• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman vs Geo Stelar (Megaman Starforce)

First major observation I can see is Rayman's non-physical interaction may be a good counter against Geo's intangibility

Yeah, Rayman has interacted with:

-ghosts who could phase through walls

-clouds in one of the boss fights

-Lums which have been described as "magical lights", "shards of energy", and "beings of pure energy"

Also, here are some pages with calcs for both characters:

Rayman calcs

Geo Stelar calcs

I can see Geo's Black Hole manipulation being a problem for Rayman, as well as his other attack hax. But Rayman technically wins in stats, going by their calcs. I'm not sure how we should compare speed since Rayman is technically faster, but only in attack speed; Geo would run circles around Rayman in travel speed. Invisibility and even types of precognition is something they both have technically.

Rayman has no form of ESP, or Enhanced Senses, so he can't hit what he can't even see. His Precog is his only saving grace, but that's limited. Meanwhile, Geo has many ways to kill Rayman, such as Void Manipulation, Life/Soul Absorption. Rayman off the bat would have no way of knowing Geo's weaknesses, but Geo can analyze him and learn his.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Rayman has no form of ESP, or Enhanced Senses, so he can't hit what he can't even see. His Precog is his only saving grace, but that's limited. Meanwhile, Geo has many ways to kill Rayman, such as Void Manipulation, Life/Soul Absorption. Rayman off the bat would have no way of knowing Geo's weaknesses, but Geo can analyze him and learn his.
Thanks for responding. In terms of Enhanced Senses, he does have Seekers which can help him find hidden items in the Rayman series (though that's limited in a sense as well). Plus it may not tank all of Geo's impressive attacks but Rayman has various shields, including the Golden Heart, Fairy Blessing, Ultimate Barrier, and Protector. Plus he has Homing Attacks.

Mantidil said:
Thanks for responding. In terms of Enhanced Senses, he does have Seekers which can help him find hidden items in the Rayman series (though that's limited in a sense as well). Plus it may not tank all of Geo's impressive attacks but Rayman has various shields, including the Golden Heart, Fairy Blessing, Ultimate Barrier, and Protector. Plus he has Homing Attacks.
Admittedly he does have a point though, but either way Rayman also has shields holding him up for a bit plus invulnerability somewhere listed if memory serves, I suppose the next thing being said is that Geo can nullify the barriers which honestly I don't find hard to believe seeing the absurdity's the Megaman franchise tend to implement now and then.

Anomalous N I W D E said:
Admittedly he does have a point though, but either way Rayman also has shields holding him up for a bit plus invulnerability somewhere listed if memory serves, I suppose the next thing being said is that Geo can nullify the barriers which honestly I don't find hard to believe seeing the absurdity's the Megaman franchise tend to implement now and then.
Fairy Blessing has invulnerability. The Golden Heart can tank 2 hits of any strength level so it's not really a traditional barrier either. Skimming through Geo's power set, the wing blade is the only thing mentioned that could get through barriers. It's worth conceding though that Ray's methods of protection wouldn't last that long in a fight even without barrier null.

I guess the question is would Rayman get a few hits in before Geo uses his haxy attacks? Judging from their calcs, it looks like Rayman's highest power output is roughly 14x more powerful than the strongest thing Geo tanked (1.41x10^50 J > 1.00x10^49 J).Also would Geo go for the hax immediately?

Okay, sensing hidden items doesn't even compare to someone being on the literal EM wave specturm. Those barriers mean nothing when Geo can phase through them and use his abilities then. This is a stomp, he's outhaxed, and he can't even see what the hell he's fighting.

Okay, sensing hidden items doesn't even compare to someone being on the literal EM wave specturm. Those barriers mean nothing when Geo can phase through them and use his abilities then. This is a stomp, he's outhaxed, and he can't even see what the hell he's fighting.
And there it is.

... Then again.

There's more I could say, but generally I think I gotta agree. I don't think Rayman has what it takes to land a hit before he succumbs to Geo's hax and other advantages. I think it still could be argued that Rayman could bypass his intangibility, but even if he could, it is VERY unlikely that he could manage to land any hits before Geo destroys him.

Though tbh, looking at Geo's notable victories, Majin Buu was even more at a disadvantage than Rayman it seems like, yet site users still thought it was a significant enough matchup to vote on and add. So should the vote continue?

If he can hit intangibles, that's fine. But it's the fact that he can't even see him is the problem. And what applies to some matches doesn't to others. I hardly keep up with other Mega Man threads, so I can't say.

Back