• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real World Human Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've already said this on another thread so i'll just paste it here

"oh yeah, also, regarding pages for real people, i think they should be allowed within reason (e.g. mike tyson profile good, hitler profile bad), as long as the profiles are matchbanned and exist primarily for reference purposes."

done. time for you guys to find a way to shoot it down and probably get me banned too.

• The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
- Editing Rules
Having profiles of IRL people also wouldn't even be usable at all for tiering purposes for fictionalized portrayals of them, as they are about as free copyright-wise as series such as Cthulhu Mythos, and thus we would ask for their own feats instead of defaulting to the IRL one, and even if we did default to the IRL one, they are generally tier 10s with no abilities that are notable of indexing beyond maybe their equipment, which it has to be shown to be used, and at that point that kind of pages are really useless beyond being there to derail the premise of indexing on the site.

Last edited:
  • The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
- Editing Rules
Having profiles of IRL people also wouldn't even be usable at all for tiering purposes for other fictionalized portrayals of them, as they are about as free copyright-wise as Cthulhu Mythos, and thus we would ask for their own feats instead of defaulting to the IRL one, and even if we did default to the IRL one, they are generally tier 10s with no abilities that are notable of indexing beyond maybe their equipment, which it has to be shown to be used, and at that point that kind of pages are really useless beyond being there to derail the premise of indexing on the site.
Agreed here, seems extremely useless

they are generally tier 10s with no abilities that are notable of indexing beyond maybe their equipment

Francis says hi.

Anyway, I'm fine with it as long as it's
1. Within reason, like as said, Mike Tyson or some other actual quantifiable fighter or notably skilled human.
2. We don't ******* stretch shit thin like by giving irl dudes powers and abilities that barely exist like ******* social influencing because they're well known and kinda popular or god forbid something beyond that.
3. Everything on the profiles are referenced and cited, like using Mike as an example, a reference or link to his highest recorded punch as well as his average punching strength for both his maximum output and average, this goes for other things as well like speed and the like.

Mostly fine with this because it would indeed serve as good references for other profiles and we already have animal profiles out the ass and even profiles for shit like tanks and military vehicles so clearly no real world profiles is more of a loosely followed guideline rather then a hard rule.

No. We had discussions on this ages ago. We're not debating the killing of real world people. Outside of the obvious moral implications of this, the way I see it, this leads only to trouble- of a political or otherwise sort. Have some foresight, lads, go bicker about whether Mike Tyson beats Bruce Lee on Discord or something. Leave it out of here.

No. We had discussions on this ages ago. We're not debating the killing of real world people. Outside of the obvious moral implications of this, the way I see it, this leads only to trouble- of a political or otherwise sort. Have some foresight, lads, go bicker about whether Mike Tyson beats Bruce Lee on Discord or something. Leave it out of here.
OP said profiles should be matchbanned tho

OP said profiles should be matchbanned tho
OP is also full of snark and self-pity, and is generally poorly written regardless. So I am addressing the greater atmosphere. Even match-banned profiles provide the implication that, hm, yes, we have considered how easy it is to kill this person. As I said, leave that shit on Discord. Your cringe/meme/funny haha profiles are a different horse entirely when compared to folks who were or, since we're using Mike Tyson as the example, still ******* are breathing.

We'd still have to debate what it would take to kill the person to make the profile.
That's what durability is, is it not? How much damage can the supposed character take? This is a bad argument.

But anyway, composite human is a good reference point for notable humans, and like Tllmbrg said, we could just use their statistics instead of profiles.

But anyway, composite human is a good reference point for notable humans, and like Tllmbrg said, we could just use their statistics instead of profiles.
Isnt that long since nuked?
If we wanted to have IRL people stats for reference point we can just accomplish it via a page detailing relevant people's stats where it matters
If someone wants to make that page that would at least mitigate the need for some pages if its such a issue.

OP is also full of snark and self-pity, and is generally poorly written regardless. So I am addressing the greater atmosphere. Even match-banned profiles provide the implication that, hm, yes, we have considered how easy it is to kill this person. As I said, leave that shit on Discord. Your cringe/meme/funny haha profiles are a different horse entirely when compared to folks who were or, since we're using Mike Tyson as the example, still ******* are breathing.
Seems pretty unnecessary to go out of your way to insult the OP like this. That said, I don't agree with having IRL profiles, nor am I really against it.

Like Rtx said, that was utterly unnecessary and as your status as a Sysop, I would expect your handle your words better. Also, we consider all profiles for life/death situations, this is Versus Battles wiki. Durability is a main part of it. I don't advocate for this, but cmon man, let's not go overboard.

- Editing Rules
Having profiles of IRL people also wouldn't even be usable at all for tiering purposes for fictionalized portrayals of them, as they are about as free copyright-wise as series such as Cthulhu Mythos, and thus we would ask for their own feats instead of defaulting to the IRL one, and even if we did default to the IRL one, they are generally tier 10s with no abilities that are notable of indexing beyond maybe their equipment, which it has to be shown to be used, and at that point that kind of pages are really useless beyond being there to derail the premise of indexing on the site.
what? my point is that people like mike tison would serve as a reference point for what a peak human can pull off. like, if mike tison did [insert feat], that feat would likely serve as an example for what 9-C actually means.
Francis says hi.

Anyway, I'm fine with it as long as it's
1. Within reason, like as said, Mike Tyson or some other actual quantifiable fighter or notably skilled human.
2. We don't ******* stretch shit thin like by giving irl dudes powers and abilities that barely exist like ******* social influencing because they're well known and kinda popular or god forbid something beyond that.
3. Everything on the profiles are referenced and cited, like using Mike as an example, a reference or link to his highest recorded punch as well as his average punching strength for both his maximum output and average, this goes for other things as well like speed and the like.

Mostly fine with this because it would indeed serve as good references for other profiles and we already have animal profiles out the ass and even profiles for shit like tanks and military vehicles so clearly no real world profiles is more of a loosely followed guideline rather then a hard rule.
well, by "within reason" i mostly meant that profiles for people like hitler and stalin wouldn't be allowed. apart from that, i agree with this post.
OP is also full of snark and self-pity
you mean the part at the end of the op? i'm not sure where you're getting self-pity from. either way, it doesn't affect my point at all, since it's pretty much separated from the part where i provide my reasoning.
and is generally poorly written regardless.
whatever. it seems to get the point across just fine.
So I am addressing the greater atmosphere. Even match-banned profiles provide the implication that, hm, yes, we have considered how easy it is to kill this person.
i mean, unless the character has already died, it's not like we would be actively envisioning what would kill them. we would be using what they have survived, we wouldn't be calculating how much energy it would take to ******* rip them in half.
If we wanted to have IRL people stats for reference point we can just accomplish it via a page detailing relevant people's stats where it matters
we already had that. it was called "composite human". it got nuked.
user blogs are too obscure to serve as reference points.

ah i did not see that
i assumed it wasn't since there's stuff there like bone breaking that isn't really calculations

Wait why can't we talk about real people killing each other? It's not like we actually want them to die this is just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back