• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 10 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but usually his kills are fast and clean but when it comes to Regulus, he really went out of his way to make it as bad as he can.

Reinhard probably has a blessing for that, he is always calm and thinks nothing of slaughtering villains brutally, in way that's more deadly than if he was rampaging i think, doubt we will see a rampaging reinhard though, no one can push him that far except satella, and whoever is going to nerf him.

^true... and it's kinda sad.

Can't wait for Satella showing herself and have some action.

By the way, Crusch in that photo is WOW.

rei-chan too OP nerf plz

i feel like making theard on fimma and rei-chan , you can't hit me VS i can hit you

@Zero i made a satella vs fiamma a long time ago, but some dude kept derailing it, questioning satella's immortality.

^Well fimma's power mean absolute destruction to whatever i it touch "in the range of the DC of course " also he's hit never miss it's automatic hit button no matter what defense you have , it have no wave no direction no energy whatsoever , not even accel barrier can stop it

although i know it will turn into "fimme can shout reinahed or he can't "

gonna give it try

First attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity are complete NLF's, until we learn how they work, they should be ignored in vs matches, you don't need that anyway since reinhard has precog/spidey sense.

4 chan chapter 114 is out

Roswaal: "How scary. I wooooooould prefer if you could abstain frooooooom looking at me like that. Aaaaaaaalthough, my nature is one where animals and so ground dragons disfavour me ridiculously. Should the same apply for spirits, that does explain why Beatrice won't be cordial wiiiiiiiith me."

Nobody or anything likes roswaal

Roswaal: "A replica of the BOOK OF WISDOM. Or perhaps it could be called a superior gospel. To all except myself its writing appears as illegible scribbles, but not for me. It is a text which accounts the path to the correct history, which ought to be followed."
Emilia: "History which ought to be followed... you mean like the Dragon Stone?"
Roswaal: "They follow the same principles should you trace back their roots, is what Teacher told me."

The hell is the dragon stone?

Roswaal: "There's nooooo need to worry about anything. After all, there's the CONTRACT. There was no puzzling to be had about whether or not he would reach LEGITIMACY."

Hmm is roswaal gonna pull some shady stuff and change the contract? If he can do that, that's broken, takes mind control to the next level when you can't escape it through distance or worlds or time resets.

From what i remember, ram goes to him and goes oni mode and scares roswaal and destroys his gospel, he probably was going to pull some shady stuff before ram stopped him, as for being "serious", he is still injured here, so roswaal hasn't fought at full power yet, except against puck when he went to get emilia from the forest, but we don't know the details of that fight except that it changed the topography and lasted one day and night and ended in a draw.

Ram being badass is the best part there (gives you hope for character development). And well, he will get serious sooner or later. Hopefully as soon as possible.

Roswaal is like that op support character, that does everything except fighting, not sure when he will have a serious fight, hopefully arc 9 he tries to to fight reinhard and get rekt.

Somehow I don't like it when Ram is strong, I just hate it when arrogant characters turn out to be really strong.

A wilhelm, theresia q&a is out.

Q: If Wilhelm at his strongest point, and the current Reinhard were to fight, what would happen?

A: Under the condition that they're honestly trying to kill each other, Wilhelm would be instantly killed.

What kind of stupid question is this, comparing wilhelm to reinhard.

Q: Wilhelm was moving in superhuman ways while wielding his sword, is that done with magic or using magic power? If it's not, could Subaru move like that if he trained with the sword for decades?

A: Warriors use the mana in their bodies to support them in combat, sort of like fighting spirit. It's not done consciously, more like the mana responds to what they want to do. So, although Subaru could manage a certain level of it, he doesn't love the sword enough to throw half his life into it, and he wasn't blessed with sword talent, so it's probably impossible. Wilhelm humbly says that he lacks any talent, but a person with no talent could not have defeated a Master Swordsman through effort alone. In this world, differences because of inborn talent are fairly severe.

So that's why the characters are superhuman, cool

Q: Wilhelm said he'd killed a dragon, but in the Dragon Nation, isn't killing a dragon kind of frowned upon? It can't be helped when killing a pest, but how do they feel about that?

A: The evil dragon whose name popped up in the fourth volume was handled as a disaster, and prophesied by the Dragon Stone. It was treated as a dangerous animal. In truth, the Dragon Nation is only friendly with dragons of the human-friendly faction affiliated with Volcanica, and all others are hazardous beasts.

So the dragon stone is mentioned again, clearly it's something that makes prophesies as an extension of the dragon probably.

Q: What kind of person is the honorary vice-commander of the knights?

A: Arc 5. For the moment, he's a disliked individual.

Nobody likes that dude, he is a coward

Q: Around where on the strength ranking is Heinkel Astrea?

A: Below Reinhard, above Subaru.

Not a very accurate scale, a lot of ppl are above subaru and not many can topple with reinhard.

Q: Tell us something interesting about Reinhard-kun (5 years old).

A: He beat his father in a swordfight.

Got to be shameful to get beaten by a child but reinhard's been op since the

Q: Reid was called a club-wielder or something, but did he practice with a club?

A: He was able to cut down low-level dragons with a club.

Being a master in any weaponry really comes in handy, how strong is a low level dragon though, haven't seen any in action yet.

Q: Between Reid and Reinhard, who was better looking?

A: If we're comparing looks, Reinhard wins. Reid is a sword freak, after all.

Need that reid desig

Q: What was the relationship between the first Master Swordsman and the sage?

A: Sort of like Gian and Suneo. (Note: Gian and Suneo are characters from the Doraemon series. Gian sometimes acts as hired muscle for Suneo, if I understand correctly.)

Cool

Q: When will we hear more about Reid Astrea?

A: In a flashback.

Hopefully soo

Q: When he fought with Elsa, why didn't Reinhard have a spare sword? If he knows his sword can't be drawn, I think it would be good for him to have a sword he can draw.

A: If it's a scene where he'll need a sword, Reinhard knows a sword he can use will be within reach. On the other hand, he also knows that if it's a scene with no usable weapon on hand, he'll get by somehow without a weapon.

He is still pretty op unarmed

Heinkel is just salty that reinhard as a 5 year old whooped his ass, he is so cowardly, i almost hate him like i do roswaal and puck.

Heinkel is actually very relateable and his story is sad, just imagine your whole childhood is people putting expectations on you, since you are the sword demon and the sword saint son. With each passing day the fear that you won't inherit the blessings is dawning on you, by the time that you are 7 you start to notice the suspicious glances from other nobles/strangers "How come he still didn't show his talent"

You try to ask your parents, your mother hug you and tell you that she would love you no matter what, you feel the guilt that you aren't good enough, that you don't deserve her love, how come you are so untalented and worthless? You don't know what to do, your father tells you that hard work can surpass talent. You work hard everyday of your life even when you are looked down on, you still work hard, you distance yourself from your parents you just feel too worthless. You find a woman that you love, get married and suddenly your 5 year old son beats you? What? All your hard work just rendered useless, your entire life your worked for nothing and you achieved nothing. hard work cannot surpass talent after all. The cherry on top is that the woman you love is in a coma...very nice life

That is indeed a very tragic life, but he didn't have to be a dick and try to kick reinhard out of the astrea house cause he got beaten, reinhard doesn't have things easy either, he has so many ppls expectations on him, he isn't just the masterswordsman he is supposed to be a hero, and be ble to handle any situation, this distances him from ppl as everyone thinks he is a monster.

Trust me, Reinhard is living up and exceeding the expectations. He does have friends and is basically living the life.

Who cares about Reinhard anyways? That ugly demon just dieeeeee. I'm team Heinkel till the end!

Heinkel chan not to be a broken record, any progress on the calc? At this point i think you should post it even using the density of a human eye as a lowball.

@Hala you just salty reinhard buried regulus lol, on a serious note though, i could argue the reason reinhard is so twisted is cause of heinkel, dude tried to kick his 5 year old son out of his house, along with the fact his grandpa wilhelm was gone so he was alone, so what does a 5 year old do? He decides that because he is gifted with power he has to go above and beyond to be the worlds hero, and also not allow evil, queue arc 5 with reinhard killing his resurrected grandmother who was being controlled by the villians.

@Zero a calc of wilhelm lifting the whales eyeball.

Still doesn't change that he is a ****** up demon. I just find Heinkel to be a relateable character, it says a lot about me as a person I suppose xD

Don't get me wrong I still love Reinhard as a character and I find him to be one of the most complicated/layered character from the series.

@ZERO7772

Little bro I don't see you in reddit recently, you dead or somethinz?

Despite what people think reinhard isn't just an op flat character, there are layers to his character and isn't just an op perfect gary sue with nothing else to his personality, he is certainty one of my fav male characters from the series, subaru>wilhelm>julius>otto>reinhard.

^people actually like Subaru? I liked his silly character, until the point where he actually keeps acting friendly even with people that didn't even bother to help him when he needed. I mean he should only pretended to get along with them.

Subaru is easily the most developed character in re zero, no other character can compare to him in terms of development, the entire first 3 arcs were about his development going from thinking he is the protagonist of the story as the otaku's dream of being transported into another world and expecting to be op as hell which he isn't (which is partly why he kinda of dislikes reinhard cause he is what subaru wants to be). He finds out the world doesn't think of him as the protagonist and he doesn't have op powers hence his freaking out when emilia tried to leave him out of the royal selection, cause the world doesn't revolve him, so he stubbornly tried to force his way in, believing that with RBD he can overcome anything, he messes up and RBD moves beyond that point so he can't take it back, he keeps believing emilia needs him and gets rekt over and over, showing how useless he is and how he can't save anyone, he has to change his mentality thinking that just cause he was summoned to another world he is the protagonist, and then comes episode 18 when he changes his mentality, things start going ok for him but then meets a problem RBD can't solve the person who made him change his mentality gets taken out by a bishop and no matter what he does he can't save her. Subaru is pitiful, he has a severe inferiority complex, he knows he is weak and he accepts it, he isn't the same idiot who would explode based on his emotions anymore in arc 4 on wards, he tries to stay calm and find the answers to his problems and not just flip out on ppl.

^Yeah, I just can't get over certain things like really they act like you are the last piece of trash and you are still their friend. And anyway I don't see the point of talking about his development,since I talked about his current personality. Anyway this point of view is also based on personal experience which makes it hard for me to go over even for imaginary characters, but I do agree his character development is great (one of the best in anime in general), but that won't change the fact that part of his personally pisses me off.

Don't really know what you have an issue with, that people didn't like him before and now they do? Before he had nothing to offer them, crusch didn't help him cause he had no proof the witch cult was gonna attack emilia, and while she knew he wasn't lying, to her mind it just proved he was a madman as he believed his madness, he never once said he wanted to save emilia, only kill the cultist.

Priscilla didn't helped him cause he was actually going to go low enough to lick her feet, which shows he has no respect for himself, although you could argue that's how far he would got save the ppl he cares about.

Anastasia didn't help cause he expected things from ppl when he had nothing to offer in return, you can't just expect ppl who don't know you to help you in a completely insane mission like taking on the witch cult, that's a big deal.

Subaru had to work to get to where he is, you can't just expect the world to give you things, once he changed as a person is when things started going well for him.

^hypocrties. He would of helped them,if they were in his situation and he had the resources.

The one for Prisicla is really lame excuse,I mean of course he would do anything for the person he loves the most and she is pretty much saying that as an excuse,because she would of not helped him anyway.

Crusch it looks more convincing,but not a lot different from Priscila.

Anastasia same thing like with Prisicla she simply didn't give a f***.

And most important of all. They want to rule,but don't give a f*** about innocents? I say that's just pathetic. And as most important thing. I didn't actually refer to their reasons to ignore him,i was saying that he is an idiot beacuse he is still being an actual friend with similar people who couldn't care less even if thousands of innocents die,if they have nothing to gain and actually wanna be the one to rule and apparently give example to everyone else.

I would say there is a little hope of him being friendly to them only because he can gain from that,but let's be honest he is just a plain old good guy.

Subaru didn't have any proof that the witch cult would appear, would you if you were in power believe everyone that comes up to you and say that terrorist are going to attack and murder people? These people have their own problems and issue and can't afford to expend their resources on every single rumor that they come across, it was literally said that people report sighting the witch cult over and over but it turns out to be bs all the while, what makes subaru's story so convincing that people should help him? We as the viewer know that what he is saying is true but the people in the story don't, he has no way to prove it.

It's not that they don't care about the innocent, it's that they can't move reckless and expend their resources on information that has no proof of being true. Subaru has no reason to hate them, arc 3 subaru would have though cause again he thought the world revolved around him so he is supposed to get whatever he wants, but that isn't the case the world doesn't revolve around him, and if he wants something he has to prove he is worthy of it. Arc 4 subaru is more mature and understands this so he doesn't hold grudges over things like that, cause he understands the other persons positions.

^Yeah, pretty sure they don't care a single bit. Anyway my opinion on that regard won't really change no matter how i look on the situation like really they could of at least send one person to verify what he is saying, if they don't wanna trust him,but not even that and yet we are talking about death of who knows how many people. Now you will probably just continue saying they simple didn't want to risk life of one of their person because they care about their soldiers,but that looks totally weird and did they have a reason to believe white whale would show up? You say that his apperenace is all of a sudden more important than lives of innocents since that could of been a trap as well.

Again the witch cultist are elusive, nobody knows where they are, people say they know where they are all the time and it always turns out to be bs, why should someone in power waste their manpower on the story of boy with no proof, and who was clearly at the moment not in his right state of mind? You expect the world to just stop and listen to everyone who comes asking for help when people have their own problems to deal with? If you want something from someone show some proof that you are worth it. We should just agree to disagree as this is clearly a difference in ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back