• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven (RWBY) vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Raven (1)
Mgs4render
So my first match up was a bust, but this one might be better.

(MGS4) Raiden vs Base Raven.

Raiden does not have his Stealth Camo, only his HF Blade and Knives.

Speed is Equalized, who wins?

Rave: Weekly, Dragoo Faust, RebubleUselet, Gargoyle One (4)

Raide: (0)

I'm certainly digging this match-up.

Raven and Raiden should be roughly equal strength-wise. However, Raiden shown a lot more skill feats than Raven did, so he's likely superior in that department. As of the abilities, Raiden's got Invisibility with Stealth Camo, which should prove useful, as there are none feats of RWBY characters spotting invisible characters with their Enhanced Senses, from my memory. Raiden also has HF Blade, which will be able to break Raven's sword in their clash.

TL;DR voting Raiden via skill advantage, Stealth Camo and HF Blade.

Raven has multiple swords to switch from during the fight, if Raiden breaks one she can just use another. Raven can also transform into a bird at anytime so she can fly up high if Raiden starts to overwhelm her with his skill.

I didn't know that MGS4 Raiden had Stealth Camo, it's not mention in his Power and Abilities or in his standard equipment. If he does have it then I'm restricting it, Raiden only has his his HF Blades and Knives.

Fine then, the match won't be added.

Besides, Raiden's profile needs to be changed, he doesn't have Stealth Camo in his Standard Equipment nor does it say he has it in his MGS4 key.

I want a fair fight, invisibility isn't really all that fair.

Stealth Camo is not something Raiden uses very often, but okay.

Raiden still beats Raven with skill and HF Blade. I'd argue that the secondary equipment like grenades would help him, but he's got only knives, which sucks.

Also, Grenades and Stealth Camo should be put in his Standard Equipment if he has them in MGS4. It's kind of misleading when it says he has HF Blade and Knives.

Also his Power and Abilities only mentions Martial Arts and Limited Lighting Manipulation in his MGS4 key.

Just going to point out that Raven's blades can withstand being clashed with Fall Maiden Cinder's strikes and this form of Raiden's HF blade cant cut through stuff like Armstrong's 7-C durability body, so saying it can cut through something with High 7-C durability is unlikely

There was exactly one fight for Raven. And she had Maiden powers. Assuming her sword was High 7-C even before is a stupid leap in logic.

Desmond253 said:
So I assume this is Raiden at the end of MGRR with Sam's sword which could cut through Armstrong
No its not, its Raiden at the beginning of the game with is normal HF sword

You don't make any sense. You say Raven's sword's dura is High 7-C because it took Cinder's attacks. Yet it was Maiden Raven that fought her.

Also, Maidens scale to Raven's storm feat because she used energy, and Maidens utilize it for fighting, right? So Raven channels her powers into her sword, and bam, it's High 7-C.

If the blade didn't have High 7-C dura how is it going to survive being pumped full of maiden power. Just because the blade has High 7-C durablility doesn't mean Raven suddenly gets High 7-C AP without using the maiden powers.

Actually looking through the fight again, the sword blades do shatter but only after trading multiple direct blows. Their durability would still be High 7-C as a result of this but overall lower than the AP of a Maiden.

Base Raven wouldn't have any 7-C attacks.

Raiden ignores dura with the HF Blade, and it has affected forcefields before.

They engage in close combat, and Raiden outskills her (We've hardly seen enough combat from her without Maiden powers) and sliced her in half. I

I question your reasoning, Weekly, as you yourself claim that Aura can be extended to armor and weapons.

No but her Sword has High 7-C durability meaning Raiden's HF blade cant cut through it, not can it cut through her aura which coats the blade

Scans of it affecting forcefields

WeeklyBattles said:
The durability of the weapons themselves dont increase, thats not something RWBY characters can do
Not by themselves, yes. But Raven had Maiden's powers in that fight.

Saying the sword was High 7-C in durability from the start is still a stretch, because there was no fight with Base Raven so far.

Ive seen several playthroughs of MGRR and i dont recall the HF Blade ever cutting through a forcefield

Aura coating her blade further debunks Reb's argument

>There are none feats of RWBY characters spotting invisible characters with their Enhanced Senses, from my memory

Amber spotted Emerald who was using her semblance to make herself invisible. Raven's ESP and senses should be far superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back