• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real Life Big Animals CRT 2

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

They can probably be applied then.

Ay so should the 41000 psi bite value be removed from the Megalodon's profile? Because I tried looking for a source that states that however I hadn't found one, though one of them that states that it had a bite force of up to 41000 pounds of force (182377.0856 newtons), not in psi, which the source cites the same study that estimates the Megalodon's bite force as being 108514 - 182201 newtons.

Last edited:
Ay so should the 41000 psi bite value be removed from the Megalodon's profile? Because I tried looking for a source that states that but again, I hadn't found one, one of them that states that it had a bite force of up to 41000 pounds of force (182377.0856 newtons), which the source cites the same study that estimates the Megalodon's bite force as being 108514 - 182201 newtons.
The wikipedia page for Megalodon is a featured article, which makes it a very trusted source.

Most other sources cite 40 to at most 41 thousand psi. But since wikipedia is edited regularly, that ironically makes the posterior bite force of 108,514 to 182,201 N (24,395 to 40,960 lbf).

Despite wikipedia traditionally not being the go to source, you can update the psi & N/lbf force accordingly. Just archive it in these sites when its' a website page so we're not force to hunt for the bite source again.

The wikipedia page for Megalodon is a featured article, which makes it a very trusted source.

Most other sources cite 40 to at most 41 thousand psi. But since wikipedia is edited regularly, that ironically makes the posterior bite force of 108,514 to 182,201 N (24,395 to 40,960 lbf).

Despite wikipedia traditionally not being the go to source, you can update the psi & N/lbf force accordingly. Just archive it in these sites when its' a website page so we're not force to hunt for the bite source again.
alright

Lol, I didn't mean to say/imply to put the archived versions of the pages on the page. I meant to put the original links themselves.

I mean the unconventional linking is technically correct. For future edits, make sure the format for the links/references are consistent with the other link/reference formats for the rest of the page. That's how wikipedians make organized references on their articles.

The archived links may come across as slightly older than it should. I traditionally use the original links unless link rot caught up to the pages.

I meant to archive the pages so we can look back at them if they poof from existance.

Last edited:
Has this been applied yet?
I've halted most of my efforts in IRL to work on composite human in Joke Battles & other things until around December 1. But if you want me to apply some of the changes on this thread eventually this month, ok. You're the admin.

Okay, hold the eff up here! I noticed that the Bison's article said that it can handle bulls, but the article it linked literally had nothing to do with bison: https://historybanter.com/animal-cage-fighting-in-mexico/

It's an article that went into detail about how certain fights between lions, bears, and bulls went.
Nice necro
Anyways, I actually looked into the scan. The reason why its valid is this quote within it: "Another fight saw an American buffalo taking on a bull. In this instance, the two animals rammed one another head on with the heavier buffalo managing to concuss the bull and win the fight."

The profile of the American Bison literally states that they can be also refered to as Buffalo.

I think that you can begin to work on improving our goat profile page if you wish, if that is what you wish.

I think that you can begin to work on improving our goat profile page if you wish, if that is what you wish.
Since you've requested to improve stuff on the goat's tier, I'll copy-paste my findings and suggested changes.

Now that I think of it, if they were 9-C, some of them should be capable of fending off 10-A predators with some success. The suggested tiers are more consistent, albeit a concession on the Goat's skull AP.

That's the thing. Unlike creatures such as pigs and cattle, creatures such as goats and bighorn sheep are actually designed to charge into things head-on. The example of a goat knocking a cattle out is a showing of them being Street Level as, as shown in the video, the goat ran into the cow as one would expect from the charge. I don't think an animal that straight-up concussed a cow should be downgraded (never mind one that is already pathetic in the KE department compared to, again, pigs).

That's the thing. Unlike creatures such as pigs and cattle, creatures such as goats and bighorn sheep are actually designed to charge into things head-on. The example of a goat knocking a cattle out is a showing of them being Street Level as, as shown in the video, the goat ran into the cow as one would expect from the charge. I don't think an animal that straight-up concussed a cow should be downgraded (never mind one that is already pathetic in the KE department compared to, again, pigs).
The problem here is that goats and sheep already have a hard time fending off their predators.

Their regular AP and durability feats hasn't really shown to go above 10-A; is a goat even strong enough to fend off a 9-C predator? Nevermind the fact that domestic goats and sheep aren't really as strong as their wild counterparts.

Plus, I think these details flew over your head vvv
DarlingAurora has originally shown by example that if an animal has more consistently shown a tier different than the tier of their regular charges, it’s permissible to move that said animal into that tier. This has been shown in her contributions in the American Black Bear, Wild Boar, and Domestic Pig, which are capable of using charges as a method of attack in-character.
Now that I think of it, if they were 9-C, some of them should be capable of fending off 10-A predators with some success. The suggested tiers are more consistent, albeit a concession on the Goat's skull AP.
Would it be more consistent to move black bears back to 9-B territory? Wild Boars back into their KE tier? Domestic Pigs to be 9-C when they're not really consistently there?

I'll make a correction that she may have not done stuff to the domestic pig, still, the examples still remain from her contributions.

Last edited:
The problem here is that goats and sheep already have a hard time fending off their predators.

Their regular AP and durability feats hasn't really shown to go above 10-A; is a goat even strong enough to fend off a 9-C predator? Nevermind the fact that domestic goats and sheep aren't really as strong as their wild counterparts.

Would it be more consistent to move black bears back to 9-B territory? Wild Boars back into their KE tier? Domestic Pigs to be 9-C when they're not really consistently there?

I'll make a correction that she may have not done stuff to the domestic pig, still, the examples still remain from her contributions.
bumping for this post ^^^

bumpity yeet.

H3 makes sense to me above.
So do we need more input, or should this change be applied? vvv

^^^

Newsflash, DarlingAurora has stated that she may return to IRL in January. The big thing that's stopping her from comming back is that she doesn't understand the new concepts. So I'll be prioritizing making standards for doing stuff in the IRL verse on-site.

In the meantime, I'll link dump suggested changes related to fairly trending animal pages in the "Real World" category so DarlingAurora can actually see good examples of what's changed. (As of typing this post, the T. Rex, Lion, Grizzly Bear and Tiger are trending, so I'll link dump stuff related to the aforementioned pages)

Edit: also, the elephant and gorilla profile is a frequent trending profile in the "Real World" category. Which I'll provide even more links and rewording suggestions to support stuff.

Other
  • Orangutans can run 40 mph, so that should be applied to the Orangutan and the Gigantopithecus profiles, the latter being related to the former.

Also, I've found quite the reaction time feats and statements that we can scale to IRL animals. Which I'll link later.

Also, permission to apply these calcs?
(Checked/Evaluated: Beluga Whale KE (AP section), Black Bear (Survival injury feat evaluated (stamina section), not AP feat (which is unconfirmed to be evaluated)), Cattle KE (AP section), Gray Wolf LS (At least athletic human to peak human in LS) (LS section), Komodo Dragon KE (AP section), Orca KE (AP section), Sheep KE (AP section), Tiger leaps +12 inches into the air (LS section))

Last edited:
bumpity yeet.

^^^

Newsflash, DarlingAurora has stated that she may return to IRL in January. The big thing that's stopping her from comming back is that she doesn't understand the new concepts. So I'll be prioritizing making standards for doing stuff in the IRL verse on-site.

In the meantime, I'll link dump suggested changes related to fairly trending animal pages in the "Real World" category so DarlingAurora can actually see good examples of what's changed. (As of typing this post, the T. Rex, Lion, Grizzly Bear and Tiger are trending, so I'll link dump stuff related to the aforementioned pages)

Also, I've found quite the reaction time feats and statements that we can scale to IRL animals. Which I'll link later.

(Checked/Evaluated: Beluga Whale KE (AP section), Black Bear (Survival injury feat evaluated (stamina section), not AP feat (which is unconfirmed to be evaluated)), Cattle KE (AP section), Gray Wolf LS (At least athletic human to peak human in LS) (LS section), Komodo Dragon KE (AP section), Orca KE (AP section), Sheep KE (AP section), Tiger leaps +12 inches into the air (LS section))
bump yay! I'm back to the IRL Verse everyone!

bumpity yeet.

^^^

If Lioness returns to Street level+ then male Jaguar will too

Aight so I'm back for more suggestions.

Gorilla AP​

So about more than a week ago, I found a source that suggested that a Gorilla can exert 450 kgf, I calced it and it yielded 4855.1453269 joules (9-C, Street level).
It's ok, the other source seems too high for me The problem with this is that you need to scale the own arm length for Female Gorilla too, not just halving the strength of the male one, that it's just for adolecent ones because Female Gorilla have an very different structure than male ones.

Alligator Snapping Turtle bite force recalc​

I'll give an explaination as to why I did a recalc. DarlingAurora's original calc hadn't estimated the jaw height that was near the beak tip of the alligator snapping turtle. The 1550 newton value for its bite force on a Wikipedia article about the alligator snapping turtle is actually false and the actual bite force is 158 newtons for a specimen that is 0.38821 kg. Another source suggests that its bite force is 1000 lbf. The energy yield is 1154.8267522 joules (9-C, Street level).
The 1550 newtons isn't that false after all. There exists an study where it comes close with an bite force of 1872.0 Newtons.
Also, for the sizes of the turtles:

Based on this, we can do the calc.
  1. Low-End (0.468 Kg): I don't have source for an small alligator turtle bite gap.
  2. Mid-End (Average): 0.25961535917*([8.2+1872]/2) = 244.064399156 Joules or Athletic level+.
  3. High-End (75 Kg): 0.25961535917*1872 = 485.999952366 Joules or Street level.
If we have the bite gap for the common snapping turtle, we can calc it too.
Orangutan AP
So because it says that a mature orangutan is more than 4x stronger than the male human, it should be 9-C, Street level (358.068929 joules).
I'm pretty sure that is four times stronger than the average human, not male only.
Gigantopithecus AP
So scaling the Gigantopithecus from an orangutan as they're both related.

Weight: 200 - 300 kg (average is 250 kg)
Orangutan weight: 75 kg

(250/75)*358.068929=1193.56309667 joules (9-C, Street level)
If we can use this would've great, because with this we can also scale the strength of female animals, but not sure what staff think about it.

If we use the new value that I get:
  •  Calc: (250/75)*297.46193308 = 991.539776933 Joules or Street level.
We still have the source that they can fight big cats as H3 says, but still being more than 13 times stronger than human is pretty much impressive IMO.

Anaconda AP​

Its gonna have to just be downgraded to just 9-C, Street level as it can constrict Jaguars.
I don't think Anaconda can constrict an fully-grown Jaguar, because I only see source of them doing it to young jaguars or female ones, I didn't see any source of an matured male Jaguar getting constricted by an Anaconda.

If Lioness returns to Street level+ then male Jaguar will too
What do you mean.
I don't think Anaconda can constrict an fully-grown Jaguar, because I only see source of them doing it to young jaguars or female ones, I didn't see any source of an matured male Jaguar getting constricted by an Anaconda.
They can constrict camians of similar strength to alligators/crocs and Jaguars have short term stamina as far as I know. This statement can contradict the class 5 LS justification on its profile (i.e. scaling to Alligators of similar size).

I think this reasoning is related to the availability heuristic, so an explanation also has to take in account of the Alligators stuff and any potential evidence suggesting your statement otherwise.

What do you mean.
Jaguar downscales from Lioness due to being the same size and being very much robust, it's on their profile.
They can constrict camians of similar strength to alligators/crocs and Jaguars have short term stamina as far as I know. This statement can contradict the class 5 LS justification on its profile (i.e. scaling to Alligators of similar size).
Aren't the most of these this caiman? I see Anaconda crushing 6ft caimans and Yellow Anacondas struggling with adult yacare caimans tho.

I know green anacondas are much bigger but black caimans and yacare caimans have much size difference:
While yacare only..
If we can prove that an anaconda can kill an 300 kilogram Black Caiman then it's ok, but if not we can't prove it, Black Caiman size is like one of an American Alligator:
Screenshot_20231202_155545_Chrome.jpg

If we can prove that Anaconda can actually kill black caimans and not struggle 40 minutes with an yacare caiman then sure.

The availability heruistic is a mental short cut humans make based on the availability of "X" information in their memory. That would be like downgrading Capybaras to 10-C based only off the fact they can crush flies.
Capybara have sources of biting off humans flesh, have an strong bite, can survive to many jaguar paws and crocodrile attacks while with Anaconda don't have any source of killing Black Caimans, they can crush yacare caiman and are capable off easily killing young jaguars.

What I mean is how they are Street level+ without any calc?

What I mean is how they are Street level+ without any calc?
American Alligator on its profile.

Also..."The black caiman shares its habitat with at least 3 other semi-amphibious animals considered apex predators, usually able to co-exist with them by focusing on different prey and micro-habitats. These are giant otters which are social and are obligate aquatic foragers and piscivorans, green anacondas which are predators of other caiman species, alongside sizable individuals of this caiman (albeit not regularly)"

I tried to find stuff relating to the black caiman. But either the caiman and anaconda usually don't care about each other or the latter occassionally overpowers the former.

Downgrade seems promising tho since a sufficiently strong animal can injure the anaconda even under constriction. I was initially trying to find a way to make the scaling chain for the anaconda make sense lol.

Capybara have sources of biting off humans flesh, have an strong bite, can survive to many jaguar paws and crocodrile attacks while with Anaconda don't have any source of killing Black Caimans, they can crush yacare caiman and are capable off easily killing young jaguars.
I don't get how this takes away from my point that the initial claim was based on a mental shortcut that may be false.

If a guy only saw capybaras crush flies and only knows that, and assumes they're only capable of doing that, that's an example of availability herustic. If anything, this point in this reply proves my point.

Green Anacondas are up to 250 kg. And the caimans you've provided are an example like the strength gap of a fly and capybara to anacondas and yacere caiman.

Is the point you've countered representative of Capys' strength? What about using what's effectively a smaller animal to disprove "X" animal's strength? See what I mean?

It says that adults black caiman doesn't have any predator, that is because they are so robust anf thick. Anacondas only takes in smaller specimens of this species, but not on fully-grown ones.

Also, Jaguar capable of predate on subadult black caimans are more source for their tier too.
Downgrade seems promising tho since a sufficiently strong animal can injure the anaconda even under constriction. I was initially trying to find a way to make the scaling chain for the anaconda make sense lol.
The problem is that doesn't exist an profile of Black Caiman but it does of Yacare Caiman, that maybe causes confusion. Anyways, I think that due to own pressure Green Anaconda should've just Street level, without the +.
I don't get how this takes away from my point that the initial claim was based on a mental shortcut that may be false.
Which claim? I'm a bit confused here.
If a guy only saw capybaras crush flies and only knows that, and assumes they're only capable of doing that, that's an example of availability herustic. If anything, this point in this reply proves my point.
So, you mean that Anaconda crushing caimans are probably false? I mean there are footage of Yellow Anaconda struggling with constricting Caiman for 40 minutes. Do you mean that?

In the source that you put also says that Anaconda hunts on Black Caimans but small species, not adult male ones.
Green Anacondas are up to 250 kg. And the caimans you've provided are an example like the strength gap of a fly and capybara to anacondas and yacere caiman.
Here says that these are historical record and that their weight are less well studied, though reportedly range from 30 to 80 kg (66 to 176 lb) in a typical adult.
Is the point you've countered representative of Capys' strength? What about using what's effectively a smaller animal to disprove "X" animal's strength? See what I mean?
What I mean is that there no source of Green Anaconda even hunting an Black Caiman, seems exaggerated because their maximum weight is 80 kg, they can't constrict an Caiman four-times their size when they struggle with smaller specimens from the same species.

I'm not using it to disprove, but the source of black caimans are non-existent and the original is that they hunt smaller specimens and they easily hunts yacare caimans.

Green Anaconda are non-comparable to them, but they can easily kill these small caimans, I don't scale to them because this is IRL and not fiction, I just provide the original source of it.

Which claim? I'm a bit confused here.
💀Lol, someone's acting like they're missing the point.
The availability heruistic is a mental short cut humans make based on the availability of "X" information in their memory.
Right in your face. In from of this claim vvv
to the claim of this vvv

Meh. The initial conclusion of my points don't really line up for average Anacondas.
Looks like the defacto scaling chain is fixed. Not to mention that defacto power scaling in IRL is technically allowed as long as its in the realm of realisticness and sheer raw power first. Besides, I thought they could overpower Black Caimans on average.

I think that the average weight should be replaced. However, them scaling to Jaguars and Caimans relies on the fact that only particularly large anacondas can prey on them. Not to mention that they only prey on animals up to 50% of its body mass at most normally.

If we can use this would've great, because with this we can also scale the strength of female animals, but not sure what staff think about it.

If we use the new value that I get:
  •  Calc: (250/75)*297.46193308 = 991.539776933 Joules or Street level.
We still have the source that they can fight big cats as H3 says, but still being more than 13 times stronger than human is pretty much impressive IMO.
The assumption on the mass divisions does have some basis. There's still a couple of factors like the evolutionary differences and size differences.

I'll mention that animals can be more stronger pound-by-pound; Leopards can weigh as half as a human and still be stronger than them on average. So this method isn't 100% reliable with these circumstances and if the mass division doesn't factor in other factors in strength, which I'll get to eventually.

💀Lol, someone's acting like they're missing the point.
I'm not acting, I just didn't understand..🙄
The initial conclusion of my points don't really line up for average Anacondas.
Looks like the defacto scaling chain is fixed. Not to mention that defacto power scaling in IRL is technically allowed as long as its in the realm of realisticness and sheer raw power first. Besides, I thought they could overpower Black Caimans on average.
Oki.
I think that the average weight should be replaced. However, them scaling to Jaguars and Caimans relies on the fact that only particularly large anacondas can prey on them. Not to mention that they only prey on animals up to 50% of its body mass at most normally.
Also, many Anaconda attack in ambush.. Black Caiman crushes large anaconda size and they reaching even 100 kg is pretty much rare:
On average they are more than the half the size of an Pantanal Jaguar.
The assumption on the mass divisions does have some basis. There's still a couple of factors like the evolutionary differences and size differences.

I'll mention that animals can be more stronger pound-by-pound; Leopards can weigh as half as a human and still be stronger than them on average. So this method isn't 100% reliable with these circumstances and if the mass division doesn't factor in other factors in strength, which I'll get to eventually.
True & good point, it depends on robustness and skeleton-structure.

Also, many Anaconda attack in ambush.. Black Caiman crushes large anaconda size and they reaching even 100 kg is pretty much rare:
Sure, and most of the prey they eat can be up to half of their mass. And their standard tactics are ambushing. Since IRL profiles are supposed to be a general species, that heaviest verified specimen should be separated from their general strength.

Speaking of which, half of the species' normal confirmed weight is up to 80 kg, and half of that is 40 kg. Jaguars are 56-96 kg in most regions so they should be stronger than Green Anacondas normally. The strongest anacondas normally scale to Jaguars weaker than their typical weights, so I don't know how we should tier anacondas normally at the moment, aside from the strongest of them scaling way above the weakest Jaguars.

Sure, and most of the prey they eat can be up to half of their mass. And their standard tactics are ambushing. Since IRL profiles are supposed to be a general species, that heaviest verified specimen should be separated from their general strength.

Speaking of which, half of the species' normal confirmed weight is up to 80 kg, and half of that is 40 kg. Jaguars are 56-96 kg in most regions so they should be stronger than Green Anacondas normally. The strongest anacondas normally scale to Jaguars weaker than their typical weights, so I don't know how we should tier anacondas normally at the moment, aside from the strongest of them scaling way above the weakest Jaguars.
Yup.

Also an question, does Lion/Lioness will get back to Street level+ or not? Cause it would've affect some profiles tho.

Their blows and feats are more consistantly 9-C and are weaker than Tigers, so no.
Okay, so if Lioness are back to Street level, should American Black Bear go back to Street level without the +? I think their tier was based on that and we can't give it without an calc..

Same for American Alligator

I'm not acting, I just didn't understand..🙄

Oki.

True & good point, it depends on robustness and skeleton-structure.
I do have an idea on how to tier normal weight anacondas, just needs feed back though.

Back