• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven Branwen vs. Lord Garmadon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dargoo If you really only think she can fly in short bursts then you didnt watch her fight with Cinder

Hell even Amber who is immensely less skilled with maiden powers than Raven was able to fly indefinitely

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo If you really only think she can fly in short bursts then you didnt watch her fight with Cinder
Hell even Amber who is immensely less skilled with maiden powers than Raven was able to fly indefinitely
I linked the two instances of her flying in her fight with Cinder. Both were short burst.

You can link other examples if you want to.

Can you give evidence of that?

Regardless, as I've said, Raven doesn't use flying in combat that much. At least not to the ridiculous extent you're making it out to be.

Both of those were only several meters to 10/12 meters above the ground.

Her long vertical flight is indeed done in short burts, even that is under a hundred meters, and that's me being as generous as possible. Hovering above the ground, however, doesn't mean you can suddenly shoot up kilometers in the sky by any stretch of the imagination.

WeeklyBattles said:
Her flight is not done in short bursts my dude
Her hovering over the ground for several meters, yeah, I concede she can do that for a while.

Not her long-range flight, however, which was only showcased in one quick upwards motion.

Suffice to say there is minimal evidence to support her flying kilometers in the air.

Flight doesn't have a range, but it certainly has a duration/reach. It's at the heart of NLF to assume Raven can fly forever because she demonstrated hovering for several meters and a single short burst flight feat of several hundred meters.

We can narrow down this logic by applying it at larger scales; "Raven can fly from one end of the universe to the other", no, "Raven can fly from one planet to another", no, "Raven can fly around the planet", no, "Raven can fly into the stratosphere", no, and et cetera until we get back to "well, we know Raven can fly several dozen meters from that one feat". Ergo, we should use that, as it requires few assumptions.

In some cases it does, especially when a character is shown using it in short ranges and here it's claimed she can go for several km running away (wich is OoC too). Thats why I asking for some fix on that. Anyways, in going to sleep, good night people.

About lifting strength, would this feat be at least somewhat comparable?

https://savetubevideo.com/a8BrWBkkZJY (at minute 5:52)

While it isn't performed by Garadon, it likely would scale since he's superior to Morro in both strength and powers.

And about a flight, as long as she doesn't too far away from him, Garmadon can reach her by jumping here and there.

I was simply pointing it out since a lot of people do tend to do that even if stuff isn't in the profiles.

Yeah, basically:

Garmadon is 2.5 times stronger and more durable.

Her range advantage gets countered by shadows, which will give her trouble.

If she gets close to him, Garmadon goes Spinjitzu and she gets Ninja'd (quite literally).

Her main powers are stuff that Garmadon has faced before.

Flying weapons, spikes and stuff get thrown back at her with telekinesis and Spinjitzu

If she flies for short distances or stays up in the air, he jumps around a few times and catches her.

Type 2 and type 7 will make her blows more ineffective (alongside that durability advantage).

So Garmadon for those reasons.

As of now, I'm gonna have to go for Garmadon FRA. She can get around some of his stuff, but it seems that he's more likely to win overall.

Why is Raven's range "Several kilomters" when the storm was the only thing that would require this? That should be either "up to several kilometers" or "Several kilometers with Weather Manipulation".

Either way, Garmadon FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back