• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arc 4 was shorten cause of too much irrelevant stuff, the stuff like with the witches is pretty important, it reveals echidna is actually alive, i could live with those ss being animated, it's not like some irrelevant stuff like a rem side story.

Either way i don't care if they animate arc 4 plus those ss or animate arc 4 plus 5, i just want something animated.

And irrelevant stuff is cut because of pacing issues which some LNs suffer, the anime has the same problem except worse.

it's not like some irrelevant stuff like a rem side story.

Rem fan-service is more relevant than your witches side stories cash wise.

If they animate the 4th arc and 5th arc, I would rather have the 4th arc to have rushed content. I hated what the anime did to the 3rd arc, like, cut 75% of Ricardo's screentime or Wilhelm & Ricardo vs Ram.

2nd ova announced, it will be about bonds of ice, the emilia prequel.

Goods news because it's more content but also since this is an important story, cause it's how puck and emilia met, and the events of arc 4, it would be a good lead in to season 2.

This is the story with relevant feats too, as puck fights the former spirit of fire, so would lead to some upgrades.

Also the illustrations for vol 17 are out

So the first ova will be 68 minutes long, which means either they are animating a lot of short stories, or maybe the rest of arc 3? Cause the mayonaisse scramble and some like it cold short stories aren't enough to fill up that much time.

Still crossing my fingers for a season 2 announcement but seems less likely atm due to the 2nd ova being announced.

Not getting my hopes up, but still don't see how it could possibly be 68 minutes, they must be adapating a lot of the side stories, or side stories plus finishing arc 3, but finishing arc 3 in an ova with side stories would be weird, would make more sense if it is in the next ova about emilia and puck meeting since that's more relevant.

Either way we should know in 3 days if it's season 2 or not.

I...wouldn't think so... 68 minutes is the entire 1st OVA, Mayonase Madness and Memory Snow, and each of them are most likely 34 minutes long. And the 2nd OVA will be only focus on Emilia's backstory where she first met Pack. So if they want to make another OVA, my money is on EX vol 2 OVA/movie, or OVA3 or 4 will focus on each camp's backstory/SS. So maybe the 2nd season will only adapt the 4th vol since it'll mostlikely adapt somewhere 12-20 episodes.

There is no way Memory Snow and Mayanase Madness are each half an hour long, that would be some serious strecthing of the content there, but who knows we will just have to wait and see.

I am all for ova's of the ex novels though.

The mayonnase did have it's own manga, even though idk where the LN went, has a good ammount of pages to go for a 30 minute long...unless they want to milk it and extend it, just like milking the 2nd arc manga. The Memory Snow is a questionable one because the LN booklet chapter just released couple weeks ago.

The manga for mayonnaise madness is 27 pages, so it would be 34 minutes for 27 pages, definitely seems like stretching.

Well, if you remember the 1st arc manga, it took 1 1/8 volumes for the 1st ep. But at the same time, in the 3rd arc manga, it took i think 1 1/4 or 1 2/4 to complete the 12th episode while the LN is 3 episodes long. So likely if it's based on a booklet, it may take up to 1 episode. So 2 booklets is 2 episodes, and 2 episodes is 1 ova. But still, would've wished made a Ricardo EX/SS so he can have his own OVA...

Some pics from the ova are out.

Seems the ova will indeed also adapt alcoholic panic in addition to mayonnaise madness and some like it cold.

So instead of season 2 we are getting a crossover with overlord, kono suba and youjo senki...

Trailer here.

Knew that season 2 wouldn't be announced after they already another ova, now the wait continues hoping the next ova finally announces it.

Memory snow pv which has konosuba and roswaal vs puck for some reason.

Also at a talk show tappei apparently said:

-Negotiations for OVA2 are in progress, he'd like to do a Season 2, it will depend on everyone's efforts; White Fox being busy right now is a factor.

-If they do a season 2, he feels it would just be Arc 4, but with added content like subaru's knighting ceremony.

-Arc 7 will be in the vollachia empire.

-Arc 6 will be updated in a few days.

RIP season 2. Even if it happened it will be like 12-13 ep and since this season won't have Rem it will take even lower hit.

Also, Tappei have some balls to talk about arc 7 when he's been stuck in arc 6 for 3+ years right now.

Arc 4 can't be done in 12-13, and studios plan things out in advance so even if it took a hit, that would only affect future seasons.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Arc 4 can't be done in 12-13, and studios plan things out in advance so even if it took a hit, that would only affect future seasons.
You seriously think we would get anything beyond season 2? And they did arc 3 in 15 which was just as long with much bigger set of cast.

Well, the 4th arc is considered as the longest arc, and it kinda makes sense since it's gonna stop at the 1 year gap. But I do feel like S2 is gonna end in like 12-20 episodes with only the 4th arc.

@Zero In the future maybe if we get a season 2, maybe. Only the west cares about the waifu wars, the ln sales didn't drop with no rem in it.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Zero In the future maybe if we get a season 2, maybe. Only the west cares about the waifu wars, the ln sales didn't drop with no rem in it.
It dropped though. And who said anything about waifu wars? Fans want to see their girl more and she's not in the anime.

It is still a top selling series, it ranks high every time a new volume is released, so you're overestimating the importance of rem.

Seriously don't think like one of those rem fanboys who thinks rem is more important than the actually series.

Maybe because it doesn't have an anime while others do? Tensei shitara use to rank good but was a little bit below re zero, it got an anime and went to number 1, while re zero dropped.

Dude latest volume sold like what? 50K? That as good as Index LN which didn't have any anime in 7-8 years, not that theRe is any competition in the recent years besides SAO dominating everything and unti recently with Goblin Slyer which blew up

Re;zero is doing fine but not that good really. It needs another push.

Plus, the illustrations in vol 17 feels...underwelming. They could've put in a fight scene or couple of more Ricardo illustrations, but most of them feels unneccessary, even Al somehow is with Subaru and Felix, even though Ricardo is with them this whole time and Al didn't appear until later on.

I would say it dropped too fast imo. Other hit LN like index and yahari kept selling around 100k after 2-3 without an anime IIRC and theirs animes were not as big of a hit as Re;zero.

Japan are even more insane about their waifu than us Pegasus.

Howlingwolfjoey said:
Plus, the illustrations in vol 17 feels...underwelming. They could've put in a fight scene or couple of more Ricardo illustrations, but most of them feels unneccessary, even Al somehow is with Subaru and Felix, even though Ricardo is with them this whole time and Al didn't appear until later on.
Shitty choice for illustrations is nothing new in LN in general tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back