• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That "Natsuki Subaru" chapter is why Subaru is my profile pic lol. Still clearly remember going through arc 6, good times, and pretty soon it will be in anime form.

Re Zero is my fav LN because it has such good, and layered characters, and also the mysteries and world building on top. Every time I go back through the series I learn something new, ie rewathcing ep 15 of season 1, after seeing Guese in season 2.

But anyway shameless plug again for my fav Re Zero reactor. His breakdown of the op and ed was pretty interesting, I swear when this dude sees arc 6, he will call arc 12 lol.

The idea of Re Zero being cyclical is interesting, the present and past, are linked, a repetition. I too also wonder what will happen once Subaru gains all the other authorities, will be interesting to see, if anything changes.

Last edited:
I have actually been rewatching the series with a friend whose only ever watched s1 once like 8 years ago.

Despite having watched s1 like 5 times already, this time it hit really goddamn hard for some reason. Maybe because I was reading Arc 6 simultaneously, I realized just how well Tappei had set up everything, and how intricately he knew Subaru's character even during the beginning of the story.

Also the world building in this series is fantastic. Really, there isn't an aspect of the series I could bring up that feels subpar to me. It excels in practically every category, especially characters...

I do have one complaint about Arc 6 though and that's the ending. A lot of weird events happened towards the end, without much explanation. Louis pops up outta nowhere. The witch comes to consume Subaru. Volcanica strikes at the witch. Subaru, Rem, and Louis so happen to get randomly teleported over to the land of the wolves, leaving the others behind.

So close to perfection, but everything else in this arc was exceptional, even amongst the other parts of the story thus far, so I can forgive it...

I'm only a few chapters into Arc 7 now. So far reading this is painful. Subaru really getting the hardest time ever because of Tappei. Also, Rem is extraordinarily crafty. I was not familiar with her game.

Oh btw I finished Volume 25 guys. Best volume of the series that I've read so far. I'd even go as far as saying it is the single best book I've ever read.

It's stacked to the brim with amazing chapters: "Natsuki Subaru," "Good Loser," and "Ram" are some of the best in the entire series. Easy 10/10s. Natsuki Subaru might even be my favorite chapter in the entire series thus far. When I originally read this about 3-4 years ago that was the moment when Subaru became my favorite character ever. I have just reawakened those same feelings, having read this again.

Ram is probably my favorite woman in the series. I already liked her a lot, but reading her developments and character throughout Arc 6, my opinion of her just continued spiraling upwards. Then her name chapter hit and it was so good I used all my free time during work to read it. She's so cool!!!

And then there's Julius getting so much development in this arc as well, with an equally amazing chapter focused on him....

"Louis Arneb," "Death of the Mind," and "I ask thy Will" were also excellent. Though, I think Louis Arneb got shafted a lot in the novel version.

I am finally onto new territory. I've never fully read Arc 7, beyond just knowing the general plot of the beginning bits.

Still like 200 chapters and 5 Ex Novels away from being caught up, however.

List of S Tier Characters IMO so far: Natsuki Subaru, Beatrice, Ram, Roswaal L. Mathers, Julius Juukulius
True on all accounts...

Back