• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven Branwen vs. Lord Garmadon

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Raven can use her own TK to counteract it and counter with her own ranged powers
And Garmadon just shoots her in the sky with his ranged powers.

Dargoo Faust said:
And Garmadon just shoots her in the sky with his ranged powers.
Raven has a range of kilometers to Garmadon's dozens of meters, Raven can just spam outside of his range

Dargoo Faust said:
He would if she's escaping his range.

>implying Raven would dismember him without issue while she's being attacked by multiple clone of herself.

It's a 2.5 time gap. Ands stop assuming what I say, I'm just saying it's a large advantage.
She's starting outside his range of influence, she wouldnt need to escape as she's starting beyond what he can do with ranged attacks.

>IDK how you think he can get dismembered by somemone with less AP.

Im not assuming what youre saying, im telling you what you are in fact saying.

@Yobo His shadow clones calt fly so no they dont

Raven and people on Raven's level have dealt with illusions before so they wont be that big of an issue

What's Raven's initial fighting style like?

Flying around, ranged ice manip, bubble shields, and elemental swords if she gets into melee combat

Wait, when has Raven used her TK before?

And evidence would be nice.

I looked around, she hasn't demonstrated or used her TK before. Garmadon TKs her back to the ground and she gets swarmed.

@Dargoo My dude. Garmadon doesnt have a range of kilometers with TK. He cant reach her in order to do what you think he'll do.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo My dude. Garmadon doesnt have a range of kilometers with TK. He cant reach her in order to do what you think he'll do.
He would just TK her as she leaves the ground.

Also, I've also looked through Raven's flying feats. When has she ever flown that much? Her fight with Cinder only had her do maybe a hundred meters. So, she wouldn't just start off by flying kilometers in the air, especially since she wouldn't be aware of Garmadon's range and that's not how she fights.

Evidence.

Raven doesn't also start her fights by flying into the air, she only did that to catch up to Cinder.

If she, for some reason, breaks character and immediately tries to fly kilometers into the air, Garmadon TKs her back down; I have never seen her use TK in such as way before.

WeeklyBattles said:
Scans of Garmadon having kilometers with TK
Evidence
He doesn't. Why do you think I'm even saying that?

Raven would move to attack him with a melee strike first going by her fight with Cinder, which would put her in-range. By the time she thinks she should retreat it would already be too late.

It's not in-character for her to immediatly fly into the air past maybe a couple meters, and her fight with cinder had her immediately closing distance.

Also nice work trying to justify that she doesnt fly kilometers in the air by showing a scan of her fighting in a confined space

WeeklyBattles said:
Also nice work trying to justify that she doesnt fly kilometers in the air by showing a scan of her fighting in a confined space
And that's all we see of her flying. Saying she can do any more is NLF.

She doesn't even fly that high in-character; she only did that to catch up to Cinder. The most she flew in the start of that battle was like one or two meters.

Thanks for the compliment, though.

@Dargoo Because theyre starting 4 km apart as per SBA yet you act like he'd instantly TK her

So please do show evidence of him being able to do so, otherwise stop arguing that he would

Regardless of whether or not she can do that, it doesn't matter because she doesn't start kilometers in the air. That means if she flies up like that, Garmadon can just yank her down before she gets that far away from him.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Because theyre starting 4 km apart as per SBA yet you act like he'd instantly TK her
He would TK her if she tried to fly. Never said he could do it from 4km.

But she doesn't start with that. She starts with going in for a melee attack.

Wokistan said:
Regardless of whether or not she can do that, it doesn't matter because she doesn't start kilometers in the air. That means if she flies up like that, Garmadon can just yank her down before she gets that far away from him.
He doesnt have the range to TK her from 4 KM away, what dont yall understand about that?

WeeklyBattles said:
He doesnt have the range to TK her from 4 KM away, what dont yall understand about that?
No one is saying that.

She moves within range as her first move, which would let him do that to her if she tried it later in the battle.

Actually, how often does he even use TK? And her lifting strength should allow her to easily overpower his TK so even if he tries it wouldnt work on her.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo YOU are saying that
Jesus Christ, tell me where I said that. It's clear that if I said that it was a mistake on my part because I'm clearly not saying it now.

Otherwise, stop putting words in my mouth.

WeeklyBattles said:
Actually, how often does he even use TK? And her lifting strength should allow her to easily overpower his TK so even if he tries it wouldnt work on her.
Good question for Yobo. I'd assume he'd do it if an opponent is trying to escape him, although at that point Raven would already be overwhelmed with clones and his own attacks.

WeeklyBattles said:
Raven's clones cant fly so they have no way to overwhelm her
But Raven doesn't start with flying, nor does she fly more than one or two meters unless she's trying to reach a target.

@Dargoo No she wasnt, she broke out of an inferior ice attack used by a fire wielder whereas Cinder wasnt able to break out of Raven's ice despite absorbing some of Raven's power on top of being a fire user.

Ive seen enough Ninjago to know he doesnt

What says Cinder's ice attacks are inferior to Raven's? They have the same exact power, Cinder just perfers to use fire-based attacks. Raven also never uses her freezing power until the very end of a fight.

Then, can you give an explaination instead of just saying "I know things" and leaving it at that? Like some examples of fights he was in?

Garmadon does indeed start with clones, though not Tk, though I'm 90% sure what they start with doesn't matter when it's him reacting to her flight. Illusions are just as likely as clones tho

Yeah, he wouldn't need to start or even use TK as Raven doesn't use her flight like that in-combat, unless she was trying to reach Garmadon in the air.

Maybe as the fight goes on she would try and escape, but at that point he would have at least tried to use his TK on her.

@Dargoo Because Cinder trained almost exclusively in fire attacks whereas Raven trained almost exclusively in ice

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Because Cinder trained almost exclusively in fire attacks whereas Raven trained almost exclusively in ice
Where does it say she trained "exclusively" on ice attacks? She just tended to use them in her fight.

Like I said, she doesn't use freezing until the end of the fight.

@Dargoo Garmadon's TK is not strong enough to hold Raven, seriously stop acting like it matters in any way in this fight because it doesnt. Its a non factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back