• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven vs Teresa

@Lancelot Just pointing out that Teresa should not have Priscilla's level of regen, as Priscilla's regen comes from her endless immense hatred, something Teresa does not possess.

Edit: oh, he left. Oh well.

I asked him just earlier about that, so either you are lying to me or he is. He even agrees that the idea still remains that the aura shield can take one or two hits of that level, but isn't literally at that level. But you can feel free to ask, I guess.

Well, I've kind of had enough with you two posting for me on this thread, so I'll try and clear things up.

The way Weekly is arguing Aura, from what I understand is that no, it isn't solidly at that level. When we say that "Aura can block an attack 4x above the users' AP" we don't mean that everyone in RWBY is actually a stone wall, it's just that with how Aura functions it'll take one or two hits that would otherwise grievously wound the user of it before popping. Basically instead of taking one hit that would OHKO Raven it'd take two hits, and anything above that begins to just bypass Aura entirely.

Granted. I don't recall Weekly and I ever agreeing on the 4x multiplier - my PMs with him yesterday actually ended the topic on me asking him where in the thread that was agreed to. So far I can't find any thread where a universal 4x multiplier for Aura was agreed to. Although this is mostly semantics because this doesn't change how Aura works. In fact, the exact wording on the thread was for others who have no 'taking hits from higher tiered characters' we just list it as "higher with Aura" on their dura."

So a bunch of High 7-C attacks would still break Raven's aura should they hit it; just keep in mind that Raven was able to take a lot of punishment from another Maiden, Cinder, before her Aura was low.

I tried to explain it like this on the profiles themselves ("Aura allows the user to take hits from characters several times stronger than themselves and acts as a 'health bar' that lets them take multiple hits from characters of similar stature"), however here's the thread for more detail on the topic. This is an audience interpretation of both exposition and how Aura has been shown to practically function so I'm open to critique on that front.

If Teresa is already behind Raven by 4x it'll take a lot more hits than it'd take someone like Cinder to seriously damage Raven's Aura.

What do you mean? In her fight with Cinder her dust blades are all shown to generate the elemental properties of the dust theyre made of (Electricity Dust crating electricity when swing, ice freezing things their wake, fire setting stuff on fire, gravity hitting harder, etc.).
We do see Raven's dust blades have a dust-based effect once in the fight, however outside of freezing stuff we don't really see her other dust blades have significant effects on the environment or Cinder. They mostly just break on Cinder's weapons and vice versa. So I'm not sure where the other examples are from.

"3 Layers of barrier".
I'm not really sure what Weekly means by three either - however she does form a bubble around herself while clashing with Cinder. And from how she deploys this it certainly doesn't look passive.

Last edited:
@Lancelot Just pointing out that Teresa should not have Priscilla's level of regen, as Priscilla's regen comes from her endless immense hatred, something Teresa does not possess.

Edit: oh, he left. Oh well.
I still see the comments.

And Priscilla's Regen doesn't come from her hatred, you have it backwards. Her regen comes from her Yoki, which comes from her endless hatred.

And thing is, both by manga and the material stuff for explanations on Teresa, Teresa has her beat in Yoki. The stats for her, which are supposed to come from the Organization, have her as an S in Yoki, while Priscilla is an A+. Worse, the implication is that Teresa was always hiding her true strength from Organization, since the files also imply she was inferior to all to all the Claymores sent to kill her in their specialties, yet she overpowers each and every one of them in each of their specialties, with no indication of needing using Yoki for it.

There's also the direct fact that a Former No. 1 that awakened, which would make her on the level of an Abyssal One, felt terrified by her Yoki while she released only 10%. That 10% was also enough for her to completely overpower Priscilla when she was using like 70 to 80%, a step away from awakening. Galatea herself, while Teresa battled Priscilla who was right there, said that she had never experienced a Yoki so vast... while Teresa was still at 10% and not awakened.

But despite all this, I did mention right after that all of this would still require a proper CRT, so it isn't really usable. At best, Teresa should totally be on the level of an Abyssal one in Regen, even if we discount her ginormous amount of Yoki.

Edit: Apologies for speaking on your behalf without saying anything, Dargoo. That was my bad for playing along, instead of just saying that all of that really doesn't matter until a proper CRT is done.

Also, I may still drop comments. I don't know. I am just not feeling the energy for this anymore, but I could explain my rationale if that's contested.

This is what im referring to by her personal barriers
Well, in the case of Cinder, it looks like she's manually blocking each shot, and in the case of Amber I can't really tell if it's passive or setting up the barriers via a thought. Either way though that does give us a three-layer force field dip because Rooster Teeth can't be bothered to use similar animations for Maidens no-selling things.

Granted I'm not sure if those barriers would hold up vs other maidens or maiden-level characters, we see it happen only when Amber and Cinder are blocking shots from what is effectively fodder to them. In the case of Raven, if she had these barriers up during the fight Cinder wouldn't have been able to get close to begin with, but she waltzes up to Raven on a number of occasions.

Apologies for speaking on your behalf without saying anything, Dargoo. That was my bad for playing along, instead of just saying that all of that really doesn't matter until a proper CRT is done.
If we're waiting on a CRT for Teresa to add in abilities that are relevant to this match, it might be best to wait until those are finished before we continue debating.

I very much think the Claymore profiles need work. But unless someone else takes that task, I don't think I can do that anytime soon.

Am already slowed down tackling Dark Schneider since I have college in the way, plus other things.

Back