• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reconstructing The White Hot Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone in this thread I’ll be discussing The Hot Room, and attempting to change the scaling of the Phoenix Force and co to 1-A.

• What we know
The White Hot Room is the heart (Mighty Thor vol 2 #19) of the Phoenix, and is infact its mindscape. It is the Phoenix in its most native state. It is the Nexus of all realities (Uncanny X-Men vol 1 #462), past present and future. It is the core of creation itself, all times and no times.

It serves as the final resting place for all entities in marvel, even abstracts like celestials. It is beyond time and reality, as you are always there waiting for yourself to arrive.

It’s inherent nature
The White Hot Room is many things, and transcendent is one of them. It’s a space that transcends dimensions, with no sense of coordinates. (In this scan the group was trapped inside the WHR, and no matter which direction they went they ended up in the same place.)

The WHR exists outside of Marvels multiverse, it was a place that was used to be able to escape the chaos wave. Which was stated multiple times to have reached the furthest ends of Marvels Omniverse

This is further proven, in the comic SWORD #1, the X-Men travelled to the depths of creation. Reaching the far shore, and still traveling further. The White Hot Room was further than the far shore. Making it on the same level of that space, if not transcending it entirely. Which makes sense, since beyond the far shore is where everything begins, and the WHR is the core of creation. This is again talked about by Dr Doom, comparing the White Hot Room to the mystery.
The WHR is clearly an 1-A space.

Who does this scale to?
This scales to the Phoenix Force, since it’s the mindscape of the Phoenix. Along with White Phoenix of the Crown Jean Grey, since she is the only avatar that’s fully bonded with the Phoenix, and is it’s one true avatar.

Last edited:
I think that a major revision of the scaling for the Marvel Comics cosmic entities is being planned by @The_Impress and others. It is likely best to wait with this until afterwards.

If Impress thinks that I should send a notification to several knowledgeable members I can do so though.

First, you need to list the specific comic issues of the scans given as per the relatively recent rules about Marvel/DC CRTs.

Second, huh I guess is fine.

I do not know. It seems inconsistent to consider the Phoenix so much higher than other cosmic entities, and I think that it is likely better to wait for the upcoming Marvel cosmology revision instead.

The Phoenix in it’s ascended state (White Phoenix) is supposed to be on the same level of higher abstracts. The Phoenix herself explains to Rachel that she embodies everything in that state. With it also being further than the far shore, there isn’t much to say against that.

The Impress did say it was best to look over this anyway, since their revisions might take longer. So I see no reason to wait.

Lifebringer Galactus had trouble beating Celestials. He already likely has among the most exaggerated statistics in the wiki. I hope that we will fix that with the upcoming cosmology revision.

Anyway, let's return to discussing the Phoenix Force.

It’s not inconsistent in the slightest. There’s no proof of that at all, even the thread Firestorm links suggests The Phoenix is above Eternity, and here it’s verbatim that the Phoenix exists deeper than the Far Shore and where everything returns to.

There is no inconsistency here.
I don't recall logging that about the Far shore.

Lifebringer Galactus had trouble beating Celestials. He already likely has among the most exaggerated statistics in the wiki. I hope that we will fix that with the upcoming cosmology revision.

Anyway, let's return to discussing the Phoenix Force.
The same celestials that nuked the first firmament? :unsure:

Or the same celestial that is consistently portrayed as the ones who create the multiverse in every omniverse?

The same celestials that nuked the first firmament? :unsure:

Or the same celestial that is consistently portrayed as the ones who create the multiverse in every omniverse?
The same Celestials that are usually portrayed as tier 4 pushovers nowadays, and that needed a powerful weapon to split off a part of the First Firmament in the modern Ewing-Hickman cosmology, which portrays the Marvel multiverse as a 2-B collection of universes with a few higher levels of existence.

We need to stop treating Marvel cosmology as some sort of unified whole, as there are far too great differences in scale from writer to writer.

Celestial talk has no place here, if there aren’t any legitimate counter arguments then I don’t see any problems with the suggested upgrades— especially since we’ve only been met with agreements. So let’s continue looking over the OP.

The same Celestials that are usually portrayed as tier 4 pushovers nowadays, and that needed a powerful weapon to split off a part of the First Firmament in the modern Ewing-Hickman cosmology, which portrays the Marvel multiverse as a 2-B collection of universes with a few higher levels of existence.

We need to stop treating Marvel cosmology as some sort of unified whole, as there are far too great differences in scale from writer to writer.
So a cosmology split?

Besides, I agree with the OP.

What this affect things in future when new writers are brought in and have a major impact on the verse?

Anyways I should just end this as this isn't the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back