someone who always wears a goofy grin?

May someone please give me reason to believe that the gods fear Poseidon for a reason other than the fact he flaunts his strength more than the other gods his level? I personally subscribe to the belief that just how Sasaki never fought someone who he could beat Poseidon never fought someone who could beat him. Provided that they're both far stronger than you who would you fear more; someone who killed his own brother for trying to get his help or someone who always wears a goofy grin?
I mean, kind of a weird question, but I'd probably fear Poseidon more than Sasaki. Sasaki is a loveable goofball that can kill you, Poseidon is an insane unloveable egotistical prick who will kill you.

I mean, kind of a weird question, but I'd probably fear Poseidon more than Sasaki. Sasaki is a loveable goofball that can kill you, Poseidon is an insane unloveable egotistical prick who will kill you.
Sorry, explained poorly. The other guy was me referring to how the strongest god (Zeus) isn't feared a fraction of how much Poseidon is.

Sorry, explained poorly. The other guy was me referring to how the strongest god (Zeus) isn't feared a fraction of how much Poseidon is.
Ehhh, that's because Zeus won't like... murder you on a whim lol. I mean, he can definitely be threatening, and he is, but he doesn't reach to the level of Poseidon because he doesn't have to to be respected and feared, I guess.

Qin can see Ki points and can attack them, doing so he can basically damage his enemies more and obviously reduce their power because stopping the flow of KI.

Eseentially Neji.

with the only difference being that he seems to also receive that same injury.

Its basically saying Can Hades win, so gods win or does Qin win but because of his ability also die and end in a draw.

That was an interesting application of the connection between Qi flow and breathing. Instead of using it to channel his own QSH has found a way to throw off the Qi of others, even (or maybe especially) those whose strength has nothing to do with Qi.

I wonder… is Qi in RoR a source of spiritual power or simply a representation of one’s focus?

So it's like the flow of kinetic energy in a way that's as normal as blood flow and bioelectricity?
That’s how I read it yeah since everyone talks about the flow of the energy through the technique and even specify that “all things” have it rather than “living things” so it can’t be some kind of life energy. Could be wrong but I’d say we wait until next chapter when Hades eventually figures out how to counter it and explains it more.

TL;dr

It's just pressure points that stop Qi. Since it stops that area gets cut off an it becomes weaker or isn't able to function proper. Like how hitting a pressure point and someone's arm goes limp. Basic level pressure points.

The confusing part is the damage his opponent takes he also takes, since that's what his eyes apparently.

My reaction to chapter 59:
Record of Ragnarok loves having real life conditions be superpowers, especially in recent arcs, and I definitely am all for having such a thing to fit the theme of “strength of humanity” across all of human history. Just a few months ago I was talking to a friend of mine with Mirror Touch Synesthesia and I described his gift in a similar way. It isn’t there with any obligation for him to use it to walk any path at all or as a curse to feel other’s pain. Qin could have used his gift as an intimidation technique or even a way to see what puts the people around through the most pain, but he didn’t. He used it to help focus on those around him and help them. This is what makes Jack a foil in that he used his gift to hurt people and avoid consequences when Qin’s taking on of others’ pain and consequences lifted their own burdens. Do remember (this message applies to far more people than most think) if you have a gift that you are under no obligation to use it for good or evil. After all, if you were obliged to be a good person… then you aren’t being a good person out of choice.

I’m rooting for Qin in this rematch against death because (even with this cast) it is the same as me rooting for all of humanity to win this. That very reason is why I don’t think he’ll win because it’d subvert the truth about death but I can’t not root for someone who my brain is (maybe exaggeratedly) telling me is the embodiment of “real superpowers”.

After rereading the chapters after the Buddha fight, I noticed that Sasaki “I can see 1,000 steps ahead and scan the whole universe” Kojiro says that predicting the flow of attacks is impossible aka he can’t do it and neither Okita or his friend disagree and are surprised by it ….. guess QSH is the most skilled in the verse lmao

After rereading the chapters after the Buddha fight, I noticed that Sasaki “I can see 1,000 steps ahead and scan the whole universe” Kojiro says that predicting the flow of attacks is impossible aka he can’t do it and neither Okita or his friend disagree and are surprised by it ….. guess QSH is the most skilled in the verse lmao
More like he's the most attuned to a person's soul. If Adam's eyes are there to see the "output" of someone's power, Kojiro's are to see the "capabilities" of the person he's fought/is fighting, Jack's are to see the "shifting" of how someone is currently feeling, and the Buddah's are to see the "truth" of the world... then Qin's eyes are what can see the "energy" that flows through someone. They don't serve to see where someone's going but what they are doing on an incredibly precise level.

I believe his Mirror Touch Synesthesia's evolution has allowed him to feel the other person's flow of qi as if it has his own with knowledge of how to disrupt it and Kojiro believes it's impossible because his eyes see things in different places/times than most rather than seeing something that most can't.

I can see where you’re coming from but Kojiro even says that he can do it to stationary targets but not when they are in motion. The fact that he can predict exactly what they will do means that he should be able to track where the points are yet he still can’t.

That said, it was a joke since QSH isn’t doing it via skill since his eyes can just see the stars anyway. His magic martial arts tho … that stuff kinda built different.

Battle doesn't look good for Hades.

Qin's Valkyrie special ability is something to do with defense apparently.

apparently to Zeus and Hermes Qin is stronger, but Hades is faster and has more experience. With Qin's air blows hard to flow/predict.

They fight, with Qin kicking Hades' arm and taking a large chunk of flesh, all the way to the muscle fibers.

Beezl is making a monster, monster breaks loose. Tries to attack Beelz but its arm gets cut too fast for it to see or even for the readers to see.

Monster tries to run away, but gets stopped by iron man type character.

the person is Adamas (Forth brother of zeus, poseidon and hades). He is kept alive as a cyborg under Hades permission. They watch fight

Adamas asks if Beezl goal is still to make strong monsters, which he replies with that his goal is always been the same, to make something strong enough to kill him.

Hades is going to bring out more moves, cuts his chest and uses the blood as gel, just like poseidon did in his fight with kojiro.

Battle doesn't look good for Hades.

Qin's Valkyrie special ability is something to do with defense apparently.

apparently to Zeus and Hermes Qin is stronger, but Hades is faster and has more experience. With Qin's air blows hard to flow/predict.

They fight, with Qin kicking Hades' arm and taking a large chunk of flesh, all the way to the muscle fibers.

Beezl is making a monster, monster breaks loose. Tries to attack Beelz but its arm gets cut too fast for it to see or even for the readers to see.

Monster tries to run away, but gets stopped by iron man type character.

the person is Adamas (Forth brother of zeus, poseidon and hades). He is kept alive as a cyborg under Hades permission. They watch fight

Adamas asks if Beezl goal is still to make strong monsters, which he replies with that his goal is always been the same, to make something strong enough to kill him.

Hades is going to bring out more moves, cuts his chest and uses the blood as gel, just like poseidon did in his fight with kojiro.
Let's face it, they won't make Poseidon lose here.

Let's face it, they won't make Poseidon lose here.
Yeah, I'm getting Qin death vibes. But it would be cool if he wins. Only 1 out of the 3 strongest Greeks winning, and it being the strongest Zeus.

would really shit on the Greek team for the arrogance.

Perfectly fine with Hades dying here if it means Qin lives. Best King is more fun and interesting to read about. Plus I wanna see him meet Okita and Kojiro so they can be weirdos together.

Back