• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real Life Big Animals CRT 2

The goblin shark should be downgraded to just 9-C as I said before. It’s 210 kg and that they aren’t designed to ram against other opponents, same would apply to the blue shark as its weight is way too low (391 kg) to be 9-B and that they’re also not designed to ram against opponents. Being preyed upon by other predators doesn’t follow the current standards that would suggest it to be a durability feat.

The goblin shark should be downgraded to just 9-C as I said before. It’s 210 kg and that they aren’t designed to ram against other opponents, same would apply to the blue shark as its weight is way too low (391 kg) to be 9-B and that they’re also not designed to ram against opponents. Being preyed upon by other predators doesn’t follow the current standards that would suggest it to be a durability feat.
Like bruh, I agree.

Also, evidence it's capacity to withstand energy dispersed into itself from other animals is scarce. The best evidence for it's dura would be the goblin shark's surface area. Even then, it's not a very muscular fish pound-by-pound unlike arapaima. Still surprisingly at most 9-C in dura (edit: it has large size type 0 too).

& for the giraffe in the previous posts, 9-C+ would be technically right since their kicks have comparable psi. The giraffe although would have higher surface area in their hoofs, they would still possess a similar amount of newtons. They should have better AP than horses since they have higher displacement. Their dura should stay the same since their kicks aren't necking attacks.

However, horses & giraffes are very different. So likely 9-C+ for giraffe kicks should be fine.

Last edited:
Continuing the "I solo the CRTing animals of the IRL verse" train:

Updated the muscle section & changed other things in the factors area. You can look it up, but it's optional.

[https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6081499/ The Panniculus Carnosus muscle] allows many mammals (with the exception of primates) to have lessened severity of [https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/cut cuts], the ability to heal better from them, & have looser skin. This allows them to withstand bites/clawings from each other.

Problems with durability:

Arapaima: look at my sandbox TL; DR (The page has A LOT missing on it, the fish should have it’s speed & other statistics more quantified more easily)

Goat: 9-C in dura support (It’s brought to my attention that animals like Bighorn Sheep & other bovids do get concussions from their charges, although their heads are adapted to being durable enough to absorb their KE. As such, the durability of charging animals is usually unquantifiably lower than their AP. Goats can harm their heads when stressed &/or ram into steel fences. Their skulls are evolved to withstand charges of other goats & are 60 times more powerful than a human skull. Human skulls have a threshold of 14.1 - under 68.5 J)

Arthropleura (Real World): no change, but change 9-C+ into likely 10-A dura (While it’s predators weren’t very known, their exoskeleton would likely deal with predators as big as Eogyrinus. Eogyrinus was up to 15 ft long, had a snake-like torso, 200 lb (90.7 kg) in weight & pursued a crocodile-like lifestyle catching small fish & amphibians like temnospondyl at the time did eat insects)

Auroch: Finish Cattle retier & have it’s dura calc re-evaluated first, but should be comparable to African Buffalos in tier & LS (bigger than & in the weight range of modern cattle & lived in a tougher environment than their descendants, their size is comparable to African Buffalo (African buffalo & Cattle are related species). This should make them stronger than modern cattle (their descendants)

Trivia: both species should have these abilities since they’re comparable: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Bodily Weaponry (Teeth & horns))

American Bison: LS change to class 5 (stronger than cattle & related to african buffalo. Is in the size & weight range of the latter)

Atlantic Blue Marlin: comparable to, although stronger than the swordfish’s case physically & in speed (both are billfish, making their durability & speeds comparable. Although it should be noted their speed & beaks are the reason that animals like orcas have a hard time with them. Should have large size (type 0: can be 14 ft long))

Swordfish: tier change to 9-C (latter can fight evenly with Shortfin Mako Sharks, who’s weight & biology is comparable to a normal Great White (both comparable fish are sharks). Swordfish can easily kill humans by stabbing through the chest of them & sink boats with it’s beak. Adults aren’t eaten by anything besides large toothed whales & some open ocean sharks)

Durability wise, swordfish don’t exceed great whites in strength, so they’re not 9-B. They would get easily injured if a Bottlenose Dolphin rammed it. Despite not being adapted to withstand attacks from other animals & themselves, their size is large size type 0 & they have class 1 weight. Their surface area & at least some muscles would help them withstand an attack of 9-C)

Last edited:
Everyone should note here that I'll be stopping the CRTing train here from July to December.

I'll be shifting efforts into working on the Composite Human profile over at Joke Battles Wiki.

I'll continue the CRT at December or if the Composite Human profile gets finished first.

I'll note that I'll still finish editing in my suggestions from my CRT & continue trying to have my calcs evaluated. Once the latter is done, I'll request permission to add them into their corresponding profiles. In the meantime, I'll ask Ant to temporarily downgrade some of the animals from their "+" rating until the calcs are accepted.
I think the bite force of a gorilla would have to updated since there is a study that estimates that it is capable of exerting 1723 newtons.
If you continue here fam, then I'll continue to evaluate your suggestions. The study grants the possiblity of a remastering of DarlingAurora's bite calc on the Gorilla's profile. Although I'll be focused on Composite Human by then, you can remaster the calc if you have time.

Last edited:
I'll note that I'll still finish editing in my suggestions from my CRT & continue trying to have my calcs evaluated. Once the latter is done, I'll request permission to add them into their corresponding profiles.

If you continue here fam, then I'll continue to evaluate your suggestions. The study grants the possiblity of a remastering of DarlingAurora's bite calc on the Gorilla's profile. Although I'll be focused on Composite Human by then, you can remaster the calc if you have time.
1723 newtons (22.54) cm = 87.5284 joules

Continuing the "I solo the CRTing animals of the IRL verse" train:

Updated the muscle section & changed other things in the factors area. You can look it up, but it's optional.

[https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6081499/ The Panniculus Carnosus muscle] allows many mammals (with the exception of primates) to have lessened severity of [https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/cut cuts], the ability to heal better from them, & have looser skin. This allows them to withstand bites/clawings from each other.

Problems with durability:

Arapaima: look at my sandbox TL; DR (The page has A LOT missing on it, the fish should have it’s speed & other statistics more quantified more easily)

Goat: 9-C in dura support (It’s brought to my attention that animals like Bighorn Sheep & other bovids do get concussions from their charges, although their heads are adapted to being durable enough to absorb their KE. As such, the durability of charging animals is usually unquantifiably lower than their AP. Goats can harm their heads when stressed &/or ram into steel fences. Their skulls are evolved to withstand charges of other goats & are 60 times more powerful than a human skull. Human skulls have a threshold of 14.1 - under 68.5 J)

Arthropleura (Real World): no change, but change 9-C+ into likely 10-A dura (While it’s predators weren’t very known, their exoskeleton would likely deal with predators as big as Eogyrinus. Eogyrinus was up to 15 ft long, had a snake-like torso, 200 lb (90.7 kg) in weight & pursued a crocodile-like lifestyle catching small fish & amphibians like temnospondyl at the time did eat insects)

Auroch: Finish Cattle retier & have it’s dura calc re-evaluated first, but should be comparable to African Buffalos in tier & LS (bigger than & in the weight range of modern cattle & lived in a tougher environment than their descendants, their size is comparable to African Buffalo (African buffalo & Cattle are related species). This should make them stronger than modern cattle (their descendants)

Trivia: both species should have these abilities since they’re comparable: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Bodily Weaponry (Teeth & horns))

American Bison: LS change to class 5 (stronger than cattle & related to african buffalo. Is in the size & weight range of the latter)

Atlantic Blue Marlin: comparable to, although stronger than the swordfish’s case physically & in speed (both are billfish, making their durability & speeds comparable. Although it should be noted their speed & beaks are the reason that animals like orcas have a hard time with them. Should have large size (type 0: can be 14 ft long))

Swordfish: tier change to 9-C (latter can fight evenly with Shortfin Mako Sharks, who’s weight & biology is comparable to a normal Great White (both comparable fish are sharks). Swordfish can easily kill humans by stabbing through the chest of them & sink boats with it’s beak. Adults aren’t eaten by anything besides large toothed whales & some open ocean sharks)

Durability wise, swordfish don’t exceed great whites in strength, so they’re not 9-B. They would get easily injured if a Bottlenose Dolphin rammed it. Despite not being adapted to withstand attacks from other animals & themselves, their size is large size type 0 & they have class 1 weight. Their surface area & at least some muscles would help them withstand an attack of 9-C)

Added in Swordfish & Atlantic Blue Marlin. Also, shouldn't we add the note that in real life, energy (unlike newtons) disperses into an object from another object?

bump. vvv
I'll note that I'll still finish editing in my suggestions from my CRT & continue trying to have my calcs evaluated. Once the latter is done, I'll request permission to add them into their corresponding profiles. In the meantime, I'll ask Ant to temporarily downgrade some of the animals from their "+" rating until the calcs are accepted.

Edited in the bolded section of this post.

What H3 has suggested here seems fine to apply.

Aight so I'm back for more suggestions.

Gorilla AP​

So about more than a week ago, I found a source that suggested that a Gorilla can exert 450 kgf, I calced it and it yielded 4855.1453269 joules (9-C, Street level).

Alligator Snapping Turtle bite force recalc​

I'll give an explaination as to why I did a recalc. DarlingAurora's original calc hadn't estimated the jaw height that was near the beak tip of the alligator snapping turtle. The 1550 newton value for its bite force on a Wikipedia article about the alligator snapping turtle is actually false and the actual bite force is 158 newtons for a specimen that is 0.38821 kg. Another source suggests that its bite force is 1000 lbf. The energy yield is 1154.8267522 joules (9-C, Street level).

Giraffe AP​

I got 772197.464539 joules (9-B, Wall level) for the kick pressure by a Giraffe. So the 2000 psi value isn't reliable.

Megalodon bite force​

So I performed a calc on the bite force of Megalodon (108514 - 182201 newtons) and it yielded 292494.826688 joules (9-B, Wall level).

Orangutan AP​

So because it says that a mature orangutan is more than 4x stronger than the male human, it should be 9-C, Street level (358.068929 joules).

Gigantopithecus AP​

So scaling the Gigantopithecus from an orangutan as they're both related.

Weight: 200 - 300 kg (average is 250 kg)
Orangutan weight: 75 kg

(250/75)*358.068929=1193.56309667 joules (9-C, Street level)

Anaconda AP​

Its gonna have to just be downgraded to just 9-C, Street level as it can constrict Jaguars.

Gorilla AP​

So about more than a week ago, I found a source that suggested that a Gorilla can exert 450 kgf, I calced it and it yielded 4855.1453269 joules (9-C, Street level).

I'll give an explaination as to why I did a recalc. DarlingAurora's original calc hadn't estimated the jaw height that was near the beak tip of the alligator snapping turtle. The 1550 newton value for its bite force on a Wikipedia article about the alligator snapping turtle is actually false and the actual bite force is 158 newtons for a specimen that is 0.38821 kg. Another source suggests that its bite force is 1000 lbf. The energy yield is 1154.8267522 joules (9-C, Street level).

Giraffe AP​

I got 772197.464539 joules (9-B, Wall level) for the kick pressure by a Giraffe. So the 2000 psi value isn't reliable.

Megalodon bite force​

So I performed a calc on the bite force of Megalodon (108514 - 182201 newtons) and it yielded 292494.826688 joules (9-B, Wall level).

Orangutan AP​

So because it says that a mature orangutan is more than 4x stronger than the male human, it should be 9-C, Street level (358.068929 joules).

Gigantopithecus AP​

Anaconda AP​

Its gonna have to just be downgraded to just 9-C, Street level as it can constrict Jaguars.
I'll get to the context surrounding this btw.

From prior knowledge
Gorilla: There's another punch calc for the gorilla, but if my memory is correct, we need calc group members to determine if your or DarlingAurora's calc is more reliable.

Alligator Snapping Turtle: Same case as the gorilla calc.

Giraffe: 1, Giraffes are far more distant & taller than horses, the extra height would give the giraffe more joules since Newtons*displacement is J. 2, you shouldn't be surprised that this value inflates results, pressure is N/m^2, & getting less surface area will significantly increase the Newtons of an attack mathematically with a given pressure. I think I'll take note that pressure in IRL tends to have better examples in IRL animals with bites, & the Giraffe isn't really biting anything.

Megalodon: Good bite calc result btw.

There's also evidence of the megalodon using it's kinetic energy as a method of attack, but it uses it's KE on small whales. So instead of using the Megalodon's KE, the kinetic energy transfered onto it's victims should be used. If you want to do this on your own, I could give you the equations & method (& possibly an explanation on why it works if you want) at your request.

Orangutan: Varies on the adult's sex, but good supporting evidence.

Gigantopithecus: You're using an unusual method to calculate it, ask the calc group members if they should support it. If you ask me, that math to my knowledge hasn't been easily used in any equation common sense to physics. Since they indirectly scale to tigers through comparable cats, you would need to wait for me or someone else to revise the tiger & american black bear page (since they're key in this defacto scaling chain).

Anaconda: They can constrict caimans of size that can be compared to other crocs/alligators. I may/may not have already touched this animal in this thread but I haven't gotten to it yet. So specifics of this animal's tier should wait.

From prior knowledge
Gorilla: There's another punch calc for the gorilla, but if my memory is correct, we need calc group members to determine if your or DarlingAurora's calc is more reliable.
Gorilla's can't punch though?

Giraffe: 1, Giraffes are far more distant & taller than horses, the extra height would give the giraffe more joules since Newtons*displacement is J. 2, you shouldn't be surprised that this value inflates results, pressure is N/m^2, & getting less surface area will significantly increase the Newtons of an attack mathematically with a given pressure. I think I'll take note that pressure in IRL tends to have better examples in IRL animals with bites, & the Giraffe isn't really biting anything.

There's also evidence of the megalodon using it's kinetic energy as a method of attack, but it uses it's KE on small whales. So instead of using the Megalodon's KE, the kinetic energy transfered onto it's victims should be used. If you want to do this on your own, I could give you the equations & method (& possibly an explanation on why it works if you want) at your request.

Gigantopithecus: You're using an unusual method to calculate it, ask the calc group members if they should support it. If you ask me, that math to my knowledge hasn't been easily used in any equation common sense to physics. Since they indirectly scale to tigers through comparable cats, you would need to wait for me or someone else to revise the tiger & american black bear page (since they're key in this defacto scaling chain).

Anaconda: They can constrict caimans of size that can be compared to other crocs/alligators. I may/may not have already touched this animal in this thread but I haven't gotten to it yet. So specifics of this animal's tier should wait.
Aight

This seems fine to me, but can somebody tell me which staff members who have helped out in this thread earlier, so I can summon them here again, please?

Gorilla AP​

Giraffe AP​

Megalodon bite force​

Orangutan AP​

Gigantopithecus AP​

Anaconda AP​

From prior knowledge

My positions haven't changed even with further analysis, but if you want me to go more in-depth on Gigantopithecus & Anaconda's tier, you can ask.
This ^^^

Back