• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven Branwen vs. Lord Garmadon

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
@Yobo What fight did he lead with clones in? In this key?
Yeah. In the only fight he's been in this key, namely his shadow vs Kai, he started with that

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Garmadon's TK is not strong enough to hold Raven, seriously stop acting like it matters in any way in this fight because it doesnt. Its a non factor.
It is strong enough to hold Raven. AP advantage; lifting strength has nothing to do with holding a character in place or radolling them.

We already went over how the "TK users resist TK thing" was false.

And Raven didn't even use TK in any fight, or at all from what I remember.

@Dargoo Cool, Garmadon's lifting strength with TK isnt enough to hold Raven either so youre still wrong

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Cool, Garmadon's lifting strength with TK isnt enough to hold Raven either so youre still wrong
We already went over how lifting strength doesn't matter in TK matches past TK clashes.

Raven has never used her TK in a fight.

Please stop saying "you're wrong" and not making any reasonable arguments. It's really hurting your arguments and making this debate rather stale.

Lifting strength does in fact matter in a TK vs TK match, in Kenshi vs Glynda everyone agreed that Glynda would be able to overpower Kenshi due to having higher lifting strength but he can bypass hers vis internal attacks

If you think otherwise make a CRT

Now you're just making stuff up. Several sysops and user including myself disagreed with you. And with good reason. Please go back and read through the arguments again.

I don't need to. There isn't anything official saying that.

Raven doesn't even use her TK in combat. Why are we even arguing this?

Dargoo Faust said:
Please stop saying "you're wrong" and not making any reasonable arguments. It's really hurting your arguments and making this debate rather stale.
I'd perfer to not rub dirt onto people for things I probably fall into from time to time, but, let's be honest with ourselves, Weekly doesn't do this "From time to time"

Look at any match with his characters losing where people simply don't agree with him. He always gets agressive and seemly irritated with people.

It's a really big and persistent problem everyone should at least learn to keep under wraps. Sometimes, characters get beaten by other characters. So what if you like them? Again, I have had this problem before, but I know there's a time when you're supposed to quit because people simply think their arguments are more logical. Who are you to judge them? After all, we all would like to think the same of ours.

Let's all just vote for who we want to vote for, and the person who makes the most sense will win, okay?

That said, Garmadon for reasons above.

Look, being a little agressive in a debate is fine. I get agressive as well, although it's a lot more passive-agressive.

I'm just saying it doesn't help arguments.

Garmadon - 2 (Dargoo, DMUA)

Raven - 1 (Weekly)

Yeah, and it drives the whole thing in circles.

Anyways, I've cast my lots, I'll sit back from now on.

@Dargoo Never once did i say Raven would be using TK here. Not once. Her lifting strenght alone would be enough to overpower Garmadon's TK.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Never once did i say Raven would be using TK here. Not once.
Oh, sorry for assuming, then. My bad.

So... how would she be able to counteract Garmadon's TK without using it herself? It was agreed on Kenshi vs. Glynda that TK users don't resist TK by nature unles they actively clash with their own TK.

Her lifting strength alone should be more than enough to overpower Garmadon's TK, its Class K Scaling from being several layers of stronger than 3e+5 kg vs Unknown. Breaking out of TK via strength is a common thing you know.

WeeklyBattles said:
Her lifting strength alone should be more than enough to overpower Garmadon's TK, its Class K Scaling from being several layers of stronger than 3e+5 kg vs Unknown. Breaking out of TK via strength is a common thing you know.
Lifting strength doesn't seem like something that can let you resist being pulled around by TK. For example, why would someone's TK need Class Y lifting strength to move around a 50kg character who's 5-B and has Class Y lifting strength?

It's common, yeah, Raven never does it.

Having higher lifting strength is only relative to throwing around other characters, not resiting being thrown around.

I mean

I don't see how you can really flex out of floating midair

You could probably resist being pushed by by TK by grinding your feet into the dirt, but if you're midair there's not much to do.

There's flight but I don't think Lifting strength applies to force by which you can fly at.

If she has flight her lifting strength should allow her to resist it, actually. She does this by just pushing against the force imparted by the TK with superior force.

Wokistan said:
If she has flight her lifting strength should allow her to resist it, actually. She does this by just pushing against the force imparted by the TK with superior force.
Ah, that makes sense, actually. Thanks.

Raven wouldn't start off with flight. Nor does she fly distances that would put her out of Garmadon's range.

At best she would enter a ranged battle already exhausted with dealing with her shadow clones.

Oh sure it makes sense when someone else says it but not when i say it :/

Raven can most definitely fly out of Garmadon's range if she needs to

Yobobojojo said:
Also, don't know if this helps, but Garmadon can make his own shadow fight too
Oh, lol. And he can duplicate it?

Raven gets mugged on the ground.

WeeklyBattles said:
Oh sure it makes sense when someone else says it but not when i say it :/
Raven can most definitely fly out of Garmadon's range if she needs to
No offense, but he actually gave me reasoning as opposed to repeating himself and telling me I was wrong.

Proof? The longest distance she flew was a little under a hundred meters.

Here are Raven's flight feats:

https://streamable.com/vpihf

https://streamable.com/ddez0

@Dargoo A little under a hundred meters is still outside of Garmadon's range, and that was withing a confined space

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo A little under a hundred meters is still outside of Garmadon's range, and that was withing a confined space
Low Multiversal with Animated Shadow (able to attack Kai and Sensei Wu, while still being stuck in the Underworld, another dimension parallel to Ninjago.

at least dozens of meters with his powers.

Yeah, it's fair to assume he'd be able to hit her under 100 meters.

Being in a confined space doesn't change anything unless you can give me feats of her flying in open air. If there isn't, we go off of what we have, otherwise we go into the realm of NLF.

Question

If a character is bound to a certain place, does the match have to take place there?

Yeah his animated shadow has a range of hundreds of meters but it cant fly

lol youre seriously trying to argue that her being able to fly is NLF?

Like anything contentious on this site,

C A S E B Y C A S E B A S I S

Seriously though, who in particular are you thinking of? I believe we assume warp primarchs are in the warp, but we also don't have EtG characters suffer instant BFR by Kaliber.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah his animated shadow has a range of hundreds of meters but it cant fly
lol youre seriously trying to argue that her being able to fly is NLF?
Yes.

I'm arguing that assuming she can fly indefinitly is NLF. We use what feats we see from her, not some imaginary and arbitrary numbers you come up with when it's convinient for your argument. Give me evidence she can fly outside of short bursts like in her fight with Cinder.

Raven doesn't even fly that often in-fights, let alone start off with it.

He sure was outside the underworld a lot for a guy who's bound to it. He's probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back