• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ranking the Star Wars Movies

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
It's time to rank your Star wars movies!! from worst to Best.

However Star Wars rankings like these can also lead to toxicity because some cant accept the fact that others have different Opinions, you can like the prequels, you can like the last Jedi, you can hate it, you can hate the OT, your Opinion. but instead of doing that I want us to rank our movies and name our favorite scenes from each movie. so instead of us spreading negativity, we will be spreading positivity.

Here is my ranking

10. Clone Wars animated film

Fav Scene: Anakin climbing a mountain as rock music plays

9. The Phantom Menace

Fav Scene: Darth Maul's entrance OvO

8.Attack of the Clones

Fav scene: Obi-wan vs Jango

7. Rouge One

Fav Scene: Vader scene hands down lol

6. The Force Awakens

Fav scene: Han solo and KanjiClub

5. Return of the Jedi

Fav Scene: Vader and Luke Confrontation

4. The Last Jedi

Fav Scene:Snoke's Death

3. Revenge of the Sith

Fav scene: entire third act

2. A New Hope

Fav scene: Luke and Obi-wan meeting

1. Empire Strikes Back

Fav scene: Dagobah Training

The phantom menace is the best movie. Why?? It's because Jar Jar Binks is in it. AKA: the best Star Wars character EVAH!!!!

I liked Last Jedi, genuinely did and still do, but it's clear it's down a path many won't appreciate

I still disagree it's worse then clone wars and phantom menace

Sigh......The Last Jedi really doesn't deserve all the hate it gets

Just Opinions :p

I mean it's not something new... every star wars film after ANH has been divisive in some sort of way, people just tend to forget about it as time goes by

I don't get the Hate for Rey... I mean I don't Love her character but I don't absolutely hate her character either. she is just..Vanilla

They hate her for being a woman......however people also hate her because other people hate her for being a woman.

Basically people hate her because they feel that Disney is being all politically correct about the whole thing which is annoying to a lot of people.

Personally I like her, I mean I don't see anything to dislike about her

Not to mean that they're sexist or anything, just that the whole extreme political correctness gets them very riled up.

Others probably just don't like how she's a "Mary Sue"

I kinda see both sides of the argument. While I do see the flaws in her development, as much as I don't like to admit it, I feel that they're exacerbated due to her gender. Mary Sues are by nature female, after all. (And I'm not saying that lightly. The first Mary Sue was a self insert perfection girl in a Star Trek fanfic)

@Cal well of course they're exclusive to females, that's why we have Gary Stus for male characters.

I think her biggest Problem is how she connects to the story as its hard to care for a nobody in a galaxy full of galactic family feuds spanning decades, also Unlike Luke and Anakin she has one goal that gets pretty much solved in the second movie... something that should have honestly been reserved for the final movie. about her abilities... well the only Mary sue thing is the force stuff which is kinda... ehh? I mean a lot of the most beloved star wars characters are Mary sue's then as it's possible for a character to just be simply strong with the force... I mean the rest of the stuff like her being a good pilot and a good fighter can be chalked up to her background and actually has. Rey, unlike Luke, had to fight every day for her life, While Luke was shooting womprats as a pastime to justify his piloting skills, Rey was fighting and learning everything around her to just stay alive another day, she knew about piloting and ships ect because she was forced to learn it if she was going to become useful to unkar plutt the guy who kinda owns her??? its vague.

Anakin is "How can i gain power to save the ones i care about"

Luke is "How Can I save my friends/Galaxy and how can i bring my father to the Light

Rey is "Who am i, what am I and what is my purpose in the story"

Essentially Rey is a what if instead of another insanely powerful Skywalker the force just chose a random person ... and how would they react to it?

10. Phantom Menace

Favourite scene: Maul vs Jinn & Kenobi (obviously)

9. Attack of the Clones

Favourite scene: Dooku vs Kenobi, Anakin, Yoda

8. The Clone Wars movie

Favourite scene: The cliff climbing scene on Teth. That was badass.

7. The Last Jedi

Favourite scene(s): The Fulmminatrix vaporizes the Resistance base on D'qar, the Raddus hyperspace rams the Supremacy.

6. Return of the Jedi

Favourite scene(s): Space battle of Endor and Vader/Anakin saves Luke.

5. The Force Awakens

Favourite scene: Kylo Ren vs Finn & Rey

4. A New Hope

Favourite scene: The entire Battle of Yavin :)

3. Rogue One

Favourite scene: The entire Battle of Scarif :)

You thought I was going to say Vader, weren't you?

2. Empire Strikes Back

Favourite scene: Vader vs Luke

1. Revenge of the Sith

Favourite scene: Space battle of Coruscant. It remains my single favourite opening scene from any Star Wars film.

Here's my list.

10. Clone Wars Movie Poor quality animation, bland new characters and the actual good ones rarely appear, is overall just a bad movie all around, but could be worse.

9. Phantom Menace Get rid of Jar Jar Binks; way too much controversy. Although the pod racing scene and the fight with Darth Maul was decent.

8. Attack of the Clones Less Jar Jar, Count Dooku was great, Yoda kicking ass was the highlight. But Anakin's performance was horrible and the romance scenes were cliche.

7. Rogue One It was a great movie on it's own, but most of the characters are admittedly forgettable. Save Vader for obvious reasons.

6. The Last Jedi While some of the scenes are humorous, and it got real epic later on, but there was a plot twist about Carrie Fisher's "dead" body using the force, and wasn't a the biggest fan of Luke acting the way he did throughout most of the movie.

5. Return of the Jedi Started off with a bunch of filler, but at least it ended the original trilogy with a bang.

4. The Force Awakens It was a pretty fantastic way to start the new trilogy, I don't get all the hate for this movie. Although, the final lightsaber Duel was underwhelming after seeing the prequels.

3. A New Hope Started it all, it had to be this high at least. Introduced amazing characters, but lacks a good lightsaber duel is the only thing missing.

2. Empire Strikes Back Widely regarded as the best movie for good reason. All the characters are fantastic and about as flawless as a movie gets when it comes to Star Wars. But Lightsaber Duels could use some a lot more hype seen in the next and final spot.

1. Revenge of the Sith First one I watched in Theaters, has the best action scenes in the movie by far, is by far the darkest in the series, Anakin is actually pretty okay where as everyone else was fantastic. All lightsaber duels but especially Yoda Vs Sidious was the highlight of the movie.

also, you guys wouldn't believe me if I told you about a decade ago that Attack of the Clones was like my 2nd or third SW movie

Believe it or not, I used to like all three prequels better than all the original movie. This was back when we only had 6 movies and my worst to best was 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Back then, I judged the solely based on lightsaber duel quality. And I used to think Jar Jar was admittedly funny; but that was before I knew all of the racially offensive conspiracies JJ was apparently associated with.

I also thought Jar Jar was genuinely funny. I even liked him in TCW and I still like him in TCW.

It's not hard to believe that Jar Jar is liked by little kids. He was, after all, created by Lucas's own kids.

Well, I haven't gotten far into the CG version of Clone Wars before I pretty much lost interesting in watching television in general, but I was a huge fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's Hand Drawn version of TCW. Still strongly disliked TCW movie though, but the TV series is far better I will say.

Back