• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Re:Visions 2nd Cour

@Celestial_Pegasus @OppaiSenpai5

You two seem the only ones who are taking care of the verse. I would like to ask you why Reinhardt got downgrade from Multi Continent Level to Mountain Level and why he hasn't light speed reaction and combat speed anymore (I am just curious, I am not saying that you did something wrong (Sorry if I sound like It), just wanna know the reasons).
Also, I would like to help by creating some pages such as Halibel and Cecils! I know they're from IFs, but they should keep the same stuff in the original story. (The IFs just change in story, but characters' abilities, strength seem to be the same)

Reinhard's High 6-A was based on statements about him destroying the world from Q&As, but those Q&As should be taken with with a mountain of salt because Tappei says some very dumb shit in them that either shouldn't be taken seriously or contradicts what has been established in the story. To begin with, Re:Zero's world is flat and has only one continent we know of, so blowing it up may very well not qualify for High 6-A (there is a calc trying to estimate the size of the world, but the results are simply ridiculous coming out at 1 country having over 40% of Earth's surface area). Plus, who's to say that by "easily destroy the world" Tappei means he can do it in one attack?

The FTL rating came from Jiwald meeting the criteria for real light, but due it being dodged by EX characters that are clearly not relativistic (they have more than enough anti-feats) the entire thing being SoL becomes highly questionable, less literally every character ends up with relativistic to FTL speed. Not to mention that looking at the raws reveals that the statement about it being as fast as light is clearly hyperbolic, and that there is a similar statement about Shaula's Hell Snipe. Well, the god tiers are going to have at least sub-relativistic speed thanks to Volcanica's feats when we get the latest chapters translated.

The IFs are full of inconsistencies, like Subaru killing Petelgeuse or Emilia stabbing Reinhard, so they aren't a valid source of scaling. Pegasus already made a profile for Cecilus after we got EX 4 translated, but Halibel lacks a canon appearance.

The downgrades makes sense to me (I still think that Reinhardt is above Mountain Level, but lacks of feats, maybe a possibly Multi-Continent Level would be better, but whatever).
But I disagree about IFs, Emilia capable of stabbing Reinhardt was something explained in the if:

"But if it was not an attack which held hostility and intent to kill, Reinhardt’s intuitive reaction could not be used to avoid it. Of, if his Divine Blessings had been working properly, definitely Reinhardt’s defense would not have been able to be penetrated either.

But, this place was Pandemonium, and that Emilia herself could not make up her own mind―――That had, in Reinhardt, left a fatal gap."

I don't see any inconsistencies here.
And Subaru killing Petalguese? What's wrong with that? You think you can't stab someone with High durability with piercing weapons? In a lot of verses this Is totally normal, see One Piece, see The witcher..
People with massive durability can still be pierced by fodders with swords, knifes..

But I disagree about IFs, Emilia capable of stabbing Reinhardt was something explained in the if:

"But if it was not an attack which held hostility and intent to kill, Reinhardt’s intuitive reaction could not be used to avoid it. Of, if his Divine Blessings had been working properly, definitely Reinhardt’s defense would not have been able to be penetrated either.

But, this place was Pandemonium, and that Emilia herself could not make up her own mind―――That had, in Reinhardt, left a fatal gap."

I don't see any inconsistencies here.
This is refering to his auto-dodge and projectile deflection blessings. Reinhard's divine protections have little impact on his power level, he'd be about a strong as he is normally without them, so Emilia shouldn't be able to scratch him.
And Subaru killing Petalguese? What's wrong with that? You think you can't stab someone with High durability with piercing weapons? In a lot of verses this Is totally normal, see One Piece, see The witcher..
People with massive durability can still be pierced by fodders with swords, knifes..
Even if that's true, there's still the fact that Pete went out like a bitch after getting stabbed once, while in the canon timeline, even after being beaten to a pulp and stabbed with a blade that burns alway souls by Julius, and after getting his entire lower half crushed, the guy still found enough stregth to chase after Subaru through an entire forest and almost kill him. Even after he got his entire body (or what remained of it) set on fire, he still kept going until his body was pulverized shortly after. Getting stabbed before has also not bothered him that much (see Wilhelm stabbing one of his fingers through, only to have him pull a knife on him and self-destruct), while in Pride, he kinda just dropped dead.

Again, being capable of piercing a top tier character is not an inconsistency, in a lot of verses this Is just common (see Zelda, The witcher, One Piece...), that's just how Tappei sees things, even Subaru can pierce a top tier character if the top tier character gives him the opportunity to do it. (Elsa, yeah I know she's not a top tier but she still shouldn't get pierce according to you, has to dodge Subaru's slashes or she would get hurt.)
So Emilia stabbing Reinhardt it's not an inconsistency.

About Petalguese, It Is confirmed in the If that Subaru got his vital point (and he did hundreds of attempts to finally achieve this).

So I don't see why IFs shouldn't be taken in consideration, they're just different stories, but the world and the characters are exactly the same.

Again, being capable of piercing a top tier character is not an inconsistency
It's literally inconsistent with itself. See Ayamatsu: Elsa's blade shattered upon hitting Reinhard's hand (it shouldn't even have been able to reach him due to auto-dodge blessings though), but in Oboreru Emilia's sword easily pierced Reinhard?
in a lot of verses this Is just common (see Zelda, The witcher, One Piece...), that's just how Tappei sees things
Really now? How about that time in the Sword Demon Ballads when it was stated that a blade would simply bounce off upon hitting Shasuke's steel-like skin? Or when Patrasche bit into Garfiel's shoulder doing zero damage (remember, a bite from a velociraptor would be piercing, and no weaker than a sword thrust from a teenage boy)?
Elsa, yeah I know she's not a top tier but she still shouldn't get pierce according to you, has to dodge Subaru's slashes or she would get hurt.
What are you talking about? When did Subaru ever slash at Elsa?
So Emilia stabbing Reinhardt it's not an inconsistency.
Even though she can't do literally anything to someone of equal power – Volcanica?
About Petalguese, It Is confirmed in the If that Subaru got his vital point.
He stabbed his heart, but I don't think that's more vital than literally half of his body.

It's literally inconsistent with itself. See Ayamatsu: Elsa's blade shattered upon hitting Reinhard's hand (it shouldn't even have been able to reach him due to auto-dodge blessings though), but in Oboreru Emilia's sword easily pierced Reinhard?
I don't remember it too much, didn't Reinhard just blocked the sword with his hand?
Really now? How about that time in the Sword Demon Ballads when it was stated that a blade would simply bounce off upon hitting Shasuke's steel-like skin? Or when Patrasche bit into Garfiel's shoulder doing zero damage (remember, a bite from a velociraptor would be piercing, and no weaker than a sword thrust from a teenage boy)?
I am talking about humans with normal skin of course. In One piece for example, human characters, even top tiers such as Whitebeard, can be pierced, but Kaido who is not stronger than Whitebeard can't be pierced by blades because of his particular skin.

What are you talking about? When did Subaru ever slash at Elsa?
No, and that's the point. Why didn't Elsa take Subaru's slashes if she can't be pierce?

ven though she can't do literally anything to someone of equal power – Volcanica?
Volcanica is a dragon, of course his skin is harden than a human's one. You can be superhuman as much as you want, you can withstand bombs and other stuff but you can still be pierced by piercing weapons if you are human, that's how a lot of verses works.
He stabbed his heart, but I don't think that's more vital than literally half of his body.
A lot of characters can still move without half of his body, half of their head and other stuff but they stop doing anything after you hit their "core".
Again, I don't see why we shouldn't take IFs in consideration.

I don't remember it too much, didn't Reinhard just blocked the sword with his hand?
Yeah, he blocked the knife with his hand, and then it shattered because Reinhard's hand is tougher than the knife.
I am talking about humans with normal skin of course. In One piece for example, human characters, even top tiers such as Whitebeard, can be pierced, but Kaido who is not stronger than Whitebeard can't be pierced by blades because of his particular skin.
It's good that you're talking about normal humans with normal skin and all, but characters in Re:Zero have their bodies strengthened by their internal mana in the same way that Shasuke does, so the same should extend to them.

And why would I care how it is in One Piece?
No, and that's the point. Why didn't Elsa take Subaru's slashes if she can't be pierce?
What point? When did Subaru ever even wield a slashing weapon agains Elsa? Never, to my recollection.
Volcanica is a dragon, of course his skin is harden than a human's one. You can be superhuman as much as you want, you can withstand bombs and other stuff but you can still be pierced by piercing weapons if you are human, that's how a lot of verses works.
Reinhard's skin clearly withstood Elsa's knife, so there is no reason why he should be injured by Emilia's sword.
A lot of characters can still move without half of his body, half of their head and other stuff but they stop doing anything after you hit their "core".
When has Petelgeuse been stated to have such a "core"?

It's good that you're talking about normal humans with normal skin and all, but characters in Re:Zero have their bodies strengthened by their internal mana in the same way that Shasuke does, so the same should extend to them.
Oh right, then it's even easier! So when a character has his mana covering his body, his durability is enhanced. Reinhard probably didn't have it when Emilia stabbed him and maybe it's the same for Petalguese since it was a surprise attack.
What point? When did Subaru ever even wield a slashing weapon agains Elsa? Never, to my recollection.
I meant the spiked club, lmao.
When has Petelgeuse been stated to have such a "core"?
I mean, in the Wrath if Subaru is confident that he killed him because he got a vital point, this means that Petelgeuse can live without half of his body, but he dies when you hit a vital point.

Oh right, then it's even easier! So when a character has his mana covering his body, his durability is enhanced. Reinhard probably didn't have it when Emilia stabbed him and maybe it's the same for Petalguese since it was a surprise attack.
By that logic, any surprise attack could circumvent their durability, not just stabby-stabs.
I meant the spiked club, lmao.
A club doesn't do piercing nor slashing damage. If your argument is that Elsa had to dodge Subaru's attacks, then your argument is that it's just inconsistent.
I mean, in the Wrath if Subaru is confident that he killed him because he got a vital point, this means that Petelgeuse can live without half of his body, but he dies when you hit a vital point.
Julius also stabbed Pete in the heart, and then proceded to pour destructive magical energy into the wound, but that did less damage than Subaru in Ayamatsu.

By that logic, any surprise attack could circumvent their durability, not just stabby-stabs.
I mean yeah? But surprise attacks don't generally work on Reinhard, so I don't see any problem. Emilia could do that because of the explaination in the if.

Julius also stabbed Pete in the heart, and then proceded to pour destructive magical energy into the wound, but that did less damage than Subaru in Ayamatsu.
Re-watching it, Pete in the original story has some kind of emotion power-up, because he has seen Satella and she refused him and he went crazy. I think that's because of that. This never happened in the Pride If. (Yeah emotions can be a power-up in Re:Zero, see Wilhelm)

I mean yeah? But surprise attacks don't generally work on Reinhard, so I don't see any problem. Emilia could do that because of the explaination in the if.
Then why aren't there any other examples of exactly that, characters getting injured by people orders of magnitute weaker than them because they were off guard? You know, the only time this thing has been brough up was in Garf vs Ram when Ram had "ran out of mana she used for physical enhancement" leaving her "only as strong as her petite appearance suggested"; right after this was stated, she proceeded to dodge attacks from Garfiel, showing that the whole thing is bull because she's still able to dodge attacks from Garfiel even without the mana enhancement.
Re-watching it, Pete in the original story has some kind of emotion power-up, because he has seen Satella and she refused him and he went crazy. I think that's because of that. This never happened in the Pride If. (Yeah emotions can be a power-up in Re:Zero, see Wilhelm)
Emotions making you more powerful in fiction is one thing, Petelgeuse being able to make use of his already dead body is another. And rereading this again, Subaru then proceeded to kill Pete by stabbing him in the brain. What's the explanation here, that he was already near dead so his durability wouldn't matter?

Then why aren't there any other examples of exactly that, characters getting injured by people orders of magnitute weaker than them because they were off guard? You know, the only time this thing has been brough up was in Garf vs Ram when Ram had "ran out of mana she used for physical enhancement" leaving her "only as strong as her petite appearance suggested"; right after this was stated, she proceeded to dodge attacks from Garfiel, showing that the whole thing is bull because she's still able to dodge attacks from Garfiel even without the mana enhancement.
Dodging Is a thing, taking damage from stuff who wouldn't hurt you if you use mana is totally another thing. I never said that not using mana makes you slower, I am saying that Emilia stabbing Reinhard, while he isn't use any mana covering his body, while his blessing aren't working and while Emilia did It without any kill intention Is consistent.
Emotions making you more powerful in fiction is one thing, Petelgeuse being able to make use of his already dead body is another. And rereading this again, Subaru then proceeded to kill Pete by stabbing him in the brain. What's the explanation here, that he was already near dead so his durability wouldn't matter?
Petalguese in the Envy route (the original story) was more persistent because he has seen that Satella didn't love him, so he got you know the classic emotion power-boost and that's why he could move without half body after being stabbed in the heart, also he recquired time to do so.
In the Wrath If he got stabbed in the heart with a surprise attack and got hit in the brain while injured. He didn't even had enough time to be the monster he became in the Envy story.
I don't see how all of this should be something not consistent.
IFs are just different stories, as I said before, Tappei itself said that the original story Is the Envy route.

Dodging Is a thing, taking damage from stuff who wouldn't hurt you if you use mana is totally another thing. I never said that not using mana makes you slower
It should though, judging from what Tappei said. He also explained that someone like Felix, whose body is very weak to begin with, wouldn't get anywhere by strengthening his body, despite the vast amount of mana he possesses. So this mana strengthening isn't all that if you are weak to begin with, and since Ram was able to dodge Garf's attacks and survive the force of her own attacks without mana, we can conclude that this mana boost is negligible. Lacking mana is not a good enough explanation for why someone would get injured by someone thousands of times weaker than them because the boost they get from mana isn't all that big in the first place.
I am saying that Emilia stabbing Reinhard, while he isn't use any mana covering his body, while his blessing aren't working and while Emilia did It without any kill intention Is consistent.
First of all, those last two points have nothing to do with whether or not the attack is strong enough to injure Reinhard. Second of all, Reinhard not having mana strengthening is your conjecture trying to explain away Emilia stabbing Reinhard. Again, if catching someone off guard is enough to circumvent their durability, why don't we see people doing more often? If your enemy is someone as strong as you, and not Reinhard, you'd basically be guarantied a one-shot, but that's not what we see happening when someone manages to get the jumo on someone else.
Petalguese in the Envy route (the original story) was more persistent because he has seen that Satella didn't love him, so he got you know the classic emotion power-boost and that's why he could move without half body after being stabbed in the heart, also he recquired time to do so.
In the Wrath If he got stabbed in the heart with a surprise attack and got hit in the brain while injured. He didn't even had enough time to be the monster he became in the Envy story.
In both cases that body was already dead, and he had the time in the *Pride IF, his body was still there–and in arguably better shape–and so were his enemies.
I don't see how all of this should be something not consistent.
IFs are just different stories, as I said before, Tappei itself said that the original story Is the Envy route.
Unlike the Envy route, the rest of the routes are not canon (especially the Lust IF).

Not like there aren't other contradictions, like Cecilus' power level not matching with what the Q&As lead us to believe.

First of all, those last two points have nothing to do with whether or not the attack is strong enough to injure Reinhard. Second of all, Reinhard not having mana strengthening is your conjecture trying to explain away Emilia stabbing Reinhard. Again, if catching someone off guard is enough to circumvent their durability, why don't we see people doing more often? If your enemy is someone as strong as you, and not Reinhard, you'd basically be guarantied a one-shot, but that's not what we see happening when someone manages to get the jumo on someone else.
Because it's hard to catching someone off guard in Re:Zero, that's why It doesn't happen so currently.

It should though, judging from what Tappei said. He also explained that someone like Felix, whose body is very weak to begin with, wouldn't get anywhere by strengthening his body, despite the vast amount of mana he possesses. So this mana strengthening isn't all that if you are weak to begin with, and since Ram was able to dodge Garf's attacks and survive the force of her own attacks without mana, we can conclude that this mana boost is negligible. Lacking mana is not a good enough explanation for why someone would get injured by someone thousands of times weaker than them because the boost they get from mana isn't all that big in the first place.
But Felix Is not Reinhard. Reinhard can absorb an incredibly high amount of mana.
According to the Artificial Spirit Echidna, Reinhard's gate is unable to release the mana inside of his body back out into the atmosphere, though she mentions that he is able to absorb an incredible amount and that it doesn't cause any harm to his body as he uses all of his mana to boost his physical abilities. Because of this, he can make others unable to use any magic or spirit magic while he's absorbing mana. Also, Reinhard has no affinity with magic, making him unable to use it at all.

In both cases that body was already dead, and he had the time in the *Pride IF, his body was still there–and in arguably better shape–and so were his enemies.
Yeah, Pride If, sorry for the mistake.
But only in the Envy route he has got a power-up boost because he was rejected by Satella.

Because it's hard to catching someone off guard in Re:Zero, that's why It doesn't happen so currently.
But surprise attacks have been pulled off on multiple occasions with no sign of anyone's durability being circumvented.
But Felix Is not Reinhard. Reinhard can absorb an incredibly high amount of mana.
According to the Artificial Spirit Echidna, Reinhard's gate is unable to release the mana inside of his body back out into the atmosphere, though she mentions that he is able to absorb an incredible amount and that it doesn't cause any harm to his body as he uses all of his mana to boost his physical abilities. Because of this, he can make others unable to use any magic or spirit magic while he's absorbing mana. Also, Reinhard has no affinity with magic, making him unable to use it at all.
Reinhard is already more than strong enough even without the mana absorption. See arc 1 when he was holding back as much as possible to let Emilia heal Rom, he was still absolutely toying with Elsa. And when he does decide to absorb mana, it becomes immediately obvious because there are side effects like how the temperature of the loot house dropped or how Emilia became drowsy; it's been outright stated that Reinhard causes damage to his surroundings when he does that. And if other are unable to use magic when he's absorbing mana, then that would mean that he wasn't absorbing mana when he fought Regulus because Emilia was using magic all the time. Reinhard has every reason not to absorb mana, because it's harmful to others nearby, but during Oboreru he would also have had every reason to keep his defences up at all times, because while he might have beaten Cecilus, he still had Halibel, the world's best assassin, to deal with, meaning he should be especially worried about getting stabbed in the back.

he would also have had every reason to keep his defences up at all times, because while he might have beaten Cecilus, he still had Halibel, the world's best assassin, to deal with, meaning he should be especially worried about getting stabbed in the back
He can sense when someone has kill intention....
So not having his durability high in that moment wouldn't have changed nothing, because he would have dodged.

There are still other inconsistencies, like how the Q&As says that Cecilus is only around young Wilhelm and Theresia's level, who would get one-shotted in a serious fight with Reinhard, but he not only gave Rein a good fight, but he also made it out alive.

And "he was caught off guard" is still the flimsiest of excuses for why Emilia would be able to injure a character that's many, many orders of magniture stronger than her. There is a point at which it's no longer believable, and when there is a difference of over one million times you've about reached that point where PIS becomes the more likely explanation.

There are still other inconsistencies, like how the Q&As says that Cecilus is only around young Wilhelm and Theresia's level, who would get one-shotted in a serious fight with Reinhard, but he not only gave Rein a good fight, but he also made it out alive.

And "he was caught off guard" is still the flimsiest of excuses for why Emilia would be able to injure a character that's many, many orders of magniture stronger than her. There is a point at which it's no longer believable, and when there is a difference of over one million times you've about reached that point where PIS becomes the more likely explanation.
Sorry, but I disagree. Tappei clearly tried to give any possible explaination about Emilia stabbing Reinhard so that no one could say It was an inconsistency. I would understand if that just happened without any explaination, but the author clearly did all he could so that no one could scream "inconsistency". He explained that because of the Pandemonium he couldn't properly use his blessings, that he couldn't dodge because Emilia did it without any kill intention. He literally explained anything. This just means that a far weaker character can hurt a far stronger character in some cases, that's current in every verse.
About Q&As, Tappei just said that Cecils' skills with his blades are equal to that of Wilhelm. But that doesn't mean they're overall equal. He even said that Reid Is more skilled than Reinhard. Cecils is clearly overall stronger because of his speed, he's Indeed the fastest of the verse.

Sorry, but I disagree. Tappei clearly tried to give any possible explaination about Emilia stabbing Reinhard so that no one could say It was an inconsistency. I would understand if that just happened without any explaination, but the author clearly did all he could so that no one could scream "inconsistency". He explained that because of the Pandemonium he couldn't properly use his blessings, that he couldn't dodge because Emilia did it without any kill intention. He literally explained anything. This just means that a far weaker character can hurt a far stronger character in some cases, that's current in every verse.
Tappei only explained why the attack connected, not why it did damage to him. It's stated that there was no killing intent behind the attack, so Reinhard couldn't sense it coming, and that his divine protections weren't working. However, Tappei has stated that losing all of his divine protections would barely have an impact on Reinhard's strength, so we can conclude that the text references the DPs that make Reinhard auto dodge attacks and the one that protects him from projectiles, and not some blessing that makes him much stronger. You also can't say that "a far weaker character can hurt a far stronger character in some cases" because we have cases like Elsa in Ayamatsu not being able to even scratch Reinhard. All logic dictates that the difference in power between the god tiers and the mid tiers is far too great for the mid tiers to be able to do anything, and if you have instances where that's the case (Elsa vs Reinhard in Ayamatsu) and instances where it isn't (Emilia vs Reinhard in Oboreru), then that means there are inconsistencies. You can't use such a broad excuse like "weaker characters injure stronger ones all the time" when that's literally not the case, I can't think of any other times when a character injured someone millions of times stronger in Re:Zero besides the case with Reinhard in Oboreru and Petelgeuse in Ayamatsu, so they're inconsistencies. And explanations like "they must not have had their bodies strengthened by mana" is not a real explanation that was given for why it happened, it's merely your conjecture trying to explain away the inconsistencies.

About Q&As, Tappei just said that Cecils' skills with his blades are equal to that of Wilhelm. But that doesn't mean they're overall equal. He even said that Reid Is more skilled than Reinhard. Cecils is clearly overall stronger because of his speed, he's Indeed the fastest of the verse.
You are mistaken, read the Q&A again:
Q: In a comparison purely of swordsmanship, which of Wilhelm in his prime and Cecilus would be stronger?
A: I'd like to say that they'd be evenly matched. Since Cecilus is really strong.
Notice how he answers they're evenly matched "since Cecilus is really strong"? Not skilled, but strong. That's because the question itself is asking about their strength. 純粋な剣術の強さ means "strength of pure swordmanship". This is not a comparison of skill.

This is further supported by another Q&A:
Q: If Thearesia fought with Cecilus, who would win?
A: That's a very delicate question, isn't it. Thearesia has no experience with fighting with an equal and being pressured, so I think Thearesia would lose due to the difference in experience.
Tappei has previous stated that if Theresia (and Wilhelm) was to fight Reinhard, she'd die in one hit. So, if Theresia gets one-shotted by Reinhard while Cecilus can put up a fight against him, Cecilus should be able to easily beat Theresia, no? No, that's not the case, Tappei answers the question by first saying that it's a delicate scenario (which it wouldn't be if Cecilus was as strong as Oboreru implies), and proceeds to tell you that Theresia would lose due to inexperience rather than anything else (he literally says that Cecilus is her equal).

Cecilus has also never been stated to be the fastest in the verse, and there are no feats to support such a thing either. Again, if Cecilus really was so fast that he can get the upper hand on Reinhard, he should utterly demolish Wilhelm and Theresia, which is not the case.

That point about Reid is also of no help to your argument, because while Reid is more skilled, Tappei has stated that Reinhard would have a tough time beating Reid if he can't draw the Dragon Sword against him, and that if Reinhard were to be in arc 6, the difficulty of the trial would go up because Reid would try harder. So those two are clearly in the same tier, even if Reid is more skilled while Reinhard is stronger.

Last edited:
because we have cases like Elsa in Ayamatsu not being able to even scratch Reinhard.
Can you post It? Because if Reinhard was ready to block it I don't see why It should be the same situatiation with Emilia.

You can't use such a broad excuse like "weaker characters injure stronger ones all the time" when that's literally not the case, I can't think of any other times when a character injured someone millions of times stronger in Re:Zero besides the case with Reinhard in Oboreru and Petelgeuse in Ayamatsu, so they're inconsistencies. And explanations like "they must not have had their bodies strengthened by mana" is not a real explanation that was given for why it happened, it's merely your conjecture trying to explain away the inconsistencies.
In this wiki a lot of you guys have this conjecture where you can't pierce characters with normal skin and a far weaker character can't hurt someone way stronger with a weapon.
You said that in all Re:zero only in the Pride and Wrath If there are cases of someone way weaker be capable of stabbing or hurting someone way stronger. That's a lie. Even in the main story Subaru could hurt Elsa if he would have got her with the spiked club, but you said that even that is not consistent. So we have 3 different proofs of that in 3 different stories, all written by the same author and one of them Is the main one and you're still using your headcannon and classified all of them as inconsistencies. And not only that, you reported the fact that Ram without mana seems to be as weak as her body suggests. She's still fast enough to dodge, but her physically strength Is clearly well below the strength she usually has. So I don't understand, are you who decides what is consistent and which is not? Is your way of thinking and your conjecture more important than what happened in the main route and in other 2 routes written by the same person? You know your whole argument Is that these IFs aren't valid because they have stuff similar to other stuff that happened in the main route.

Notice how he answers they're evenly matched "since Cecilus is really strong"? Not skilled, but strong. That's because the question itself is asking about their strength. 純粋な剣術の強さ means "strength of pure swordmanship". This is not a comparison of skill.
Pure swordmanship. So Cecils without his Blue Thunder.
This is further supported by another Q&A:
Q: If Thearesia fought with Cecilus, who would win?
A: That's a very delicate question, isn't it. Thearesia has no experience with fighting with an equal and being pressured, so I think Thearesia would lose due to the difference in experience.

Q: If Thearesia had trained with the sword would she have gotten even stronger? Or had she reached the upper limit of strength the moment the Blessing of the Master Swordsman was bestowed?

A: In terms of sword skill, that's the upper limit of strength. However, the more one battles, the more one gains the thing called experience, so I think the "Ability to Respond" could be gained and change her actual strength. In a fight between the truly strong, that's what becomes the bottleneck.

Here your answer.

(which it wouldn't be if Cecilus was as strong as Oboreru implies)
Cecils being Reinhard Level Is something confirmed not only in Oboreru.

"Subaru:「Did anyone familiar come to your mind? If you don’t see the real thing you probably won’t be able to imagine him, but he’s with no exaggeration strong as a monster. Maybe around Reinhardt-grade.」

Ram:「A real nightmare, huh.」

Emilia:「Though what Subaru’s saying is no lie. I’ve never seen Reinhardt’s true strength… But, well, I think he was as strong as that.」

Emilia followed up Ram’s words, detailing her thoughts having actually fought the man.

There was no benefit in telling lies here. From her judgement, Ram wearily placed her hand against her forehead, and said,

Ram:「If we put confidence in Barusu and Emilia-sama’s words then our enemy is of the same caliber as the Knight Reinhardt… If as said they truly are equal to the world’s strongest man, then there’s one that’s at least close to his level in every part of the world.」

Subaru:「So essentially Reinhardt is the strongest in the Kingdom and each of the other three countries have their own strongest.」

Ram:「In the Vollachian Empire there’s the First General, the『Blue Lightning』Cecilus Segmunt; in the Holy Kingdom of Gusteko there’s the『Crazed Prince』; and in the Kararagi City States there’s the『Admirer』Halibel. But each have different traits to them.]"

So Cecils is someone with swordmanship equal to that of Wilhelm and Theresia, with much more experience (so with the ability to respond, which is very important against the strongest according to the author) and with Blue Thunder which boosts his speed.
All of this puts him at Reinhard's Level of strength.

So those two are clearly in the same tier, even if Reid is more skilled while Reinhard is stronger.
Agree, Reid Is on the same tier as Reinhard, and so are Halibel and Cecils as suggested in the IFs and in the arc 6.

Last edited:
Can you post It? Because if Reinhard was ready to block it I don't see why It should be the same situatiation with Emilia.
The instant that Reinhardt begins his charge, a black silhouette swoops in from aside. Discordant noise peals out as Reinhardt meets the silhouette’s slash with his hand, held flat and open like a blade. It's stupid. How can he meet a knife swung with that much momentum using his hand? The knife shrieks, shattering to bits. It's stupid. Why is the knife the one breaking?
~Ayamatsu

In this wiki a lot of you guys have this conjecture where you can't pierce characters with normal skin and a far weaker character can't hurt someone way stronger with a weapon.
If character A is as many times stronger than character B as a human is than a fly, then character B should be able to do only as much damage as a fly can to a human. It's not a hard concept to grasp, if they can dish out and take attacks that can easily destoys buildings, a regular person wouldn't be able to do anything to them. And normal skin can't withstand such powerful attacks, it's clearly not normal skin.

I don't know what you think that pointy objects do that make them able to ignore durability to such an extent. The reason why a sword thrust can cut through a human while, say, a punch can't is because the surface area of the sword's edge is way less than that of a punch, which means that the force per square meter is greater, but the kinetic energy that the thrust and the punch carry isn't.
You said that in all Re:zero only in the Pride and Wrath If there are cases of someone way weaker be capable of stabbing or hurting someone way stronger. That's a lie. Even in the main story Subaru could hurt Elsa if he would have got her with the spiked club, but you said that even that is not consistent.
Subaru literally never injured Elsa. You just assume that because a character dodges the attack it means it's because it was a threat to them, when Elsa was just toying with her food. I don't want any arguments from belief, show me where Subaru injured a character he shouldn't be able to, not where you believe he would have if his attacks connected, which is something that's not even stated or implied.
So we have 3 different proofs of that in 3 different stories, all written by the same author and one of them Is the main one and you're still using your headcannon and classified all of them as inconsistencies.
We also have cases where weaker characters have been unable to scratch stronger ones: Elsa couldn't harm Reinhard in Ayamatsu, Patrasche couldn't harm Garfiel in arc 4, Otto using Al Dona (the highest tier of magic) couldn't harm Garfiel in arc 4. It's literally inconsistent, what do you want?
And not only that, you reported the fact that Ram without mana seems to be as weak as her body suggests. She's still fast enough to dodge, but her physically strength Is clearly well below the strength she usually has.
Yes, but not enough to where she becomes unable to keep up with Garfiel or damage him. Your argument is that a lack of mana strengthening is an explanation as to why Reinhard and Petelgeuse can be damaged by Emilia and Subaru respectively, so I'm showing you that the one time that we know for sure someone ran out of strengthening mana, they were still able to contend with the character they were fighting up to that point, showing that this mana strengthening is not that powerful and that a lack of it is not reason enough as to why one can be killed by a character that cannot typically damage them.

Also, since Ram ran out of mana almost immediately in the fight with Garf, we can assume that she did in her fight with Rai in arc 6 (especially since she was already short on mana because Roswaal wasn't there), yet she was still able to fight just as well and even better than she did against Garfiel.
So I don't understand, are you who decides what is consistent and which is not? Is your way of thinking and your conjecture more important than what happened in the main route and in other 2 routes written by the same person? You know your whole argument Is that these IFs aren't valid because they have stuff similar to other stuff that happened in the main route.
The argument is that these non-canon stories manage to have more inconsitencies than some entire arcs, when they are only 2 or so chapters long each.
Pure swordmanship. So Cecils without his Blue Thunder.
If they are equal in swordmaship, but Cecilus has a few tricks like Blue Thunder that give him an edge, that doesn't mean that Cecilus has superior AP or Durability or Speed compared to Wilhelm. In fact, if they are equal in swordmanship, which is all down to speed, strength, and skill, then they are probably (roughly) equal in the afore listed stats.
Q: If Thearesia had trained with the sword would she have gotten even stronger? Or had she reached the upper limit of strength the moment the Blessing of the Master Swordsman was bestowed?

A: In terms of sword skill, that's the upper limit of strength. However, the more one battles, the more one gains the thing called experience, so I think the "Ability to Respond" could be gained and change her actual strength. In a fight between the truly strong, that's what becomes the bottleneck.

Here your answer.
Yes, it shows that Theresia lacks experience, which is the reason Tappei gave for why she would lose to Cecilus, and not a difference in speed or strength.
Cecils being Reinhard Level Is something confirmed not only in Oboreru.

"Subaru:「Did anyone familiar come to your mind? If you don’t see the real thing you probably won’t be able to imagine him, but he’s with no exaggeration strong as a monster. Maybe around Reinhardt-grade.」

Ram:「A real nightmare, huh.」

Emilia:「Though what Subaru’s saying is no lie. I’ve never seen Reinhardt’s true strength… But, well, I think he was as strong as that.」

Emilia followed up Ram’s words, detailing her thoughts having actually fought the man.

There was no benefit in telling lies here. From her judgement, Ram wearily placed her hand against her forehead, and said,

Ram:「If we put confidence in Barusu and Emilia-sama’s words then our enemy is of the same caliber as the Knight Reinhardt… If as said they truly are equal to the world’s strongest man, then there’s one that’s at least close to his level in every part of the world.」

Subaru:「So essentially Reinhardt is the strongest in the Kingdom and each of the other three countries have their own strongest.」

Ram:「In the Vollachian Empire there’s the First General, the『Blue Lightning』Cecilus Segmunt; in the Holy Kingdom of Gusteko there’s the『Crazed Prince』; and in the Kararagi City States there’s the『Admirer』Halibel. But each have different traits to them.]"

So Cecils is someone with swordmanship equal to that of Wilhelm and Theresia, with much more experience (so with the ability to respond, which is very important against the strongest according to the author) and with Blue Thunder which boosts his speed.
All of this puts him at Reinhard's Level of strength.
You completely ignored my explanation as to why Tappei meant overall strength with the sword and not just skill. You're also ignoring the fact that Tappei specifically said Theresia lacks experience fighting an equal opponent and that's why she loses, which is important because Cecilus is pretty much the same as Reinhard is the only opponent he couldn't just curb stomp.

I'm also not inclined to take Ram on her word when Halibel in the Sloth IF didn't think he could beat Zarestia, who's only Great Spirit level, and most probably weaker than Puck, who Tappei has called a rounding error in comparison to Reinhard. Which is just another case of the IFs contradicting each other. The one time Cecilus made an appearance was in EX 4, all he did was get knocked out by Reinhard because he was ******* around and had an off-screen dual with him at the end. He just hasn't been shown fighting evenly with Reinhard, on screen, in a canon story.

I also don't know when it was stated that Blue Thunder boosts speed, you gotta provide a citation for that one.
Agree, Reid Is on the same tier as Reinhard, and so are Halibel and Cecils as suggested in the IFs and in the arc 6.
What about the Sloth IF that suggests Halibel being only around the level of Great Spirits which are much weaker than Reinhard?

I don't know what you think that pointy objects do that make them able to ignore durability to such an extent. The reason why a sword thrust can cut through a human while, say, a punch can't is because the surface area of the sword's edge is way less than that of a punch, which means that the force per square meter is greater, but the kinetic energy that the thrust and the punch carry isn't.
Because if a little baby has a knife in his hand, be sure tha the can hurt an adult human, even though a punch from the same baby wouldn't hurt an adult.
Subaru literally never injured Elsa. You just assume that because a character dodges the attack it means it's because it was a threat to them, when Elsa was just toying with her food. I don't want any arguments from belief, show me where Subaru injured a character he shouldn't be able to, not where you believe he would have if his attacks connected, which is something that's not even stated or implied.
Subaru wasn't a threat, don't change my words. He's not a threat because Elsa can easily dodge his attacks, but that doesn't mean that Elsa could take direct hits from Subaru with the spiked club. The fact that she dodges, implies she would suffer some damage at least, but I don't scale Subaru to Elsa because of that. Because it's the same with the example I said before, a baby with a knife against an adult human.
We also have cases where weaker characters have been unable to scratch stronger ones: Elsa couldn't harm Reinhard in Ayamatsu, Patrasche couldn't harm Garfiel in arc 4, Otto using Al Dona (the highest tier of magic) couldn't harm Garfiel in arc 4. It's literally inconsistent, what do you want?
and we also have cases where weaker characters can scratch stronger ones, so let's just separate and not mix them.
Yes, but not enough to where she becomes unable to keep up with Garfiel or damage him. Your argument is that a lack of mana strengthening is an explanation as to why Reinhard and Petelgeuse can be damaged by Emilia and Subaru respectively, so I'm showing you that the one time that we know for sure someone ran out of strengthening mana, they were still able to contend with the character they were fighting up to that point, showing that this mana strengthening is not that powerful and that a lack of it is not reason enough as to why one can be killed by a character that cannot typically damage them.
But Ram had little mana, not completely 0.

The argument is that these non-canon stories manage to have more inconsitencies than some entire arcs, when they are only 2 or so chapters long each.
Absolutely not true, all the stuff you call inconsistencies are just 2 things and both related to durability (that can be explained) and the first chapters of the canon story has a similar stuff with Elsa that need to dodge Subaru's attacks with a weapon and not just tanking them like they were nothing.

If they are equal in swordmaship, but Cecilus has a few tricks like Blue Thunder that give him an edge, that doesn't mean that Cecilus has superior AP or Durability or Speed compared to Wilhelm. In fact, if they are equal in swordmanship, which is all down to speed, strength, and skill, then they are probably (roughly) equal in the afore listed stats.
You don't know what is Blue Thunder, do you? It's a blessing that boosts his speed and he can also imbue his katanas with its power.

I'm also not inclined to take Ram on her word when Halibel in the Sloth IF didn't think he could beat Zarestia, who's only Great Spirit level, and most probably weaker than Puck, who Tappei has called a rounding error in comparison to Reinhard. Which is just another case of the IFs contradicting each other. The one time Cecilus made an appearance was in EX 4, all he did was get knocked out by Reinhard because he was ******* around and had an off-screen dual with him at the end. He just hasn't been shown fighting evenly with Reinhard, on screen, in a canon story.
Halibel is literally a chill guy, also his strength is not being a powerhouse like Cecils (it was said in the Oboreru if), but being capable of finding his enemies weak points and using his skills as a shinobi, and his curses.
So yeah, trust Ram.

What about the Sloth IF that suggests Halibel being only around the level of Great Spirits which are much weaker than Reinhard?
What are you talking about? Just because Halibel isn't a powerhouse as Reinhard that doesn't mean that he is on the level of Great Spirits. Halibel's curse worked on Zarestia, when he actived it in the final fight. So Halibel had all prepared to kill her, he's a tactical character...
You're talking like Re:Zero is Dragon Ball lmao, Halibel is Reinhard's level of strength overall.

edit: Oh, and Cecils promised to Reinhard that he would have gotten stronger, so he became stronger since the first encounter.

Last edited:
Because if a little baby has a knife in his hand, be sure tha the can hurt an adult human, even though a punch from the same baby wouldn't hurt an adult.
Yeah, a child which is 10-C can do this to an adult that's 10-B to 10-A. Now, what do you think would happen if we replaced the adult in this example with a brick wall? The kid's punch (I'm not literally talking about a baby here) is going to do literally nothing as well, the knife is going to be more effective, of course, but all it can really do is scratch it. If the kid keeps at it, he might even end up damaging the knife more than he does the wall. Now, do you think that a character much tougher than a wall, one that can easily shatter walls and survive being sent flying through wall, would sustain more damage than that wall simply because he's flesh and blood?
Subaru wasn't a threat, don't change my words. He's not a threat because Elsa can easily dodge his attacks, but that doesn't mean that Elsa could take direct hits from Subaru with the spiked club. The fact that she dodges, implies she would suffer some damage at least, but I don't scale Subaru to Elsa because of that. Because it's the same with the example I said before, a baby with a knife against an adult human.
Again, you say that, but the fact that there are examples of characters choosing to dodge attacks that wouldn't hurt them means that your argument won't go much farther than a speculation. Here's another speculation: Elsa probably had no idea exactly how strong Subaru's attacks were and chose to dodge them because that's usually what one would do when attacked. Both speculations work off of the same information and are equally unprovable.
and we also have cases where weaker characters can scratch stronger ones, so let's just separate and not mix them.
Two of the three examples you provided come from non-canon stories while the third is not even an example of a weaker character injuring a stronger one, but one of the stronger one dodging the weaker one's attacks.
But Ram had little mana, not completely 0.
She has little mana and she quickly burns through it, leaving her at 0 within seconds if she's fighting seriously. But even after running out of mana, she is still capable of performing superhuman feats of the same tier as she does when she has mana.
Absolutely not true, all the stuff you call inconsistencies are just 2 things and both related to durability (that can be explained) and the first chapters of the canon story has a similar stuff with Elsa that need to dodge Subaru's attacks with a weapon and not just tanking them like they were nothing.
Would you like me to start calling it PIS instead? Because that's what it is. BTW your argument shifted from "it's explainable because they're using piercing weapons" to "Subaru in arc 1 could damage Elsa with the club, that's why she dodged" which completely invalidates your previous argument because a club is a blunt weapon that would not be as good at injuring a stronger character as a blade, not even close.
You don't know what is Blue Thunder, do you? It's a blessing that boosts his speed and he can also imbue his katanas with its power.
Again, citation? I've read the stories that feature Cecilus and there wasn't anything about him having a blessing.
Halibel is literally a chill guy, also his strength is not being a powerhouse like Cecils (it was said in the Oboreru if), but being capable of finding his enemies weak points and using his skills as a shinobi, and his curses.
You're not helping your case. If you're telling me that Halibel fights in a way that doesn't require him to be as strong or fast as his enemy, then you're telling me that he might very well not be, at all.
What are you talking about? Just because Halibel isn't a powerhouse as Reinhard that doesn't mean that he is on the level of Great Spirits. Halibel's curse worked on Zarestia, when he actived it in the final fight. So Halibel had all prepared to kill her, he's a tactical character...
Unfortunately for Halibel, curses don't work on Reinhard, so the only way for him to kill him is with power.
You're talking like Re:Zero is Dragon Ball lmao, Halibel is Reinhard's level of strength overall.
He's not as strong, fast, or skilled as Reinhard, so what puts him on the same level again?
edit: Oh, and Cecils promised to Reinhard that he would have gotten stronger, so he became stronger since the first encounter.
People don't tend to become several times stronger after training for a short period of time. This isn't Dragon Ball.

Yeah, a child which is 10-C can do this to an adult that's 10-B to 10-A. Now, what do you think would happen if we replaced the adult in this example with a brick wall? The kid's punch (I'm not literally talking about a baby here) is going to do literally nothing as well, the knife is going to be more effective, of course, but all it can really do is scratch it. If the kid keeps at it, he might even end up damaging the knife more than he does the wall. Now, do you think that a character much tougher than a wall, one that can easily shatter walls and survive being sent flying through wall, would sustain more damage than that wall simply because he's flesh and blood?
Characters skins is particular, It can be tougher than a wall but at the same times It can easily be pierce by far weaker characters.
It's something common in fiction, nothing new.

Would you like me to start calling it PIS instead? Because that's what it is. BTW your argument shifted from "it's explainable because they're using piercing weapons" to "Subaru in arc 1 could damage Elsa with the club, that's why she dodged" which completely invalidates your previous argument because a club is a blunt weapon that would not be as good at injuring a stronger character as a blade, not even close.
I mean, It didn't switch. With a piercing weapon it is even easier.

You're not helping your case. If you're telling me that Halibel fights in a way that doesn't require him to be as strong or fast as his enemy, then you're telling me that he might very well not be, at all.
I am sure Halibel's reaction and combat speed Is enough to keep up with Reinhard's speed.

Unfortunately for Halibel, curses don't work on Reinhard, so the only way for him to kill him is with power.
You keep changing my words...
Halibel Is Reinhard Level. That's true.
But the Sword Saint Is a counter to Halibel.
Let's say It in other words, Halibel Is Cecils Level (not in close combat, as confirmed in Oboreru) in overall strength, Halibel might win with some strategy against Cecils and Cecils Is Reinhard Level. Reinhard Is just a bad match-up for Halibel.
Understood? I hope I was clear.

Again, citation? I've read the stories that feature Cecilus and there wasn't anything about him having a blessing.
C'mon, It was never stated It Is a blessings but it's kinda clear. But whatever, It doesn't matter what It Is, he can boosts himself with lightning so his strength and speed surpasses that of Prime Wilhelm.

Even if you don't want to use IFs (I don't get why, I mean you literally use Q&As but not IFs, when both are words from the same person), Halibel and Cecils should be classified as Reinhard because It was said in the novel by Ram.

Honestly this is ridiculous at this point.

Cecils and Halibel aren't Reinhard level, Ram's statement was in regards to the strongest beings in each country, and her assumption that because of that they are all comparable, which is incorrect.

Reinhard isn't just the strongest in Lugnica, but is the world's strongest. Neither by feats or statements in the canon story does Cecils compare to Reinhard, he is explicitly stated to be Prime Wilhelm level, Theresia loses to him due to experience, not strength, not speed, meaning they are the same tier.

He isn't Reinhard level.

Honestly this is ridiculous at this point.

Cecils and Halibel aren't Reinhard level, Ram's statement was in regards to the strongest beings in each country, and her assumption that because of that they are all comparable, which is incorrect.

Reinhard isn't just the strongest in Lugnica, but is the world's strongest. Neither by feats or statements in the canon story does Cecils compare to Reinhard, he is explicitly stated to be Prime Wilhelm level, Theresia loses to him due to experience, not strength, not speed, meaning they are the same tier.

He isn't Reinhard level.
Ram doesn't do any assumption about strength, she just says that in every country there is someone at least close to his level, so the person Emilia and Subaru saw must be one of them (she thought) and Reinhard being the world's strongest is something well known and even said in the Oboreru If. But in the same If we can clearly see that Cecils could fight Reinhard and even doing him a lot of damage. I dont' see any problem with someone being Reinhard level, when there is Reid (as you said).

I mean, Subaru and Emilia thought that Reid was of the same caliber of Reinhard, the author confirmed that this is true, because Reinhard would have a lot of problems dealing with him, Ram says that if Subaru and Emilia are right then they're probably talking about Halibel or Celis or the prince.

All of this just means that: Reinhard is the strongest, without any doubts, but there are some characters of his same caliber and are: Reid, Cecils, Halibel and the Prince. All of that is really consistent with the IF.
And what the author says in an interview has less importance than what is it written in the story. Check death of the author.

I asked some people to write here, but for now, no one replied. I am just gonna say that your logic is a bit self-contradictory:
but those Q&As should be taken with with a mountain of salt because Tappei says some very dumb shit in them that either shouldn't be taken seriously or contradicts what has been established in the story
You said that, but at the same time you tried to debunk Cecils being around Reinhard's strength, which is written in the novel, with this:
how the Q&As says that Cecilus is only around young Wilhelm and Theresia's level
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Because, guess what, a large part of our scaling is based on said Q&As.

Tappei has absolutely said some very dumb shit in them though, he once said that Regulus was the strongest character in Re:Zero (though that technically wasn't a Q&A). He also went on about how it is absolutely impossible for Ram to ever regain her horn, but here we are in the last chapters of arc 6.

Because, guess what, a large part of our scaling is based on said Q&As.

Tappei has absolutely said some very dumb shit in them though, he once said that Regulus was the strongest character in Re:Zero (though that technically wasn't a Q&A). He also went on about how it is absolutely impossible for Ram to ever regain her horn, but here we are in the last chapters of arc 6.
I mean, taking Q&As Is fine until the novel doesn't contradict here. It also depends on which year he said Cecils = Theresia, because Tappei could change his idea. Also, I found out some interviews are bad translated or fake, never found the one Cecils = Thearesia.

I've found this:
screenautore.PNG

Google translate, literally:

Q: Which is stronger, Teresia or Segmund?

A: The white one wins. I'm sorry, it's not white. The blue one.
Cecils Segmund wins.

Last edited:
I am way ahead of you. Ever since I saw that the Puck = Roswaal Q&A was fake, I've been checking the Japanese raws to make sure that everything's ok.

The original question is deleted, but Tappei's answer still stands:

This is from the same birthday Q&A as the one you show, it saw tweeted less than an hour prior. Tappei already answered the same question, so he gave a sillier and more direct response the second time around, as he often does when he gets asked the same thing multiple times in the same Q&A (just one more reason why twitter sucks).

I am way ahead of you. Ever since I saw that the Puck = Roswaal Q&A was fake, I've been checking the Japanese raws to make sure that everything's ok.

The original question is deleted, but Tappei's answer still stands:

This is from the same birthday Q&A as the one you show, it saw tweeted less than an hour prior. Tappei already answered the same question, so he gave a sillier and more direct response the second time around, as he often does when he gets asked the same thing multiple times in the same Q&A (just one more reason why twitter sucks).

I didn't find It because there isn't written Cecils' name, lmao.

Lgamer099_99 asked me to comment on his initial conversation topics in this thread. Short answer, I think OppaiSenpai5's and Celestial_Pegasus's arguments make more sense, from what I read.

Last edited:
Ok, can anyone tell me what type of concept the concepts of sound and light are? Need it for Reid's profile.
Chapter 85 said:
Killing the very concept of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.
He shall affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it shall be slashed down.
For that was, the very manifestation of the notion of the『Sword』.
Btw 概念 is being translated as "notion" for no good reason in the last sentence when it was accurately translated as "concept" in the first one. So it's really saying "the very manifestation of the concept of the『Sword』."

Back