• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok - 7-A Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannysmag

He/Him
Record of Ragnarok's 5-B rating has been rejected in this thread, so here we'll discuss what rating they will be downgraded too

I and a few other people in the last thread agreed the best rating would be "Mountain level" as:
Agree: 9 - @Shadow_x007x, @CharlesZaGreat (with nuke scaling), @PowerToScale, @PrinceofPein, @AnonymousBlank (with nuke scaling), @Shadowbeast, @DarkDragonMedeus, @DaReaperMan, @Deoxyys1 (with nuke scaling), @Damage
Disagree: 2 - @CharlesZaGreat (with LuBu scaling), @AnonymousBlank (with LuBu scaling)
Neutral: 1 - @Deoxyys1 (with LuBu scaling)

Last edited:
Agreed, the current evidence for 5-B is nothing but statements that don't show us whether or not they can actually achieve 5-B level success.

However, I think they can be 7-A considering that gods are far superior to humans. And the distance between 7-B+ (Lubu) and 7-A is only 1.25 times.

Agreed, the current evidence for 5-B is nothing but statements that don't show us whether or not they can actually achieve 5-B level success.

However, I think they can be 7-A considering that gods are far superior to humans. And the distance between 7-B+ (Lubu) and 7-A is only 1.25 times.
That would also be fine. It's even consistent with the Tsar bomba thign since it's theoretical power is also 7-A

To give my 5 cents, the CTR calculation link is the one currently used in the profile
When I tried to make changes to it (making my version), based on things said by a friend here,
TheRustyOne presented several problems that mine had,
I don't remember alls the problems, but, among what I remember:
  • The end of the split is visible, so it is not 20 km,
  • We must assume that I decelerate towards the end
  • The area to be used is triangular, something that mine did not do at the beginning (since I basically copied the original in that, I imagine that it will not be triangular either)
  • Other problems that make it almost impossible to do the calculation correctly, the best thing to do is make a lowball
This calculation is unusable.

To give my 5 cents, the CTR calculation link is the one currently used in the profile
When I tried to make changes to it (making my version), based on things said by a friend here,
  • The area to be used is triangular, something that mine did not do at the beginning (since I basically copied the original in that, I imagine that it will not be triangular either)
  • Other problems that make it almost impossible to do the calculation correctly, the best thing to do is make a lowball
It seems that the calc was accepted for the 1 second end in the comments by TheRustyOne. If this is the better version of the calc, shouldn't be much of an issue to use it.

If this calculation looks better to me, no problem. And maybe we can round up the god level to 7-A+ (550 Megatons ot TNT)?

There's also those two off sight calcs for Shiva and Tesla, which while at town level, do support the idea of the gods and völundr amped humans being above nuclear weapons
If this calculation looks better to me, no problem. And maybe we can round up the god level to 7-A+ (550 Megatons ot TNT)?
I'm fine with the gods scaling to nuclear weapons but not directly to Lü Bu. Bro was so strong that there was literally nothing on Earth at the time that could keep give him a channeling (Even among the Einherjar). While this is just my interpretation, I don't think his völundr amped him that much but instead provided him a weapon that could survive his power without breaking. His spin-off shows him constantly having to use new halberds after each duel due to break them and using Sky Eater disintegrated one. Human weaponry was just not built for Lü Bu to use.

Okay so there are a few problems with the OP.
  1. Gods and Brun thinking humans couldn’t kill them without Volundr isn’t because of the humans not being strong enough but because human weapons are trash to Divine Weapons which would break them on contact. Zeus even corrects Hermes right after he brings up a human matching a god in strength without batting an eye. Relevant scans here.
  2. Gods don’t know anything about any of the humans besides a bit of Adam (presumably) and probably Nostradamus seeing how they get repeatedly surprised by what they can do. Not gonna bother grabbing scans for this since you can look at literally any round to see the gods are doing a Jon Snow impression.
  3. Adam and Qin prove that humans can kill gods without any special weapons or amps.
  4. Raiden (who only gained the ability to control his strength) could harm Shiva before unsealing himself. See chapters 32 and 33 for any of the pages I skipped over (they don’t change anything).
What Charles said is correct. Lu Bu doesn’t get stronger after getting Randgriz according to the scan that all R1 deniers hate (Wu Bu is the objective strongest human). Lu Bu deleting every weapon he swings also goes to show that it’s not the Gods themselves but their weapons that are the problem because Qin punches a hole into Hades with his finger claws. If Qin was scaling to Wife Beater, those things would have disintegrated off of his fingers like Lu Bu’s halberds.

Nuke scaling for everyone is fine but Lu Bu scaling is not.

Okay so there are a few problems with the OP.
  1. Gods and Brun thinking humans couldn’t kill them without Volundr isn’t because of the humans not being strong enough but because human weapons are trash to Divine Weapons which would break them on contact. Zeus even corrects Hermes right after he brings up a human matching a god in strength without batting an eye. Relevant scans here.
What Charles said is correct. Lu Bu doesn’t get stronger after getting Randgriz according to the scan that all R1 deniers hate (Wu Bu is the objective strongest human). Lu Bu deleting every weapon he swings also goes to show that it’s not the Gods themselves but their weapons that are the problem because Qin punches a hole into Hades with his finger claws. If Qin was scaling to Wife Beater, those things would have disintegrated off of his fingers like Lu Bu’s halberds.
While true to an extent it ultimately doesn't matter as Volund amps the fighters regardless, Lu Bu(No Volund) is still weaker than Lu Bu(with Volund), they are upscaling from Lu Bu regardless. This should also be known to Brun. The Lu Bu who fought in Ragnarok is stronger than the regular Lu Bu, hence they upscale from him. Additionally, the scan of Lu Bu is slightly mistranslated and contextually misinterpreted, it is not saying that Lu Bu reached his peak potential and couldn't get stronger anymore but that he reached the peak of all the people at the time, "In his lifetime, Lu Bu, who had reached the pinnacle of strength" not "pinnacle of his potential".
  1. Gods don’t know anything about any of the humans besides a bit of Adam (presumably) and probably Nostradamus seeing how they get repeatedly surprised by what they can do. Not gonna bother grabbing scans for this since you can look at literally any round to see the gods are doing a Jon Snow impression.
  2. Adam and Qin prove that humans can kill gods without any special weapons or amps.
  3. Raiden (who only gained the ability to control his strength) could harm Shiva before unsealing himself. See chapters 32 and 33 for any of the pages I skipped over (they don’t change anything).
  1. Don't think this was a contention
  2. Adam and Qin injured lesser gods who have no renown in strength or status. Whereas gods like Zeus, Thor, Shiva, and Odin, etc... are universally recognized as the most the mightiest among the gods. The only somewhat notable god they encountered was Ares, but even then, he was defeated through redirected martial arts rather than direct attacks as well as it is a more comedic portrayal as it is with Ares.
  3. Raiden harmed Shiva after performing Volund, Raiden's base did not, Volund naturally amps the subjects, while also providing the best weapon, in Raiden's case it was muscle-controlling restrictors that allowed him to control his muscles freely.
Scaling above Lu Bu and he rest of humanity should be fine and its the essentially the whole point Volund is needed and the point of the story.

8wwkhe.jpg

We're probably going to need a few more opinions of the matter, but is the Lü Bu scaling going to pass?
2/3s of the users here (including me) agree with the LuBu scaling so it really just depends on what the staff have to say.

Speaking of which I'm gonna go annoy a few more staff to look at this thread

If nuclear weapons can't do anything to them, They will not only have tiers, they will also be immune to both heat and nuclear radiation.

If nuclear weapons can't do anything to them, They will not only have tiers, they will also be immune to both heat and nuclear radiation.
Wait while the heat and radiation sounds fine if tanking nukes is accepted, inverse square would still need to be applied in tanking a nuke which means they wouldn't scale to the full yield (of course this just for tanking nukes)

Wait while the heat and radiation sounds fine if tanking nukes is accepted, inverse square would still need to be applied in tanking a nuke which means they wouldn't scale to the full yield (of course this just for tanking nukes)
Why would Inverse Square be applyed? They said that no human weapon could harm them, so they need to no-sell a nuclear bomb, If not they are not immune to any human weapon

Why would Inverse Square be applyed? They said that no human weapon could harm them, so they need to no-sell a nuclear bomb, If not they are not immune to any human weapon
They would still be immune to any human weapon, even at point blank range a person still only absorbs a portion of an explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back